PDA

View Full Version : Sheed Ejected...

SoCalSpursFan
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
If you didn't know already...Sheed was ejected for 2 T's in the season opener.

Memo to Refs before the Game...?

--------
re: Rasheed Wallace

Eject Him.

-David Stern

--------

1Parker1
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
What'd he get the two techs for? Complaining to the refs?

SoCalSpursFan
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Ya....arguing calls...

Marklar MM
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
What'd he get the two techs for? Complaining to the refs?

Probably. But he does tend to get some cool ones. Smiling, laughing, sitting down on the bench after being taken out of the game for a while.

JamStone
11-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Really, is anyone really surprised?

LMAO

himat
11-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Really, is anyone really surprised?

LMAO

No, but I'm surprised at why he got them. The refs completely overreacted the first time, and Sheed wasn't even talking to the refs the second time. (he called the red a deaf bitch after being ejected.)

ducks
11-01-2006, 11:36 PM
if he did he should be suspened

boutons_
11-02-2006, 12:14 AM
he's a loser, needs professional help, a great talent with a wasted career.

stretch
11-02-2006, 12:24 AM
he was the turning point on a team that pulled one of the biggest upsets in Finals history. i wouldnt call that a loser with a wasted career. hes made some dumb mistakes, but hes accomplished a lot more than many players in the NBA. he has a ring, something that legends like Barkley and Malone dont have.

boutons_
11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
stretch gets plonked.

Sheed has the talent to have a career easily a candidate for HoF. Size, shooting, athleticism, defense (ask Tim Duncan), rebounding, he's the complete pkg with a fucked up head and bad work ethic. an asshole. another fucking balla, dime a dozen.

JamStone
11-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Just for you guys who didn't see the game, Rasheed's first tech was called after he was called for a foul and he had the wide-eyed shocked look like he didn't do anything and kind of held his hands up as if he was saying, "what did I do?" HOWEVER, he didn't even say anything to any of the officials before getting whistled. The second tech was called after he clearly fouled Charlie Villanueva, but before that happened, Villanueva elbowed Sheed in what looked like his "groin" to clear Sheed out. Sheed thought the elbow should have been called for an offensive foul clear out. But, that's not why he got T'd up. He was yelling out in general how we was gonna start "throwing bows."

So, yeah, Sheed has an attitude. And, yeah, it's funny even to me as a Pistons fan that he got ejected in GAME 1 of the regular season. But, this no tolerance rule is bullshit foreal. I mean, even if the official's call is obviously and overtly wrong when the NBA views it after the fact, the player with a legit right to be upset about it might already be out of the game, changing the course of that game.

Watch out for players that even just shrug their shoulders as if to say "what I do?" KG, Timmy, Cassell, Francis, Manu, JO, among others will all have to watch how they react even if it's not their intent to show up the refs. Zero tolerance is really fucking bullshit.

I'm still laughing that Sheed did get ejected. It's so fitting to prove Stern wants to be a dictator. NBA.com for COMmunism.

JamStone
11-02-2006, 12:41 AM
stretch gets plonked.

Sheed has the talent to have a career easily a candidate for HoF. Size, shooting, athleticism, defense (ask Tim Duncan), rebounding, he's the complete pkg with a fucked up head and bad work ethic. an asshole. another fucking balla, dime a dozen.

Fucked up head might be accurate.

Bad work ethic, extremely doubtful.

Asshole, nope, only to officials and fans of opposing teams that don't even know the guy.

Another misrepresentation of a guy that is actually one of the better guys in the league.

His tirades on the court are a result of his passion. Are they justifiable? Not really. But, more players should want to win like Rasheed instead of playing basketball for the fame and the paycheck. Players that get in trouble with officials are usually the most passionate about winning.

He can't control his temper. And, he says stupid shit on the basketball court. But, that doesn't make him an asshole. And, that doesn't mean he has a poor work ethic.

Pistons < Spurs
11-02-2006, 12:48 AM

Asshole, nope, only to officials and fans of opposing teams that don't even know the guy.

Another misrepresentation of a guy that is actually one of the better guys in the league.

His tirades on the court are a result of his passion. Are they justifiable? Not really. But, more players should want to win like Rasheed instead of playing basketball for the fame and the paycheck. Players that get in trouble with officials are usually the most passionate about winning.

He can't control his temper. And, he says stupid shit on the basketball court. But, that doesn't make him an asshole. And, that doesn't mean he has a poor work ethic.

I couldn't have said it any better.

I used to hate Sheed. I thought he was nothing more than a weed smokin bad attitude thug who was wasting away all of his god given talent.

That was when I only saw him from afar.

As soon as he joined the Pistons and you saw the interviews, and heard the other players comments about him, it suddenly dawned on me that he is quite misunderstood.

Yes he's a knucklehead. Yes he has a big mouth that gets him in trouble. But beneath all that, he's an unbelievable teamate. Listen to any of his teamates. Past or present. You'll hear nothing but how unselfish and supportive he is. You'll hear how much he loves the game and isn't looking for individual attention or accolades. He simply plays for the game and his team. If only all players had that attitude!

stretch
11-02-2006, 01:27 AM

agreed. just because hes arguementative on the court, doesnt mean hes a bad person, or doesnt work hard or anything like that. hes always known to be a great teammate, and people that know him, love him.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 02:23 AM
I love zero tolerance. I'll still love it if Duncan gets tossed tomorrow night. The players need to knock that crybaby shit off.

G-Money
11-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I love zero tolerance. I'll still love it if Duncan gets tossed tomorrow night. The players need to knock that crybaby shit off.

I disagree. I mean i respect thats how you feel but I think if a player doesn't feel that call was the right call, why shouldn't he be able to talk to the ref about it or be able to show emotion? Thats one thing that made the game good. Zero tolerance has to be one of the dumbest things Iv ever seen in the NBA.

Fabbs
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I disagree. I mean i respect thats how you feel but I think if a player doesn't feel that call was the right call, why shouldn't he be able to talk to the ref about it or be able to show emotion? Thats one thing that made the game good. Zero tolerance has to be one of the dumbest things Iv ever seen in the NBA.

Exactly. Zero accountability for refs.
Yes, reduce the player whining. While improving the reffing.

clambake
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Zero tolerance will be Sheeds most daunting challenge. Recipe for failure. His self-control will be as important as his game. Let's see if he can mature.

AFBlue
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
That's funny, though not surprising. And it certainly isn't the last time he, or any other player for that matter, will be tossed. Didn't Mike Bibby get tossed yesterday too? And he's far from a hot-head.

The bottom line is that the players have known and should know that this change is coming and they should (and will) adapt.

Kermit
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
the only accountability the refs have is to the league office, not to the players. stop crying, the call is not going to be reversed, and play the fucking game. i, for one, am glad that stern has dictated that the crying be cleaned up.

objective
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
The refs will still give deferential treatment to who they want. Nash the other night was called for a travel and then showed up the ref by purposfly bouncing the ball right in front of the ref like they way you would to show a child what dribbling is, Nash was being a baby about it.

But the ref just took the ball. Lebron and Wade and maybe Dirk will still get away with things.

JamStone
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
i, for one, am glad that stern has dictated that the crying be cleaned up.

Appropriated word.

Fabbs
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Appropriated word.
:blah No doubt. That the refs are allowed to be unaccountable to anyone but *the league* simply assures the continued bogus favoritism and altered games continue.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Stern is running this league like it's his own personal little gestapo.
What the hell is he going to try and pull next?

Marklar MM
11-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Stern is running this league like it's his own personal little gestapo.
What the hell is he going to try and pull next?

Alternate jerseys for his "Superstars". This way, you cannot go near them.

nkdlunch
11-02-2006, 02:18 PM
next year the refs will be allowed to carry a whip. and use it if any player gets out of line.

AFBlue
11-02-2006, 03:25 PM
What's wrong with what Stern is doing?

Is everyone up in arms about the NFL players who get fined or told constantly to pull up their socks??? The NFL, aka the "No Fun League", enjoys WILD success and great TV ratings because the game is clean cut and does not tolerate misbehavior on the field as well as off of it.

David Stern is doing proactive things to improve the image of the game of Basketball because it took such a downturn after the Michael Jordan era. He needs his stars to be goodwill ambassadors to the public and international community. He needs them to dress and act professionally. That begins where he can control it...on the court.

Personally, I applaud David Stern for trying to improve the image of his league and modeling it after the premier professional sport league in the world...the NFL.

Would you rather him be like Bud Selig, who couldn't make a decision if the league depended on it?

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 06:01 PM
I understand your point, however talking to the ref is one thing. Showing emotion is one thing. Throwing your arms in the air demonstratively or showing up the ref is another thing. Nash should have gotten a tech for dribbling the ball facetiously at the ref. The Nuggets and Suns are really good at playing to their home crowds any time there's a whistle, and the league should have put a stop to it a long time ago, so it's going to look harsh for a while until it gets under control.

I've never seen a ref whistle a guy for a foul, have the guy throw his arms in the air in a big theatrical shrug, and seen the referee respond by saying, "Oh, because of your reaction you must not have committed a foul. My mistake. Inadvertent whistle!" Until that happens, the players need to shut the fuck up already.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Exactly. Zero accountability for refs.
Yes, reduce the player whining. While improving the reffing.

In case you haven't noticed, the players bitch and moan after good calls and bad calls alike. So is it acceptable to complain whenever you want? Regardless of whether it was a bad call or not? It's out of control and this new rule should have been implemented years ago.

G-Money
11-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I understand your point, however talking to the ref is one thing. Showing emotion is one thing. Throwing your arms in the air demonstratively or showing up the ref is another thing. Nash should have gotten a tech for dribbling the ball facetiously at the ref. The Nuggets and Suns are really good at playing to their home crowds any time there's a whistle, and the league should have put a stop to it a long time ago, so it's going to look harsh for a while until it gets under control.

I've never seen a ref whistle a guy for a foul, have the guy throw his arms in the air in a big theatrical shrug, and seen the referee respond by saying, "Oh, because of your reaction you must not have committed a foul. My mistake. Inadvertent whistle!" Until that happens, the players need to shut the fuck up already.

Thats the thing ,some players can't just shut the fuck up. What if this shit went on during a very intense game and a wrong call is made on someone. That guy is going to say something and get emotional but with these rules he will be T'ed up. I just find it stupid that they will just T you up for almost everything now.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 10:42 PM
[/B]

Thats the thing ,some players can't just shut the fuck up. What if this shit went on during a very intense game and a wrong call is made on someone. That guy is going to say something and get emotional but with these rules he will be T'ed up. I just find it stupid that they will just T you up for almost everything now.

So, do you think that they should just go back to letting the players show up the refs after every call? Do you think it is OK that the players were complaining after good calls and bad calls alike?

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
[/B]

I think you've been watching Rasheed for too long and it's screwed up your perspective.

BTW, every player CAN shut the fuck up. The question is, WILL they shut the fuck up.

AFBlue
11-03-2006, 10:07 AM
I think you've been watching Rasheed for too long and it's screwed up your perspective.

BTW, every player CAN shut the fuck up. The question is, WILL they shut the fuck up.

Most will, as they learn the tendencies of the various officials, but I think some will continue to be "volatile" and I think, however unfair, there will continue to be bias against players with that "volatile" rep, a la 'sheed and artest.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Most will, as they learn the tendencies of the various officials, but I think some will continue to be "volatile" and I think, however unfair, there will continue to be bias against players with that "volatile" rep, a la 'sheed and artest.
I'm puzzled with the word "bias". If Rasheed "continues to be volatile" he's going to get whistled, because them's the rules. If he has a bad reputation to live down he's the one responsible for it, and if referees who have been embarassed by him for years hold a grudge, it's 'sheed's job to start mending those fences. I suppose the league can shoulder some of the blame for not enforcing the rules and letting the players get so goddamn whiny, but in the end it's on the players.

AFBlue
11-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm puzzled with the word "bias". If Rasheed "continues to be volatile" he's going to get whistled, because them's the rules. If he has a bad reputation to live down he's the one responsible for it, and if referees who have been embarassed by him for years hold a grudge, it's 'sheed's job to start mending those fences. I suppose the league can shoulder some of the blame for not enforcing the rules and letting the players get so goddamn whiny, but in the end it's on the players.

I agree that he certainly earned the reputation and that it's on him to be genuinely contrite, but my point was to say that he will certainly be held to a higher standard than others because of that reputation. And you know as well as I do that it would take a great deal of maturity to begin that long journey to earning respect....maturity that Rasheed Wallace does not possess.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I agree that he certainly earned the reputation and that it's on him to be genuinely contrite, but my point was to say that he will certainly be held to a higher standard than others because of that reputation. And you know as well as I do that it would take a great deal of maturity to begin that long journey to earning respect....maturity that Rasheed Wallace does not possess.
Sounds to me like he'd be exceeding expectations just to be held to the same standard as everyone else and not lead the league in ejections. If he can't follow the rules he can go get work with Sprewell.

G-Money
11-03-2006, 04:45 PM
So, do you think that they should just go back to letting the players show up the refs after every call? Do you think it is OK that the players were complaining after good calls and bad calls alike?

My point is, they are calling it way to tight. They call a tec just for putting your arms in the air. I mean sheed should have only had one tec cause the first time he didn't do anything. Im not saying they should complaine after every call, but Rasheed gets a lot of bad calls gone his way and I think he should have the right to say somthing.

G-Money
11-03-2006, 04:48 PM

No they can't. Just because you think they can just shut the fuck up doesnt mean they can. Its their personaility. Not everyone is the same, so people can just let it go and some people when they feel somthings not right they will say somthing and I think they should be able to. Am I saying screaming at the ref? No, that deserves a tec but you should be able to be able to put your hands up or shrug or talk to the ref about a call.

AFBlue
11-03-2006, 04:56 PM
No they can't. Just because you think they can just shut the fuck up doesnt mean they can. Its their personaility. Not everyone is the same, so people can just let it go and some people when they feel somthings not right they will say somthing and I think they should be able to. Am I saying screaming at the ref? No, that deserves a tec but you should be able to be able to put your hands up or shrug or talk to the ref about a call.

The bottom line is that two seasons ago, the NBA hit a low point with the brawl in Detroit. The players' emotions weren't kept in check and that brawl was a bi-product of the players exercising unchecked agression. The commissioner wants to foster a competitive, but safe/non-violent environment, and he certainly never wants to see something like that happen again. So whether certain people have the "ability" to control their frustrations and anger, they will be held accountable regardless....and the NBA is all the better for it.

AFBlue
11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
this is a junk message...didn't know my first post went through

G-Money
11-03-2006, 06:33 PM
The bottom line is that two seasons ago, the NBA hit a low point with the brawl in Detroit. The players' emotions weren't kept in check and that brawl was a bi-product of the players exercising unchecked agression. The commissioner wants to foster a competitive, but safe/non-violent environment, and he certainly never wants to see something like that happen again. So whether certain people have the "ability" to control their frustrations and anger, they will be held accountable regardless....and the NBA is all the better for it.

First off I don't think a brawl like that will ever happen again. And again I think you should be able to put you hands it the air or talk to the refs. Its bullshit you can't really do anything. The rule Stern made is a horrible rule.

Marklar MM
11-03-2006, 06:37 PM
30 technicals have been called in the first 3 days of NBA basketball.

Last season, there were a total of 1053 called. If my math is correct, at the current pace, last years called technicals for the entire season will have been surpassed in roughly 35 days.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
No they can't. Just because you think they can just shut the fuck up doesnt mean they can. Its their personaility. Not everyone is the same, so people can just let it go and some people when they feel somthings not right they will say somthing and I think they should be able to.
That's completely ridiculous, and using the righteous indignation defense is laughable. If it's Rasheed's right to say and act however he wants, then it's the referee's right to give him technicals and throw him out.