PDA

View Full Version : Lewis

The III
11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Rashard Lewis did not sign a contract extention , does anyone think that he's attainable ? Or am I just smokin a pipe.

Mr. Body
11-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Likely smokin. He'd want far more money than the Spurs could dole out. Surprising move on his part, though.

boutons_
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Can hit some 3Gs, a jumpshooter, but he really doesn't do much of anything else. No defense, no RBs, no ASTs, and, for his size, no real help inside on offense or defense.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Rashard Lewis did not sign a contract extention , does anyone think that he's attainable ? Or am I just smokin a pipe.

There's pretty much no way in hell the Spurs have that kind of money with any of the triplets around and any trade to get him here to give the Spurs a chance to sign him would certainly cost one of TP, TD and Manu.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Likely smokin. He'd want far more money than the Spurs could dole out. Surprising move on his part, though.

Not really that surprising. He has 2 years after this season left on his current contract. However, he can opt out of the last two years this summer. So it's not really the typical time for him to sign an extension (though he was talking about it).

Now he decided to leave it open in case he wants to opt out this summer if the team is moving, etc.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh and to answer the original poster. He is looking for a max contract and the coaches think he only gives about 65% effort. So, I don't think the Spurs would want to get rid of Tony and/or Manu to get him.

JamStone
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Can hit some 3Gs, a jumpshooter, but he really doesn't do much of anything else. No defense, no RBs, no ASTs, and, for his size, no real help inside on offense or defense.

Career 5.7 rebounds per game. Most of his career, he's been a 6-7 rpg type of guy.

Now, he's no Shawn Marion. But, for a small forward who plays mostly on the perimeter, those are solid rebounding numbers.

JamStone
11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't think Lewis will get a max contract, but I'm sure he'll be looking for at least around $12 million per year on a five year deal.

However, he has said before that he would like to be closer to home in Houston. I always thought he would go to Houston. But, with the recent things the Rockets have done, that seems unlikely as well. He would be a good fit with the Lakers or Orlando.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't think Lewis will get a max contract, but I'm sure he'll be looking for at least around $12 million per year on a five year deal.

However, he has said before that he would like to be closer to home in Houston. I always thought he would go to Houston. But, with the recent things the Rockets have done, that seems unlikely as well. He would be a good fit with the Lakers or Orlando.

I don't think that he'll get a max contract either, I just think that if he opts out that's what he's aiming for. Since he's already scheduled to make 10M next year and nearly 11M the following, he'll probably at least get a contract starting at 12M if he opts out of those 2 years.

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
He's a good player, but no way does he warrant a max contract. His game has basically evolved into him being basically a perimeter shooter only.

whottt
11-01-2006, 11:37 AM
He chokes like a bitch in the playoffs...makes Hedo look like Jordan.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
He chokes like a bitch in the playoffs...makes Hedo look like Jordan.

You know, I read that and I start imaging Hedo taking over games, barking out instructions and then getting elbowed in the head - and only a cold, blue liquid comes out of the cut.

But then, that imagination stops when my wife, Scarlett Johansson, wakes me up and asks if she can please bring Jessica Alba into our bed that night.

Anyway, that's probably the harshest comparison I've ever read, whottt, and as much as I'd like to agree with you, well, I can't (but only by a shade).

The imagery of Hedo failing to catch a pass will live on in Spurs infamy the rest of my years (and I'm young, I got a lot of years left).

adidas11
11-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Rashard Lewis does not deserve a max contract. He only has one all-star appearance to his name so far (if memory serves me correctly), and brings little more to the game than a perimeter jumpshooter and average rebounder. The Spurs should pass.

Mr. Body
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
What's with moderately talented Seattle gunners expecting huge contracts? Radman before him.

bdictjames
11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Dont hope.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
What's with moderately talented Seattle gunners expecting huge contracts? Radman before him.

Because Ray Allen demanded one and got it.

And as far Lewis goes, regardless of the Spurs having the money, I'd still pass on the guy. I've read a few accounts that say his work ethic isn't the best and they've let him get away with it in Seattle. I don't know that the Spurs would be able to break all his bad habits before Pop just strangled him.