PDA

View Full Version : west virginia @ louisville

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
halftime: louisville 16 wvu 14

good game so far (well, from the parts when the spurs weren't playing). the biggest surprise so far has been louisville with 3 field goals, not touchdowns, in the red zone. i think wvu will win, but it could go either way with these offenses. too bad michael bush isn't playing... this game would be great.

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 09:51 PM
wvu got lucky after fumbling with the louisville fumble, but then they go and fumble again. touchdown louisville. 3 turnovers on the road is not good.

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 10:01 PM
uh-oh. louisville punt return for a td. with slaton possibly out and white dinged up. a ton of time left though (remember last year).

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 10:14 PM
touchdown wvu. wow, white is just carrying this team. the offense looks completely different without slaton. alot of first downs on the drive. i guess that's what happens when you lose a guy who has 150 yards on 14 carries for a 10.7 average.

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 10:34 PM
slaton came back in... wvu touchdown. 5 plays, 51 yards (after a big kickoff return from reynaud). it's now 27 wvu-37 louisville after a failed 2 pt.

dammit, it's hard watching the spurs on tv and wvu on the computer (flipping occasionly).

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I think you need to change that gay ass avatar and start making better predictions.

(no offense just bustin balls)

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM
well, this sure makes things interesting. does louisville go to 3 or 4? i'm not sure they should be ahead of florida, but i think auburn. still i think that will be temporary. i just can't see louisville running the table. i could actually see them losing to rutgers next week, especially after a big win like this. where does west virginia fall to? i can't see them ahead of notre dame in the polls. what about ahead of california or arkansas? hmm. come the end of the year, there are gonna be alot of one loss teams jumbled together.

but next year look out for wvu (or so my uncle keeps telling me). white and slaton will be back again. and this year's defense is relatively young.

BeerIsGood!
11-02-2006, 11:17 PM
WVU bites the dust. No BCS Champ. for you.

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I think you need to change that gay ass avatar and start making better predictions.

(no offense just bustin balls)

that's cool, i wouldn't expect any less when it comes to college football. (and i have to pick west virginia or half my family would kill me.)

on a related note, i am always jealous of schools that can rush the field. i swear half of lapd is at the games like they have nothing else to do. some people tried to after the ucla shutout in 2001, but that didn't last long at all.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2006, 11:20 PM
well, this sure makes things interesting. does louisville go to 3 or 4? i'm not sure they should be ahead of florida, but i think auburn. still i think that will be temporary. i just can't see louisville running the table. i could actually see them losing to rutgers next week, especially after a big win like this. where does west virginia fall to? i can't see them ahead of notre dame in the polls. what about ahead of california or arkansas? hmm. come the end of the year, there are gonna be alot of one loss teams jumbled together.

but next year look out for wvu (or so my uncle keeps telling me). white and slaton will be back again. and this year's defense is relatively young.

I read in the dallas morning news that the winner of this game is more entitled to a title shot than texas, so that puts them ahead of us in some press' eyes. Its just pointless man. Everyone expected a huge clusterfuck this year and it is coming.

the winner of the ND/USC game won't help anything now that SC has a loss. Louisville has an impressive record but everyone knows they still suck and it would be a USC-OU-esque championship if they were sent there.

The loser of the OSU Michigan game SHOULD drop down a SHITLOAD of spots if history is any indication, but every indication this season shows that the pundits say Michigan and OSU should play again if the game is close.

And the SEC conf. champ will most likely have only 1 loss, and the SEC has been getting screwed for YEARS, so they're due for a nod for the championship.

It's all complicated now.

Its all fucking bull shit man. A ncaa national title means absolutely nothing unless the teams playing are the only undefeated teams in the league. Cuz its not undisputed. Until they make a playoff, this system will always ass fuck many teams.

samikeyp
11-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Damn! The Ville goes nuts!

KewlKat00
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
The loser of the OSU Michigan game SHOULD drop down a SHITLOAD of spots if history is any indication, but every indication this season shows that the pundits say Michigan and OSU should play again if the game is close.

And the SEC conf. champ will most likely have only 1 loss, and the SEC has been getting screwed for YEARS, so they're due for a nod for the championship.

It's all complicated now.

Its all fucking bull shit man. A ncaa national title means absolutely nothing unless the teams playing are the only undefeated teams in the league. Cuz its not undisputed. Until they make a playoff, this system will always ass fuck many teams.

of course, this is all speculation as a number of 1-loss teams could still lose, but if the sec champ has only 1-loss then i would take them over michigan with 1-loss. i just really don't want to see an osu-michigan rematch. but what if another 1-loss team dominates the second half of the season? there are so many scenarios we aren't going to know for awhile. there are alot of good teams this year instead of two great teams. that creates a problem(s). but still i just don't like the idea of a playoff. i love how every game matters. i guess i am just a traditional fan (i don't even like the idea of the new national championship game... i want the bowls).

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I respect that. But I dont get what you're talking about second half of the season. There are like only 4 games left tops and thats only for teams with conference champ games.

KewlKat00
11-03-2006, 12:35 AM
I respect that. But I dont get what you're talking about second half of the season. There are like only 4 games left tops and thats only for teams with conference champ games.

so it's more like the last third. i was thinking half since usc has 5 games left, but now that i think about it that is even closer to a third than a half. i guess i'm in denial.

MajorMike
11-03-2006, 09:05 AM

If their SOS was better and the underdog would stop winning the title game hey would make a better showing.

Also, they hould stop getting shwacked by double digit underdogs once they get to a BCS game.

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2006, 09:21 AM

I disagree. Unless Michigan blows out Ohio State or vice versa, I think the loser of that game -- assuming they both go into it undefeated -- won't fall out of the top 5. Even if that team does fall out of the top 5 in the human polls, it won't likely fall very far in the computer polls.

I don't even think they should fall very far in the human polls -- if they each run the table and enter that game undefeated, if Michigan beats OSU who do you put OSU behind in the polls? Certainly, they have to stay in front of Texas; in fact, I'd think that OSU (having rolled the rest of their schedule) would stay in front of just about every other 1-loss team in the game.

I'd think the same would hold for Michigan.

If they're both undefeated going into that game, whoever loses will have 1-loss and that loss will be to the undisputed #1 team in the nation. Isn't that a better loss than anyone else in the country will have?

NoMoneyDown
11-03-2006, 09:45 AM
If they're both undefeated going into that game, whoever loses will have 1-loss and that loss will be to the undisputed #1 team in the nation. Isn't that a better loss than anyone else in the country will have?

If Michigan loses, then both Michigan and Texas will claim that mark (if that is their only loss, of course).

KewlKat00
11-03-2006, 11:06 AM

realistically, i think michigan would fall to 3 in a close loss and 4 or 5 otherwise. timing is everything even if they can't control the schedule right now. but a close loss for osu would probably just move them to 2 (based on what happened to ou in 2003).

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2006, 11:08 AM

If Michigan loses, then both Michigan and Texas will claim that mark (if that is their only loss, of course).

True, but assuming that it's Michigan that loses that game, it will have lost to #1 on #1's home field, which I think stands them in better stead than Texas. Plus, Michigan's win at Notre Dame might end up being a better win than any win that Texas has.

MajorMike
11-03-2006, 11:12 AM
This Week in the BCS - Thursday Edition
November 2
The Louisville win over West Virginia should be enough to assure the Cardinals of the #3 spot in the polls this week, jumping Texas. That would be enough to get them to #3 in the BCS, but Louisville might even be third in the BCS even if the voters surprise me by holding them back behind Texas because of the boost it should get in the computers.
It is less certain how far the Mountaineers will slide. They will very likely take more of a hit in the polls than in the computers, where they are already pretty low. Depending on how other teams do this weekend, West Virginia figures to be in the neighborhood of 15th in the computers and in the 8-10 range in the polls. The one definite thing is that WVU is now out of the championship picture.

Louisville will face its second straight undefeated opponent when it plays at Rutgers next Thursday night. The last team to play undefeated teams in back-to-back games in November was Boston College in 1993. The Eagles beat 10-0 Notre Dame on November 20th and lost to 10-0 West Virginia the next week.

NoMoneyDown
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
True, but assuming that it's Michigan that loses that game, it will have lost to #1 on #1's home field, which I think stands them in better stead than Texas. Plus, Michigan's win at Notre Dame might end up being a better win than any win that Texas has.

Possibly, but you have to also consider the "time of year" factor. Texas lost to tOSU in their 2nd game while Michigan will have lost in their last game - big difference. Pollsters usually give a team more credence if they lose early in the season, but keep winning the remaining games vs. winning games early and then losing one late in the season.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Does anyone really think louisville or WV have any chance against any of the other top 8 teams in a bowl game? Be serious.

KewlKat00
11-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Does anyone really think louisville or WV have any chance against any of the other top 8 teams in a bowl game? Be serious.

yes, out of the top 10, right now i feel louisville could beat notre dame, cal, and maybe florida and auburn. and i think west virginia would have a good shot against usc, notre dame, and auburn. brian brohm and steve slaton give them both pretty good chances. i just don't think many schools have seen offenses as explosive as these (kinda like georgia in the sugar bowl last year).

KewlKat00
11-10-2006, 02:17 AM
still i think that will be temporary. i just can't see louisville running the table. i could actually see them losing to rutgers next week, especially after a big win like this.

:toast

at least i got something right... probably just because there wasn't a vbookie...