PDA

View Full Version : rumblings that Magloire might be traded before the All-Star break."

ducks
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
NBA Insider: Traveling can be hazardous
Traveling can be hazardous
By DWAIN PRICE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

The first injury case stemming from competing in the world championships appears to be Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh.

The Dallas native missed half of the Raptors' preseason games because of plantar fascitis in his left heel after playing for Team USA during the summer.

Although Bosh said the injury is not a problem, the Raptors have lightened his practice load.

"We're just trying to be careful with Chris," Raptors coach Sam Mitchell said. "To be honest with you, he's going to have to deal with it probably for the whole season."

I love LA

Remember when Suns forward Tim Thomas shattered the dreams of the LA Lakers in the first round of the playoff last season, and then those of the LA Clippers in the second round, with some clutch 3-point shooting?

Well, Thomas now plays for the Clippers after joining them as a free agent during the off-season. It's made for some interesting conversations around Tinseltown.

"Laker fans would come up to me and say, 'Why did you do that to my team?'" Thomas said. "And Clipper fans would ask me why I did it to their team.

"It was funny. All over LA, people not liking me because of what I did to their teams. And I live here."

Under the radar

With Ben Wallace now with the Bulls, the Pistons have slid down the NBA meter a notch or two.

Wallace was the heart and soul of the Pistons for six seasons. But with him out of Detroit, no NBA general manager picked the Pistons to win the title this season, and Sports Illustrated has them finishing fourth in the Eastern Conference.

"That's saying something about them sportswriters out there," the Pistons' Rasheed Wallace said. "It's crazy. I like it.

"We're like, you know, underdogs. It just fits us fine. That means we don't get all the media coverage, our locker rooms are nice and calm, so it's cool for us."

Didn't he get the memo?

Someone must have forgotten to tell Blazers center Jamaal Magloire that he's in the final year of a contract that pays him $8.3 million this season.

Acquired from the Bucks in a trade over the summer, Magloire was slated to start in the middle for Portland. But he played so poorly during the preseason that Joel Przybilla will start at center, and there are already rumblings that Magloire might be traded before the All-Star break.

Is it the shoes?

Knicks guard Stephon Marbury had to miss a preseason game last week to receive a cortisone shot in his sore right foot.

Is there a correlation between that sore right foot and those $15 sneakers Marbury now endorses and wears?

"My shoe?" Marbury asked. "Nah, it's not because of my shoe."

That's cold, Coach

Warriors coach Don Nelson said interesting-looking forward Troy Murphy won't have to worry about buying a mask for Halloween.

"He'll fit right into Halloween, won't he?" Nelson asked. "He'll be able to go trick-or-treating right from practice."

ONLINE: nba.com

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/15900274.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Brutalis
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
I think he's getting washed up.

Mr. Body
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
He already is washed up. Indications are he's terribly unimpressive. Maybe just terrible.

T Park
11-01-2006, 01:28 PM
No thanks.

Isn't condusive to the NBA anymore.

Shame, dude was a great center and stud all star for the Hornets at one time.

ducks
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
well I think he might be traded for capspace

spurtime
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I've never seen someone get so much run from one all star appearance in a conference that was weak at the 5 spot.

AFBlue
11-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I've never seen someone get so much run from one all star appearance in a conference that was weak at the 5 spot.

Well said... :lol