PDA

View Full Version : Rose to Phoenix

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-02-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/43064/20061102/rose_on_the_verge_with_phoenix/

East Valley Tribune - On Thursday night, Jalen Rose was on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns .

NBA sources said the deal would likely be completed by the end of the night. The 33-year-old Rose would earn the NBA minimum salary of $1.178 million — $744,551 of which would be paid by the Suns and the rest coming from a league fund created for that purpose.

Miami has also been contending for his services.

Leetonidas
11-02-2006, 09:19 PM
He's a perfect fit.

dirk4mvp
11-02-2006, 09:24 PM
He's a perfect fit.

Yep. Another guy who likes to shoot 20+ times a game.

RON ARTEST
11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
well they are oficially the deepest team in the league.

JMarkJohns
11-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Good get... save for his lack of size, strength and ability to play center..

G-Money
11-02-2006, 09:57 PM
atleast Miami didn't get him.

JamStone
11-02-2006, 10:41 PM
He's a perfect fit.

Yep. Another guy who likes to shoot 20+ times a game.

That plays no defense.

Amarelooms
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Hmmm Phoenix is going to be tough....so many weapons...I know they play no D but comes a point when you can't outscore em. Oh well Amare LOOMS lol!!

JMarkJohns
11-02-2006, 11:45 PM
That plays no defense.

Yeah :depressed

:hungry:

TDMVPDPOY
11-03-2006, 12:30 AM
they are the dumbest team in the league, givin up picks in the draft cose they dont wanna go pay lux tax, then they go out sign players and put words in there mouth

Bob Lanier
11-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Both Joneses are better than Rose at this point. WTF?

Bruno
11-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Another swingman, I don't understand what D'Antoni is doing.
Phoenix needs a seven footer, just look at how Bynum owned them. I still think that not signing Olowakandi was a mistake.

Xylus
11-03-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't think they're going to keep Jumaine Jones, James Jones, and Jalen Rose all on the roster for the entire season...

Streakyshooter08
11-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Well, I think Rose is a good offensive player but I wonder why Phx needs him. He is not a good defensive player and they already have enough wing players. I also wonder how much playing time he might get. I does not make them weaker though...

The_Game
11-03-2006, 05:02 AM
they are the dumbest team in the league, givin up picks in the draft cose they dont wanna go pay lux tax, then they go out sign players and put words in there mouth

they are signing him for the min..how does that effect their cap situation? oh and they didn't keep their draft picks because they wanted to save money to keep tim thomas. obviously they didn't work out but thats why they gave up picks

rose will help phoenix if he signs because he is another guy who can play 3 positions and handle the ball. he also adds depth as a guy who can score, rebound abit and get some assists.

you go after the best available player and rose is still a pretty good one.

SirChaz
11-03-2006, 01:43 PM
They gave up the picks because they didn't think any of the players available were going to help them this year. They tried to trade up but couldn't make a deal with anyone.
They would rather spend the money on veterans. They could have signed Thomas but didn't want to pay as much as the Clippers were willing to so they got Banks instead.

Plus it now looks like they will have 3 first round picks next year in a deeper draft.

On the signing of Rose I could take it or leave it. It is another low risk minimum contract (like Thomas last year). I am not sure how much time he would get on the Suns it seems like they are still figuring out their rotations with all the depth they have on the wings.

Extra Stout
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Hmmm Phoenix is going to be tough....so many weapons...I know they play no D but comes a point when you can't outscore em. Oh well Amare LOOMS lol!!
Unfortunately, there is only one ball.

HeatOwnzNba
11-03-2006, 06:26 PM
That fool is gonna regret turning down the heat just like Michael Finley
last year.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-03-2006, 06:33 PM
^^^ Shaq is getting older and declining even more. Your team is old and you didnt really upgrade at all. Wade wont be able to carry this team all year and you got your asses kicked by 42 fucking points in your house on ring night. That shit is pathetic and is unacceptable.

AZLouis
11-05-2006, 12:16 PM
"We just got better offensively and didn't defensively," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "The downside for doing this is very minimal financially and basketball-wise. The upside is the guy is very talented.

"We'll eventually have nine guys who are interchangeable. Hell, he's 6-8, he could play center for us."

Did he just that basketball-wise this is a minimal signing?

Rose at center?