PDA

View Full Version : Brezec out 2 weeks

ploto
11-01-2006, 06:33 PM
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) - Primoz Brezec is still feeling the effects of his busy summer.

The Charlotte Bobcats center is expected to miss the next two weeks as he recovers from exhaustion and dehydration, the team announced Wednesday.

Brezec, 27, spent the majority of his offseason helping the Slovenian national team prepare for the world championships. Due to the lack of rest, he missed a portion of training camp and sat out of three of the Bobcats' eight preseason games.

"We feel that rest is the best overall care for Primoz," team physician Dr. Joe Garcia said. "We realize the season is 82 games and five months long. With this period of rest, Primoz should be back to 100 percent strength for the remainder of the season."

Brezec appeared in 79 games with Charlotte last season, averaging 12.4 points and 5.6 rebounds.

The Bobcats can slide Emeka Okafor from power forward to center or start Melvin Ely or Jake Voskuhl in the middle.

Charlotte opens the regular season on Wednesday against the Indiana Pacers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApVKGpkCDKGVLJ_zf5BX9_G8vLYF?slug=ap-bobcats-brezec&prov=ap&type=lgns

Seems a little suspect to blame the WC when SLO's last game was almost 2 months ago. I hope they aren't overlooking something else.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Time for Sean May to break out.

Bob Lanier
11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Break a leg, butterball!

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh no... feel better Brezec. :)

timvp
11-02-2006, 02:08 AM
The Charlotte Bobcats center is expected to miss the next two weeks as he recovers from exhaustion and dehydration, the team announced Wednesday.

Are you freakin' kidding me? Two weeks because he's tired? I've never seen anything like that in any sport.

Have they not introduced Gatorade in Croatia?

Dario
11-02-2006, 09:18 AM
There is definately something going wrong there and they dont want to come clean about it.

themvp
11-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Are you freakin' kidding me? Two weeks because he's tired? I've never seen anything like that in any sport.

Have they not introduced Gatorade in Croatia?

Brezec is from Slovenia :dramaquee :rolleyes