PDA

View Full Version : who on here.......

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
will be at the game in _allas tomorrow?

Brutalis
11-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Not me.

I'd rather goto a game we have a chance at actually winning.

samikeyp
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Have fun.

bdictjames
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
It's too far from here.

Maybe around Thanksgiving or Christmas breaks.

mabber
11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I'll be there, but I live in Dallas and have season tickets.

adidas11
11-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I live in California now...don't live in Dallas anymore.

MrChug
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
will be at the game in _allas tomorrow?

Man!!! I'd go, but I don't know where it is. I googl'ed "_allas" and EVERYTHING!! :bang Dangit!!!!!!!!!

Joepa
11-01-2006, 04:41 PM
MRChug's siggy is hawt.

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM
I usually attend the games when the Spurs come to Dallas. However I've become disenchanted with the 24x7 circus atmosphere that is a regular staple at the AAC. From the "tricked up" mics on the rims, to the cheerleading PA announcer - it makes it. Who wants to see 24 fat guys dancing in cutoff T-shirts?

In fact, the Mavs game presentation has to be one of the worst in the league. Call me a purist, but all this extra shit just makes it real tough to enjoy the games. I'll just watch this one on TV.

veronicamae
11-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I usually attend the games when the Spurs come to Dallas. However I've become disenchanted with the 24x7 circus atmosphere that is a regular staple at the AAC. From the "tricked up" mics on the rims, to the cheerleading PA announcer - it makes it. Who wants to see 24 fat guys dancing in cutoff T-shirts?

In fact, the Mavs game presentation has to be one of the worst in the league. Call me a purist, but it makes it real tough to enjoy the games. It makes it real tough to enjoy the games. I'll watch this one on TV.

yeah i agree. i went to the last game in Dallas during last year's playoffs and it was definitely circus-like. everything was so over the top with the stupid animations directly attacking the players and spurs fans. their dancers are hot, though.

BeerIsGood!
11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll just wait and go to the game in SA later in the month. I can visit my parents and see the game in the same trip.

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll just wait and go to the game in SA later in the month. I can visit my parents and see the game in the same trip.

That's probably what I will do too. I believe these two teams play again the day after Thanksgiving.

AlamoSpursFan
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I'll be in _allas, but not at the game.

:depressed

Thankfully, I usually don't have much problem picking up OAI in _allas after dark. I hate the Mavs broadcast.

mabber
11-01-2006, 09:03 PM

In fact, the Mavs game presentation has to be one of the worst in the league. Call me a purist, but all this extra shit just makes it real tough to enjoy the games. I'll just watch this one on TV.

FYI...80% of the arenas have the almost exact game presentation as they do in Dallas now. Most everyone follows what Cuban does cuz he's good at marketing. I'm assuming they don't in San Antonio so be happy cuz, I agree, it's very annoying. There's just too much crap going on when play is stopped. I've been to 18 different games in different arenas in the last 3-4 years (I travel a lot) and it's the same almost everywhere.

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
FYI...80% of the arenas have the almost exact game presentation as they do in Dallas now. Most everyone follows what Cuban does cuz he's good at marketing. I'm assuming they don't in San Antonio so be happy cuz, I agree, it's very annoying. There's just too much crap going on when play is stopped. I've been to 18 different games in different arenas in the last 3-4 years (I travel a lot) and it's the same almost everywhere.

That's true. I, too, have been to several Spurs games in visiting arenas over the last 4-5 years. I admit that this circus element to game presentation is becoming more commonplace. However, it seems that the Mavs version is substantially "over the top".

I'm sure Cuban wouldn't have it any other way.

BeerIsGood!
11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I wish they would get back to primarily basketball. Even the stuff the Spurs do is too over the top for my tastes. It seems more like a show than a sport at times.

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
The Grizzlies presentation seem to be no different then. Lots of t-shirt being fired from the slingshot and a lot of lame ass Grizz commercials on the big screen display and there's always a minimum of 10 Elvis impersonators.

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 09:25 PM
The Grizzlies presentation seem to be no different then. Lots of t-shirt being fired from the slingshot and a lot of lame ass Grizz commercials on the big screen display and there's always a minimum of 10 Elvis impersonators.

Yuck. I'll take the 24 fat men the Mavs trot out onto the court instead. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Man!!! I'd go, but I don't know where it is. I googl'ed "_allas" and EVERYTHING!! :bang Dangit!!!!!!!!!
nice

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2006, 10:28 PM

True, and who is that idiot that does those cheesy mid-break "shout outs". He's whiter than Clay Aiken, but blacker than Kobe. No, I take that back. He's coffee color. Either way, he's f-ing annoying. I brave it out, but I got to support my peeps.

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 10:29 PM
nice

I thought it was nice when it was actually true.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll be in _allas, but not at the game.

:depressed

Thankfully, I usually don't have much problem picking up OAI in _allas after dark. I hate the Mavs broadcast.
But Bob Ortegel is such a master at the mic. That guy reminds me of The Sphinx on "Mystery Men".

Louie Vega
11-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Not me.

I'd rather goto a game we have a chance at actually winning.

ASS!

SenorSpur
11-02-2006, 03:40 AM
True, and who is that idiot that does those cheesy mid-break "shout outs". He's whiter than Clay Aiken, but blacker than Kobe. No, I take that back. He's coffee color. Either way, he's f-ing annoying. I brave it out, but I got to support my peeps.

You're talking about Chris Arnold. He was formerly a fairly respected sports journalist that's been in the DFW about 20+ years. He's been a field reporter for both FSN and our local ABC affiliate.

Now that he's sold out, he's considered somewhat of a joke. Consider him Dallas' answer to Crazy Lou and Cedric Ceballos, who do the same thing for both the Spurs and the Suns, respectively.

mabber
11-02-2006, 07:34 AM
You're talking about Chris Arnold. He was formerly a fairly respected sports journalist that's been in the DFW about 20+ years. He's been a field sports reported for both FSN and our local ABC affiliate.

Now that he's sold out, he's considered somewhat of a joke. Consider him Dallas' answer to Crazy Lou and Cedric Ceballos, who do the same thing for both the Spurs and the Suns, respectively.

Also, the PA announcer (Humble Billy Hayes) for the Mavs is the biggest beating on the face of the earth in my opinion.

SenorSpur
11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Also, the PA announcer (Humble Billy Hayes) for the Mavs is the biggest beating on the face of the earth in my opinion.

Yes indeed. He truly is a beating.

Word is that when Cuban bought the team, he fired the original PA announcer because he wasn't enthusiastic enough.

mabber
11-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Yes indeed. He truly is a beating.

Word is that when Cuban bought the team, he fired the original PA announcer because he wasn't enthusiastic enough.

Sometime in the middle of the 3rd quarter tonight when the Spurs are on a hot streak (or Dallas is cold), Hayes will say something retarded like "Mav fans...it's opening night against the rivaled Spurs...show the world how loud you can be...Defense...Defense"

Or something equally as stupid :lol

Cuban has everything geared toward families. All the marketing, etc. is to sell tickets to families. The corporations are going to buy their tickets regardless. That's why they have the circus atmosphere...so the kids enjoy themselves. It's just annoying to regular hoop fans who don't have kids.