PDA

View Full Version : Michael Finley as Spurs captain?

Samr
10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Spurs.com lists him as their captain.

Obviously, this is probably an error. But I still think it's funny and decided to point it out.

Maybe it was for the sprints he forced on the new guys. :lol

Kori Ellis
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
I think he mistakenly listed as a captain last season too. Maybe they never fixed it.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Is he not a captain? It seems like the kind of move Pop would make for a guy like Finley.

But it not, they may have moved his record in the NBA.com database from the Mavs to the Spurs but forgot to remove the captain designation from his Dallas days.

FromWayDowntown
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Finley is certainly acting like a captain -- what with making Butler and Smith run extra and staying on Butler's butt about doing extra work.

I could definitely see Pop choosing to reward that; assuming that Pop has any say in who the team captains are. That might be a matter that the team decides for itself.

It's odd to me that there would be a mistake that arose from transferrring Finley's player file -- that wouldn't explain why Parker and Duncan aren't identified as captains.

Brutalis
11-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Duncan/Fin = Captains.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
This is why I think it's just an error.

Check this thread from last season:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28830&highlight=finley+captain

FromWayDowntown
11-01-2006, 01:33 PM
This is why I think it's just an error.

Check this thread from last season:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28830&highlight=finley+captain

Good point.

I'm still impressed that Finley is acting like a leader, whether he's a captain or not, on this team. I think that speaks volumes about the increased comfort that he says he has. Increased comfort here should allow him to just play. When he did that last season, he certainly made a difference.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm still impressed that Finley is acting like a leader, whether he's a captain or not, on this team. I think that speaks volumes about the increased comfort that he says he has. Increased comfort here should allow him to just play. When he did that last season, he certainly made a difference.

I agree. I like it that he's taken such an interest in Butler. It says a lot about him as a man. I think Finley will have a good season. He worked hard this summer and seems very focused.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Michael must have hurt as bad as any Spur, maybe worse given his closing window, that Spurs lost to the Mavs, and the other team, Heat(corrected), that courted him won their rings.

I'm sure he's committed 110% to getting his ring.

If we stay healthy, .....

coopdogg3
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Michael must have hurt as bad as any Spur, maybe worse given his closing window, that Spurs lost to the Mavs, and the other team, Magic, that courted him won their rings.

I'm sure he's committed 110% to getting his ring.

I'll assume you meant "Heat" instead of "Magic".

mabber
11-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Good point.

Finley is a great guy and was always a leader while in Dallas. He and Duncan as co-captains would make a lot of sense.

adidas11
11-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Tony Parker is a team captain? One would think that Finley would get that honor first before Parker.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Tony Parker is a team captain? One would think that Finley would get that honor first before Parker.

??Why??

Tony and Tim have been co-captains for four years I think.

adidas11
11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
??Why??

Tony and Tim have been co-captains for four years I think.

I didn't realize that Tony had been a captain that long. I figured that Finley, being an elder statesman on the team, would get that honor first. But if Tony has been captain for an extended period of time, then I guess that changes things.

san antonio spurs
11-01-2006, 05:09 PM
i think bruce and timmy would make a lot of sense too.
________
property for sale Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)