PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Tony Parker!

baseline bum
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM
His jumper looked great, as did his free throw stroke. I know it's only one game in, but if this is any kind of indication of his shot, he's become a top 10-15 player in this league without a doubt. I was in shock, watching the Spurs go to TP every time when Dallas was forced to foul.

Buddy Holly
11-02-2006, 11:13 PM
I love how he's now the "go to" free throw shooter in a tight game down the stretch.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Steve Kerr to Tony Parker. It makes you wonder why Kerr didn't have this impact on our players when he was with us.

ducks
11-02-2006, 11:14 PM
bb he shot 69% during preason
and 24 out of 25 from the stripe during preason

but the finger injury set him back three months

baseline bum
11-02-2006, 11:16 PM
bb he shot 69% during preason
and 24 out of 25 from the stripe during preason

but the finger injury set him back three months

Yeah, but preseason stats are meaningless. To see him go out and do it against real competition in a game that meant something was nice. I wonder if TP's just on a hot streak, or whether his jumper and ft has truly progressed. The form on both of the shots looked great though.

ducks
11-02-2006, 11:19 PM
that is true
right now his confidence his high as a kite
confidence is a big key

MI21
11-02-2006, 11:28 PM
It really is something to love about Tony the way he works on his game each season. Since he entered the league he has developed and worked on every single area of his game, became above average defensively and developed a go to move.

Bruno
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
It seems that nba.com hotzone is updated after each game : it's a great tool to follow Parker's jumpshot statiscal improvement.

http://www.nba.com/hotzones/popup.html

ducks
11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Bump

Slinkyman
11-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Tony was the man tonight, he hit big shots down the stretch and they were jumpers too. So far his shooting is this seasons biggest surprise.

AFBlue
11-06-2006, 10:19 PM
After tonight's performance, I was totally gonna start a thread like this. Good to see other Spurs fans echoing the same sentiments. His free throw shooting is a decent improvement, but I loved the continuity in his stroke when he extended to the three point line tonight....it was effortless. The fact that he's taking and making more jumpers will mean taking less of a beating while driving to the hoop. This kid is top 3 pg right now and I think he could be tops in the league by next year if his game keeps improving. Wow, this kid is special.

boutons_
11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
"now the "go to" free throw shooter in a tight game down the stretch."

Not tonight, he was 0-2 FTs, and both in crunch time, 1 minute left.

Kori Ellis
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I'll take the two missed FT's with as many J's as he made.

He still doesn't have his lift because of his ankle, but he looked damn good tonight.

AFBlue
11-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I'll take the two missed FT's with as many J's as he made.

He still doesn't have his lift because of his ankle, but he looked damn good tonight.

Well said. Again I'm not totally sold on his FT shooting being drastically improved (think the preseason was a bit of an abborition), but I am loving his stroke. If he's left open the kid doesn't miss. And neither does Barry for that matter. Sorry, I know this is a thread about Tony, but that's two solid games for Barry and consistent 3pt shooting.

picnroll
11-06-2006, 10:42 PM
This is the beginning of year two of what is supposed to be a three year process of improving Parker's outside shot. Wonder what it will be like at the end of year three.

1Parker1
11-06-2006, 10:43 PM
The best part of the night....that pick and role with Duncan and Parker worked like a charm almost every single time they used it tonight. Parker continuously hit that mid-range shot from the pick. They both looked in-sync tonight :tu

MI21
11-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Well said. Again I'm not totally sold on his FT shooting being drastically improved (think the preseason was a bit of an abborition), but I am loving his stroke.

Why do people say this?

Check his FT%'s after the AS Break last year and particuly in the playoffs.

The Truth #6
11-06-2006, 10:55 PM
His form on his jump shots is much better than in the past. If he can just be an average jump shooter, then his overall game will be all the more better. I'm glad that he's shooting a lot of jumpers now to let people know that they can't back off him like they do in the playoffs.

pjjrfan
11-06-2006, 11:14 PM
The amazing thing about Tony is that he isn't afraid to shoot. HIs confidence is sky high, and he seems to be settling into a nice groove where he is making better choices as to when to shoot it or drive it. I'd still like to see him pass it out a little more, but as long as he hits shots in the clutch like he did today, it's pretty hard to argue with his success and his game.

ShoogarBear
11-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, about the only downside is that he may become even less of a distributor than before . . . :lol

koopa
11-06-2006, 11:40 PM
"now the "go to" free throw shooter in a tight game down the stretch."

Not tonight, he was 0-2 FTs, and both in crunch time, 1 minute left.

actually the game was sealed by then, so he didn't really miss them in the clutch time....but he did make a crucial 3 pointer in the clutch

ducks
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
overtime
and that layup with 39 seconds left wow

ducks
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
4 steals also

Samr
11-08-2006, 11:04 PM
It was nice to watch the Spurs play Phoenix and forget why I was bitter about Barbosa.

King
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
It was nice to watch the Spurs play Phoenix and forget why I was bitter about Barbosa.

The Spurs never wanted him. He was drafted for Phoenix. Nothing to be bitter about.

Texas_Ranger
11-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Great performance by TP, if only he would play like that every game, that would be nice.

ducks
11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
tp has been the best player for the spurs this season
he has only played two games when his ankle was not bothering him as much to
SCARY FOR THE REST OF THE NBA