PDA

View Full Version : Question to Ponder...

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Are the Cavs like the Suns of the East? Meaning, a team that is overhyped by the media and fans as having a legit chance to be the 2006-2007 NBA Champions, yet in reality will be lucky to make it out of the second round of the playoffs?

I think so.

ShoogarBear
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Cavs last year had a legitimate shot at beating the Pistons, and in fact if they had a clue about boxing out on the defensive boards they would have.

Of course, at that time we didn't realize how vulnerable the Pistons really were.

I think LeBron will need one more All-Star caliber player (Larry Hughes ain't it) to win it all, but I think the East is wide open.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-01-2006, 11:57 PM
This Cavs won't do anything until they find a point guard better than Snow or Damon Jones

ducks
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
mike brown teaches d
suns do not teach d

mike brown needs help with the o though
so no the cavs and the suns are not alike

Bob Lanier
11-02-2006, 12:04 AM
The problem is that Mike Brown doesn't have the personnel to consistently play effective D.

Snow = well above-average defender
Hughes = hugely overrated gambler
James = one of the worst at his position
Gooden = one of the worst at his position
Ilgauskas = one of the worst at his position

Pistons < Spurs
11-02-2006, 12:19 AM
The Cavs are nothing but hype. It makes me laugh everytime I see some expert pick them as a top 1 or 2 team in the East. No doubt Bron' is the man. but he ain't gonna do it by himself. As long as Damon and Snow are the main PG's they will struggle, and fail to reach that next level.

Alot of this hype was generated because the Pistons needed 7 to beat them in the semis last year. I give the Cavs respect and props for hanging in there, but the fact of the matter is that the Pistons were not playing as themselves. They didn't play like they did during the regular season. The Cavs didn't find some magical way of stopping us. We simply didn't show up. Blame it on fatigue from playing the starters too many minutes...blame it on cockiness...but don't mistake it for the Cavs being close to the same talent level as the Pistons had last year.

In game 1 we beat them by what 25?30? That was much more typical of how those games should have gone. game 2 we also had a 20+ point lead till both teams put in the scrubs.

As homerish as it may sound I strongly believe that series went 7 games more because of Detroit's stupidity rather than Cleveland being close to truly contending. We should have swept them. And if we did, you wouldn't be hearing all this crap about them taking the next step and reaching the Finals.

Bron is great. And Hughes, Gooden and Z are nice compliments...but they still need more. I give them top 4,5 or 6 in the East, but not much more than that.

ALVAREZ6
11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Are the Cavs like the Suns of the East? Meaning, a team that is overhyped by the media and fans as having a legit chance to be the 2006-2007 NBA Champions, yet in reality will be lucky to make it out of the second round of the playoffs?

I think so.
I must disagree. The Cavs are the top 3 team in the East, and I think it's a toss up between the Bulls and the Cavs. One or the other will come out of the east. I wouldn't really call the Cavs hype anymore.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
They are like the Suns because they are overhyped and they will never win a championship with the Mavs and Spurs tearin' it up. :smokin The Cavs will make the Conference Finals and MAYBE the Finals but they won't win as long as Dallas and we have our core together.