PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Oklahoma St. Spread

timvp
11-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Let me guess ... Texas will go down by like 17 and then rally back and beat them by 28.

:jack

johngateswhiteley
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
t.u. will not win by more than 20...no way in HELL.

NoMoneyDown
11-02-2006, 02:43 PM
I think it opened at 17, which I would have taken. Ok. St. has a very good offense, but their defense has been letting mediocre offenses have their way with them. Texas' offense is anything but mediocre. Add to that the fact they are playing on the road, and Texas is back home after getting the crap scared out of them by Nebraska and TTU. The Longhorns are scoring an average 53 PPG at home (minus the tOSU game), too, which I don't think OSU will come close to. Something like 48-24, Texas???

johngateswhiteley
11-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I think it opened at 17, which I would have taken. Ok. St. has a very good offense, but their defense has been letting mediocre offenses have their way with them. Texas' offense is anything but mediocre. Add to that the fact they are playing on the road, and Texas is back home after getting the crap scared out of them by Nebraska and TTU. The Longhorns are scoring an average 53 PPG at home (minus the tOSU game), too, which I don't think OSU will come close to. Something like 48-24, Texas???

...t.u. is going to score, there is no question about that. but OSU should have their way with t.u.'s shoddy secondary and will get more rushing yards than any tea-sip will think.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-02-2006, 06:55 PM
its funny because even if UT were based out of san antonio, and duncan's little brother was quarterback, and popavich's cousin were the offensive coordinator, he'd still J it to any team opposing them.

samikeyp
11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I think Texas will win and I do agree with JGW that their secondary will take a hit like they did in the Tech game. I am not impressed with OSU's running game though but I am with their QB.

Bevo 42
Pistol Pete 28

aids man
11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah i went all in on this one.

NoMoneyDown
11-03-2006, 08:20 AM
...t.u. is going to score, there is no question about that. but OSU should have their way with t.u.'s shoddy secondary and will get more rushing yards than any tea-sip will think.

Ok. St. will be forced to throw the ball a'la Baylor. I figure they'll put around 3 TD's up, but I don't think it will be like Texas Tech's offense. Even then, the Texas secondary stopped the Tech offense cold the whole 2H, which was astounding. Ok. St.'s defense is only slightly better than Baylor's, so you have to wonder if Texas will unload like they did in that game. Maybe 56-24, Texas?

MajorMike
11-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Even if UT is killing us, with our ability to trike fast and the fact that if UT is up 3 TDs they will be running and failing every now and then to get a 1st down, hich means they punt to us and we keep it... 'close.'

After being outscored 0-118 in the 2nd half the past 3 years, I guarantee you Gundy opens it up in the 2nd. Plus our rush is not that shabby. We rushed against Neb's (former 10 top) defense for more than UT and USC combined, while playing catch up, not leading.

NoMoneyDown
11-03-2006, 09:42 AM
At home, the Texas defense is limiting their opponents to about 8.5 points below their season average. Ok. St.'s offense is averaging 32.25 PPG on the road thus far.

32.25 - 8.5 = 23.75 or 24 points

Likewise, Texas' offense has been explosive at home (sans the tOSU game - and even then, the stats show they were about even with the Buckeyes in everything but the score). The Longhorns are averaging 43.8 PPG at home total, and 52 PPG if you eliminate the tOSU and SHSU games.

43.8 - 23.75 = 20.05

So, the 20pt spread is about where it should be, IMHO. I think McCoy has matured a lot since the tOSU game as has the entire team, which shifts the scale a little more in Texas' favor.

But this is college football, and just about anything can happen.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
they have this thing called tim crowder

samikeyp
11-05-2006, 12:00 AM

Oops. :)

BeerIsGood!
11-05-2006, 12:16 AM
:lmao

:lmao

Been a long time since you've gotten anything right about football. You might want to stop ranting... but I hope you don't because the laughs are great.

samikeyp
11-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Im just glad Texas didn't fuck around this year and spot OSU a huge lead.

Hook Dem
11-05-2006, 09:37 AM
A classic example of someone letting their dislike for U.T. influence their thinking. GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ihit

LB7
11-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Where is JGW...waiting for him to come eat his crow for those stupid predictions he made. Both his predictions were wrong. Texas won by 26 and the D was solid in every aspect. Come on JGW...where ya at?

cecil collins
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
A classic example of someone letting their dislike for U.T. influence their thinking. GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ihit
Mostly, I think he's just an idiot, bias or not.

Where is JGW...waiting for him to come eat his crow for those stupid predictions he made. Both his predictions were wrong. Texas won by 26 and the D was solid in every aspect. Come on JGW...where ya at?
If he did that for all his stupid predictions, he'd never be able to leave the house.

NoMoneyDown
11-06-2006, 08:47 AM
I actually thought both teams would score at least another TD each, but it's good to know my prediction of Texas winning by at least 20 came true.