PDA

View Full Version : What would Pop do?

timvp
11-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Beno has gone down with some pretty wimpy injuries in his time but what if he missed two weeks for the reason his Slovenian brother is:

CHARLOTTE — Charlotte Bobcats starting center Primoz Brezec will miss the first two weeks of the season because of exhaustion and dehydration.

I'd pay good money to see Pop's reaction to that.

:drunk

THE SIXTH MAN
11-02-2006, 02:15 AM
:lol

T Park
11-02-2006, 02:18 AM
I read that on the bottom line and was shocked.

How the hell could he be exhausted when he hasn't done ANYTHING YET?!!?

Unreal.

coopdogg3
11-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Well dehydration is a different beast than exhaustion. But how in God's name does it take 2 weeks to drink some fluids and take a nap?

ChumpDumper
11-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Maybe something was stopping him from rehydrating.

This is not without precedent in the NBA:

http://www.spurstalk.com/coachowned.jpg

timvp
11-02-2006, 02:36 AM

:rollin

boutons_
11-02-2006, 06:48 AM
"exhausted when he hasn't done ANYTHING YET"

wait til the Spurs lose vs Cavs as 2nd of B2B and people here start excusing and sympathasizing with how hard B2Bs are. Even if it's only 2nd game of the season after a 1 week layoff and the trip home was ... 40 minute flight. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-02-2006, 10:58 AM
"exhausted when he hasn't done ANYTHING YET"

wait til the Spurs lose vs Cavs as 2nd of B2B and people here start excusing and sympathasizing with how hard B2Bs are. Even if it's only 2nd game of the season after a 1 week layoff and the trip home was ... 40 minute flight. :lol
If ANYONE on the Spurs misses two weeks because of it, then come back and re-post this.

LilMissSPURfect
11-02-2006, 11:05 AM

:downspin: :downspin: :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-02-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm in the same boat as TPark. I saw that on the ESPN crawl and was completely stunned. Either Charlotte has the most cautious or the most gullible training staff in the league if he's sitting for two weeks for this.

pad300
11-02-2006, 11:55 AM
CHARLOTTE — Charlotte Bobcats starting center Primoz Brezec will miss the first two weeks of the season because of exhaustion and dehydration.

Actually, I think that Pop might not blow a gasket. It sounds a lot like Brezec caught Montezuma's revenge & thought he could tough it out. Diarreah kills people if you don't get it treated... I think they just didn't want to put "Brezec - DNP: Montezuma's Revenge" on the game sheet because it would be embarrassing (although this may be worse for Brezec).

Joepa
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Seems like they'd just say "Dehydration" and leave out "Exhuastion"

ploto
11-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd pay good money to see Pop's reaction to that.

I'm assuming Pop would listen to his medical staff.

Walton Buys Off Me
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Just thinking of that made me laugh my ass off. Seriously, people at my office came over asking if I was on drugs. Just the thought of some marginal talent like Brezec approaching Pop saying he wouldn't be available because he was exhasuted- in training camp no less. Hilarious.

What do you Michael Jordan's reaction was? Isn't he now affiliated with Charlotte?

King
11-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, you guys DO realize that exhaustion doesn't necessarily mean sleepy or drained. It's not how you feel after a busy day. It's something that a lot of people are hospitalized for.

Just saying....

T Park
11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I know King, buta supposed professional athlete, who gets paid to be in shape?

Good lord :lmao

Joepa
11-02-2006, 01:30 PM
/agree @ TPark

ducks
11-02-2006, 01:31 PM
waive him

Kibic
11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
The problem is also in Bobcats training stuff. Brezec is known for his work ethic. Bernie has some problems with him an his will to do more than 100%.

On resting Primoz Brezec tomorrow against Miami: Primoz will not play tomorrow. I told him he will get plenty of challenges from Shaq during the regular season. I just want to rest his legs like we did with Emeka (Okafor) and Gerald (Wallace). Melvin (Ely) needs the time. He is trying to get over that flu and he needs basketball time. I just want to get Primoz off his legs because he doesn’t know how to cut back, so we have to help him.
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/backstage_bernie_041025.html

Feb. 15, 2006 - 7:24 p.m. ET
Primoz Brezec (Achilles') is out for tonight's contest against the Nets.
Coach Bernie Bickerstaff said Brezec tried to practice during the morning shootaround, but there was too much pain. "He was really grimacing," Bickerstaff said. "Primo needs this break as much as anybody here. We need to lock him up in a house somewhere so he can't get to a gym." The center said he'll be back in the lineup when the Bobcats start their second half.

Summers
11-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Diarreah kills people if you don't get it treated...

Yeah, but in places that aren't third world countries, we have drugs to treat severe diarrhea and I would assume a world-class athlete would have sense enough to go the ER if he was that sick. :lol

ShoogarBear
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Two weeks off makes absolutely no sense medically unless he suffered from something like heat stroke, and I can't fathom how that would happen since this isn't pro football.

Very strange, there must be more here than meets the eye.

Jimcs50
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
This is just a new original way of putting a player on inactive roster.....it is better than the ol "tendenitis of the knee" ploy that is so commonplace in the NBA.

I like it...it is refreshing, if you ask me.

:)

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Diarreah kills people.

Your best bet for survival is not to eat it.

Just a little free advice.

Trainwreck2100
11-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Very strange, there must be more here than meets the eye.

You're right, this has decepticons written all over it

pad300
11-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but in places that aren't third world countries, we have drugs to treat severe diarrhea and I would assume a world-class athlete would have sense enough to go the ER if he was that sick. :lol

:dizzy
:bang
I think you're wrong about the sense bit. Rasheed. Artest. S-Jax. Yao Ming -remember the revelation last year about his big toe... The assumption that world class atheletes are automatically sensible is not supported by the evidence.

:toast

Extra Stout
11-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Slovenian basketball players are tough. They are warriors. Ben Wallace secretly wishes he could be Slovenian.

ata
11-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Knowing Brezec's work ethic it doesn't really surprises me. He is very likely overtrained himself.