PDA

View Full Version : So you can't yell while dunking but you can....

gospursgojas
11-03-2006, 01:44 AM
shove a player to the ground, and not get called for a T.

On that point , the Mavs have turned into a bunch of punk ass thugs.... :flipoff

YoMamaIsCallin
11-03-2006, 07:56 AM
ummm. a flagrant 1 is worse than a T, what's your point?

Chris Childs
11-03-2006, 08:02 AM
yeah what's your point?

nkdlunch
11-03-2006, 10:17 AM
that's what you get when you hang out w/Stackhouse too much.

adidas11
11-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Stackhouse = thug?

Shank
11-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Bruce "Albert Haynesworth" Bowen.

Taco
11-03-2006, 12:12 PM
shove a player to the ground, and not get called for a T.

On that point , the Mavs have turned into a bunch of punk ass thugs.... :flipoff

A situation happened where I got to protect myself,'' Howard said
:dramaquee

LilMissSPURfect
11-03-2006, 02:19 PM
A situation happened where I got to protect myself,'' Howard said
:dramaquee

what......?

Bowen for THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :clap

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Howard had to protect himself from the coat of paint he had on the other end of the floor that looked like Bruce Bowen.

LEONARD
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
:ihit

nkdlunch
11-03-2006, 03:07 PM
howard though bowen was gonna piss on him

Obstructed_View
11-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe Howard should have let go of Bruce's foot if he didn't want to get stepped on.

Winnipeg_Spur
11-03-2006, 04:10 PM
The dumb thing is this is only going to add to Bowen's rep as a "dirty" player, even though the only thing he did was get blindsided and shoved to the ground by some Chris Webber wannabe.

Shank
11-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Bowen is the victim. He didn't do a thing and has never done anything remotely "dirty".

20/6/4=shutdown.

Trainwreck2100
11-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Why hasn't Howard been suspended and how was that just a Flagrant 1 when he obviously did it on purpose.

sandman
11-03-2006, 04:20 PM
20/6/4=shutdown.

20/6/4=loss.

Trainwreck2100
11-03-2006, 04:38 PM
27/6/4 woulda been a win though

dirk4mvp
11-03-2006, 04:40 PM
dumbass, a flagrant is worse than a T.

sandman
11-03-2006, 04:43 PM
27/6/4 woulda been a win though

For some reason Dallas owns the "woulda's" category.

btw, is someone gonna photoshop Cuban doing his air drums after Dirk's fifth foul? That photo has potential...

Shank
11-03-2006, 04:51 PM
That was during Parker's quadruple-dribble.

sandman
11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
That was during Parker's quadruple-dribble.

If you need to believe that to feel better about yourselves as Mavs fans, then have at it. Who am I to stand in the way of your perception compared to reality.

dirk4mvp
11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
If you need to believe that to feel better about yourselves as Mavs fans, then have at it. Who am I to stand in the way of your perception compared to reality.

Some mavs fans here are not alone when it comes to their mind's deceiving them. Several Spurs fans are in the same boat. So wtf are you talking about?

sandman
11-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Some mavs fans here are not alone when it comes to their mind's deceiving them. Several Spurs fans are in the same boat. So wtf are you talking about?

Well, I was obviously talking about the play where Cuban played Bongo Boy along the baseline when Dirk picked up his fifth foul. Both of those events occurred during this particular play. I was simply stating facts about the game when your boy Shank tried to altar reality and say the play was Parker committing a violation. Not my fault if he can't live in the real world.

Winnipeg_Spur
11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Bowen is the victim. He didn't do a thing and has never done anything remotely "dirty".
Good to see Mav fans clearly pointing out what Bowen did wrong and not confining themselves to vague accusations. Howard's still the only one that has shown to have been in error here...

easjer
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
^ Oh, I can clear that mystery up. Bruce Bowen was in Josh Howard's way, so he gently cleared him out.

I so don't get what all the fuss is about.

:rolleyes

Shank
11-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Look at the tape, numbnuts, and tell me that Bowen didn't try to step on him while he was on the ground. What Howard did was in retaliation and his quote today backed that up. Ask your boy Finley about Bowen's tactics. This isn't groundbreaking.

sandman
11-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Good to see Mav fans clearly pointing out what Bowen did wrong and not confining themselves to vague accusations. Howard's still the only one that has shown to have been in error here...

I wouldn't worry about it. These are the same ones who still use "Roy Tarpley" and "medicinal purposes" in the same sentence.

sandman
11-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Look at the tape, numbnuts, and tell me that Bowen didn't try to step on him while he was on the ground. What Howard did was in retaliation and his quote today backed that up. Ask your boy Finley about Bowen's tactics. This isn't groundbreaking.

Is this the same tape where you saw Parker commit a "quadruple dribble"?

Shank
11-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I wish I lived in a world full of infallibility such as yours. I'd never have to pay taxes.

sandman
11-03-2006, 06:06 PM

*cough* juwan howard taking derek anderson out of the playoffs with a cheap shot *cough*

Winnipeg_Spur
11-03-2006, 06:09 PM
It looked to me like Howard just tried to grab Bowen when he was on the ground but granted there was never a real good look and I can accept that.

Just because Bowen is successful in getting inside players' heads don't imply that he's a dirty player. To me a dirty player is one who goes out there with the intent to injure his opponent and while Bowen certainly has some things in his bag of tricks that involve contact, most of what he does is to annoy his opponents, not injure them.

cornbread
11-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Howard's gotta protect himself from Big Bad Bowen, the baddest mutha f****a in the whole damn league! Who knows what could've happened if he didn't protect himself. Bowen might have just stepped right over him!! That's some dangerous shit we're talking about. :lol

That "self defense" line sounded just as lame last year when Cuban said that Terry had to defend himself against Finley by turning his nuts into a speedbag.

Seriously, a little maturing for Howard could go a long way.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Why would anybody expect a Maverick to know the definition of "self defense" when they don't know the definition of "defense"?

cornbread
11-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Why would anybody expect a Maverick to know the definition of "self defense" when they don't know the definition of "defense"?
:lol

Bob Lanier
11-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Stackhouse = thug?
Unfamiliar with Jerry Stackhouse?

cornbread
11-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Stackhouse = thug?

Please reference Joe Johnson's broken face in the 2005 playoffs.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2006, 02:24 PM

Of course he did it on purpose. :angel

Please, you guys crack me up.

cornbread
11-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Of course he did it on purpose. :angel

Please, you guys crack me up.

Stack is a fan of the hard foul. It was only a matter of time before he sent somebody to intensive care.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Joe Johnson hung onto the rim, slipped and hit his face on the floor. I'll never understand why they called a flagrant on that. There are a dozen good examples to prove Stackhouse is an ignorant thug. That isn't one of them.

mavsfan1000
11-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm not going to defend Stackhouse. He is the black sheep on the mavs. Fuck him and fuck Avery for playing him so much. He sucks. Bowen though stepping on Howard was pure crap and I'm glad Howard retalliated.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm not going to defend Stackhouse. He is the black sheep on the mavs. Fuck him and fuck Avery for playing him so much. He sucks. Bowen though stepping on Howard was pure crap and I'm glad Howard retalliated.
I'm glad Howard retailated too. Other teams should now know that he's a dumbass who's easy to take out of his game.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm glad Howard retailated too. Other teams should now know that he's a dumbass who's easy to take out of his game.

Not every team has a guy who gets in player's heads like Bowen does, so I'd doubt that would hapen....

BeerIsGood!
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM
What is all this about? Bowen never stepped on Howard, and all Howard did was give a little shove. I did worse in fucking kindergarden, this is a non issue.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
What is all this about? Bowen never stepped on Howard, and all Howard did was give a little shove. I did worse in fucking kindergarden, this is a non issue.
Howard grabbed Bowen's foot, but was all Bowen's fault. Just like it was Finley's fault for putting his nuts into JT's fist. Just like Dirk goes to the line because he's awesome and aggressive, but Wade goes to the line because he's a cheater and the league sucks with their fixed games. Just like it was Shaq's fault for flopping to the ground after Jerry Stackhouse got a clean block.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Howard grabbed Bowen's foot, but was all Bowen's fault. Just like it was Finley's fault for putting his nuts into JT's fist. Just like Dirk goes to the line because he's awesome and aggressive, but Wade goes to the line because he's a cheater and the league sucks with their fixed games. Just like it was Shaq's fault for flopping to the ground after Jerry Stackhouse got a clean block.

I know that's when you had one of your many bitch-fests with me, so tell me when I said he goes to the line because he's a cheater.

spurtime
11-05-2006, 08:50 PM
What's funny about this whole argument is that Mav fans expect us to care whether a dirty play by Bruce preceded Josh's display of stupidity. Bruce does things to get under opponents' skin and I love him for it. It's the weak minded of our opponents that he gets out of their game and it increases our team's chances of winning.

Mav fan should more concerned that they have a player who would risk an ejection over such a minor incident. There is way more contact than that throughout a game.

ShoogarBear
11-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm surprised Josh didn't call a time out . . .

mavs>spurs2
11-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Joe Johnson hung onto the rim, slipped and hit his face on the floor. I'll never understand why they called a flagrant on that.

God at least someone else saw what really happened. For a while I was starting to think my eyes played tricks on me.

veronicamae
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm surprised Josh didn't call a time out . . .

:lol

Dave McNulla
11-06-2006, 02:20 AM
josh howard is mind-fucked. so much potential, but so mind-fucked.

MI21
11-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Come on guys, take a time out and calm down :)

Obstructed_View
11-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I know that's when you had one of your many bitch-fests with me, so tell me when I said he goes to the line because he's a cheater.
Well, it's a general mindset shared by all of you, but if you insist...

Maybe the playoffs are when the legue really shows it's favotism to it's "cover boy" players.

There's one. Considering you are a Mavs fan, the above statement on a Spurs board just makes you an idiot.