PDA

View Full Version : How the heck are tickets still available

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 12:13 AM
I am a Spurs fan living in NY, so help me out here do you guys in SA always wait to the last minute for tickets. I mean i am shocked to see tickets still available for the home opener with Lebron coming to town.

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2006, 12:15 AM
it's only the Cavs

SequSpur
11-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Oberto, Horry, Elson, Butler.

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 12:16 AM
it's only the Cavs

It is the home opener and it is Lebron, i always see the At&t center pretty much filled so i guess you guys like to wait till the last minute.

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Oberto, Horry, Elson, Butler.

Horry's not THAT bad, just kinda old

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
It is the home opener and it is Lebron, i always see the At&t center pretty much filled so i guess you guys like to wait till the last minute.

Fuck Lebron

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Fuck Lebron

Ok i guess i should not have brought it up.

SequSpur
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Fans are tired of the bullshit that Pop is selling, that's all. The old school fans just aren't interested right now until he can prove his pickups are worth a shit.

I don't get excited over the Nuggets backup, the lottery knicks benchwarmer, the Raptors throw aways and the Nets 3rd pg.

Sorry.

ponky
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
There were lots of tickets to the Spurs/Mavs game on Nov. 24 as well. I picked up tons of them!

braeden0613
11-01-2006, 12:32 AM
its always like that...but we sell out every game..go figure

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Fans are tired of the bullshit that Pop is selling, that's all. The old school fans just aren't interested right now until he can prove his pickups are worth a shit.

I don't get excited over the Nuggets backup, the lottery knicks benchwarmer, the Raptors throw aways and the Nets 3rd pg.

Sorry.

Well what the hell did you want, KG coming to the damn Spurs or something. This was not a hugely talented FA pool this offseason. Nazr and Rasho both sucked especially last year. Watch Nazr do next to nothing all year in Detroit this year. It is not like the Spurs had the money to sign Wallace and were to cheap to do it. If the Spurs had such a bad offseason why are so many people still picking them to win the title.

SequSpur
11-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Well what the hell did you want, KG coming to the damn Spurs or something. This was not a hugely talented FA pool this offseason. Nazr and Rasho both sucked especially last year. Watch Nazr do next to nothing all year in Detroit this year. It is not like the Spurs had the money to sign Wallace and were to cheap to do it. If the Spurs had such a bad offseason why are so many people still picking them to win the title.

This is about ticket sales not betting on sports.

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 12:59 AM
This is about ticket sales not betting on sports.

I say again what did you want in the offseason, they have tons of STAR POWER already. You got 3 all stars in your starting 5, Spurs were not picking up a superstar in the offseason there were none out there.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 01:25 AM

It's because Spurs fans are spoiled and used to winning. They aren't hungry or excited. Even playoff games last year weren't sold out til the last minute (and sometimes not really sold out, though the numbers show otherwise).

Louie Vega
11-01-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't care about Lebroad. And I hate the way the NBA force feeds this guy to everyone. King James my ass! This is why the NBA is second to the NFL. And it isn't even a close second. The NFL markets teams that win. Teams that you will see winning championships. The NBA markets guys who are on average teams. Therefore when the playoffs roll around and the ratings suck you know why! The NBA SUCKS!!! I never buy anything official from the NBA. I buy bootleg!!!

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2006, 01:45 AM
It's because Spurs fans are spoiled and used to winning. They aren't hungry or excited. Even playoff games last year weren't sold out til the last minute (and sometimes not really sold out, though the numbers show otherwise).

I'm not spoiled, but I can't afford tickets

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm not spoiled, but I can't afford tickets

$9.

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 01:50 AM
I don't care about Lebroad. And I hate the way the NBA force feeds this guy to everyone. King James my ass! This is why the NBA is second to the NFL. And it isn't even a close second. The NFL markets teams that win. Teams that you will see winning championships. The NBA markets guys who are on average teams. Therefore when the playoffs roll around and the ratings suck you know why! The NBA SUCKS!!! I never buy anything official from the NBA. I buy bootleg!!!

Actually Baseball is 2nd to the NFL, the NBA is 3rd. As far as the NFL just marketing teams that win, they have been shoving Michael Vick and Peyton Manning down everyones throats for years now and they have won what exactly.

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2006, 01:50 AM
$9.

I'm also working that day cause my boss is a prick

Louie Vega
11-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Actually Baseball is 2nd to the NFL, the NBA is 3rd.

Even worse then I thought!

Brutalis
11-01-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm not sold or wanting this but the Spurs' winning ways could produce much better fan support somewhere else.

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 01:58 AM
I looked it up according to insidehoops.com the Spurs do average a sellout every game, so obviously they just wait till the last minute but they fill the building.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 02:00 AM
I looked it up according to insidehoops.com the Spurs do average a sellout every game, so obviously they just wait till the last minute but they fill the building.

They technically sold out all last season. But I'm at every home game and can tell you that many games 100's of seats and some games 1000's of seats were empty.

Brutalis
11-01-2006, 02:02 AM
^ Pathetic.

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 02:02 AM
They technically sold out all last season. But I'm at every home game and can tell you that many games 100's of seats and some games 1000's of seats were empty.

So how do they get away with just making up attendance figures?

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 02:06 AM
So how do they get away with just making up attendance figures?

I believe there's something like corporations buyout the remaining seats right before tip to make it a technical sellout or something like that. There was a small blurb about it in a recent column in the Express-News.

ducks
11-01-2006, 08:58 AM

people want to pay to see him play :nope :nope :nope

Jimcs50
11-01-2006, 09:02 AM

Because they all know that the Spurs are finished and it will now be years of losing, until Pop is fired, and we get the #1 draft choice again.

Taco
11-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Walk up crowd

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Because they all know that the Spurs are finished and it will now be years of losing, until Pop is fired, and we get the #1 draft choice again.

That doesn't explain hundreds of empty seats in the playoffs these last few years.

ducks
11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
what do people do instead of going to the spur games

or some go bowling :wtf

LilMissSPURfect
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
what do people do instead of going to the spur games

or some go bowling :wtf

Watch em from the FRONT row @ home...Sean is hilarious and SPURS are worth watching on the tube over attending *sometimes. With surround sound blasting....its worth it. sometimes i can even smell DIRK all the way o'er here to my living room;;;its that real..(HDTV);-)

YES WE ARE SPOILED and take them for granted! I remember when we had rod strickland and terry cummings....trying to get some tix from scalpers for
games against dumb teams........ :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 10:12 AM
GAME: Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
DATE: November 3, 2006 (OPENING NIGHT)
TIP OFF: 7:00 PM
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SALE: 2,000
PRICE RANGE: $10 - $95

GAME: Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns
DATE: November 8, 2006
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SALE: 3,200

GAME: Spurs vs. New York Knicks
DATE: November 11, 2006
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SALE: 2,100

MoSpur
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I like to watch them at home because the good seats are out of my price range. I would have to buy two. I can spend that money on something I really need especially with the holidays around the corner. If I could afford good seats to every home game, I think I'd go. I am a huge fan and love going to the games in person when I get the chance, but that isn't that often.

You also have to factor in the price for parking and the price of the food and drinks.

nkdlunch
11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Is Lebronze getting his bronze medal opening nite?

dbreiden83080
11-01-2006, 02:44 PM

I am sorry i must have hit my head REALLY hard and just woke up from a damn coma. Did the Spurs not just win 63 games last year, one year removed from their 3rd title in 7 years. So unless they unloaded Duncan, Tony and Manu in the offseason i am a little confused.

Jimcs50
11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
That doesn't explain hundreds of empty seats in the playoffs these last few years.

They just have a lot of cheap bastards in SA.

They need to blackout the local tv, until the games are sold out in the playoffs, that will solve the problems.

veronicamae
11-01-2006, 03:36 PM
not everyone who buys tickets goes to the games. things come up, people change their minds.

ponky
11-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I believe there's something like corporations buyout the remaining seats right before tip to make it a technical sellout or something like that. There was a small blurb about it in a recent column in the Express-News.

This is interesting. I was shocked to find tickets on Ticketmaster during last season's Spurs/Mavs playoff matchup. I live in Austin so anytime I can take family to a Spurs game either because they're Spurs fans or they like the visiting team I'll do it, it's cheaper and tix are always available. My bro likes the Lakers/Pistons and I always get the tix for him to go down to San Antonio. One thing kind of funny though is that last season the Lakers game was sold out well before the game, haha, go figure.

mabber
11-01-2006, 04:21 PM

Exactly! It's just human nature to get spoiled from having a really good team for a long time. I'm not that excited about going to the Mav's home opener (vs. Spurs) and the Mavs haven't even won a title yet. I know it's all about the playoffs now. Of course, I'll be going to that game but just not as stoked about it as I used to be. I've read that Mav tickets (on EBay) aren't selling for very high prices to this Mav/Spur game.

ponky
11-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Exactly! It's just human nature to get spoiled from having a really good team for a long time. I'm not that excited about going to the Mav's home opener (vs. Spurs) and the Mavs haven't even won a title yet. I know it's all about the playoffs now. Of course, I'll be going to that game but just not as stoked about it as I used to be. I've read that Mav tickets (on EBay) aren't selling for very high prices to this Mav/Spur game.

It all depends on how you sell them. I had to sell my season opener tix because I can't make the game. I made out very, very well. I sell at least half of my season tickets because I live in Austin and travel frequently, can't make all the games but I do make all the playoff games. There are lots of newbie sellers with 1-10 seller ratings who don't know what they're doing on ebay. Good for the buyer!