PDA

View Full Version : increased technical crap

stretch
11-02-2006, 01:39 AM
is this just another way for David Stern to find a way to control the league even more? we can already see that officials have too much power and can change an entire game with a few shitty calls (im not referring to the Mavs/Heat series, as that was simply lost on piss-poor play by the Mavs, not officiating). there has already been what, almost 20 techs this season? and its only been the second night of NBA action. i am really getting concerned if he is trying to find a way to control who wins and loses even more. dont be suprized if we see a Cavaliers/Lakers finals. nothing would please him more than to see Kobe and Lebron go at it in the finals. even he said it back in the day. his ideal finals scheme would be Lakers vs. Lakers. stern needs to go. he is fucking up this league, and not just in officiating. he is letting the league get entirely too soft, and not encouraging good, hard-nosed basketball play, and physical contact. while its good in a way to limit the amount of physical contact, its getting out of hand too. now we see all sorts of weak-ass calls for the slightest bumps. these are professionals, and they should be able to find a way to beat physical play. if Jordan got knocked on his ass, he would get back up, and go dunk on that guy the very next play. nowadays, if you get the slightest bump, its a foul. its ridiculous.

Fuck David Stern.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 01:53 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you enjoy watching and listening to the players piss and moan all game long? Is that what basketball is about? Complaining to the officials like they have sand in their vagina's. The complaining to the officials was getting so bad that the games were becoming unwatchable. The more unwatchable the games are the lower the ratings, and the lower the ratings the less NBA you'll see on television. So if you like watching the NBA on television I wouldn't complain. Stern is a good commissioner.

stretch
11-02-2006, 02:11 AM
no, dont get me wrong. i dont like watching players piss and moan constantly. but i think this could be a way for stern to give extra technicals to people and players on his bad side, and to find another way to fuck up the outcome of games.

and i dont think arguing makes games unwatchable. id say soft play, no physical contact, potentially fixed games, and shitty jump shooting is what makes games unwatchable.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 02:21 AM
potentially fixed games
This is why I won't even bother to discuss this issue.

ShoogarBear
11-02-2006, 06:03 AM
and i dont think arguing makes games unwatchable. id say soft play, no physical contact, potentially fixed games, and shitty jump shooting is what makes games unwatchable.Isn't soft play and no physical contact exactly what Mark Cuban went on Letterman to take credit for?

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Isn't soft play and no physical contact exactly what Mark Cuban went on Letterman to take credit for?
He and the Mavs fans thought it was great when they thought it would help them win. It's cheating and someone else's fault when someone else beats them at their own game.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 06:06 PM
but i think this could be a way for stern to give extra technicals to people and players on his bad side, and to find another way to fuck up the outcome of games.

Dude, STFU and go watch some more X-Files.

and i dont think arguing makes games unwatchable.

Yeah, the excessive bitching and complaining after every single fucking call is so pleasant to watch.

stretch
11-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Isn't soft play and no physical contact exactly what Mark Cuban went on Letterman to take credit for?
thats one thing i dont like about what Cuban has done. sure, he has helped make offenses more efficient in the NBA with rule changes, but at the expense of good, solid, physical basketball play.

stretch
11-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah, the excessive bitching and complaining after every single fucking call is so pleasant to watch.

never said that either. try reading my posts first, you ignorant dumbfuck.

the fact is, refs already have enough power in games, and Stern has just given them more.

DirkAB
11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
never said that either. try reading my posts first, you ignorant dumbfuck.

the fact is, refs already have enough power in games, and Stern has just given them more.

Ignorant dumbfucks are the ones that are trying to turn the NBA into some sort of giant conspiracy theory, like you. Are the NBA players above having to follow rules? Are they incapable of keeping their mouth shut? It's like you think that they should be allowed act like 6 year olds.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 09:52 AM
thats one thing i dont like about what Cuban has done. sure, he has helped make offenses more efficient in the NBA with rule changes, but at the expense of good, solid, physical basketball play.
If you are a fan of good, solid, physical basketball play, then why are you a Mavericks fan?

Fabbs
11-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Ignorant dumbfucks are the ones that are trying to turn the NBA into some sort of giant conspiracy theory, like you. Are the NBA players above having to follow rules? Are they incapable of keeping their mouth shut? It's like you think that they should be allowed act like 6 year olds.
No technical was given:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3998/nashkryptoniteyz8.gif
also video showing whole sequence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PTZGysmdU

Spurminator
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
If they're going to crack down on whining, they need to be consistent. I thought the Nuggets got jobbed yesterday when Carmelo was ejected, but Cassell was allowed to throw a hissy fit toward the end of the game without even a T. (Not to mention the foul they handed to him on the next play).

ShoogarBear
11-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Exactly. They aren't even consistent on who they're T-ing up.

Tee up everyone, or it's just some more BS.

Marklar MM
11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I want to see Lebron get yanked. He will have the most leeway out of everyone.

DarkReign
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
increased technical crap

...is quickly getting very very old.

DirkAB
11-03-2006, 01:39 PM
If they're going to crack down on whining, they need to be consistent. I thought the Nuggets got jobbed yesterday when Carmelo was ejected, but Cassell was allowed to throw a hissy fit toward the end of the game without even a T. (Not to mention the foul they handed to him on the next play).

I'll agree with that, consistency is key. But I definitely agree with the spirit of this rule.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
The fact that there weren't a number of techs thrown at the Suns is a bad, bad sign. Phoenix is one of the arenas where the team constantly shows up the refs and keeps the fans in a lather. If they are going to allow that shit in the second fucking game then the rule might as well be shitcanned.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-03-2006, 03:37 PM
i agree, consistency is the main thing.

Friggin' ET was talking crap all night and didnt get anything