PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Addressing Students

101A
10-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Here is Kerry, no comment from me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o)

nkdlunch
10-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Kerry looks more like a cadaver everyday. I always thoughtm he look like this guy from the movie reanimator
http://usuarios.lycos.es/clubdeluniverso/asylum/selafilia/reanimator.jpg

I am not surprised America picked a chimp over him

IceColdBrewski
10-31-2006, 04:52 PM
What an ass.

I love how he tried to smooth it all over by calling it "a joke." Yeah John. Real funny :rolleyes. When that didn't work, he went straight to the Democrat playbook: When faced with criticism over stupid comments you've made, use diversionary tactics by attacking Republicans.

The Dems would be wise to tell Kerry to just shut the hell up and go away.

xrayzebra
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
JFK is a joke. The wounded Viet Nam veteran. He put us down with his false
testimony and still is with his junk talk now. He is typical of the dimm-o-craps.

Yonivore
10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
The Dems would be wise to tell Kerry to just shut the hell up and go away.
Here's hopin' they won't. He epitomizes all we'd get with a Democratic Congress or administration.

Let's not let them forget this was their best and brightest for the 2004 Presidential election.

johnsmith
10-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow, Bush may have said some stupid things over the last 6 years, but at least they were just that, stupid things. This was mean spirited, uninformed, and stupid.......what's his excuse.

clambake
10-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey Kerry, SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. GO BUY SOMETHING. TAKE A TRIP TO THE MOON. DIRECT AND STAR IN YOUR OWN MOVIE, JUST SHUT UP. WHAT THE "F" ARE YOU DOING?

Why the hell is Bush jumping from one hoedown to the other? Why does he bother? He's had control of congress from the outset and done nothing with it. He treats it like something to put on a shelf. How much shit does he need? We've already seen what he does with congressional power, nada. Just go back to the white house and scheme out the ways your going to punish republicans that turned on you.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Jesus christ, this is god to honest hardcore proof that Kerry was just a puppet douche of the nwo. Why would he say such a thing when anyone with half a brain knows it will be twisted and turned by neocon media and only hurt his party's chances at cleaning up this awful mess in DC. He's not this fuckign stupid, he's a tool. He is on the take.

cheguevara
10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Noone really ever liked Kerry. But what I find funny is the white house is going crazy over this statement. I mean come on, if the democrats would go this crazy for every stupid Bush statement, they wouldn't be able to keep up. and beleive me, Bush has said dumber statements, he is the world record holder come on.

white house must be really desperate...

jochhejaam
10-31-2006, 07:08 PM
white house must be really desperate...
Yep, that's what I picked up from Kerry's comments. :spin :rolleyes

jochhejaam
10-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Well done John.

Did Kerry Hand Republicans A November Gift?

WASHINGTON, D.C., Oct. 31, 2006 — For weeks, Republicans on the campaign trail have been looking for something — anything — to talk about other than the record of the Republican Congress and the way the Bush administration has conducted the war in Iraq.

Monday, they got their wish. While stumping for local Democrats in California, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., addressed students at Pasadena City College and made a comment about education and the war in Iraq that lent itself to much controversy.

"You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," he said.

It was a rhetorical gift for the embattled Republican Party, which is eager to run against Kerry again. The White House, in an unusual move, notified the media ahead of time that the president would address Kerry's comment in remarks at today's campaign rally in Georgia.

Election Fodder

The Kerry kerfuffle is a prototype for controversies of the new media age. "Thanks to the Internet, all life is on the record now," observed Jeff Jarvis, a journalism professor at the City University of New York. "Everything a politician says and does is public and the world can see in a second. … that's life now."

After Kerry's remarks were mentioned on the Web sites of local newspapers, including the Whittier Daily News, the video popped up on YouTube and conservative blogs like Newsbusters.org, and then talk radio seized on them.

Though, as opposed to 2004, it didn't take Kerry weeks to respond to attacks against him. Shortly before noon Tuesday, Kerry, a Vietnam veteran, responded, insisting in a statement that he had not belittled the intelligence of soldiers serving in Iraq, but rather that of "the president who got us stuck there."

But it may have been too late. The train had left the station.

believe Sen. Kerry owes an apology to many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., campaigning in Indiana.

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said, "It tells us what John Kerry himself and the Democratic Party think about the troops and the U.S. military."

By the time Kerry got to a microphone in Seattle this afternoon to explain what he called a botched joke about the president, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Americans, had already heard about it and Republican candidates were talking about it.

"It disgusts me that a bunch of these Republican hacks who have never worn the uniform of our country are willing to lie about those who did," Kerry added.

What's unclear is if Kerry's comments will help rally Republican voters or help their party portray Democrats as against the troops to score victories next Tuesday. A Democratic congressman told ABC News Tuesday, "I guess Kerry wasn't content blowing 2004, now he wants to blow 2006, too."

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2619383&page=1

boutons_
10-31-2006, 07:35 PM
The WH going crazy over Kerry's stupid remark is typical Repug hypocrisy, with dubya and dickhead taking mutliple educational deferements to avoid ever having to "get stuck in Viet Nam" while having "better things to do" (dickhead).

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes boutons you are right, but Kerry saying these things means one of two conclusions

1) he is an incredibly stupid human being, on the level of W
or
2) he is on the take

I think its number 2. No fucking way a democrat says such stupid shit right before an election. As if Fox News was conceived last night.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-31-2006, 07:58 PM
The WH going crazy over Kerry's stupid remark is typical Repug hypocrisy, with dubya and dickhead taking mutliple educational deferements to avoid ever having to "get stuck in Viet Nam" while having "better things to do" (dickhead).

Man you are a dumbass. If Bush didn't call him out, you'd be calling Bush a scab for not sticking up for the troops he sent to Iraq. You should change your name from boutons to bigot.

What Kerry said is an insult to everyone fighting for this country. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised with this backstabbing of our troops from him considering he already did it once before during 'Nam.

The Republican Party needs to send Kerry a Christmas card, he just handed them the mid-term elections.

bendmz
10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes boutons you are right, but Kerry saying these things means one of two conclusions

1) he is an incredibly stupid human being, on the level of W
or
2) he is on the take

I think its number 2. No fucking way a democrat says such stupid shit right before an election. As if Fox News was conceived last night.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

jochhejaam
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
What an insult to minorities who make up about 20 percent of all officers and 39 percent of all enlisted personnel in the Military!

Disgraceful!

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Its inconceivable to truely believe he said this without the primary purpose of hurting the democratic party.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
What's so inconceivable about it? You're talking about a guy who testified before Congress during Vietnam that his fellow soldiers were rapists and murderers.

The irony in his comments is that you can't go into the military as an officer unless you graduate college with a degree.

scott
10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Why golly, this is enough to make me forget about 6 years of ineptitude and make me vote straight ticket Republican!

jochhejaam
10-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Why golly, this is enough to make me forget about 6 years of ineptitude and make vote straight ticket Republican!
That's shocking scott!

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
What's so inconceivable about it? You're talking about a guy who testified before Congress during Vietnam that his fellow soldiers were rapists and murderers.

The irony in his comments is that you can't go into the military as an officer unless you graduate college with a degree.

Exactly, this is proof that kerry was always on the take to begin with.

bendmz
10-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Its inconceivable to truely believe he said this without the primary purpose of hurting the democratic party.

I know John Kerry is widely known for his ability to "Flip - Flop", but can not honestly believe what you are stating. He is perhaps one of the front runners for YOUR party's nomination in 2008. He's fried, done for, a wash out... but he just can't give it up...... hell he needs to go and sell catsup :dramaquee

romsho
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Why golly, this is enough to make me forget about 6 years of ineptitude and make me vote straight ticket Republican!
That was funny. I can't imagine forgetting that Bush sucks ass.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2006, 10:05 PM
I know John Kerry is widely known for his ability to "Flip - Flop", but can not honestly believe what you are stating. He is perhaps one of the front runners for YOUR party's nomination in 2008. He's fried, done for, a wash out... but he just can't give it up...... hell he needs to go and sell catsup :dramaquee
A true citizen realizes that democrat and republican are just opposite appendages of the same beast. While the common marriott has been fully in the clutches of the neocon arm for almost a decade now, the true citizen is forced to vote completely opposite to said entangled marriotts so as to slow down the decay of the union.

Prevention of decay is impossible. But this election comes down to the same old same old, just like when a majority of us voted Al Gore in 2000: it is the lesser of two evils.

That being said, i don't find it hard at all to believe Kerry is/was on the take.

Clandestino
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Disgraceful...

Nbadan
10-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Statistics from the U.S. Army's own data corroborate comments made by Senator John Kerry on the education levels of U.S. Troops.

Specifically, over 82 percent of enlisted soldiers have a high school degree or GED, while less than 6 percent had a batchelor's degree or higher.

Nearly half of enlisted soldiers are under the age of 25.

No matter how you spin it, the majority of of enlisted soldiers in the US army are under 25 years of age with no college education.

Doesn't mean they're stupid. Just means they've never been to college. For some reason, once people have been to college and gotten a degree and a future lined up, they seem less excited about getting "stuck in Iraq."

Link (http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/demographics/FY05%20Army%20Profile.pdf)

Nbadan
10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Not to mention that Kerry's remarks were directed at the WH not at the troops...

October 31, 2006

Statement of John Kerry Responding to Republican Distortions, Pathetic Tony Snow Diversions and Distractions

Washington – Senator John Kerry issued the following statement in response to White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, assorted right wing nut-jobs, and right wing talk show hosts desperately distorting Kerry’s comments about President Bush to divert attention from their disastrous record:

“If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

I’m not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it. These Republicans are afraid to debate veterans who live and breathe the concerns of our troops, not the empty slogans of an Administration that sent our brave troops to war without body armor.

Bottom line, these Republicans want to debate straw men because they’re afraid to debate real men. And this time it won’t work because we’re going to stay in their face with the truth and deny them even a sliver of light for their distortions. No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut and run policy in Afghanistan and a stand still and lose strategy in Iraq.”

John Kerry (http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releases/release.html?id=33)

PixelPusher
10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Not to mention that Kerry's remarks were directed at the WH not at the troops...

Unfortunately, perception is reality, and Kerry remains the wrong messenger.

IceColdBrewski
10-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Statistics from the U.S. Army's own data corroborate comments made by Senator John Kerry on the education levels of U.S. Troops.

Specifically, over 82 percent of enlisted soldiers have a high school degree or GED, while less than 6 percent had a batchelor's degree or higher.

Nearly half of enlisted soldiers are under the age of 25.

No matter how you spin it, the majority of of enlisted soldiers in the US army are under 25 years of age with no college education.

Doesn't mean they're stupid. Just means they've never been to college. For some reason, once people have been to college and gotten a degree and a future lined up, they seem less excited about getting "stuck in Iraq."

Link (http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/demographics/FY05%20Army%20Profile.pdf)

Here comes dan with the deflection attempt. Forget that Kerry made a terrible mark about our fighting men and women. Let's look at some recruiting stats instead. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-31-2006, 10:48 PM
82 percent of enlisted soldiers

Um, yeah, most enlisted go in straight out of high school, which would corroborate that stat.

Conversely, the majority of officers in the military got a bachelor's degree.

What's your point dumbfuck?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Washington – Senator John Kerry issued the following statement in response to White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, assorted right wing nut-jobs, and right wing talk show hosts desperately distorting Kerry’s comments about President Bush to divert attention from their disastrous record:

“If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

I’m not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it. These Republicans are afraid to debate veterans who live and breathe the concerns of our troops, not the empty slogans of an Administration that sent our brave troops to war without body armor.

Bottom line, these Republicans want to debate straw men because they’re afraid to debate real men. And this time it won’t work because we’re going to stay in their face with the truth and deny them even a sliver of light for their distortions. No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut and run policy in Afghanistan and a stand still and lose strategy in Iraq.”

Senator Kerry owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education. Americans from all backgrounds, well off and less fortunate, with high school diplomas and graduate degrees, take seriously their duty to our country, and risk their lives today to defend the rest of us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

They all deserve our respect and deepest gratitude for their service. The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night. Without them, we wouldn't live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks.

That last quote comes from John McCain, U.S. Senator, and Former Prisoner of War in the Vietnam War.

Try again Dan.

nkdlunch
10-31-2006, 11:00 PM
well, let's face it, no 3.0 or more GPA students are running to enlist in the army

Nbadan
10-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Kerry's suggestion "that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and it is shameful," Bush said at an appearance in Georgia tonight. ``The members of the United States military are plenty smart. And they are plenty brave. And the senator from Massachusetts owes them an apology.''

- Dubya, today

Irony defined.

IceColdBrewski
10-31-2006, 11:06 PM
well, let's face it, no 3.0 or more GPA students are running to enlist in the army

Wonder what Pat Tillman would have to say about that if he were still alive.

dumbass.

nkdlunch
10-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Wonder what Pat Tillman would have to say about that if he were still alive.

dumbass.

easy, Pat Tillman is probly saying "why the hell did Bush sent me to die in this stupid pointless war"

Nbadan
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Officers in the military are smart, but they are usually the perfumed prices that Col. Hackworth used to write about with very little actual combat experience and more doing the trig for mortar fire, flying the predator drones, directing air fire, intelligence...etc...but it's the grunts, the Pat Tillman's who acheived his way to Ranger, who are the real heros of the war. Life imitates art. If you saw the movie Jarhead you should know that war moves a lot faster than ground troops today, by the time ground troops get there, the enemy has been decimated, and you have mass surrendering. That's not to say that ground troops aren't still under considerable risks, any war is risky, and Tillman's death shows this, but it's not what it used to be - certainly no Normandy.

IceColdBrewski
10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
easy, Pat Tillman is probly saying "why the hell did Bush sent me to die in this stupid pointless war"

Afghanistan was a "stupid pointless" war? Wow. Republicans and Democrats both agree that it was absolutely necessary. I guess we should've tucked our tails between our legs and did nothing after 9-11. That woulda showed em.

Tillman was eager to fight for his country after 9-11. Bush did him the favor of allowing him that honor. But for some reason, halfwits like you don't see it that way.

Yonivore
10-31-2006, 11:49 PM
"A Democratic congressman told ABC News Tuesday, 'I guess Kerry wasn't content blowing 2004, now he wants to blow 2006, too.'"
:lmao

John F. Kerry reporting for duty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIm28_5e1zI)
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

What an October surprise!

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:08 AM
What Kerry said:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

What Kerry ment to say:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get us stuck in Iraq."

See kids, blow a pun, be persecuted by the right.

Crookshanks
11-01-2006, 12:10 AM

You're quite wrong!

I heard two parents call in to the Michael Medved show today regarding Kerry's remarks. One has a son who is an honor grad from Princeton - who is now in the military; the other has a son who scored a 1400 on the SAT and turned down 7 scholarships because he wanted to serve his country.

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Ah, the danger of making absolute statements.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:20 AM
blah blah blah
So, if you don't get an education you might become President of the United States?

Sorry, the "pun" still doesn't work but, at least they worked on that excuse longer than the "I apologize to no one..." indignant response.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
So, how's that "Foleygate" working out for the Democrats?

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:25 AM
So, if you don't get an education you might become President of the United States?...(incoherent drunken blabbering)

Is Dubya smarter than you? Could you take him at Chess? Risk? Jeopardy?

IceColdBrewski
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Had he come out and said, "I obviously misspoke, and I appologize to our troops if my blunder somehow made them feel inferior", this would most likely have been forgotten by noon tommorrow. But instead, we get the "I appologize to noone, they have no right to criticize me, it's all their fault" responses. What a stand-up guy.

Not sure if he misspoke or not since Kerry is sticking to his guns, but if he did, It's the height of irony that two very critical words get left out of a speech he's making which questions the intelligence of the President and of others.

Nbadan
So, how's that "Foleygate" working out for the Democrats?

Let's see, former seat a lock for GOP now for the Demos to lose. I would say very well.

Yonivore
Your version of Kerry's quote has him telling college students that if they don't get an education they might someday be in a position to get us "stuck" in Iraq...ergo, they might become President.

So, which is he? A moron or anti-military? Probably both.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Let's see, former seat a lock for GOP now for the Demos to lose. I would say very well.
Well, duh, that one seat. I'm thinking they were banking on Foleygate to flip the House and Senate for them though...and, it hasn't quite worked out that way.

Besides, the Republicans may still keep the Foley seat. That'd be freakin' hilarious.

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Your version of Kerry's quote has him telling college students that if they don't get an education they might someday be in a position to get us "stuck" in Iraq...ergo, they might become President.

So, which is he? A moron or anti-military? Probably both.

Getting C's in Harvard is hardly making the most out of a very expensive legacy-based edumacation, I mean, it's not like Dubya was flipping burgers at Dennys or delivering Pizza on his spare time, but I think the point is that Dubya went to expensive Prep Schools, didn't study, partied hard, too hard according to 'some sources' and made the wrong choices when it came to Iraq.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-01-2006, 12:37 AM
It is obvious kerry is a sellout i said.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Getting C's in Harvard is hardly making the most out of a very expensive, legacy-based edumacation, but I think the point is that Dubya went to expensive Prep Schools, didn't study, and made the wrong choices when it came to Iraq.
Well, considering his grades were slightly better than Kerry's at Yale and that Kerry couldn't even get into Harvard Business, I'd say that makes the "pun" even stranger. Now, you're telling me that he told the students he'd of probably fucked things up worse than Bush if he'd been elected in '04.

FoxNews is announcing that Kerry is cancelling all appearances tomorrow. Probably to get his message nuanced enough for Nbadan to articulate it properly, I'm sure.

Then, there's this...

Iowa candidate asks Kerry to cancel campaign visit (http://www.eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5616595&nav=F2DO)

Even some Democrats aren't as gullible as you Dan.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:39 AM
It is obvious kerry is a sellout i said.
Or, maybe he's just an elitist snob Democrat who can't help himself from saying what's on his mind.

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Even some Democrats aren't as gullible as you Dan.

Why? Because I don't fall for the wing-nut noise machine? Why isn't Dubya campaigning in contested states for Congress? Same reason some Congressional candidates don't want to appear with Kerry right now.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Why? Because I don't fall for the wing-nut noise machine? Why isn't Dubya campaigning in contested states for Congress? Same reason some Congressional candidates don't want to appear with Kerry right now.
No, because you believe his excuse. Besides, Bush isn't bashing the troops...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2006, 12:43 AM
What Kerry said:

What Kerry ment to say:

See kids, blow a pun, be persecuted by the right.

For as much as you and croutons have ragged on Bush since before he even got into office about his comments and his 'inability' to put together a coherent sentence, it's pretty fucking ironic how you're trying to just blow this one off by Kerry.

Kerry obviously meant what he said. His response hasn't been to clarify what he meant to say, it's been to attack everyone criticizing him as not being worthy enough to criticize him because they didn't fight.

Wonder what he has to say about McCain :rolleyes. After all, McCain was a POW and stuck in the Hanoi Hilton while Kerry was back in D.C. calling the guy a rapist and a murderer...

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Well, considering his grades were slightly better than Kerry's at Yale and that Kerry couldn't even get into Harvard Business, I'd say that makes the "pun" even stranger. Now, you're telling me that he told the students he'd of probably fucked things up worse than Bush if he'd been elected in '04.

Blah, Kerry was the chosen DLC candidate, the last ever I hope. It's clear now that the Dean-backed DNC runs the Demo Party and we'll get candidates who have a chance and will have the full support of Demo constituents.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Blah, Kerry was the chosen DLC candidate, the last ever I hope. It's clear now that the Dean-backed DNC runs the Demo Party and we'll get candidates who have a chance and will have the full support of Demo constituents.
Hey, you're the one defending his remarks, not me. Now, you're bailing on his failed presidential bid?

Tell me, Dan; did you vote for Kerry before you voted against him?

LaMarcus Bryant
11-01-2006, 12:48 AM
meanwhile elitist snob republicans are non existent, right?

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 12:50 AM
meanwhile elitist snob republicans are non existent, right?
I don't hear any calling our troops uneducated morons that can't learn their way out of serving in Iraq.

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 12:57 AM

Yeah, according to the latest Polls (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15497989), the Demos have an almost Diebold-proof, record lead over their Republican Congressional counterparts. Another Republican in a formerly close contest, Rep. John Sweeney, is going to be accused of abusing his former spouse in a article in the NY Daily News tomarrow (http://timesunion.com/AspStories/storyprint.asp?StoryID=530664).

Perfect time for Kerry to do his part by underming the troops.

:rolleyes

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Another Republican in a formerly close contest, Rep. John Sweeney, is going to be accused of abusing his former spouse in a article in the NY Daily News tomarrow (http://timesunion.com/AspStories/storyprint.asp?StoryID=530664).
God forbid the Democrats actually run on some policy initiative.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 04:06 AM
As stupid as this remark was, I'm not sure it's bad enough to turn the tide again.

jochhejaam
11-01-2006, 06:13 AM

Link please.

p.s. You won't find one.

jochhejaam
11-01-2006, 06:28 AM
As stupid as this remark was, I'm not sure it's bad enough to turn the tide again.
Perhaps not, but the Dems don't fare well in voting from the military, that percentage of them that vote Dem just got smaller.
How many millions of voters have served in the military? Definitely could have an impact in tight races.

The Dems best course of action would be for Dean and those running for office to disassociate themselves from Kerry's remarks by harshly criticizing him and offering a respectful apology to those that have served in the Military.
I imagine they'll do just that.

Trying to fudge your way out of those imbecilic remarks (nbadan) would be the least effective course of action. Perhaps even counterproductive.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 06:45 AM
"some policy initiative."

The Repugs policy initiative: be super-scared, you are not safe.

(The same Repugs who did nothing as OBL hit the WTC, the same Repugs who started a phony war and put the US and the world at much greater terrorist risk)

jochhejaam
11-01-2006, 07:03 AM
"some policy initiative."

The Repugs policy initiative: be super-scared, you are not safe.

(The same Repugs who did nothing as OBL hit the WTC, the same Repugs who started a phony war and put the US and the world at much greater terrorist risk)
Finding fault with the Rep policy pretty much sums up the Dems initiative.

jochhejaam
11-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Let the distancing from Kerry begin!

Iowa candidate asks Kerry to cancel campaign visit

DES MOINES, Iowa A Democratic Congressional candidate from Iowa is canceling a campaign event later this week with Senator John Kerry.

Brucy Braley says Kerry's recent comments about the Iraq war were inappropriate.

Braley is running against Republican Mike Whalen in Iowa's First District congressional race. It's a contest considered to be one of the most competitive House races in the country.

Braley's decision to distance himself from Kerry came as a furor grew from comments Kerry made about the Iraq War during a campaign stop in California on Monday.

Kerry said if you make the most of your education, you "can do well." The Democrat went on to say that is you don't, (quote) "you get stuck in Iraq."

The remarks prompted sharp criticism from some Republicans, including President Bush and Arizona Senator John McCain.

Kerry refused to apologize.

http://www.eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5616595&nav=F2DO

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
It was a bad try at a bad joke with a bad punchline with a bad outcome but it was clearly aimed at the administration and not the members of our military.
I was glad to see Kerry defend his remarks and not want to put up with Rush who has never served or Cheney who has never served.
He should have had more back bone during his campaign.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
God forbid the Democrats actually run on some policy initiative.

God forbids Bush from doing the right thing.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Here's hopin' they won't. He epitomizes all we'd get with a Democratic Congress or administration.

Let's not let them forget this was their best and brightest for the 2004 Presidential election.

I'll take a proud vietnam vet over a man who had Daddy get him into the National Guard.
You all are pathetic. This is the kind of shit that pisses me off.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 08:23 AM

No, but he's taking cheap shots at Kerry, although Kerry gave him a great opening, to deflect from the real issues in Iraq.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 08:24 AM
And I know many who feel that joining the military is not the best direction to take in life. If it weren't that way many, many more members of congress would have children in the military.

101A
11-01-2006, 08:52 AM

He had a higher GPA at Yale than Kerry. So even if Kerry had gotten his quote "right", he would have slammed himself.

01Snake
11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I'll take a proud vietnam vet...

Riiight! :rolleyes

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll take a proud vietnam vet over a man who had Daddy get him into the National Guard.
You all are pathetic. This is the kind of shit that pisses me off.

Proud Vietnam vet :lol :lol :lol Go take a look at his career and comments regarding his career shortly after Vietnam. Oh, and note that he was dishonerably discharged until Jimmy Carter was President and granted him the honorable discharge.

Yeah, real proud.

George Gervin's Afro
11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
It pains me to see Kerry put his foot in his mouth yet again.. John, your time has passed be quiet and sit down. :stfu

elbamba
11-01-2006, 09:52 AM
No, but he's taking cheap shots at Kerry, although Kerry gave him a great opening, to deflect from the real issues in Iraq.

SO what are the real issues in Iraq? What is the Dem's gameplan other than saying that Bush has done a bad job, or Bush lied, or no WMDs? I don't think the Dems ever focused on the real issue or have suggested a legit plan.

I can't blame them, they were too busy focusing on Foley and the Speaker...the real issues of this election.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 10:05 AM
'What is the Dem's gameplan"

What is the Repugs' gameplan?

The Repugs are the ones in power, who will be in power until they cut-and-run in Jan 2009, who started the phony war.

The Dems' gameplan won't be put into action even if they win both houses.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Riiight! :rolleyes

Oh, but it is okay for you to question his patriotism? He served.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Proud Vietnam vet :lol :lol :lol Go take a look at his career and comments regarding his career shortly after Vietnam. Oh, and note that he was dishonerably discharged until Jimmy Carter was President and granted him the honorable discharge.

Yeah, real proud.

He served and that is a fact that CANNOT be denied. Thanks for bashing a vietnam veteran. Yeah, you should be real proud. :rolleyes

Spurminator
11-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Happy Election Month, everyone!

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
SO what are the real issues in Iraq? What is the Dem's gameplan other than saying that Bush has done a bad job, or Bush lied, or no WMDs? I don't think the Dems ever focused on the real issue or have suggested a legit plan.

I can't blame them, they were too busy focusing on Foley and the Speaker...the real issues of this election.

Yeah, like the republicans were focusing on a blowjob? Works both ways.

Fact is the current plan in Iraq is not working and it has taken Bush years to finally admit it. He is now asking for timelines from the Iraq government which democrats have been asking for.
Cheesewiz it is amazing how much partisan bullshit can blind people.
Yes, including myself.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Happy Election Month, everyone!

I concur.

xrayzebra
11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Joe, you are wrong as two left feet. Kerry was there for about 60 days, got
wounded about four times, once it even required a band aid. I am a veteran and
I would tell him to his face he is a farce. He called all the rest of his baby killers
and every other vile name he could think of as well as make so many false accusations
this it would fill a small book. He is what he is a cheat and liar and proven himself to
be one. He has a superior attitude as shown in the manner he talks and dresses.
With his dark blazer and brass buttons and talks down to everyone not in his
class.

Spurminator
11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
At this point the Democrats don't need a gameplan other than "different from the current one".

Though they could help themselves by trying to keep some of their figureheads from talking... like, ever.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
He served and that is a fact that CANNOT be denied. Thanks for bashing a vietnam veteran. Yeah, you should be real proud. :rolleyes

My father served in Vietnam, I wasn't bashing Vietnam Vets, I was bashing a single Vietnam vet for selling out the soldiers he was in command of, exaggerating injury's sustained on the battle field, and then further bashing our current soldiers. Don't ever fucking tell me I'm bashing Vietnam Vets again, just the pieces of shit that returned home only to bash the very people that were putting their lives on the line so his sorry ass could have a lucrative career as a Senator. Go fuck yourself.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
I would tell him to his face he is a farce. He called all the rest of his baby killers
and every other vile name he could think of as well as make so many false accusations
this it would fill a small book. He is what he is a cheat and liar and proven himself to
class.

Thank you

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh, but it is okay for you to question his patriotism? He served.

What is it that you've done for your country lately?

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:00 AM
class.

Well, I would never say that to a veteran since I wasn't there and you may your view from the stuff you've read against Kerry and I honestly don't fee that you'd ever give Kerry the benefit of the doubt simply because he is a Democrat and you despise him for that fact alone.
And I understand since I could easily say that Bush is a lying, cocaine snorting, DUI driving, Vietnam service dodging, booze drinking guy but I won't go there. I respect all veterans for their service. And 60 days is 60 days longer than Bush. Wouldn't you agree?

clambake
11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Can you fucking believe the ignorance from people that are supposed to be working for us? What can we do for our country?

It's time we stormed our Bastille.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
My father served in Vietnam, I wasn't bashing Vietnam Vets, I was bashing a single Vietnam vet for selling out the soldiers he was in command of, exaggerating injury's sustained on the battle field, and then further bashing our current soldiers. Don't ever fucking tell me I'm bashing Vietnam Vets again, just the pieces of shit that returned home only to bash the very people that were putting their lives on the line so his sorry ass could have a lucrative career as a Senator. Go fuck yourself.

Well Kerry wasn't bashing every person in the military either. So go Fuck yourself too. And don't forget that many were putting their lives on the lines while Bush and Cheney enjoyed their pansy ass lives too.
Fuck off! :flipoff

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
What is it that you've done for your country lately?

I'm retired Marine Corps and volunteer for elections, also volunteer during the holidays at Christmas under the Bridge and the Jimenez dinner. I also send care packages to our men and women in the military and had some over for Thanksgiving dinner last year.

What about you?

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
As our beloved Commander in Chief says.."Bring it on!!"

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!1

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I can't believe the Demorats are supporting Kerry again...the worst Presidential candidate in history.

Some people never learn.

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Simple ways Democrats could win the next election...

Distance yourselves as far from John Kerry as humanly possible...
Tell Michael Moore to stop supporting Wesley Clark and go back to supporting Kerry.

Throw them both under the bus.

Select Wesley Clark as your candidate.

Simple strategy...Democrats regain control of the whitehouse...

I get the guy most likely to drop a nuke on our enemies in the whitehouse...

End of problem.

But nooooooooooooo...instead they gonna put the traitor at the forefront of their party again...one who has even less charisma andf likeability than Bush.

Stay with Kerry...maybe this time you can even get Jane Fonda on the ticket as VP.

Idiots.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
I can't believe the Demorats are supporting Kerry again...the worst Presidential candidate in history.

Some people never learn.

That is just your opinion and cannot be proven to be factually correct.

I still can't believe republicans still defend Bush, DeLay, Hastert... :lmao

Idiots!!

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:14 AM
That is just your opinion and cannot be proven to be factually correct.

I still can't believe republicans still defend Bush, DeLay, Hastert... :lmao

It doesn't matter what you believe...you are the out of power party.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I can still party with all the power I need!!
And the hunger for Power is what will be the downfall of the republicans.

I need a margarata damnit!!

George Gervin's Afro
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I took a History of Vetnam class my senior year in college and my view of the war changed on the first day. We had a gentleman who knew our professor through the work he had done at the VA hospital sit in our class. Our professor invited him to audit this class he was preparing on the war and wanted John ( the vet)to offer some insight as to how things were on the ground. We were going to talk about certain battles throughtout the year that John participated in so he was there to add the nsight and perspective of these days. John served 3 tours and suffered from the most severe type ( I think there are 3 levels) of post traumatic stress disorder and that is why he lived at the VA hosptial.

John was aksed why he served 3 tours. His repsonse? He was tired of seeing all of the new guys get killed.

He also mentioned that he did things that he was not proud of but war brings out un-natural and animalistic survival tendancies in human beings. His guys were getting picked off from certain villages and since the villagers did not tell them who killed thier buddies they all died. He along with other soldiers ended up killing innocent villagers because they he didn't know who was shooting at him. He simply stated it was a matter of survival. It was them or us. He told us that these images stayed with him forever and he never stops thinking about them. He was not proud of what he did and saw others do but he justifies it by trying to survive hell.

We went on the watch the HBO special "Letters from Vietnam" on our first day. The show had been on maybe 10 minutes and then it happened. John, who was sitting in the front of the class, got up and made a shooting gesture with a very unsettling sound.. he then dove face first on to the floor.. As I walked past the poor guy as we all exited the classroom I remember his blues eys staring at the ceiling.. he was bleeding from his forhead but he just stared....

Some of our soldeirs did bad, horrific things but I believe the the overwhelming majority compromised their humanity in order to simply survive.

George Gervin's Afro
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Simple ways Democrats could win the next election...

Distance yourselves as far from John Kerry as humanly possible...
Tell Michael Moore to stop supporting Wesley Clark and go back to supporting Kerry.

Throw them both under the bus.

Select Wesley Clark as your candidate.

Simple strategy...Democrats regain control of the whitehouse...

I get the guy most likely to drop a nuke on our enemies in the whitehouse...

End of problem.

But nooooooooooooo...instead they gonna put the traitor at the forefront of their party again...one who has even less charisma andf likeability than Bush.

Stay with Kerry...maybe this time you can even get Jane Fonda on the ticket as VP.

Idiots.

I agree with Whott

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Even if Kerry wasn't a traitor, had a discernible platform other than trying to figure out how to represent the 6 billion, diametrically opposed special interest groups and political views he is so transparently trying to court, wasn't obvious Silver Spoon, and did't look like the bastard child of Gomer Pyle and Mr Ed...

He still wouldn't win...because nobody wants to look at that obnoxious, alcoholic, Ketchup guzzling pig of a wife of his for the next 4 years.

clambake
11-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Whottt still suggesting that we nuke our enemies.

I think you need one of those cute white jackets, you know, with the arms that tie in the back.

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree with Whott

Thanks you...all I been sayin' for 4 years.

If it makes you feel any better...I'm pro choice, pro stem cell research and concerned about the environment...no shit.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Whott, that Laura, The Joker, Bush is a real hottie. And WTF bases their vote on the wife of a candidate? If that is the case Condi will never be elected for an office.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:22 AM
And Bush didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth? :lmao

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, Whott, that Laura, The Joker, Bush is a real hottie.

You'd do Teresa Heinz Kerry before Laura Bush?

Personal preference...I'd rather do the Joker than livestock.

And WTF bases their vote on the wife of a candidate?

You'd be surprised what people base their vote on....charisma more than anything else...both of the Pres and the first lady...I mean let's face it...the only reason Bush I got elected was because Dukaka was his opponent....

If that is the case Condi will never be elected for an office.

We're talking the President..

And she won't be, and neither will Hilary...

Unless they are fortunate enough to be running against Kerry.

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
And Bush didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth? :lmao

Keep doing comparisons...

I got a comparison for you...

Bush has a big white house....

Does Kerry?

Compare that.

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
He served and that is a fact that CANNOT be denied.

So did Benedict Arnold...not only did he serve, but he lead, quite well in fact.

And he'd get elected before Kerry too.

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Unless the Republicans trot Rush Limbaugh out there Kerry isn't winning shit.

Notice

Carter Democrat
Reagan Rebpublican
Bush Republican
Clinton Democrat
Gore Democrat
Bush Republican

Why does that happen?

You think everyone just changes parties at the drop of a hat?

Or more likely, where the Presidency is concerned...the deciding votes are those that do not elect a President based on party affiliation?

This may come a surprise to you and NBAdan, and boutons...

But not every one is going to vote for someone based on the label they have given themselves,...only the extremists do that:

Yonivore..
NBAdan(and NBAdan only votes Democrat because the communist party doesn't have a foothold in the states)...

That's the way it is...

You guys still don't get it...Bush being elected wasn't an endorsement of Bush...it was a rejection of Kerry, and the visible figureheads and speaking points of the Democratic Party...

It took a huge fuck up to lose the last election...

You guys turned a guy who couldn't win the popular vote into a two termer(for the first time ever) and a majority winner on top of it...

Again I say...it's not that we liekd Bush...it's that we didn't like the traitor.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Kerry testifying against the disastrous VN war == Benedict Arnold's treason?

Whott, you're a fucking joke.

dubya and dickhead taking multiple educational deferments to avoid VN service and/or going AWOL from Air National Guard is patriotic?

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Keep doing comparisons...

I got a comparison for you...

Bush has a big white house....

Does Kerry?

Compare that.

You got me there. But Kerry has rich bitch for a wife and all Bush got was the Joker.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
You'd do Teresa Heinz Kerry before Laura Bush?

Personal preference...I'd rather do the Joker than livestock.

You'd be surprised what people base their vote on....charisma more than anything else...both of the Pres and the first lady...I mean let's face it...the only reason Bush I got elected was because Dukaka was his opponent....

We're talking the President..

And she won't be, and neither will Hilary...

Unless they are fortunate enough to be running against Kerry.

Damnit Whottt you are getting so far up my nose I'm beginning to feel your boots on my chin!! :cuss

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 11:57 AM
I just feel like talking smack today.

Crookshanks
11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
The bottom line is this - it doesn't matter what Bush or Cheney have or haven't done or said - it's specifically what John Kerry said. He and the dinosaur media can put any spin on it they want, but people heard what he said and an overwhelming majority of military people were highly offended.

Kerry could have ended this if he'd have just apologized, regardless of what he "meant" to say. Instead, he's such an elitist snob that he's refusing to apologize and instead attacking all those who dare to criticize him. And just think, a few thousand votes going the other way in Ohio and this guy would've been our Commander in Chief (I shudder at the thought!)

We'll see next Tuesday if John Kerry's foot in mouth disease infected the rest of the democrats.

George Gervin's Afro
11-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Unless the Republicans trot Rush Limbaugh out there Kerry isn't winning shit.

Notice

Carter Democrat
Reagan Rebpublican
Bush Republican
Clinton Democrat
Gore Democrat
Bush Republican

Why does that happen?

You think everyone just changes parties at the drop of a hat?

Or more likely, where the Presidency is concerned...the deciding votes are those that do not elect a President based on party affiliation?

This may come a surprise to you and NBAdan, and boutons...

But not every one is going to vote for someone based on the label they have given themselves,...only the extremists do that:

Yonivore..
NBAdan(and NBAdan only votes Democrat because the communist party doesn't have a foothold in the states)...

That's the way it is...

You guys still don't get it...Bush being elected wasn't an endorsement of Bush...it was a rejection of Kerry, and the visible figureheads and speaking points of the Democratic Party...

It took a huge fuck up to lose the last election...

You guys turned a guy who couldn't win the popular vote into a two termer(for the first time ever) and a majority winner on top of it...

Again I say...it's not that we liekd Bush...it's that we didn't like the traitor.

Bush was mean't to be had in 2004.. and we blew it

whottt
11-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Wellsaid Crook...

EG:

Wesley Clark was actually in favor of the invasion of Iraq...he was more pissed that he wasn't given a role and sought out by the Republican Party than he was a Democrat...

He decided to make his previously undeclared affiliation Democrat and oppose the Bush admin basically in retaliation...

All this is neither here nor there though...

If Wesley Clark runs he won't get swiftboated...guranteed.

Because he doesn't have a history of portraying his country as the bad guy in a time of war, and he doesn't seem to be more concerned with how far he can his toungue up Jaque Chirac and Kofe Annan's asses than protecting his country...

So he can change course and say he was opposed to the war when in fact he wasn't...he can be critical of the current admin...

Why can he do this while guys like John Kerry cannot?

Because his track record and service speak for themselves...as does the look on his face, and the esteem with which he holds this country(he puts it first) shows through...

Personally I am glad he didn't have a previously declared affiliation..

It allows him to be a Conservative on foreign policiy without being shoehorned into the stupider tenets of the Republican Party(anti-abortion, stemcell etc).

But what's going to be funny is that when Clark gets the Democratic nomination...

Just know you guys are putting THE fucking WARHAWK on your ticket...who will not back down to anyone, not the UN, not Russia...not anyone. HE's even less of a diplomat than Bush...he just happens to be a hell of a lot more intelligent(than Kerry too for that matter).

IceColdBrewski
11-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Wow. The Kerry ball washers are out in full force today trying to cover up for him. :lol

Looks like Kerry has decided to go into a "self-imposed campaign exile."

Translation: He's scurrying off like the dog he is so that he can hide under the porch for a while. :lol

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226584,00.html

xrayzebra
11-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, I would never say that to a veteran since I wasn't there and you may your view from the stuff you've read against Kerry and I honestly don't fee that you'd ever give Kerry the benefit of the doubt simply because he is a Democrat and you despise him for that fact alone.
And I understand since I could easily say that Bush is a lying, cocaine snorting, DUI driving, Vietnam service dodging, booze drinking guy but I won't go there. I respect all veterans for their service. And 60 days is 60 days longer than Bush. Wouldn't you agree?

Have you ever read and heard what he said before a congressional
committee during the VN war? If not suggest that you do. Then tell
me what a great American Veteran he is.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Kerry fucked up bad, he and everybody knows it.

"it doesn't matter what Bush or Cheney have or haven't done or said"

Right, "it doesn't matter"

that dubya and dickhead have the blood on their hands of 3000+ wasted US military lives in Iraq,

and $1T poured into the Iraqi sands,

and did nothing to prevent the WTC attack while attack warning had been screaming "attack" for months.

Nope, "it just doesn't matter" to people of ignorant, misinformed "beliefs".

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Have you ever read and heard what he said before a congressional
committee during the VN war? If not suggest that you do. Then tell
me what a great American Veteran he is.

Yes, I've it read it all and that doesn't change my opinion of him. And it is my opinion just the same as it is your opinion.
Just like you will defend Bush even knowing what you know now.
Get it?

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Kerry fucked up by trying to be a comedian when he isn't one. But I agree that he should have just apologized and moved on but I also gotta him credit for having the balls that he didn't have during his presidential campaign.
Bush, Cheney, George Allen, Biden, Clinton and many others have all been caught saying something stupid and offensive.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Kerry fucked up by trying to be a comedian when he isn't one. But I agree that he should have just apologized and moved on but I also gotta him credit for having the balls that he didn't have during his presidential campaign.

Bush, Cheney, George Allen, Biden, Clinton and many others have all been caught saying something stupid and offensive.

http://www.drudgereport.com/irak.jpg
You know, Joe, if he didn't have the history of the Winter Soldier hearings, chunking someone else's medals over the White House fence, and, most recently (in February), calling our troops terrorists, it might could have been spun as being a joke.

But, alas, Kerry has a long and sordid history of bashing the U. S. Military...not to mention a voting record to back up that dislike of our armed services.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 01:22 PM
You know, Joe, if he didn't have the history of the Winter Soldier hearings, chunking someone else's medals over the White House fence, and, most recently (in February), calling our troops terrorists, it might could have been spun as being a joke.

But, alas, Kerry has a long and sordid history of bashing the U. S. Military...not to mention a voting record to back up that dislike of our armed services.

It is my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. Nice try though.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 01:28 PM
It is my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. Nice try though.
Yeah, will It's my opinion that your opinion is not shared by many people outside the Kos crowd and DemocraticUnderground types.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 01:32 PM
If this is the best hope of the Republicans going into this election, the Democrats have already won.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, will It's my opinion that your opinion is not shared by many people outside the Kos crowd and DemocraticUnderground types.

And you totally within your right to have that opinion. I've never really given a shit if my opinion is shared by others or not. That is why it is MY opinon.
It is my opinion that your opinion is not shared by many people outside the drudgereport and the RepublicanUnderground types.

I can take it. It isn't like I haven't been pwned before on the net.
Bring it on!!!

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
If this is the best hope of the Republicans going into this election, the Democrats have already won.Yup.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Yup.
Not at all.

We still have the Democratic platform of:

Impeaching Bush!
Cutting and Running from Iraq!
Raising Taxes!
etc...

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
And you totally within your right to have that opinion. I've never really given a shit if my opinion is shared by others or not. That is why it is MY opinon.
It is my opinion that your opinion is not shared by many people outside the drudgereport and the RepublicanUnderground types.

I can take it. It isn't like I haven't been pwned before on the net.
Bring it on!!!
You're right, we all reserve the right to be wrong...and, stubborn about it. Just like John Kerry.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Not at all.

Impeaching Bush!
Raising Taxes!
etc...2 years of a congress that actually performs oversight on an administration will get something done. Hell, this congress got pretty much nothing done, so it can't be any worse.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
2 years of a congress that actually performs oversight on an administration will get something done. Hell, this congress got pretty much nothing done, so it can't be any worse.

2 years of congress that actually performs oversight on an administration will get NOTHING done. Just like they've always done. So you're right, it can't be any worse, but it won't really be any better either. In my opinion.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
2 years of a congress that actually performs oversight on an administration will get something done. Hell, this congress got pretty much nothing done, so it can't be any worse.
Oh yes it can. As much as the Republicans spent like drunken sailors, the Democrats are spendaholics.

Then, Let's see about that "getting something done" thing...

Pulled us out of a recession, survived the economic devastation of 9-11, ushered in a booming economy and, then, there's the military victory after military victory; Yeah, I'm sure the Democrats can top that with their cut-and-run and tax raising strategy.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Not at all.

Impeaching Bush!
Raising Taxes!
etc...I have yet to see any coherent national platform from the Democrats. That's why the Republicans are so fucked -- voters prefer nothing over what they currently have. That's how badly they have governed.

clambake
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
post 132: pure fantasy.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
"Pulled us out of a recession"

economy runs in cycles. If you want to credit dubya for doing anything postivie economically in 6 years, you must admit that Clinton's economic successes were fantastically better.

"survived the economic devastation of 9-11'

Compared to the size of the US economy, the WTC hit had very little impact. Even the phony Iraq war burning through $80B/year, financed by borrowing from the Chinese, has had little effect on the economy.

"ushered in a booming economy"

... which booms only for the corps and the super-rich, not for the lower 90%.

"then, there's the military victory after military victory;"

Yes, just like "we never lost a battle in VN" meant we didn't lose VN war.

In spite of the hard, successful work by military, dubya/dickhead/rummy are losing both Afghanistan and Iraq wars.

Fucking amazing, AND HILARIOUS, how you rats defend your dubya ship as it sinks beneaths the waves. Go down with the ship, rats, you won't be missed.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh yes it can. As much as the Republicans spent like drunken sailors, the Democrats are spendaholics.

Pulled us out of a recession, survived the economic devastation of 9-11, ushered in a booming economy and, then, there's the military victory after military victory; Yeah, I'm sure the Democrats can top that with their cut-and-run and tax raising strategy.Lesson #1 in how Congress works Yoni. They need presidential approval or a resounding majority to pass something, neither of which they will have. So yeah, tell me how they are going to raise taxes and spend money out the ying yang. Go for it.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 02:00 PM
:lmao @ pulled us out of a recession. Thats rich.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
This is why I avoid posting with Yoni. He lives in a fantasy world. You go around in circles with him, but its pointless because he has such a skewed perspective on things.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Remember the "Bush on Rushmore" hallucination? I wonder which blog he got that from.

George Gervin's Afro
11-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Pulled us out of a recession, survived the economic devastation of 9-11, ushered in a booming economy and, then, there's the military victory after military victory; Yeah, I'm sure the Democrats can top that with their cut-and-run and tax raising strategy.

Considering the President is the head of our military and is resposnisble for foreign policy how exactly could the Democrats in Congress cut and run?

boutons_
11-01-2006, 02:06 PM
YV and Whott have become ridiculously easy to demolish.

It's hardly any fun or challenge anymore, like shooting Aggies in barrel. :lol

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 02:16 PM
...tell me how they are going to raise taxes...
They will fail to renew the President's tax cuts or make them permanent, thus; allowing them to sunset and raising taxes in the process.

...and spend money out the ying yang.
Can you spell e-a-r-m-a-r-k-s in the absence of a line item veto?

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
:lmao @ pulled us out of a recession. Thats rich.

The Recession of 2001 (http://www.incontext.indiana.edu/2002/nov-dec02/spotlight.html)

http://www.incontext.indiana.edu/2002/nov-dec02/images/recession_fig1.gif

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Can you spell e-a-r-m-a-r-k-s in the absence of a line item veto?Why can't Bush just veto the whole bill then? If cutting spending is that important to him -- he's proven that year after year, hasn't he?

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Why can't Bush just veto the whole bill then? If cutting spending is that important to him -- he's proven that year after year, hasn't he?
You're obviously not as clever as your political gods.

The Democrats realize some things are more important to this President than cutting spending. The Global War on Terror. You can expect them to amend and earmark every military spending or authorization bill for the next two years if they take the majority.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
You're obviously not as clever as your political gods.Fuck you. I have no political gods and I suck no politician's cock the way you have Bushy.
The Democrats realize some things are more important to this President than cutting spending. The Global War on Terror. You can expect them to amend and earmark every military spending or authorization bill for the next two years if they take the majority.Then I expect the President to veto the bill and send them back to the drawing board. I didn't the recipient of your oral pleasuring was such a coward -- but it all makes sense now.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Fuck you. I have no political gods and I suck no politician's cock the way you have Bushy.
A little touchy there Chumpy. Hit a nerve?

Then I expect the President to veto the bill and send them back to the drawing board.
Yeah, two years of our troops languishing because we have a Congress that would rather fatten their districts than pass necessary legislation. You'd love that.

Like I said, they know the President's weakness is military spending and they will be pouring pork into amendements in those bills.

I didn't the recipient of your oral pleasuring was such a coward -- but it all makes sense now.
That's not cowardice, it compromising for a greater good. You don't veto a funding cut to your military -- during a war, no less. That'd be stupid.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
For Crooky, two robins make a springtime!

Where is the evidence that college grads, probably in education debt for 10's of $Ks, are turning down or leaving jobs of $40K/year, or more, to enlist to fight in Iraq? Crooky came up with 2. Any more than that? can we see 3 or 4 ? :lol

The Army is scraping the bottom of the barrel and lowering standards to find enough warm bodies for dubya's bullshit, unwinnable wars.

The rank'n'file of the military is simply not where America's 99% best and brightest intend to spend ANY time.

As for Iraq quagmire, same was true in VN quagmire. Those who got educational deferments like dickhead or hid in the National Guard like dubya, took them, while those who couldn't, mostly uneducated, unemployed, rural, "poor white trash", and blacks got forcibly conscripted.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
A little touchy there Chumpy. Hit a nerve?Yeah, the "Yoni is a bitch liar" nerve.
Yeah, two years of our troops languishing because we have a Congress that would rather fatten their districts than pass necessary legislation. You'd love that.Since when would it take two years? Call a special session and tell the Congress and press exactly why you are doing what you are doing.
Like I said, they know the President's weakness is military spending and they will be pouring pork into amendements in those bills.Has he vetoed ANY spending bill in his Presidency? Ever? The record shows SPENDING is his weakness.
That's not cowardice, it compromising for a greater good.That's knuckling under to Democrats. That you would agree to that is no surprise, I'm just surprised you admitted to it so early on.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the "Yoni is a bitch liar" nerve.Since when would it take two years? Call a special session and tell the Congress and press exactly why you are doing what you are doing.Has he vetoed ANY spending bill in his Presidency? Ever? The record shows SPENDING is his weakness.That's knuckling under to Democrats. That you would agree to that is no surprise, I'm just surprised you admitted to it so early on.

Chump, you seem to be arguing that congress will not be able to accomplish their goals if Democrats get the majority...............why are you even arguing this? Is this like before you go golfing that right off the bat you say your hamstring feels funny so that you'll have an excuse why you played badly before the round even starts?

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the "Yoni is a bitch liar" nerve.
Wow! You have one of those. Impressive.

Since when would it take two years? Call a special session and tell the Congress and press exactly why you are doing what you are doing.
Better yet, just don't vote the obstructionist spendaholics into office. That's my plan.

Has he vetoed ANY spending bill in his Presidency? Ever? The record shows SPENDING is his weakness.
No, the record shows it is this Congress' weakness but, one that is shared, in spades, by the Democrats.

That's knuckling under to Democrats. That you would agree to that is no surprise, I'm just surprised you admitted to it so early on.
He's not going to play politics with our military. And, that's the first thing the Democrats will do. What was that Rangel said...

Oh yeah, "the President will still be in charge of foreign policy but, he has to pay for it, doesn't he?"

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Chump, you seem to be arguing that congress will not be able to accomplish their goals if Democrats get the majority...............why are you even arguing this? Depends on what their goals are. The President can keep Congress from "accomplishing their goals" if he wants to.
Is this like before you go golfing that right off the bat you say your hamstring feels funny so that you'll have an excuse why you played badly before the round even starts?It's like saying Jeff Gillooly is following me around the course with a metal baton and can hit me in the knee at any time if he doesn't like how I'm playing.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:47 PM
It's like saying Jeff Gillooly is following me around the course with a metal baton and can hit me in the knee at any time if he doesn't like how I'm playing.

:lol :lol

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
"Depends on what their goals are. The President can keep Congress from "accomplishing their goals" if he wants to."

But in order to do this he'd have to compromise on his beliefs..........which is something you and I and everyone on this forum absolutely know for a fact, Bush will not do.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Better yet, just don't vote the obstructionist spendaholics into office. That's my plan.And after that fails?
No, the record shows it is this Congress' weakness but, one that is shared, in spades, by the Democrats.Prove to me Bush is against that kind of spending.
He's not going to play politics with our military. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 02:52 PM
But in order to do this he'd have to compromise on his beliefs..........which is something you and I and everyone on this forum absolutely know for a fact, Bush will not do.He won't have a choice but to make some compromises. Whether he ever vetos a bill depends on how strongly he feels about whatever issues are raised by the bill. The simple fact is he doesn't care that much about cutting spending at all or else we would've seen some evidence of it in six years.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:55 PM
He won't have a choice but to make some compromises. Whether he ever vetos a bill depends on how strongly he feels about whatever issues are raised by the bill. The simple fact is he doesn't care that much about cutting spending at all or else we would've seen some evidence of it in six years.

I see it differently in that I don't think he will make any compromises. And for that matter, how do you make a compromise without a line item veto as well as two party's just trying to undermine the other? Bush will not waiver on military spending, he never has, he never will.......that's the one thing I do respect about that guy, he's pretty solid in his convictions..........just so happens that a lot of times, those convictions are nonsense.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 02:56 PM
And after that fails?
We'll see...

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I'll admit that I've been pwned in this thread.
Kerry needs to apologize and his political ambitions for the office of the President are toast.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Apparently some Democrats didn't get the "joke" or the memo, and agree with the proposition that Iraq is for the stupid.

The Democrat Daily (http://blog.thedemocraticdaily.com/?p=4598)

Talk about speaking the stark truth to students who want more out of life. The education system in California is a mess, especially in L.A. County. Each day I pick my daughter up at school I see the recruiters leaving, smiling because they have snagged another kid who’s trapped by the system and sees no future other than enlisting. It shouldn’t be like this. A 50% drop out rate is unacceptable. What is the bottom line for these kids, a job at McDonald’s or Iraq. Kudos to Kerry for delivering a wake up call to the young voters at the rally.
That takes me back to Kerry's defense that it is inconceivable he would say anything like this deliberately.

Isn't that claim -- of "inconceivability" -- undermined by the fact that many of his political supporters believe in the precise truth of the "inconceivable"? Not to mention his history of bashing troops while still under fire in foreign lands.

xrayzebra
11-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes, I've it read it all and that doesn't change my opinion of him. And it is my opinion just the same as it is your opinion.
Just like you will defend Bush even knowing what you know now.
Get it?

And you claim to be a retired Marine. So much for supporting those that
fought for their country. And JF Kerry, the wounded Viet Nam veteran.
I suppose the Marine Corps taught you how to kill the innocent.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 04:41 PM
-- Sen. John Kerry issues a statement saying: "I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended" by comments he made about being "stuck in Iraq."

Too late?

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 04:43 PM
And you claim to be a retired Marine. So much for supporting those that
fought for their country. And JF Kerry, the wounded Viet Nam veteran.
I suppose the Marine Corps taught you how to kill the innocent.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. A Marine's job is to kill. Semper Fi!!

And where did I ever say I don't suppor the men and women in our Military? Where damnit!! :cuss I still keep in touch with my Marine brothers to this very day and that will not change and some are diehard republicans but that NEVER comes between us..NEVER!!

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 05:13 PM
-- Sen. John Kerry issues a statement saying: "I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended" by comments he made about being "stuck in Iraq."

Too late?
First, that's not exactly what he said. It was more of an "I apologize for being misinterpreted" apology. Second, yeah, good enough for me. I think he's done all the damage he can and besides, it would have only meant something if he'd of apologized about, oh, 24 hours ago.

As the White House has already stated...he's apologized, what more is to be said?

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Once a Marine, always a Marine.
I think Representative Murtha has just about rubbed the felt off that old saying.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
I think Representative Murtha has just about rubbed the felt off that old saying.

No he hasn't. I'd follow him into battle any day of the week.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Wouldn't he have to be leading you into battle for you to be following? The only place it appears you'd be following Murtha is in retreat. Some fuckin' Marine he's turned out to be.

Hell, he wants to redeploy everyone to Okinawa -- which, by the way, is a hell of a lot further away from the action than Germany which has the logistics and resources to support a few hundred thousand men.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Okay, so riddle me this, Joe.

You've got Murtha standing to your left and Oliver North standing to your right; One is boarding a plane for Okinawa and the other for Baghdad.

Who do you follow?

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay, so riddle me this, Joe.

You've got Murtha standing to your left and Oliver North standing to your right; One is boarding a plane for Okinawa and the other for Baghdad.

Who do you follow?

Which ever is in my commanding officer.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Oliver North is one crazy motherfucker. YV and Whott need get their platoon under Ollie wiped out stupdly, would help upgrade the gene pool.

jochhejaam
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM
It was more of an "I apologize for being misinterpreted" apology. Second, yeah, good enough for me. I think he's done all the damage he can and besides, it would have only meant something if he'd of apologized about, oh, 24 hours ago.
And let us not forget, the apology came well after he boldly proclaimed, "I apologize to no one"!
He's absolutely believable...

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Damn flip-flopper! :cuss

JoeChalupa
11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
He was against apologizing before he was for it.

Yonivore
11-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Which ever is in my commanding officer.
I see...

IceColdBrewski
11-01-2006, 08:02 PM

Too late?

Now that his own party is giving him grief about the comments, that apology comes out looking like a pouty child who's been told to say he's sorry. :lol

bendmz
11-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Once a Marine, always a Marine. A Marine's job is to kill. Semper Fi!!

And where did I ever say I don't suppor the men and women in our Military? Where damnit!! :cuss I still keep in touch with my Marine brothers to this very day and that will not change and some are diehard republicans but that NEVER comes between us..NEVER!!

:makemyday :makemyday
SEMPER FI .........

xrayzebra
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM

All I can tell you is duck, you may be the only one up front.
You might find he has cut and run.....

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I'll take a proud vietnam vet

Um, since when did 'proud' Vietnam vets throw their medals over the fence at the WH and call their fellow troops murderers and rapist?

Nbadan
11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Oliver North is one crazy motherfucker. YV and Whott need get their platoon under Ollie wiped out stupdly, would help upgrade the gene pool.

Not seeing much of Ollie on FAUX News lately, hummm...I wonder why?

Nbadan
11-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Dubya's transcript from Yale. (http://www.iuptown.com/YaleProtest/bushs_yale_transcript.htm) Not much Math or Science, but lots of History and he still averaged Cs.

Nbadan
11-02-2006, 01:14 AM

AFE7FATMAN
11-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Dear Senator Kerry,

We have not yet met, but I feel moved now to write you, in view of the latest assault on your honor, and the cruel blows being dealt you by fate.

Your life has been hell since the last election, when those hanging chads in Ohio tricked all those people into voting for Buchanan, or Nader; and the fact that you lost the rest of the country by 3 million votes proved that the fraud had been everywhere.

And before that were those baseless attacks by those 200-some veterans, paid off by Karl Rove in l970, on the chance that 34 years later he'd be running George W. Bush for president and needed to soften you up.

Everyone knows they had no case whatsoever (beyond the fact you were calling them rapists and killers), just as everyone knows how tasteless it is to mock your lifestyle.

Everyone knows how hard you work for your money, how much you deserve it, and how hard to must be to find not one, but two women with quite so much dough. (If you were only a woman, people would see your story as the fairy tale it is.)

Even worse, it is mean, false, and mendacious to say that you were trying to call our brave men in Iraq and in uniform mentally challenged, when it was clear as day that you meant this to apply to the president, who ran rings around you when you last met in electoral combat; and whose
grades in college were higher than yours.

With this in mind, it's no surprise you went postal. Who in your position wouldn't have? Anyone would have called the president's spokesman "pathetic" and referred to the "right-wing nut-jobs," as you did in the formal statement you put out to the press.

What was especially moving was this emotional note in your statement: "I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq."

How right you are to realize that attacking a disabled person or one who has suffered a serious illness is the worst thing that can be done by a civilized person,
so dire that, of course, you feel free to insult Rush Limbaugh, a radio performer who has carried on uncomplainingly in spite of his deafness, and Tony Snow, who has recently suffered a bout with serious cancer.

I am deeply moved, too, by the following statement, obviously regarding the wartime service of President Bush in the Texas Air National Guard: "It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country, lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have."

Well said, as the only ones permitted to lie and distort about anything are valiant warriors such as Howard Dean and Bill Clinton, whose heroic exploits at Oxford and on the ski slopes of Aspen we all remember so well.

The only thing that consoles me in light of your troubles is that you are never without consolations, such as an $8,000 bike, or a $l00,000 motorboat, or a Lear jet, or the five mansions owned by your wife.

Get away to one of them, or all of them, and go skiing; or sailing; and feel the wind in your face, or your hair.

Speaking of hair, go to Christophe, and get a new rinse or hairdo; this always makes me feel better. Get a manicure, or a facial, or a fresh shot of Botox. Before it gets cold, go windsurfing off of your place in Nantucket. Those flowered shorts sure were cute.

"Life is unfair," as the first JFK put it, and nothing is less fair than the fact that the war-hero gambit worked for him but not for you.

Of course, JFK didn't come home and call his old buddies war criminals. And none of the people who knew, or knew of, him ever called him a pompous and self-seeking blowhard who was making things up.

Nonetheless, I want to congratulate you again for standing up to those decorated war veterans, deaf men, and cancer survivors who so meanly attacked you, and please keep on doing it.

Keep on talking, just as you have, up to and right through November 7, or at least until the polls close in most districts. Come to think of it, don't stop even then.

A letter to Senator Kerry.
by Noemie Emery

jochhejaam
11-02-2006, 06:24 AM
I listen to his comments over and over and I can't tell where the joke was about Bush. he absolutley said what a lot of guys believed in the 60's.............go to college and get a deferrment and avoid the war...............simple as that.....the fact that the dems are trying to spin it any other way is insulting and just plain lying.
Allow me to assist you on this one Buck. The joke begins when Kerry speaks, and it ends when he's silent.

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2006, 07:59 AM
You're right, we all reserve the right to be wrong...and, stubborn about it. Just like John Kerry.

Don't forget the unecesssary wartime president... who is wrong!

boutons_
11-02-2006, 08:07 AM
'a radio performer who has carried on uncomplainingly in spite of his deafness, and Tony Snow, who has recently suffered a bout with serious cancer."

Did Kerry ridicule fat-shit's deafness or snow-job's cancer?

Did fat-shit attack MJF's pro-stem-cell stand? (which was THE real issue being pandered to for 10M ignorant dumbfucks that listen to fat-shit)

JoeChalupa
11-02-2006, 11:51 AM
I think if Kerry screwed up the english language as much as Bush does this wouldn't have been such a big issue.

Crookshanks
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
You guys are clueless. John Kerry said what he meant and meant what he said! This wasn't a "botched joke", it was a slam on the military and any reasonable person understands that. For example, the following e-mails were sent to the Laura Ingraham show - and other conservative talk radio sites are reporting the same thing.

John Kerry Listener Reaction
At a campaign event in California, John Kerry said that "In our education, if you make the most of it and you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart you can do well; if you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq." Our listeners, many with military experience under their belts, responded. Watch the video of John Kerry.
William D - Waco, TX
I have two sons on active duty. My oldest was a distinguished graduate from the Air Force Academy ('02) in Management [AFA doesn't do cum laude, etc., they use the term "distinguished graduate."] He is currently an AC-130 pilot rotating regularly to the Middle East. My second son graduated from Notre Dame ('04), summa cum laude, and was the Business schools valedictorian candidate for his class. He is currently serving on the nuclear attack submarine USS Cheyenne based at Pearl Harbor. Needless to say, their undergraduate grade points were far above Sen. Kerry's GPA. Kerry's comments reflect his own VietNam syndrome. He thinks that there is a DRAFT exemption for college students! Truly, he is lost in the '60s.

Geoff R - Camarillo, CA
Laura, my grandfather served in WW1 and was educated and a college graduate. Kerry's comments once again are an incitement on the entire U.S. military. I hope that CNN, MSNBC and all the other mainstream media call on Mr. Kerry to issue an apology to the U.S. military and there families. Shame, shame, shame.

Shawn S - Plymouth, MN
Dear Ms Ingraham, I am a Proud Major in the Air Force Reserves, Graduate of Johns Hopkins, Make more money than the president, Unashamed Christian, Helping, Michael Steele, Rick Santorum, Mark Kennedy, Michelle Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty with money and volunteered to GOTV in MN. Taken Nov 7 off to help GOP on election day. My wife (conservative attorney) will be an election judge on Nov 7th. Kerry thinks, I am stupid. My kind of young conservative is the liberals worst nightmare. Film Critic (Radiologist)

Barb R - Rome, NY
I am a USAF veteran. I'm also the daughter of a US Army veteran, the wife of a USAF veteran, and the mother of a US Army veteran - who, by the way, is a college graduate and recently returned from Iraq. And I am furious! How DARE that Boston baked snob look down his elitist nose at members of the American Military. Especially since, when it's convenient, he claims to be one of "us". He's not fit to shine our boots, let alone join our ranks.I have a couple of words for John Kerry. The second one is "You!"

Carla H - Greeley, CO
Regarding John Kerry's comment in California.... If the stupid people all go to Iraq, why isn't John Kerry over there?!?!? GRRRRR. What an idiot.

Roger M - Anchorage, AK
John Kerry's remarks regarding the young people in today's military being limited in their education is the reason why they are in Iraq, maybe that's why he was on a river boat in Vietnam for his cowardly three month tour . . . he wasn't smart enough to command a larger ship like a destroyer escort which many junior officers commanded at that time. Most river boat commanders were enlisted Chief Petty Officers, it's obvious he wasn't even able to meet that caliber of leadership. To this day I'm surprised his crew didn't throw him overboard, what a moronic fool! I appreciate your radio program and what you do! Veteran, U.S. Navy

Luke B - Frederick, MD
I am an "uneducated" graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. I apparently didn't make much of my life because I also got a doctorate and spent more than 30 years as a loser defending our country in the U.S. Army. My daughter and son-in-law are apparently also losers because they also graduated from West Point. Not long ago, my daughter completed a tour in the middle east (Iraq and Kuwait). John Kerry (who, more than any other person I can think of, should know what a loser really is) continues to disgust me every time he opens his mouth and degrades our brave military men and women.

Lt Col Paul B - Virginia Beach, VA
That Kerry made this statement comes as no surprise. It's also perfectly in character for him, and illuminates WHY his shipmates almost to a man, rejected him as a presidential candidate, and indeed, worked very hard to keep him out of the White House. For Kerry - it's all about Kerry, all the time. His current wife, Tereza, is the Marie Antoinette of our time...

Sandee J - Centreville, VA
Laura, great show! I called Kerry's office in DC and let him know how disgusted I am about his comments about our military. Thanks for getting us fired up !

Shirley S - Bastrop, LA
Hi Laura.Love your show. We have 3 young men in this town (brothers) in the military. Two in Iraq at this time. One has been there and is preparing to go again. All three are college graduates with outstanding intelligence and have more sense in their little finger than Mr. Kerry will ever have with his fancy education. These young men CHOSE to serve their country instead of seeking only money at this time. All three are married with famillies.Remember them in your prayers.
God bless.

Mike S - Seminole, FL
John Kerry is a disgrace. He is ill informed about our troops. Our son is a Marine with the 24th MEU. In 2004 he was in a tank in Fallujah. He left college to join the Marines. Ouur son-in-law is a Green Beret now at an undisclosed location. He has a law degree from SMU and joined as an enlistedman. John Kerry has no idea about our young troops. We have two deployment stars on our cars and in our window at home.

Michael B - Kennewick, WA
John Kerry lacks both the intellectual and emotional IQ to recognize his arrogance is hurtful to the Nation and its citizens who strive to put their Country over their self interests. He needs to retreat to the succor of the privilaged class and leave real people alone.

Karen T - Scottsdale, AZ
I'd just like to say to Kerry and to all liberals who think our military are nothing but uneducated dummies -- my nephew is getting one of the best educations offered in the world today (if not the best) at Annapolis and, when he graduates, will be giving back five years of his life in military service so idiots like Kerry can say stupid things that they know absolutely nothing about and not have to worry about getting thrown in prison or beheaded. Great is our military!

Mike L - Kennesaw, GA
Laura,
You misquoted John........
Education, if you make the most of it ... you can do well. If you don't, you Misquote......
get stuck in Iraq.
Correction....
end up voting for Democratic Senators from Massachusetts.
-- Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)

David C - Black Canyon City, AZ
John Kerry needs to finally take what's coming to him for his lying about the Vietnam Veterans and going to the Paris Peace Talks while still a commissioned Naval Officer and dealing with the North Vietnamese delegation. He lied to congress as well about the Vietnam vets and the atrocities. I served in Vietnam for 4 tours as a Medic with Infantry, Combat Engineers, Aviation and Helicopter Amb. (DustOff). My family fought in WW11, WW1, Civil War on both sides and the Revolutionary War. They may not have been College grads but they were Americans. If we want to get rid of him join the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation they are going to take him to court.

Dan U - Brazil, IN
John Kerry made an unforgivable comment about our troops when he said students who don't study and try hard in school will end up in Iraq. If you don't spend the majority of your show today demanding a formal apology from him I won't listen to your show anymore. He is without a doubt one of the most hateful, despicable men in our Senate, and is a poster child for term limits. I have a nephew in Bagdad who has a college degree. He also has a wife and two small children at home. John Kerry is married to a multi-hundred millionaire and is so out of touch with reality, I think he has become senile.

David K - Louisville, KY
I hope you're all over John Kerry's "STUPID" statement about our troops in Iraq!
This could (should) end his career... but further, it should help Republicans in the election... another Dumb-o-cratic implode!
Love your show.

Mike P - Cleveland, OH
I heard Bill Bennett quote John Kerry's ridiculous statement this morning.
Let your listeners know that the question becomes..."Is that why you ended up in Viet Nam Sen Kerry?
Obviously, young Mr Kerry did not do his schoolwork! Mike Mike Prokop Cleveland, OH

ChumpDumper
11-02-2006, 01:05 PM
You mean conservative radio listeners are against John Kerry?

What a revelation! Next you'll be telling me they plan to vote Republican Tuesday!

NASCARdad
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I've lost the little respect I had for chalupa. He is a world class idiot if he believes the BS coming from Kerry.

boutons_
11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
When Kerry said "do well in college or get stuck in Iraq", he could have very well meant legacy-jerkoff dubya's his dumb self is stuck in Iraq, not the troops. :)

xrayzebra
11-02-2006, 05:07 PM
When Kerry said "do well in college or get stuck in Iraq", he could have very well meant legacy-jerkoff dubya's his dumb self is stuck in Iraq, not the troops. :)

He could also have meant just what he said.
Why do you folks have to spin what he says or
make excuses for the dumbass. He is what he
is. He is a damn socialist who only craves one
thing. His agenda and the socialist agenda.

JohnnyMarzetti
11-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Same reasons you guys spin the crap that comes out of Dumbya every damn time he speaks. But since he fucks up everytime its the norm.

clambake
11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Before you and Bush agree on how you feel about Kerry, you need to check with Al-Sadr first.

Theres a new sheriff in town.

Nbadan
11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Theres a new sheriff in town.

Good. Let's vamose' this cluster-fuck.