PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Laptop $398 dollars on Sale Sunday

MannyIsGod
10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=52522

I was hesitant to share as I want to make sure I get one of these, (:lol) but the deal seems bad ass so if anyone needs a cheap but pretty decent laptop check it out.

I'll be there at midnight trying to snag 1 or maybe 2.

PAWW
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
I really need a laptop but I don't have that kind of cash right now, dammit!:depressed

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm going to pass this one along to my mom. She's been wanting a laptop and this one would be good for her (I saw it last night on Anandtech).

MannyIsGod
10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Its not a super fast machine, but its no slouch either. Really, you'd pay about that much for a slightly better desktop so there's no way this isn't a steal as a laptop.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Hmmm, seems too good to be true. Maybe I'll throw the people at Walmart a few G's and try to get 4 or 5.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Whats decent? I mean any specifics? I see a link there that has them but I have to become a member and I'm too lazy, can anyone post them here?

EDIT: Holy crap! I just saw the specs and the price. That is the deal of the century! $398 for mobile amb sempron processor 3300+, 60gb drive and cd burner (wish it was DVD burner but at those prices you can't get anything better anywhere)

MannyIsGod
10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Here are the specs:

Product Name V5305WM
US Product Number RG324UA#ABA
Microprocessor 2.00 GHz Mobile AMD Sempron™ Processor 3300+
Microprocessor Cache 128KB L2 Cache
Memory 512MB 333MHz DDR
Memory Max 2048MB
Video Graphics ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M IGP
Video Memory 128MB DDR (shared)
Hard Drive 60GB 5400RPM
Multimedia Drive 24X DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
Display 15.4” WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Connectivity 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support
Sound Altec Lansing
Keyboard 101-key compatible
Pointing Device Touch Pad with dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots

* 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

* 2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
* 1 headphone-out
* 1 microphone-in
* 1 VGA (15-pin)
* 1 TV-Out (S-video)
* 1 RJ-11 (modem)
* 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
* 1 notebook expansion port 2
* 1 Consumer IR

Dimensions 10.2"(L) x 14.1"(W) x 1.38"(min H) /1.77"(max H)
Weight 6.4 lbs
Security

* Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot
* Power-on password
* Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

* 65W AC adapter
* 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

katyon6th
10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
So Manny, if you buy 2, can I buy 1 off of you?

That place is gonna go ape shit.

CubanMustGo
10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, last year Walmart sold cheapo HP laptops like this and people got into fights. There are only like 10-20 per store.

MannyIsGod
10-31-2006, 11:34 PM
Last year they sold them on black friday, so everyone knew about it before time. Very few people will know about this until they see the ad in the paper on Sunday. The only way its known now is because of the people who are always hunting for deals and posting them to those websites.

I'm envious of Jess tonight. She just bought a kick ass HP laptop. I won't get mine till Sunday, damnit.

SequSpur
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Dude, what time do they go on sale? I want one. What Walmart are you going 2?

midgetonadonkey
10-31-2006, 11:49 PM
What's a SequSpur?

Silver21_Black20
10-31-2006, 11:51 PM
I just might have to be at WalMart on Sunday, at midnight.

SequSpur
10-31-2006, 11:52 PM
What's a SequSpur?

The baddest mofo on the net.

midgetonadonkey
10-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Is it a Compaq?

midgetonadonkey
10-31-2006, 11:53 PM
The shortest mofo on the net.

I agree.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Dude, what time do they go on sale? I want one. What Walmart are you going 2?Probably the closest one to me, which is the new one at I10 and Vance Jackson. If for whatever reason I can't get one there, then I'll be going on the great Wal Mart tour and hitting them all up until I have a fucking laptop.

SequSpur
11-01-2006, 12:24 AM
What time do you think they'll start selling them?

midgetonadonkey
11-01-2006, 12:30 AM
What's a SequSpur?

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 12:32 AM
They said in the thread on that site at 12:01. I know some of the WalMarts close their electronics sections overnight, though. They reopen them at 6 am. I'm going to hit up Wal Mart at 12 midnight trying to score the laptop, but if I can't get it then I'll go back at 6am. I'm up all damn night anyhow.

T Park
11-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Armagaeddon is officially under way.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Is this sale advertisement applicable nationwide?
If so, I'm damn sure going to try and get one for myself.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Is this sale advertisement aplicable nationwide?
If so, I'm damn sure going to try and get one for myself.I believe so.

T Park
11-02-2006, 02:57 AM
bump, wondering how long this fiasco is going on....

PM5K
11-02-2006, 03:22 AM
Last year they sold them on black friday, so everyone knew about it before time. Very few people will know about this until they see the ad in the paper on Sunday. The only way its known now is because of the people who are always hunting for deals and posting them to those websites.

Got the Walmart ad in the mail today, so expect more people to know about it...

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Got the Walmart ad in the mail today, so expect more people to know about it...yeah i know. i talked to the guy at wal mart tonight and he said several people have asked about it. i'm going to get there a couple of hours early on saturday night

timvp
11-02-2006, 04:45 AM
i talked to the guy at wal mart tonight

Pretty soon Manny will be your everyday church-going, Bush-loving, tree-chopping, aerosol-can-spraying, hippy-hating, against-gay-marriage-voting, corporate-loving, the-poor-should-work-harder-thinking, liberal-bashing Republican who doesn't care if Wal-Mart is bad for the environment or human rights or whatever as long as they sell cheap shyt.

Welcome aboard. We've been waiting for you.

:cooldevil

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 04:50 AM
Pretty soon Manny will be your everyday church-going, Bush-loving, tree-chopping, aerosol-can-spraying, hippy-hating, against-gay-marriage-voting, corporate-loving, the-poor-should-work-harder-thinking, liberal-bashing Republican who doesn't care if Wal-Mart is bad for the environment or human rights or whatever as long as they sell cheap shyt.

Welcome aboard. We've been waiting for you.

:cooldevil:lmao

I was wondering when one of you guys was going to bring this up. Wal-Mart has done a ton of stuff lately that is great for gay rights and the environmnet. I'm pretty damn impressed. I've been shopping there kinda regularly for a month or 2 now.

plus shit is cheap

PM5K
11-02-2006, 05:23 AM
I totally forgot the Manny/Walmart thing...

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I wonder how this computer will do with Vista. I'm waiting to get my next computer when they are selling pre-installed Vista. I don't want to deal with the glitches that come along with installing it on a computer that was designed for XP.

T Park
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Wal-Mart has done a ton of stuff lately that is great for gay rights and the environmnet

People have said that for the longest time.

Viva Wal-Mart.

ducks
11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
some computers you buy now have the coupon for a free upgrade to vista

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 01:31 PM
some computers you buy now have the coupon for a free upgrade to vista

Just because they are compatible doesn't mean they will work smoothly. Computers without Vista pre-installed are going to have glitches and not work as well as the computers designed specifically for Vista.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Just because they are compatible doesn't mean they will work smoothly. Computers without Vista pre-installed are going to have glitches and not work as well as the computers designed specifically for Vista.If you don't think every computer that comes with Vista for the first year or 2 will have major glitches then you've forgotten how every operating system that Microsoft has released has worked.

There are going to be driver conflicts on almost every machine for awhlie. There will be lots of unforseen errors. Its going to be anything but smooth, because thats what it always is.

And yeah, most machines that you buy now will recieve a free upgrade to one of the Vistas depending on what type of XP you have (Home, Pro, Media Center). Most of the computers being released now are titled Vista Ready if they are built to those specs, but Vista is going to be a huge resource hog either way.

I dont know, I'll probably stick with XP

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
People have said that for the longest time.

Viva Wal-Mart.They haven't always done it. They've started to do it recently.

midgetonadonkey
11-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Is this sale advertisement applicable nationwide?
If so, I'm damn sure going to try and get one for myself.

It is nationwide but the very high volume stores will only be getting 15 max. My brother in law is a store director of a Supercenter in Michigan and he told me his store is only getting 4. He also said that most stores will only be getting 2-4.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
If you don't think every computer that comes with Vista for the first year or 2 will have major glitches then you've forgotten how every operating system that Microsoft has released has worked.

There are going to be driver conflicts on almost every machine for awhlie. There will be lots of unforseen errors. Its going to be anything but smooth, because thats what it always is.

Right, and the computers that weren't built specifically for Vista are gonna 10 times as many glitches. But if you're going to stick with XP anyway it doesn't really matter. I just know that I'm holding out for a computer that has Vista pre-installed, preferably not a first generation Vista computer, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long. But in the meantime, XP isn't all that bad.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 04:13 PM
It is nationwide but the very high volume stores will only be getting 15 max. My brother in law is a store director of a Supercenter in Michigan and he told me his store is only getting 4. He also said that most stores will only be getting 2-4.Weird, other people who work with WalMart saying at least 10 for regular stores and 15 for Super Centers. The guy I talked to last night thought they had 15. I've been shopping around online all day, and I may end up getting something else either way, but it would suck if they only had 4 per store.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Right, and the computers that weren't built specifically for Vista are gonna 10 times as many glitches. But if you're going to stick with XP anyway it doesn't really matter. I just know that I'm holding out for a computer that has Vista pre-installed, preferably not a first generation Vista computer, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long. But in the meantime, XP isn't all that bad.What I'm telling you is that the new machines coming out with Media Center right now ARE machines that were designed for Vista. But Microsoft keeps delaying the release. Vista was supposed to be ready to go for this holiday season.

ToughActinTinactin
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm getting a Dell

Ginofan
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
It is nationwide but the very high volume stores will only be getting 15 max. My brother in law is a store director of a Supercenter in Michigan and he told me his store is only getting 4. He also said that most stores will only be getting 2-4.

The ads that came out yesterday had in small print "a minimum 15 per store"...Michigan people are getting jipped.

Silver21_Black20
11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Stated minimum is for Supercenters and larger store formats. Minimum of 5 per store at smaller store formats.

This is what the ad says, small fine print at the bottom front page.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Fuck it, I'm buying the Acer. Standing in line with a SequSpur might be enough to kill me. WTF is a SequSpur anyhow?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
All of the WalMarts in town are super centers with the exception of the ghetto 410 stores (Jones Maltsberger and the one near the dollar movies) and the Floresville store. Guess you're screwed Katy.

Melmart1
11-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Wasn't it last year that a woman got trampled over a cheap DVD player at WalMart? See, I like this deal PLUS my mom's husband works for them so I get 10% off on top of that. So it's hard to say no, but God only knows what the crazies will do for a cheap laptop if they ran over a woman for a DVD player.. and people kept stepping over/on her after she passed out!

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
All I know, is that on Black Friday I'm getting a cheap HDTV. Don't get in between me and my deal, because you will die.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 06:24 PM
What I'm telling you is that the new machines coming out with Media Center right now ARE machines that were designed for Vista. But Microsoft keeps delaying the release. Vista was supposed to be ready to go for this holiday season.

That is not true, I've read enough about it to know that "Vista-ready" isn't going to run as smoothly as "pre-installed." All Vista-ready means is the specs meet the minimum requirements that MS has released. Vista-ready computers were designed and made for XP, so they are much more prone to Vista glitches.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2006, 06:26 PM
That is not true, I've read enough about it to know that "Vista-ready" isn't going to run as smoothly as "pre-installed." All Vista-ready means is the specs meet the minimum requirements that MS has released. Vista-ready computers were designed and made for XP, so they are much more prone to Vista glitches.No shit? I'll take your word for it, but I was under the impression that they were built for Vista based on a few things I had read. All in all, I do think that I'll stick with XP for quite some time because of the inherent flaws in a new OS.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 06:30 PM
No shit? I'll take your word for it, but I was under the impression that they were built for Vista based on a few things I had read. All in all, I do think that I'll stick with XP for quite some time because of the inherent flaws in a new OS.

Not a bad idea, I'm thinking of sticking with XP for a while as well. I would love to get in early on Vista and get ahead of the learning curve but I'm sure that there will be a lot of fixes and things to be ironed out in the first generation of Vista computers.

leemajors
11-02-2006, 06:34 PM
if the hardware is vista compatible and the old os (XP) is formatted off there shouldn't be any problems unless there aren't vista drivers for the hardware. most os upgrade problems with microsoft are due to people installing the new os over the old one without formatting and reloading. at least that has always been a problem in the past.

jcrod
11-03-2006, 01:53 AM
All I know, is that on Black Friday I'm getting a cheap HDTV. Don't get in between me and my deal, because you will die.

Whats black Friday and when is it?

Silver21_Black20
11-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Whats black Friday and when is it?

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving that most stores have sales. It is crazy.

Guru of Nothing
11-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Fixed, you disingenuous, over-satiated, consumer slut.

You will vote straight-ticket Republican within four years.

plus shit is cheap

Wal-Mart has done a ton of stuff lately that is great for gay rights and the environmnet. I'm pretty damn impressed. I've been shopping there kinda regularly for a month or 2 now.

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 02:10 AM
I got one :elephant

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Way to go Sandra! I was at a walmart earlier but I already have a Dell laptop, I am actually waiting for a badass deal on a desktop to use as a primary. I am glad you got one, are you typing on it now?

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Way to go Sandra! I was at a walmart earlier but I already have a Dell laptop, I am actually waiting for a badass deal on a desktop to use as a primary. I am glad you got one, are you typing on it now?

No, I need to open the box first. :lol

The WalMart on IH10 and DeZavala had 50 of them.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Awesome! I'm glad someone went and got one. Mel, what kind of desktop deal are you looking for? Circuit City had some Acer desktops on sale for under 300 with pretty nice setups.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2006, 02:41 AM
Hey, did you have to wait in a line?

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 02:46 AM
I am not looking for anythign fancy, really. The fanciest part would be a flat panel monitor, I dont want one of those behemoth things. Something along the lines of what I have in my laptop- 1.7gb processor, 512 mb ram, etc etc... And something with a warranty for sure. I am really trying to grow my business so this is an investment of sorts. I have been so busy lately that my laptop is just overheating, so something to replace it and then the laptop can just be for fun.

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Hey, did you have to wait in a line?

I did, I got there around 9:45. The time went by pretty fast cause I was playing with those hand held poker and Tetris games. I had no idea they were going to have 50 laptops.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2006, 02:58 AM
They had something like that for about 190 in an Acer but the sale aparently ended at midnight! That fucking blows man!

I'm watching the deal sites pretty hardcore as of right now because I'm trying to stay on top of the day after thankgiving sales, so if I see anything I'll pass it on. I'm gonna start a Black Friday thread to see if anyone is interested in camping out with me. Even if no one wants to buy shit, I'm gonna need company out there with the other crazies.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2006, 02:58 AM
I did, I got there around 9:45. The time went by pretty fast cause I was playing with those hand held poker and Tetris games. I had no idea they were going to have 50 laptops.lol, thats pretty hardcore man. Nice job. How many people were there?

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 03:02 AM
lol, thats pretty hardcore man. Nice job. How many people were there?

At midnight, around 50 people. I was # 11 of 50. I had my niece to keep me company.

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Hahaha, I understand not wanting to camp out alone. I have an excellent campout story from my days living in Seattle waiting for concert tickets. Good times!

BeerIsGood!
11-05-2006, 03:35 AM
I am not looking for anythign fancy, really. The fanciest part would be a flat panel monitor, I dont want one of those behemoth things. Something along the lines of what I have in my laptop- 1.7gb processor, 512 mb ram, etc etc... And something with a warranty for sure. I am really trying to grow my business so this is an investment of sorts. I have been so busy lately that my laptop is just overheating, so something to replace it and then the laptop can just be for fun.

Check some online sites for sales. A few months ago I got a desktop - 2.4 GB, 160 SATA HD, 1GB ram, DVD burner, etc. and a 19" LCD flat panel for under $800 total from Tiger Direct. You just have to catch them at the right time.

angel_luv
11-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Congrats on your laptop, Sandra. :)

Jekka
11-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Hahaha, I understand not wanting to camp out alone. I have an excellent campout story from my days living in Seattle waiting for concert tickets. Good times!
Do tell. I need entertainment.

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Congrats on your laptop, Sandra. :)

Thank You! :D

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:15 AM
I just got back from getting mine.
I had to go to a SuperCenter that was further away than I had planned on going. I went to a closer SuperCenter, and the place had closed at 10! I thought those stores were open around the clock!
Anyway, got in there abot 11:30 and there was already a line about 10-15 deep. One woman had been there for two hours waiting. They told us that the register wasn't going to open until 12:15, so if we had other shopping to do, go do it. I didn't, so I stayed right where I was. The lady in line ahead of me had the ad printed out from her home computer, and it said that each store would have a minimum of 15.
By the time 12:15 rolled around, there must've been at least 20 other people behind me. Took about a half hour for the knuckle-dragging lunkhead casheir to ring up everyone in front of me, but I got it.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:15 AM

I did that once as well.
Never again!
:lol

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Hahaha, it's a long story.

My friends and I went down to camp out for tickets to see Mad Season, this Seattle hybrid of sorts that had members of Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees and Alice in Chains in it. So we are outside the Moore theater and its like four blocks from the waterfront and we are freeeezing our titties off.

Weirdness, Part 1: This dude comes up with a garment bag. He sees that we are cold and says.. "HEY! I got a deal for you! Trade me some alcohol or 20 dollars and you can have what's in this bag!" Well, its only 1am and tix dont go on sale till 9am so I am just bored enough to play along. "What's in the bag?" I ask.

So he proceeds to pull out this big blanket, and tells us that it is top botch quality, made in Canada (whoopie!). To prove it was made in Canada, he turns it over and there is the largest fucking embroidered maple leaf you ever did see! My friend Stephanie is from Las Vegas so she is even less used to the cold than me and tries to haggle him. Dude is high as fuck and isn't having any of it. So he goes down the line of like 200 or so brave souls who are already lined up. No takers. So he comes back to us and is like "OK, 15 dollars". Then someone pulls up in the car and says he "found a dealer" and the guy drops the blanket like a hot potato and takes off. Score!

So 2am rolls around and the drunks start rolling out of the bars. "Hey, you standing in line to see Belly!" Belly is an alt-rock band from the 90s (this is 1994) and the marque says "Live, Tonight! Belly!" Well, needless to say we weren't there to see Belly, and we politely tell these people but they are drunk and its fairly futile. Someone call Stephanie a "fucking Canuck."

So several hours roll by and after several panhandlers and drug addicts (heroin usage was out of control, especially in the area we were in), we are ready for the damn box office to open. This one guy comes up looking for 'blow' and he would have been like any other one we encountered during the night except his face is full of coagulated blood. So of course I had to take a closer look and to this day, I wish I hadn't. His eyelid was completely split to the point where even if he blinked, it wouldn't matter. The cut went in a straight line all the way into somewhere in his hairlines. You could see his skull! And yet the guy was sooo fucking high, he didn't feel a thing!

I guess he could see the shock on our faces, cus he was like "oh, this! yeah, I stole my old lady's blow and she took a wrench and hit me on the head." Damn, dude! I can feel the love! So finally he realizes that all we have is our canned goods ( you got a five dollar discount if you brought canned goods for the Chicken Soup Brigade) and our $15 do he was not going to get anything out of us.

Now for me, that is enough excitement for one day/night. Seeing someone's skull with blood clots hanging out of it just isn't my cup of tea. Not to mention that I could have sworn I had not foot, as it was so cold overnight I couldn't feel it. I would have been just fine if we could have bought our tix and left.

But noooooooo! Not so easy!

There are only like 5,000 tix and three places in all of Seattle to buy them. This is a one-time only show so its a big deal. We get offered money from several peeps but we dont' give in. I tell them to fuck off, my roommate Sophia was much more polite. This one guy sees her politeness and tries to take advantage of it. He puts his arm around her and that's when I take a better look at him. He is wearing a leisure suit, straight out of the 70s. For some reason, I hear "Just a Gigolo" in my head over and over. His chest is so hair that it is sticking out of his polyester shirt. Not from between the buttons or over the collar, mind you. No, the hair is so thick and coarse that it juts out THROUGH POLYESTER. He basically looks like he is wearing his hair for a shirt. For some reason, this makes me want to yak and I must get rid of him immediately. So I tell him to take his hands off my girlfriend and pull her away. He laughs and calls us dykes and finally gives up.

So we get our tickets and head back to the dorms. I figure this is the end of the weirdness...

But nooooooooo. Stephanie just HAS to stop for coffee at this little roach coach and so we are there waiting for her damned cappuccino when this homeless lady walks up to us pushing a shopping cart. She asks us for some drugs and of course we dont have any. So she asks us for money and we are like "lady all we have is 75 cents to go catch our bus." So she says "fine, give me that." WTF?! We aren't giving you our bus fare, do you know how far away our dorm is!? So she looks at us and is like "look, I am six months pregnant and I need a fix! Now give me your goddamned money!"

Sophia, as much as I love her, is not the most assertive person in teh world. So she always looks at me for advice. So she looks at me with this expression that reads "what do we do?" So I just tell the lady we are broke and that is all. She says "look you little rich bitch (?) you just said you had 75 cents, give me your 75 cents! So I am about to just throw my fucking quarters at her to shut her up when she starts cursing and looks like she has become possessed. Sophia says "melmart, what do we do?" (yes, she calls me melmart, it was my online identity even in 94). So I am tired, groggy and quite honestly scared of this crazy lady so I look at her and say.. "run!"

So we proceed to run up a very steep hill (Seattle has almost as many hills as San Francisco). We ran. From a 6-months pregnant crack whore. Not our finest moment, I must say.

She finally gave up chasing us about halfways up the hill and kept cursing us for who knows how long. We finally get to our dorm and collapse. I woke up and swore it was all a dream... until Stephanie knocks on our door and asks if we want to keep the maple leaf blanket....

I warned you it was long. Entertained yet, Jekka? :lol

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:20 AM
longest post ever... fuck you!!!!

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:21 AM
on a related note... blah blah blah

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 04:21 AM
Hey, you were warned, asshole!

Glad you got your own computer, Todd! Laptops rock!

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:23 AM
nm

Jekka
11-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Damn, I don't usually encounter that many weird people in a single night. Although, I was explaining my flypaper-for-freaks quality to someone one time when a guy trying to get back to the state hospital asked us for change. My friend was pretty convinced.

Long stories are good, the phones have been silent here. Tell me another one! :lol

MannyIsGod
11-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Oh shit... :lmao

I don't know if I could even make something like that up. Thats awesome. :lmao

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Thanks, Mel. I'm most pleased as well!
BTW I thought your story was quite entertaining! :tu
jman, are you drunk over there? I'm sensing a LOT of liquid courage on your part, man!

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 04:26 AM
I just got back from getting mine.
I had to go to a SuperCenter that was further away than I had planned on going. I went to a closer SuperCenter, and the place had closed at 10! I thought those stores were open around the clock!
Anyway, got in there abot 11:30 and there was already a line about 10-15 deep. One woman had been there for two hours waiting. They told us that the register wasn't going to open until 12:15, so if we had other shopping to do, go do it. I didn't, so I stayed right where I was. The lady in line ahead of me had the ad printed out from her home computer, and it said that each store would have a minimum of 15.
By the time 12:15 rolled around, there must've been at least 20 other people behind me. Took about a half hour for the knuckle-dragging lunkhead casheir to ring up everyone in front of me, but I got it.

You got there at 11:30 and only 10-15 were there...wow.

Congrats on your laptop!

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:28 AM
You got there at 11:30 and only 10-15 were there...wow.

Congrats on your laptop!

Likewise. :spin

I guess no one really had a clue about it where I got mine. Fine with me. Less rude and annoying people to have to deal with!

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:28 AM
Thanks, Mel. I'm most pleased as well!
BTW I thought your story was quite entertaining! :tu
jman, are you drunk over there? I'm sensing a LOT of liquid courage on your part, man!
blah blah blah ... go to hell! o wait...

:santahat

:oink

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:29 AM
I'll take that as a 'yes'!!!
:lol

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 04:30 AM
I can't think of another long story right now, but if I do I will be sure to post it. Glad you guys liked it. I look back sometimes and just laugh my ass off. Stephanie ended up keeping the blanket by the way. There is just no way to describe this blanket, it was pretty fucking funny. Oh, and she kept the garment bag, too! :lol

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 04:31 AM
I don't know about that blanket. I'm hoping that it was new and not used. :lol

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:36 AM
i think melmart should stfu with her long stories .. they make me want to pee. on the other hand... hungry man beer battered chicken are delicious... highly recommeneded.... :hungry

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 04:40 AM
I agree Sandra, maybe that is why she came in after we woke up offering it to us. I would hate to see what a white light on that bad boy would have shown. Ewww.

And jman.. stfu! Nobody is forcing your drunk ass to read. Go bitch about length of posts to conqueso.

Jekka
11-05-2006, 04:40 AM
i think melmart should stfu with her long stories .. they make me want to pee. on the other hand... hungry man beer battered chicken are delicious... highly recommeneded.... :hungry
Melmart's stories are better than your inane drunken babble any day!

I'm with Sandra, though, I hope that blanket got bleached.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2006, 04:41 AM
Jmann will go back to being a rather large vagina when he starts sobering up.

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:42 AM
conqueso can go to hell for all i care.. blah blah ... i so damn hungry .. i feel like a chillyh cheese sandwich... fuck yeah.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:44 AM
I would've tossed that blanket in the biohazard bin!
I don't think any amount of bleach, detergent, disinfectant, sand blasting or any other method of purging impurities would have worked on that thing!

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:46 AM
chilly cheese sandwich= philly cheese steak... my apologize assholes.

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Well it was in a garment bag with SeaTac tags from travel that day on it. What I want to know is..

1. Why didnt these lazy fucks just DRIVE from Vancouver?
2. How on earth did this smackhead get their luggage?
3. What is so fucking special about that ratty blanket that they just couldnt leave it at home?

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Vancouver to Seattle.
That's roughly as far as L.A. is to San Diego, give or take a few miles, isn't it?

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Vancouver to Seattle.
That's roughly as far as L.A. is to San Diego, give or take a few miles, isn't it?
Yeah, its under three hours to drive it. And its sooo scenic, that drive. Why would anyone fly? I just don't get it.

jman3000
11-05-2006, 04:55 AM
seattle can go to hell too.. seattle = where frasier crane lives and no more.

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Dude, go to bed.

Jekka
11-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah, its under three hours to drive it. And its sooo scenic, that drive. Why would anyone fly? I just don't get it.
:tu My family took the ferry from Seattle to Vancouver a few years ago, and it was beautiful.

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Ah, ferrys in that area are sublime. The view is so gorgeous, its uncanny. I heart Seattle, maybe I should move back :lol I swear, I can never stay in one place for very long.

jman3000
11-05-2006, 05:12 AM
seattle cant be that bad because jessica alba was dark angel:spin

Silver21_Black20
11-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Ah, ferrys in that area are sublime. The view is so gorgeous, its uncanny. I heart Seattle, maybe I should move back :lol I swear, I can never stay in one place for very long.

Make sure you make a GTG before leaving anywhere :D

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-05-2006, 05:14 AM
That whole area is gorgeous, from Olympia on up to Ferndale (the furthest north I've been in WA).
Mel, when you went downtown, did you ever see the "High drug and prostitution area" signs that were mounted on the traffic poles? I swear, I wanted to steal one and take it home!

jman3000
11-05-2006, 05:14 AM
i smell a love interest brewing :makeout

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 05:24 AM
Make sure you make a GTG before leaving anywhere :D
But of course! Far be it from me to miss out on the 8ft Mexican! I can introduce myself to you then gaze at your navel.

Melmart1
11-05-2006, 05:25 AM
That whole area is gorgeous, from Olympia on up to Ferndale (the furthest north I've been in WA).
Mel, when you went downtown, did you ever see the "High drug and prostitution area" signs that were mounted on the traffic poles? I swear, I wanted to steal one and take it home!
WTF? Where the hell were these signs? :lmao I would have surely stolen one had I seen one. I was there in 94-95 so maybe they didn't exist.

jman3000
11-05-2006, 05:26 AM
But of course! Far be it from me to miss out on the 8ft Mexican! I can introduce myself to you then gaze at your navel.
son of a bitch... 7'11 fucker! 7'11! jesus christos.

PM5K
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
LOL, someone on Craigslist is trying to sell one of these for 575.00, fuckers...

Zunni
11-08-2006, 12:22 AM

My friends and I went down to camp out for tickets to see Mad Season, this Seattle hybrid of sorts that had members of Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees and Alice in Chains in it. So we are outside the Moore theater and its like four blocks from the waterfront and we are freeeezing our titties off.

Weirdness, Part 1: This dude comes up with a garment bag. He sees that we are cold and says.. "HEY! I got a deal for you! Trade me some alcohol or 20 dollars and you can have what's in this bag!" Well, its only 1am and tix dont go on sale till 9am so I am just bored enough to play along. "What's in the bag?" I ask.

So he proceeds to pull out this big blanket, and tells us that it is top botch quality, made in Canada (whoopie!). To prove it was made in Canada, he turns it over and there is the largest fucking embroidered maple leaf you ever did see! My friend Stephanie is from Las Vegas so she is even less used to the cold than me and tries to haggle him. Dude is high as fuck and isn't having any of it. So he goes down the line of like 200 or so brave souls who are already lined up. No takers. So he comes back to us and is like "OK, 15 dollars". Then someone pulls up in the car and says he "found a dealer" and the guy drops the blanket like a hot potato and takes off. Score!

So 2am rolls around and the drunks start rolling out of the bars. "Hey, you standing in line to see Belly!" Belly is an alt-rock band from the 90s (this is 1994) and the marque says "Live, Tonight! Belly!" Well, needless to say we weren't there to see Belly, and we politely tell these people but they are drunk and its fairly futile. Someone call Stephanie a "fucking Canuck."

So several hours roll by and after several panhandlers and drug addicts (heroin usage was out of control, especially in the area we were in), we are ready for the damn box office to open. This one guy comes up looking for 'blow' and he would have been like any other one we encountered during the night except his face is full of coagulated blood. So of course I had to take a closer look and to this day, I wish I hadn't. His eyelid was completely split to the point where even if he blinked, it wouldn't matter. The cut went in a straight line all the way into somewhere in his hairlines. You could see his skull! And yet the guy was sooo fucking high, he didn't feel a thing!

I guess he could see the shock on our faces, cus he was like "oh, this! yeah, I stole my old lady's blow and she took a wrench and hit me on the head." Damn, dude! I can feel the love! So finally he realizes that all we have is our canned goods ( you got a five dollar discount if you brought canned goods for the Chicken Soup Brigade) and our $15 do he was not going to get anything out of us.

Now for me, that is enough excitement for one day/night. Seeing someone's skull with blood clots hanging out of it just isn't my cup of tea. Not to mention that I could have sworn I had not foot, as it was so cold overnight I couldn't feel it. I would have been just fine if we could have bought our tix and left.

There are only like 5,000 tix and three places in all of Seattle to buy them. This is a one-time only show so its a big deal. We get offered money from several peeps but we dont' give in. I tell them to fuck off, my roommate Sophia was much more polite. This one guy sees her politeness and tries to take advantage of it. He puts his arm around her and that's when I take a better look at him. He is wearing a leisure suit, straight out of the 70s. For some reason, I hear "Just a Gigolo" in my head over and over. His chest is so hair that it is sticking out of his polyester shirt. Not from between the buttons or over the collar, mind you. No, the hair is so thick and coarse that it juts out THROUGH POLYESTER. He basically looks like he is wearing his hair for a shirt. For some reason, this makes me want to yak and I must get rid of him immediately. So I tell him to take his hands off my girlfriend and pull her away. He laughs and calls us dykes and finally gives up.

So we get our tickets and head back to the dorms. I figure this is the end of the weirdness...

But nooooooooo. Stephanie just HAS to stop for coffee at this little roach coach and so we are there waiting for her damned cappuccino when this homeless lady walks up to us pushing a shopping cart. She asks us for some drugs and of course we dont have any. So she asks us for money and we are like "lady all we have is 75 cents to go catch our bus." So she says "fine, give me that." WTF?! We aren't giving you our bus fare, do you know how far away our dorm is!? So she looks at us and is like "look, I am six months pregnant and I need a fix! Now give me your goddamned money!"

Sophia, as much as I love her, is not the most assertive person in teh world. So she always looks at me for advice. So she looks at me with this expression that reads "what do we do?" So I just tell the lady we are broke and that is all. She says "look you little rich bitch (?) you just said you had 75 cents, give me your 75 cents! So I am about to just throw my fucking quarters at her to shut her up when she starts cursing and looks like she has become possessed. Sophia says "melmart, what do we do?" (yes, she calls me melmart, it was my online identity even in 94). So I am tired, groggy and quite honestly scared of this crazy lady so I look at her and say.. "run!"

So we proceed to run up a very steep hill (Seattle has almost as many hills as San Francisco). We ran. From a 6-months pregnant crack whore. Not our finest moment, I must say.

She finally gave up chasing us about halfways up the hill and kept cursing us for who knows how long. We finally get to our dorm and collapse. I woke up and swore it was all a dream... until Stephanie knocks on our door and asks if we want to keep the maple leaf blanket....

Melmart's Indian Guide name is: Runs from Ho's :toast

leemajors
11-08-2006, 12:39 AM

damn i'm jealous, they released a dvd of that show at the moore didn't they?

Melmart1
11-08-2006, 12:51 AM
damn i'm jealous, they released a dvd of that show at the moore didn't they?
I have the VHS version because I did not have a DVD player at the time it came out. But yes, it was taped and released and was an awesome fucking show. The Moore is a great place for music, the accoustics were awesome. We were right on the cusp of the orchestra pit, but they were moshing and I don't have a death sentence so I stayed back. But I vividly remember this red-haired and beareded grungy looking kid we called 'ratface' for reasons I don't remember surfing a lot and I think you can see him in the video quite a bit.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
If you missed that deal here's an online one. Not quite as good with a rebate hassle, etc., but nicely customizable -- the Turion upgrade for $60 is good.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Usage&v1=Travel%2FMobility+Notebooks&series_name=V3000Z_series