PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter's Other Options Next Year: Orlando, Charlotte, TORONTO?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Published November 1, 2006

Vince wants to come back ... seriously

Vince Carter, a former malcontent with the Raptors, is privately thinking about seeking a return to Toronto next year.

I’m serious.

“Vince has talked to his agent about the idea,” one of Carter’s closest friends tells me. “He wonders if he could patch things up with the Raptors. He even wants the idea floated to the Raptors privately.

“Listen, you have to understand that Vince was unhappy with the old management, but he respects (new general manager) Bryan Colangelo and he’s always loved Toronto and its fans.” And there’s no doubt, the friend said, that Carter will exercise his option with the Nets to become a free agent after this season. “Vince owns a mansion in Orlando, so he’s thinking about the Magic,” the friend said. “But Toronto appeals to him, too.”

The Raptors open their NBA season in New Jersey tonight.

• Chuck Swirsky is an entertaining play-by-play announcer, but he is on the Raptors’ payroll and seems to get carried away with efforts to hype up the club.

Like, he has decided to nickname rookie Andrea Bargnani “Il Mago,” which means The Magician in Italian. And he’s calling another Raptors rookie, Jorge Gabajosa, The Great Garbo. He requested and received approval from both kids to refer to them on the air by these nicknames.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
And for the record, Charlotte isn't mentioned in here, but has been repeated in other threads about a possible destination for Carter.

dave
11-02-2006, 08:20 PM
i think the source of this rumor is marty york who writes for the metro
just to let you guys know what the metro is, its a free newspaper that you usually find on the floor in subway stations up here in canada
the information in it usually hold as much truth as your toilet paper does