PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a new subscriber?

Big Shot Rob
11-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I am new to Spurstalk.

Years ago, a fan named "mouse" used to call WOAI after spurs games and would always talk in support of the Spurs.

I come here to this message board and see a "mouse" who is a huge Dallas fan.

Is this the same mouse? Did he change allegiance? Or is this a different mouse?

Also--second question--why the hatred beteen ST and SR? Did something happen to cause bad blood?

Third--what would you say is the major difference between SR and ST?

I enjoy both forums and now that SR is back up, I will post in both boards.

Kori Ellis
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
1. Same Mouse. After the 2002 playoffs he vowed he would never be a Spurs fan again until Pop was fired. (He's still a Spurs fan in his heart though. I know he is. Hell he was on the front of the River Parade in 1999, how can he not be.)

2. There's no real hatred. Some people get their panties in a wad over things that they don't even know about from years ago. Other people here were banned from there without reason and resent that. Anyway, it's not something that I really want a lot of discussion on here. It's senseless.

3. There's good things about both sites. There's not a lot of moderation here (which some people like and some don't). And some of the most knowledgable Spurs fans in the world post here -- timvp, SolidD, fromwaydowntown, etc. (I'm not going to make a huge list to stroke people's egos :lol)

Anyway, welcome to the board, enjoy your time here, and let me know if you need something.

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I am new to Spurstalk.

Years ago, a fan named "mouse" used to call WOAI after spurs games and would always talk in support of the Spurs.

Also--second question--why the hatred beteen ST and SR? Did something happen to cause bad blood?

I hate the way you suck up to the mav fans on their board. :nope

easjer
11-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I am new to Spurstalk.

To answer #3 - there is a lot of freedom on this board. You are welcome to be here as a die-hard fan of another team. You are welcome to be a total homer here. You are welcome to be a despairing fan here. You can throw yourself off a cliff after a preseason loss here if you want.

The reverse of that is that if you hate seeing any of those things, you will. People who don't share your opinions will be quite voacl about it, sometimes vulgar about it.

But you get a wealth of knowledge, experience, detailed and objective analysis and some place where people understand it if you want to talk about the Spurs for hours on end.

Slomo
11-02-2006, 01:56 PM
SpursReport is not a profanity over here.

whottt
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM

You can say FUCK here.

:tu

Fuck that felt good.

whottt
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
We're also more mature here.

ducks
11-02-2006, 02:42 PM
there is immature people at both sites
if the posters treat each other nice then their fine

like kori said the 2 sites have good and bad things about them

ata