PDA

View Full Version : Congrats SPURS FANS

trueD
11-02-2006, 11:21 PM
NICE win. Great move on acquiring Elson!

Good job not hanging that banner tonight Mavs :lol

Houston is coming up, better win that one.

xoxo

mavsfan1000
11-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah great job and great pickup with Elson. I didn't expect Dallas to win this game but hopefully they get the chemistry going with the new players soon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey FormerMissUSA, your mousesig is AWESOME! :)

Oh, and I'm really going to enjoy watching Kevin Martin blossom for you guys this season. I think he's a future star all-rounder SG, or at the very least a very solid 18/4/3 type guy. He reminds me of someone from the early 90s, but I can't think of the name... I'm just annoyed that I missed him in the fantasy draft.

Oh, and your PF situation, from a fantasy perspective, is frustrating. Kenny T steals too much time from Reef, although sadly I think Kenny is the better player - I guess Reef never was the real deal that he looked to be with all those good stat yrs on losing teams.

wildbill2u
11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
NICE win. Great move on acquiring Elson!

Good job not hanging that banner tonight Mavs :lol

Houston is coming up, better win that one.

xoxo
Screw the basketball talk! If you are really a former Miss USA let's see a picture.:hungry:

Unless it was in 1940, in which case a verbal confirmation will be sufficient.

bdictjames
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Elson is perfect for the Spurs. Congratulations to the Spurs association for another helluva pick

SenorSpur
11-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I'll admit it. I was very skeptical on this FA pickup. I realize it's only one game but based on this one game I have to say that the FO may have struck gold with this guy.

Elson has provided the type of quickness and athleticism that the Spurs have not had at the five spot since D-Rob retired. Obviously he's not as strong as 5-0, but man is he ever athletic and quick. Got a lil' mean streak too. I like that!

Dirk41MVP
11-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Last game we played, Elson "shut down" dirk, and was your most vital player after duncan, now he doesn't play and he sucks, nice.

ChumpDumper
11-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Who said he sucks? Oberto just took all his minutes because he kept making Dirk look like a fool.

mavsfan1000
11-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Who said he sucks? Oberto just took all his minutes because he kept making Dirk look like a fool.
A shooting fool. 31 points and 10 rebounds. Oberto is all offense and no defense and his offense consist mainly of garbage points.

Ariel
11-26-2006, 01:52 AM
A shooting fool. 31 points and 10 rebounds. Oberto is all offense and no defense and his offense consist mainly of garbage points.
First of all, go watch that game again. Oberto didn't present Dirk with a gift, he had to earn and make some tough Js, and I'll take that every day over easy layups and FTs where Dirk makes 90%. And Oberto got 14 points on 8 shots, plus 11 boards, in case you didn't notice.

ponky
11-26-2006, 02:13 AM
First of all, go watch that game again. Oberto didn't present Dirk with a gift, he had to earn and make some tough Js, and I'll take that every day over easy layups and FTs where Dirk makes 90%. And Oberto got 14 points on 8 shots, plus 11 boards, in case you didn't notice.

Yeah I agree, Oberto played well and did what he was supposed to do, no need to bash him.

mavsfan1000
11-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Yeah I agree, Oberto played well and did what he was supposed to do, no need to bash him.
I'm not bashing him. I'm just saying he is getting overrated and is not the Dirk stopper or even close to it. Oberto doesn't have the speed to stay with Dirk and Dirk will average 30+ if Oberto guards him for a whole series.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-26-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm not bashing him. I'm just saying he is getting overrated and is not the Dirk stopper or even close to it. Oberto doesn't have the speed to stay with Dirk and Dirk will average 30+ if Oberto guards him for a whole series.
Damn do you just make up posts in your head? No one is saying hes a "DIRK STOPPER"! No one can stop Dirk, you can only hope to contain him. And no one is overrating Oberto, so quit getting your panties in a bunch. All people are saying is that unlike last years centers, Oberto has scoring ability. By no means am I saying Oberto is a scorer, but if you sleep on him he'll make you pay.

mavsfan1000
11-26-2006, 03:49 AM
Damn do you just make up posts in your head? No one is saying hes a "DIRK STOPPER"! No one can stop Dirk, you can only hope to contain him. And no one is overrating Oberto, so quit getting your panties in a bunch. All people are saying is that unlike last years centers, Oberto has scoring ability. By no means am I saying Oberto is a scorer, but if you sleep on him he'll make you pay.
The same could be said about anyone. Bowen will hit 3's if you don't guard him and Finley can beat you to the other side of the court. I just don't think San Antonio found the right guy at center yet. Elson showed signs that first game of the season though of being that guy.

jmard5
11-26-2006, 05:25 AM
The same could be said about anyone. Bowen will hit 3's if you don't guard him and Finley can beat you to the other side of the court. I just don't think San Antonio found the right guy at center yet. Elson showed signs that first game of the season though of being that guy.

May we remind you yet again that this thread never said that Oberto is not a dirk-stopper. Why do you keep on insisting something that this thread does not.