PDA

View Full Version : Memo for Mike D'Antoni

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Re: Lack of Defense

It didn't work in '05.
It didn't work in '06.
It didn't work at the Worlds where Coach K put you in charge of the direction of the team.
It ain't going to work in '07 either.

ponky
11-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Diaw is 1-1, jayzus! The Suns do have five guys in double digits with decent scoring but they have no D to stop the Lakers from taking it inside.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2006, 12:45 AM
What's most pathetic is that early in the game Phoenix was running motion and shredding LA. Since the first quarter ended, it's devolved into a game of one on one. The only motion offense I have seen since the 1st ended was the weave :lol (I think Sweet Georgia Brown was even playing!).

I think D'Antoni has one more year, two tops, before he gets canned.

ponky
11-01-2006, 12:55 AM
What's most pathetic is that early in the game Phoenix was running motion and shredding LA. Since the first quarter ended, it's devolved into a game of one on one. The only motion offense I have seen since the 1st ended was the weave :lol (I think Sweet Georgia Brown was even playing!).

I agree, I don't see him coming back next season. This is just like the Mavs from a couple of years back, during Nellie's time although Nash is the bright spot in the whole thing this time around.

Xylus
11-01-2006, 01:15 AM

Ha, D'Antoni is going to be the Suns' coach for a very long time. He was just upgraded to General Manager, for Christ's sake.

And I'd wait to make snap judgments about the Suns until they've played at least 10 games. Opening night and you're already predicting their doom? How idiotic can one be?

They have Kurt Thomas back, the Suns' defense will be juuuuust fine. Just like it was last year before he went down for the final 29 games of the season.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2006, 02:16 AM
he should remove the D from his name though....

ponky
11-01-2006, 03:27 AM

Ouch, that was painful....-ly funny!!!

ponky
11-01-2006, 03:30 AM
Ha, D'Antoni is going to be the Suns' coach for a very long time. He was just upgraded to General Manager, for Christ's sake.

And I'd wait to make snap judgments about the Suns until they've played at least 10 games. Opening night and you're already predicting their doom? How idiotic can one be?

They have Kurt Thomas back, the Suns' defense will be juuuuust fine. Just like it was last year before he went down for the final 29 games of the season.

The Suns actually played well in terms of offense, they had five guys in double-digits but Diaw wasn't one of them, big problem. Also, the Lakers didn't have Kobe, Kwame or Mihm and you guys still lost. They basically toyed with you guys in the paint because there's no defensive plan in place to stop them. I know it's early but it's not pre-season and it's not like the Suns weren't trying hard out there, they were!

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2006, 04:02 AM
i remembered in 04/05 season one of teh regular season games where they were up by 15pts comin into 6mins of the 3quarter, where tp dissappeared the whole game, pop puts in the bench with td, and we ended up eating up their lead to win the game by 10 or sumshit.

ata
11-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Mike no-D'Antoni would be even better :drunk

Mr. Body
11-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Suns have no interior presence at all on either end. They'll beat teams this year, but well-prepared teams will do this to them. Amare out makes it even worse.

nkdlunch
11-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Suns, like the Heat are finished.

Sportcamper
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20061101/i/r3522878483.jpg

The Suns lost the game because of the Lakers incredible hustle, dominance of the boards & masterful game plan...

tsb2000
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I had just figured that choking on a big lead was the new (sports) motto for the state of Arizona? :)

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 02:43 AM
I had just figured that choking on a big lead was the new (sports) motto for the state of Arizona? :)
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/c7fcdbef.jpg

LilMissSPURfect
11-02-2006, 08:58 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/c7fcdbef.jpg

wow! :toast

Xylus
11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
The Suns actually played well in terms of offense, they had five guys in double-digits but Diaw wasn't one of them, big problem. Also, the Lakers didn't have Kobe, Kwame or Mihm and you guys still lost. They basically toyed with you guys in the paint because there's no defensive plan in place to stop them. I know it's early but it's not pre-season and it's not like the Suns weren't trying hard out there, they were!

Exactly, it's the first damn game of the season.

Anyway, Suns looked just fine tonight. Diaw needs to get in shape, Bell's still recovering from an injury, and Stoudemire has a ways to go, but the Suns are still going to be a force.

They played against Brand and Kaman last night, a more superior frontcourt than what the Lakers have, and still won.

The_Game
11-02-2006, 08:15 PM
as always spurstalk posters jumping the gun talking about suns defence

the suns held the clips to 42% shooting in their home home, why not comments on that? it's early and suns will be bad sometimes on D but also will turn it up and get stops and win games. just because they lost they get bashed? don't see why

either the spurs or mavs will have 1 loss after tonight, doom and gloom on the way?