PDA

View Full Version : timvp's Bold NBA Predictions

timvp
11-01-2006, 07:42 PM
1. The New York Knicks will make the playoffs. Most expect them to be in the Greg Oden race. But actually, they'll be in the playoff race.

2. Rudy Gay easily coasts to Rookie of the Year honors. Brandon Roy is good and Tyrus Thomas will own SportsCenter, but Gay will put up rebounds, steals and blocks at a stunning rate.

3. Deron Williams, Sebastian Telfair and Jarrett Jack will all explode onto the scene as the NBA enters a point guard rich era. Williams and Telfair will average at least 15 and 7, while Jack goes for 17 and 5.

4. Sam Mitchell will be fired and will be replaced by the NBA's first European coach. The Rockets struggle with injuries again and Jeff Van Gundy takes the fall.

5. Dwight Howard will average 20 points, 15 rebounds and 2 blocks and will be the best bigman in the Eastern Conference. Carlos Boozer will average 20 and 10 in the West and will make the All-Star team.

6. Amare Stoudemire will miss time on and off until he's declared out for the season, at which point he'll say he's thinking about retirement.

7. LeBron James will average 33 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists and will be the runaway winner of the MVP.

8. Carmelo Anthony will average 30 points and will put up better stats than anyone in the Western Conference, including Kobe.

9. Playoff seeding will be as followed:

EAST
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Chicago Bulls
3. New Jersey Nets
4. Miami Heat
5. Orlando Magic
6. Cleveland Cavaliers
7. New York Knicks
8. Washington Wizards

WEST
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Denver Nuggets
7. Utah Jazz
8. NOKC Hornets

10. The conference finals will be Spurs vs. Mavs and Bulls vs. Magic.

Spurs take it down.

:fro

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Watching Magic vs. Bulls right now, if Dwight can average 20-15, they will easily be a top 4 seed in the east.

usckk
11-01-2006, 07:46 PM
*My own predictions :) I didn't want to start a new thread.

Looking into the New Season

By usckk, UT Spurs Writer
October 27, 2006

As many of you already know, last year's season ended abruptly and very painfully. The Spurs were a shot, a foul, and a turnover away from getting into the NBA championship and even winning it all.

However, the Spurs, like always, reloads with new players without overspending. They traded Rasho Nesterovic for Matt Bonner and Eric Williams. Also, they let Nazr Mohommad go through free-agency and signed two free-agents in Butler and Elson. The pre-season is just days away, and the brand new season is about to jump-start. Thus, the following is my predictions for the upcoming season.

First of all, the center position needs to be addressed. This position had given us the most problem since losing David Robinson when he retired. In Rasho’s two years as a Spur, he had always defended well but never could get anything going offensively. As for Nazr, he was an integral part in our last championship, but the NBA has changed in the past couple of years.

Nowadays, more teams are playing small ball. Shaq’s decline in the past few years has yielded a different style of play. No longer do teams need tall, bulky big men to compete with Shaq’s team.

Teams now are more athletic and rely on dribble penetration to score. With the new defensive rules, defenses are no longer allowed to impede offensive penetration with their arms, only their bodies. Thus, many teams are taking advantage of the new rules, such as the Mavs’ dribble penetration by Devin Harris and Jason Terry. Ultimately, guard play is more important in today’s game.

However, the Spurs are also trying to go small to defend teams, such as the Mavs and Suns. Both teams have no centers, so big, lanky centers are not able to keep pace. San Antonio needs agile big men to compete with these teams. This was clearly evident in the 2006 Western Conference Finals. The Spurs could not contain Dirk Nowitzki. If they went big with Rasho or Nazr, Duncan would have to guard Dirk and allowed him to get into foul trouble.

Look for the Spurs to continue to go smaller compared to other seasons with Rasho and Nazr at center. Instead, Oberto will probably get the node to start early in the season with Duncan playing center. However, do not be surprised if Coach Pop starts Butler later in the season. In the last few years, Pop has made similar moves in starting Stephen Jackson and Tony Parker to get them experience early on.

Out of all our big men, Butler by far has the most potential. He has great post moves and has good hands, but now, he still needs to work on his team defense. Elson might also start some games. Coach Popovich will likely alternate starting centers according to match-ups. These new centers are more agile and fast, allowing to better guard players such as, Dirk Nowitzki and Amare Stoudemire,

As for the other positions, they will be similar to last season. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Bruce Bowen will continue start. However, like the Conference Finals against the Mavs, the Spurs might start Finley to help spread the court and allow Ginobili to come off the bench. Manu creates an instant spark off the bench. As always, Beno and Barry will come off the bench for their respective positions.

Look for the Spurs to start slowing early into the season. With new players at the center position, they need time to become acclimated to the Spurs system, mainly in defense. However, as always, they will catch fire after the All-Star game and take second in the Southwest Division behind the Mavs. The Spurs will likely win easily in the first round of the playoffs and will play the Mavericks or the Suns in the Conference Finals. Afterwards, they will face the Miami Heat for the Championships. Finals Prediction: Spurs win in five games.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Dwight Howard is going to blooow up this year. He's manhandling Chicago's frontline

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
1. The New York Knicks will make the playoffs. Most expect them to be in the Greg Oden race. But actually, they'll be in the playoff race.

2. Rudy Gay easily coasts to Rookie of the Year honors. Brandon Roy is good and Tyrus Thomas will own SportsCenter, but Gay will put up rebounds, steals and blocks at a stunning rate.

3. Deron Williams, Sebastian Telfair and Jarrett Jack will all explode onto the scene as the NBA enters a point guard rich era. Williams and Telfair will average at least 15 and 7, while Jack goes for 17 and 5.

4. Sam Mitchell will be fired and will be replaced by the NBA's first European coach. The Rockets struggle with injuries again and Jeff Van Gundy takes the fall.

5. Dwight Howard will average 20 points, 15 rebounds and 2 blocks and will be the best bigman in the Eastern Conference. Carlos Boozer will average 20 and 10 in the West and will make the All-Star team.

6. Amare Stoudemire will miss time on and off until he's declared out for the season, at which point he'll say he's thinking about retirement.

7. LeBron James will average 33 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists and will be the runaway winner of the MVP.

8. Carmelo Anthony will average 30 points and will put up better stats than anyone in the Western Conference, including Kobe.

EAST
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Chicago Bulls
3. New Jersey Nets
4. Miami Heat
5. Orlando Magic
6. Cleveland Cavaliers
7. New York Knicks
8. Washington Wizards

WEST
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Denver Nuggets
7. Utah Jazz
8. NOKC Hornets

Spurs take it down.

Fine, except that the Raptors will be the ones who surprise and make the play offs. Oh Coach Mitchell will be there too.

The Raptors will beat out New York- sorry Malik- and get 7th or 8th spot. They won't be swept in the first round.

Because I am curious... L.J. - what in pre season gave you such confidence in the Knicks?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2006, 08:29 PM
If by '"in the playoff race," you mean "not at all in the playoff race," then yes, the Knicks will be in the playoff race.

While I wonder about Mitchell, I can see Isiah being gone (either his choice or not) by the ASB.

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Lakers as the 4th seed? Knicks making the playoffs? Damn, those are bold predictions, Timvp...:drunk?

:lol

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
:tu :td

Solid D
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Bold, yet realistic. :tu

timvp
11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Fine, except that the Raptors will be the ones who surprise and make the play offs. Oh Coach Mitchell will be there too.

The Raptors will beat out New York- sorry Malik- and get 7th or 8th spot. They won't be swept in the first round.

Sorry but Toronto will be lucky to win 30. I just don't see it.

Because I am curious... L.J. - what in pre season gave you such confidence in the Knicks?

The Knicks have a lot of talent. In fact, they are probably a top 10 most talented team in the league. If they can play up to 75% of their potential, they are going to be good.

People like to hate on Isaih Thomas, but he might be the best domestic talent scout in the game.

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
People like to hate on Isaih Thomas, but he might be the best domestic talent scout in the game.

:lmao It's pretty easy to figure out the domestic talent in the game...however, you have to be smart enough to know which players to add and mix well and build your team around, otherwise it doesn't matter.

Starbury
Franchise
Jerome James
Eddy Curry
Jeffries

These are just a few of the "domestic talent" that Isahi has scouted....

itzsoweezee
11-01-2006, 09:13 PM
adam morrison will win ROY

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Sorry but Toronto will be lucky to win 30. I just don't see it.

The Knicks have a lot of talent. In fact, they are probably a top 10 most talented team in the league. If they can play up to 75% of their potential, they are going to be good.

We'll see what happens. I think Toronto has talent, although are right that it will come down to games and the squad being cool under pressure.
I'm not saying it will be an easy road for the Raptors.
I do think Colangelo put together a talented team and I like Coach Mitchell as their leader. Their team has an authentic chance.

I haven't followed New York. I'll have to research their squad.

From my limited knowledge two things come to mind: 1)Marbury who is obviously good but only one guy and 2) the lack of a consistency in the head coach position.
Isn't this like the team's third coach in that many years?

Even if Isaiah comes in with a great game plan- Marbury is historically not the most cooperative person on earth.
I think there is at least some reason to worry that New York's talent could go to waste due to lack of chemistry.
The team is at a cross roads; it will be interesting to see how they do.

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Darn it L.J.- I missed the end of Top Model typing that! :lol

samikeyp
11-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Those are bold statements.....I like it! :tu

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
No way Carmello puts up more ppg than Kobe

timvp
11-01-2006, 09:45 PM
:lmao It's pretty easy to figure out the domestic talent in the game...however, you have to be smart enough to know which players to add and mix well and build your team around, otherwise it doesn't matter.

Starbury
Franchise
Jerome James
Eddy Curry
Jeffries

These are just a few of the "domestic talent" that Isahi has scouted....

I'm talking about scout as in scouting the draft. Name someone who has the success rate that Isaih has in the draft. Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudemire, Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Trevor Ariza, Marcus Camby, David Lee, Jackie Butler. The list goes on and on. He's drafted well from every spot in the draft and has done so picking from the same group of players everyone else has scouted.

I never said he was a good general manager. In fact, he's pretty horrible in mixing and matching personalities and is impulsive when it comes to free agents. And it also didn't help that LB quit on the team last year.

But as a domestic draft scout, he's the best there is.

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm talking about scout as in scouting the draft. Name someone who has the success rate that Isaih has in the draft. Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudemire, Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Trevor Ariza, Marcus Camby, David Lee, Jackie Butler. The list goes on and on. He's drafted well from every spot in the draft and has done so picking from the same group of players everyone else has scouted.

I never said he was a good general manager. In fact, he's pretty horrible in mixing and matching personalities and is impulsive when it comes to free agents. And it also didn't help that LB quit on the team last year.

No doubt. However, my point was, I don't understand how him being a good domestic draft scout and having "arguably a top 10 team talent-wise" is going to help them get to the playoffs when the team is basically made up of 6 or 7 selfish guards, all with a shoot first mentality, and a center like Jerome James?

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
EDIT: Knicks may have heard Timvp's praise as they are currently kicking a Gasol-less Grizz team's butt. :lol

Mr. Body
11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Renaldo Balkman is a nice draft pick.

T Park
11-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Rasho Nesterovic, C 10 2-5 0-0 0-0 1 2 3 1 1 0 1 3 4

So much for him making a difference and the Raptors being worth a crap.

Got stomped by the Nets.

timvp
11-01-2006, 10:11 PM
No doubt. However, my point was, I don't understand how him being a good domestic draft scout and having "arguably a top 10 team talent-wise" is going to help them get to the playoffs when the team is basically made up of 6 or 7 selfish guards, all with a shoot first mentality, and a center like Jerome James?

I'll be sure to bump this thread.

:smokin

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 10:16 PM

Got stomped by the Nets.

It is too early to count anyone out- especially based upon just one game in which the score differential was ten.

T Park
11-01-2006, 10:19 PM
True, not like I saw him put up games like that consistently for 3 years as a Spur :rolleyes

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I'll be sure to bump this thread.

Same here (to prove how wrong you were...)

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
3. Deron Williams, Sebastian Telfair and Jarrett Jack will all explode onto the scene as the NBA enters a point guard rich era.So which team is Deron getting traded to?

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2006, 10:39 PM

i felt so sorry for amare last night. he looked so lost. he's on the opposing team, but he was a great player. he signed that new contract just in time.

ploto
11-01-2006, 11:04 PM

Got stomped by the Nets.
You forgot the part where Toronto outscored New Jersey by 8 with Rasho in the game but it turned once again into a small ball fest.

Pistons < Spurs
11-01-2006, 11:14 PM

EAST
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Chicago Bulls
3. New Jersey Nets
4. Miami Heat
5. Orlando Magic
6. Cleveland Cavaliers
7. New York Knicks
8. Washington Wizards

WEST
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Denver Nuggets
7. Utah Jazz
8. NOKC Hornets

Spurs take it down.

Well said. I agree with everything except:

1. Dwight won't see 15 boards. If he's lucky 13...but he will show that he is the dominant big of the future.

2. In the East, I see the Bucks being better than the Wizards. Look for them to beat them out of the last playoff spot.

3. Conference Finals will be Spurs Vs. Mavs and Pistons Vs. Nets.

Pistons and Spurs back in the Finals again.

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Pistons back in the Finals again.

:td

HeyIt'sMe
11-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Dwight owns Big Ben... he averaged 17.5 and 15.5 against him entering tonight, and that will only rise after tonight's game. He probably would of gone for 40 had the game not been such a blowout.

T Park
11-01-2006, 11:43 PM
You forgot the part where Toronto outscored New Jersey by 8 with Rasho in the game but it turned once again into a small ball fest.

3 rebounds from a guy 7 feet tall, is about as pathetic as Spursreport people bashing our forum then posting here.

Spin Spin all you want. The guy sucks.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-01-2006, 11:48 PM
A few games from Frankie as your starter will make you 4get Rasho even played in San Antonio :smokin

and i mean it was a good thing, not a bad thing :lol

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Knicks still aren't gonna make the playoffs.

ducks
11-01-2006, 11:50 PM
knicks will make the playoffs
thomas is out to prove how bad of a coach larry brown is

T Park
11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Larry Brown 1 ring.

Isaih Thomas 0.

Yup I can see how Larry Brown would be worse.

More genius from the resident waterhead.

A few games from Frankie as your starter will make you 4get Rasho even played in San Antonio

and i mean it was a good thing, not a bad thing

You better be freakin right.

I've been echoing your sentiments and been getting nothing but grief!!!

SequSpur
11-01-2006, 11:54 PM
New York is not making the playoffs. And btw Malik Rose is not an allstar in the East Conference either.

Pistons < Spurs
11-01-2006, 11:54 PM
knicks will make the playoffs
thomas is out to prove how bad of a coach larry brown is

Agreed. And the players also want to show up LB.

Like LJ said, that team has tons of talent. LB was too stubborn in trying to make the players play the way he liked as opposed to allowing them to play to their strengths. Isiah is a guard first guy, and will find a way for all of them to excel.

ducks
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Larry Brown 1 ring.

Isaih Thomas 0.

yeah half way thru the season joe dumors pulled a miracle for lb to get sheed
otherwise no title for lb

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
New York is not making the playoffs. And btw Malik Rose is not an allstar in the East Conference either.

Malik is a DNP allstar

NuGGeTs-FaN
Larry Brown 1 ring.

Isaih Thomas 0.

I dont know what people here expect from him but for a 30 year old Center at $3mil (is that right?) a year, you cant expect too much.

Frankie will be better on a more consistent basis than the last two clowns you had. He wont whine, he will do what is asked and fit nicely into whatever role is defined for him.

If Pop wants him to wear a dress and serve drinks to the rest of the team then he will do it :lol

Pop has nothing but praise for him so far and he is the one who gets to see him day in and day out.

I wish you had taken Dermarr as well coz i think Pop can use certain players better than GK.

FromWayDowntown
11-01-2006, 11:57 PM
3 rebounds from a guy 7 feet tall, is about as pathetic as Spursreport people bashing our forum then posting here.

Spin Spin all you want. The guy sucks.

Does that make you a flip-flopper? or was your original opinion of the guy just evidence that you are a homer?

T Park
11-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Does that make you a flip-flopper? or was your original opinion of the guy just evidence that you are a homer?

I was wrong about the guy when he came.

I admitted it two years ago.

What the heck else do you want from me.

God.

T Park
11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
I wish you had taken Dermarr as well coz i think Pop can use certain players better than GK.

I wish the Spurs had Demarr Johnson as well.

I said for a long time he is the missing long 3.

whottt
11-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Larry Brown 1 ring.

Isaih Thomas 0.

Isiah's got two rings...

And had more to do with his than LB did with getting his.

FromWayDowntown
11-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I was wrong about the guy when he came.

I admitted it two years ago.

What the heck else do you want from me.

God.

Just a little turnabout (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1219842&postcount=30)

T Park
11-02-2006, 12:27 AM
FWD what do you want out of me.

I was wrong. I admit it.

Once again.

What do you want from me?

Blood?

Christ fucking sakes.

T Park
11-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Isiah's got two rings...

And had more to do with his than LB did with getting his.

Larry Brown as a coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isaih as a coach.

That simple.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Larry Brown as a coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isaih as a coach.

That simple.

Isiah coaching Knicks >>>>>>>>> Larry Brown coaching the Knicks

slayermin
11-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Dwight Howard is a monster. Orlando has all the pieces to make a run.

phxspurfan
11-02-2006, 01:28 AM
No way Carmello puts up more ppg than Kobe

agreed. and amare will not even think about retirement. in fact, he will be well-coached and brought along slowly enough to make a decent year for fantasy people and contribute to the suns...

J.T.
11-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Spurs will be 2nd seed in the West, but will have Finals HCA, and will beat the Mavs in a shocking 5 game conference final making Dirk and AJ look very much like the pussies they, deep down, know they are. Spurs over bulls in six. Then we get crunk all up and down that ugly, muddy piece of shit we call a riverwalk.

While I'm at it, Brady throws 2 INT and gets sacked 4 times and Manning throws 884 yards as the Colts beat the fuck out of the Pats on Sunday. I only bring that up because that's just what happened in a tight ass game of Madden 07 I played.

gospursgojas
11-02-2006, 03:40 AM

:lol :lol :lol

:tu

:dramaquee

Who cares?

Easily

:td Still way too young.

:td Melo will be alot better, but not that good. Don't let his play against Euros get you all excited

Spurs take it down.
:clap :downspin: :clap :downspin: :clap :downspin:

Kibic
11-02-2006, 06:42 AM

That simple.
Yeah. As a coach you don't have to dribble the ball. :)
T Park could be a good coach. Ah, ha, ha.... Simple one .....aha, ha, ha....

Dalhoop
11-02-2006, 07:20 AM
I like all the predictions ... except for the last line :)

z0sa
11-02-2006, 11:42 AM
no way Detroit gets first seed in the east.

No way.

Spurminator
11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I actually agree with the Carmelo prediction.... The Nuggets will be running a lot this year and may score more PPG than the Suns.

Spurminator
11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
I think Brandon Roy will be ROY though. Thanks to the League Pass Free Preview I got to watch him play last night, and he looked like a veteran.

mabber
11-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Dwight Howard is going to blooow up this year. He's manhandling Chicago's frontline

He's gonna be awesome! He made Ben Wallace look like a rookie last night.

Medvedenko
11-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, well, well...Melo putting up better #'s than Kobe...who cares if he does, the Lakers should still win more games. Still, I don't see it. The west is going to come down to injuries, it's that simple. Dwight Howard is great, however not many centres in the L today :see A Bynum.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2006, 04:57 PM

If last night was anything to go by then i think TIMVP is on a winner :lol

Melo 36points/6boards/8dimes/3steals/1block

and it still turned into a loss :dramaquee

tlongII
11-09-2006, 05:36 PM

EAST
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Chicago Bulls
3. New Jersey Nets
4. Miami Heat
5. Orlando Magic
6. Cleveland Cavaliers
7. New York Knicks
8. Washington Wizards

WEST
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Denver Nuggets
7. Utah Jazz
8. NOKC Hornets

Spurs take it down.

Bold? Yes.

Accurate? No.

wildbill2u
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM

How's Isaiah's record when picking from 29th place?

timvp
11-09-2006, 06:02 PM
How's Isaiah's record when picking from 29th place?

He picked David Lee at 30 last year and all he's doing is averaging 7.6 points and 9.3 rebounds while averaging less than 24 minutes per game.

picnroll
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
fwiw At the game last night White was next to Engelland behind the bench. Engelland was pointing things out constantly and White looked pretty focused. He was pretty excited at the end.

boutons_
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
"He was pretty excited at the end."

who wasn't? :lol

picnroll
11-09-2006, 06:46 PM
wrong thread. But D'Antoni looked more pO'd than anything else.

Zunni
11-09-2006, 07:48 PM
wrong thread. But D'Antoni looked more pO'd than anything else.
That's going to happen a lot when they play us. The have no real post game or post game defense.

Solid D
12-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Bump :fro

timvp may not have been so crazy about the Knicks, if they keep beating quality teams in multiple OTs. The Knicks are 1 game out of 1st place in the hapless Atlantic Division.

http://www.nba.com/media/FryeBallin400.jpg

I still think the notion is whack because with Isaiah at the helm....like SNL's Rosanne Rosanna Danna used to say "It's always something".

If the Knicks make it, I will have to bust out with a Rosanna Danna-ism myself.
"Never-mind!"

boutons_
12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
"quality teams in multiple OTs"

only @MSG. Knicks still suck in general. The OT games are great crowd pleasers for the MSG crowd, but I don't think they mean anything significant for the Knicks season.

The Knicks are still 4 GB of EC 8th playoff spot. Unless one of 6-8th playoff teams gets killed with injuries, I don't see the Knicks in the playoffs.

timvp
12-28-2006, 01:48 PM

only @MSG. Knicks still suck in general. The OT games are great crowd pleasers for the MSG crowd, but I don't think they mean anything significant for the Knicks season.

The Knicks are still 4 GB of EC 8th playoff spot. Unless one of 6-8th playoff teams gets killed with injuries, I don't see the Knicks in the playoffs.

Uh ... all we have to do is win the Atlantic Division and we're in the playoffs.

Solid D
12-28-2006, 01:50 PM
boutons, you of all people, should know the value of winning the Division title! :lol

Mr. Body
12-28-2006, 01:53 PM

Nets have imploded. Philly is done. Boston - yeah right. All the Knicks have to do is knock out Toronto and they're in.

The Knicks weren't winning at home early in the year, now they have the fortitude to grind out OT games there. The fight vs. Denver managed to pull the team together, behind Jared Jeffries sticking up for his teammate, and knocked some players out of commission long enough to establish a rotation. Whether Isiah has the guts to bench guys to shorten the line-up remains to be seen, but this is a team with a lot more talent than people will admit, and Thomas's philosophy lately of filling the blanks between his haunted chuckers with tough, scrappy fighters like Balkman, Jeffries, and Lee, is paying off pretty well. He gets a lot of reflexive hate, but there's a pretty nice team inside the wreckage, and it's emerging at the moment.

SequSpur
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Nets are on cruise control. They will win 10 games in a row.

Mr. Body
12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Nets are on cruise control. They will win 10 games in a row.

Without a big man? I don't think so.

MrChug
12-28-2006, 02:09 PM

Mike D'Antoni was the leagues first "Europen coach". Italian legend. Head coach for 2 different stints.

Kori Ellis
12-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Mike D'Antoni was the leagues first "Europen coach". Italian legend. Head coach for 2 different stints.

I think LJ meant a coach that was from Europe. D'Antoni is from West Virginia.

MrChug
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
I think LJ meant a coach that was from Europe. D'Antoni is from West Virginia.

Ohhh...:lmao Well, then yeah...I guess I could see it. After D'Antoni was singlehandedly credited for "changing the game" 2 years ago with his "European Offense". Oh well...

polandprzem
12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Uh ... all we have to do is win the Atlantic Division and we're in the playoffs.

Not necessery

ShoogarBear
12-28-2006, 04:38 PM
You win the division, you're in the playoffs.

boutons_
12-28-2006, 04:45 PM
ok, so winning Atl div is a playoffs backdoor for the Knicks, but I still think they will not get past stronger Raps for the division.