PDA

View Full Version : Ludden: Parker injury update

Solid D
11-01-2006, 12:32 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA20061101.05C.BKNspurs.parker.2d18616.html

Web Posted: 10/31/2006 09:39 PM CST

San Antonio Express-News

Tony Parker's sprained right ankle doesn't appear to be serious, but Spurs officials still don't know if he'll be available to play in Thursday's season opener in Dallas.
Parker received treatment and did balancing exercises Tuesday but didn't practice. He is expected to test the ankle today by scripting plays and possibly participating in non-contact drills.

"We'll see if he can move on it at all," coach Gregg Popovich said. "That will start to tell the tale."

Parker rolled his ankle during practice Monday when he stepped on a teammate's foot. Popovich said the team's doctors gave Parker "a good report."

"The MRI didn't show anything ugly," Popovich said. "It's just a sprained ankle, sore.

"How much time it will take will depend mostly on pain tolerance and that kind of thing. But he definitely couldn't go out there today and cut on it."

Beno Udrih will likely start at point guard if Parker can't play. Tim Duncan said Udrih has been playing "great" since returning from a hamstring injury.

But Duncan isn't ready to rule out Parker playing Thursday.

"He's worked hard this season, and he's been tremendous throughout this training camp, and he wants to be out there," Duncan said. "I imagine if he has the option to be out there, he'll be out there."

- Johnny Ludden

theroc5
11-01-2006, 12:33 AM
great! get better tp

ashbeeigh
11-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Beno Udrih will likely start at point guard if Parker can't play.

We're doomed. None of my Beno loving crap.

:lmao, I kid.

dtk
11-01-2006, 01:08 AM
I hope TP makes the game

e_93gsx
11-01-2006, 01:29 AM
As much as I like Beno I don’t know if I really want him starting…guess it's better then Vaughn.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Here's a little clip of Pop talking about Tony's progress (it also shows Beno staying late after practice working out and some sound bytes from Tim):

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=317499

themvp
11-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Better be ready Beno!

I believe Parker will play in Dallas.

ponky
11-01-2006, 03:36 AM
"How much time it will take will depend mostly on pain tolerance and that kind of thing."

Man up and play, it's only a sprained ankle. Dirk plays on them all the time.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2006, 04:00 AM
start fukn beno!!!

Dre_7
11-01-2006, 06:12 AM
start fukn beno!!!

So you want the Spurs to lose? :lol

SpursErie
11-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Start Brent Barry at point!

smeagol
11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Trade Parker, he's injury prone.

ducks
11-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Trade Parker, he's injury prone.
:dizzy :pctoss :dizzy :nope

mrose31
11-01-2006, 09:45 AM
I say if parker is hurt we go with this starting lineup

pg Manu
sg Finley
sf Bowen
Pf Duncan
C Elson

phxspurfan
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
"How much time it will take will depend mostly on pain tolerance and that kind of thing."

Have you ever played full court basketball on one of them before? It's tough, especially as a PG. If he becomes a turnstile defender because of the pain he will be no good to us and may even re-injure it, because you know Dallas will go after him. I say give him his rest and play Vaughn/Beno in that order (vaughn with first team) because he will gain confidence that way and know he is contributing (helps for the future in case Beno or Parker get injured for real).

ducks
11-01-2006, 11:03 AM
dude I know it against dallas
but spurs have 82 games plus playoffs
there is no need to rush him back
lakers kept kobe out last night

phxspurfan
11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
spurs listen to the duck - he speaks the truth

Taco
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
If Parked Cannot Make It Thurdsay, http://www.hungry-girl.com/sectionimg/685deltacoburrito2.jpg WILL LEAD THE WAY

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Here's a little clip of Pop talking about Tony's progress (it also shows Beno staying late after practice working out and some sound bytes from Tim):

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=317499

:tu Good stuff.

elbamba
11-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I say we start this line up and make no subs:
C-Bonnor
PF-Duncan
SF-Butler
SG-Elson
PG-Oberto
how could we lose?

Fabbs
11-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Start Brent Barry at point!
Logical choice.
Perhaps Pop wants Beno to get injured so he can act all pissy again.

Jimcs50
11-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Looks like TD is ready to beat Dallas. :smokin

Good to see Ernie back at work. Hope his treatment works and he gets well soon.

Bruno
11-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Parker rolled his ankle during practice Monday when he stepped on a teammate's foot

It was on a assistant coach's foot.

CaptainLate
11-01-2006, 04:10 PM

No need taking any chances. :dizzy

Good thing FO picked up Beans' option. :elephant

T Park
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Good to see Ernie back at work. Hope his treatment works and he gets well soon.

Ernie?

Jimcs50
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Ernie?

Ernie Johnson on TNT. Watch Kori's video clip.

CaptainLate
11-01-2006, 05:00 PM
I say if parker is hurt we go with this starting lineup

pg Manu
sg Finley
sf Bowen
Pf Duncan
C Elson

Oberto will be starting.

CaptainLate
11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Have you ever played full court basketball on one of them before? It's tough, especially as a PG. If he becomes a turnstile defender because of the pain he will be no good to us and may even re-injure it, because you know Dallas will go after him. I say give him his rest and play Vaughn/Beno in that order (vaughn with first team) because he will gain confidence that way and know he is contributing (helps for the future in case Beno or Parker get injured for real).

LMAO. Yeah, bring in a guy new to the system (and who can't shoot so Dallas will back off of him...e.g., AJ in his prime) and play him with the regulars instead of the guy who's in his 3rd yr with the team and who should have been the backup PG last year.

Bruno
11-01-2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/weblogs/courtside/archives/2006/11/parker_hopeful.html

Parker hopeful for opener

Tony Parker said Wednesday his right ankle remains "pretty sore," but he's still hopeful he'll be able to play in the season opener against Dallas.

Parker, who sprained the ankle in Monday's practice, said he was having some trouble cutting and changing directions on the foot. He'll be re-evaluated at Thursday morning's shootaround during which he'll have to convince coach Gregg Popovich he's healthy enough to play.

"I think I'll be all right," Parker said." "I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

"If it feels good, I'll go. If I feel a little bit of pain, I'm not going to take any chances."

-- Johnny Ludden

wildbill2u
11-01-2006, 09:15 PM

somewhat different for a guard who depends on speed and a big forward who doesn't, don't you agree?