PDA

View Full Version : How reading this make you feel as a Spurs Fan

carib
11-01-2006, 08:36 PM
The Spurs and Mavs played one of the best playoff series in years, and possibly the best ever in the second round, with Dallas pulling it out in overtime of Game 7 in San Antonio. The Spurs seemed to have it won until Manu Ginobili shocked everyone by fouling Dirk Nowitzki on a drive to the basket, letting the big German sink the tying free throw at the end of the fourth quarter.

The subplots were as terrific as the games. There were built-in storylines like Mavs coach Avery Johnson's close ties to the Spurs and longtime Dallas star Michael Finley now playing for San Antonio. Others developed, from Mavericks guard Jason Terry getting suspended one game for punching Finley to Cuban making fun of San Antonio's River Walk.

Dallas went on to beat Phoenix to become Western Conference champions for the first time

It hurts my soul reading this article, but it’s a new year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiQzFeItutNkYqDuK5a2MpG8vLYF?slug=ap-spurs-mavericks&prov=ap&type=lgns

angel_luv
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Dallas went on to beat Phoenix to become Western Conference champions for the first time

Yea and that is all they did. :lol

btw- according to the news tonight, Mark Cuban says the Mavs are postponing raising their WCF banner because " opening night is a celebration in and of itself."

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
I rewind that 3-point play sequence from Game 7 in my mind all the time and have done so all summer - and it still hurts like hell. Even more so than Derek Fisher's .04 shot in 2004. Because if Manu doesn't commit that foul, we're on our way to the Finals with a reasonably good chance to beat Miami.

The only way to cure this pain will be for them to run through the West (Dallas included) and win it all this year. I can only imagine what Manu must be thinking.

The one consolation for me was to see Dallas meltdown in the Finals. Living here in Dallas, I took great delight in witnessing the pain and disappointment from the local-yokels just when they thought they had the championship wrapped up.

theroc5
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
it hurts still no doubt about it...the only thing i can think of that would cure it, is winning the title this yr.
in the mean time, we gotta work on the best record in the nba and sweep dallas.

carib
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Even more so than Derek Fisher's .04 shot in 2004.

I know what you are saying that shot was just luck, but the foul from Ginobili on Dirk I just do not know what to say.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2006, 09:31 PM
As a Spurfan, it makes me feel like the font for your link is too big.

SPURS vs NBA media
11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
The Spurs and Mavs played one of the best playoff series in years, and possibly the best ever in the second round, with Dallas pulling it out in overtime of Game 7 in San Antonio. The Spurs seemed to have it won until Manu Ginobili shocked everyone by fouling Dirk Nowitzki on a drive to the basket, letting the big German sink the tying free throw at the end of the fourth quarter.

The subplots were as terrific as the games. There were built-in storylines like Mavs coach Avery Johnson's close ties to the Spurs and longtime Dallas star Michael Finley now playing for San Antonio. Others developed, from Mavericks guard Jason Terry getting suspended one game for punching Finley to Cuban making fun of San Antonio's River Walk.

dirk getting the calls in game 3 and 4 at the end of the ball game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiQzFeItutNkYqDuK5a2MpG8vLYF?slug=ap-spurs-mavericks&prov=ap&type=lgns

bendmz
11-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Guess some of you folks did not get the memo; " NO WHINNING " new rule this year....
"FORWARD !!!!GUNG HO GUNG HO !!!!! GO SPURS GO !!!!!! :clap

makedamnsure
11-01-2006, 10:11 PM
The one consolation for me was to see Dallas meltdown in the Finals. Living here in Dallas, I took great delight in witnessing the pain and disappointment from the local-yokels just when they thought they had the championship wrapped up.

After taking so much crap from Mavs fans, it was the absolute best thing (besides actually beating them ourselves) to see them crying after losing a 2-0 lead in the finals and having Wade raping them on their homecourt.

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 10:13 PM
lawl

SenorSpur
11-01-2006, 10:26 PM
After taking so much crap from Mavs fans, it was the absolute best thing (besides actually beating them ourselves) to see them crying after losing a 2-0 lead in the finals and having Wade raping them on their homecourt.

Spurs loss in Game 7 of WCSF - Disappointing
Mavs meltdown in Games 3-6 of NBA Finals - Priceless

:elephant

lefty
11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
:flag:

TMTTRIO
11-01-2006, 11:24 PM
The only way to cure this pain will be for them to run through the West (Dallas included) and win it all this year. I can only imagine what Manu must be thinking.
Yeah the way our season ended still hurts and I can't imagine how it affected. I bet Manu wasn't really thrilled about coming back to SA after the way things ended for him and I bet now he wants to stay out of the spotlight if he can. I think he's going to have a much better year this year and he'll come up big in the playoffs.

spursparker9
11-01-2006, 11:57 PM
in game 3 and 4, the spurs should have won if not for the bad calls by the refs....

J.T.
11-02-2006, 01:12 AM
btw- according to the news tonight, Mark Cuban says the Mavs are postponing raising their WCF banner because " opening night is a celebration in and of itself."

translation: spurs are gonna shit on our parade so we're putting it off for a game we can win.

Except I heard they're doing it against Golden State because Nelly is coming back...only GS tapped their ass like 3 out of 4 games in the season series last year. I'd do it against Charlotte or NY.

dbreiden83080
11-02-2006, 01:39 AM

It is a huge what if that just tortures a Spurs fan. I mean Manu had a great 2nd half in what was otherwise a poor series for him. If he lets Dirk go we are up 1 with under 24 sec to play. Now Dallas has to foul and with the exception of Manu, Finley, Barry and a few others we are a pretty poor FT shooting team. Conversely Dallas is a very good 3pt shooting team so to say it was over is inaccurate. What crushed me the most was that Timmy gave all he had. Guy was out there on one damn foot giving us 40 plus pts and 15 reb in game 7. Hell they had to strap him to an IV after the game. The Spurs were in pretty good position to win the game and Manu fouled up in that spot. Hopefully he comes back with a vengeance this year.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Manu hit the three to put them up. I'll take Manu being aggressive a hundred times out of a hundred and live with the mistakes. Just because it happened at the end of the game doesn't mean it's the only thing the Spurs could have done differently.

LilMissSPURfect
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Manu hit the three to put them up. I'll take Manu being aggressive a hundred times out of a hundred and live with the mistakes. Just because it happened at the end of the game doesn't mean it's the only thing the Spurs could have done differently.

EXACTLY
I'll take manu 101 outta 100 times all over again....

Cherry
11-02-2006, 01:04 PM

:clap :tu

mabber
11-02-2006, 01:55 PM

Mav marketing department says it's to acknowledge Nellie as part of it since he'll be in town with the Warriors. With all the hatred that there appears to be between Nellie & Cuban, I think it's just to rub Nellie's nose in it.

Either way, what does it matter when they do it? It's not that big of a deal to me. If will be if they ever raise a title banner.