PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Unimpressive

kris
11-03-2006, 02:06 AM
I wish Duncan would go back to being a force instead of a good role player.
Does anyone think Duncan still plays like a dominant player? I personally get embarrassed when Diop rejects his weak post up attempts.

Solid D
11-03-2006, 02:22 AM
I thought Diop did a great job tonight on Timmy. The only thing I would have liked to see was for Timmy to take Diop out and away from the lane a little more. Face up and test the bank shot. Also, Howard was pretty disruptive from the blind side when Tim turned into the lane.

One thing some people didn't mention was that Timmy put Diop and Nowitzki on the bench with fouls. That hurt the Mavs during some key stretches.

polandprzem
11-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Not a worry at this stage of a season.
Duncan can still dominate at low post.
Next game is vs Gooden, Z and Marshall. Tim can roll over Gooden and outsmart Z.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Jeez, Kris, give him a break! He'll be back when he's needed.

BTW, looking forward to seeing you when I come to SA. We'll eat lotsa texmex together. :)

kris
11-03-2006, 02:51 AM
I'm always on Duncan. It's my niche.

RC's Boss
11-03-2006, 02:51 AM
I thought Diop did a great job tonight on Timmy. The only thing I would have liked to see was for Timmy to take Diop out and away from the lane a little more. Face up and test the bank shot. Also, Howard was pretty disruptive from the blind side when Tim turned into the lane.

One thing some people didn't mention was that Timmy put Diop and Nowitzki on the bench with fouls. That hurt the Mavs during some key stretches.
Exactly, fuck stats, he got them in foul trouble and we won!

johngateswhiteley
11-03-2006, 02:55 AM
its one game....big f'n deal.

Kori Ellis
11-03-2006, 02:57 AM
its one game....big f'n deal.

If that's the case, then no one should be impressed with Elson either :downspin:

For the record, I think Tim will have his best season since 2001-02.

Jonathan
11-03-2006, 02:59 AM
I'm not gonna get ahead of my self because i hate to think about this but god damn did Duncan suck ass yeah we win but we need Timmy to play at a high level if we're gonna win :ihit

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-03-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm not gonna get ahead of my self because i hate to think about this but god damn did Duncan suck ass yeah we win but we need Timmy to play at a high level if we're gonna win :ihit

Yes..... yes he is. Beno is the real future of the team

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey Kori, you promised us Jonathan would be gone by the first game of the season. So what's this then??? :lol

Kori Ellis
11-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey Kori, you promised us Jonathan would be gone by the first game of the season. So what's this then??? :lol

He was gone. It's called being so desperate to post somewhere that you use a proxy server to generate new IPs.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-03-2006, 03:07 AM
He was gone. It's called being so desperate to post somewhere that you use a proxy server to generate new IPs.
Is that the same case with Louis2?

Kori Ellis
11-03-2006, 03:08 AM
Is that the same case with Louis2?

Yep.

There's only so much I can do.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-03-2006, 03:12 AM
You're overreacting about Duncan's blah performance. I hope tomorrow he gets a good game going, just to help him get his feet wet for an MVP calibre season.

dbreiden83080
11-03-2006, 03:20 AM
If Timmy is healthy he will go for about 21 and 12 this year. The days of 25 and 12 Timmy are gone not because he can't do it anymore but because of what he has around him. Tony is blosseming every day into a star. When Manu is right he is a star. Timmy just does not have to do what he used to for this team to win. Trust me if Timmy was putting up monster numbers and the Spurs were not title contenders everyone would be bitching. I prefer his stats to be down and the team to be this good, thank you very much.

timvp
11-03-2006, 03:29 AM
I think most of Duncan's problem was he lost confidence in his jumper. He missed a couple badly early and then went away from it.

Same thing happened at times last year ... even in the playoffs when he was playing pretty well. Hopefully he can find his stroke sometime this year.

RC's Boss
11-03-2006, 03:29 AM
If Timmy is healthy he will go for about 21 and 12 this year. The days of 25 and 12 Timmy are gone not because he can't do it anymore but because of what he has around him. Tony is blosseming every day into a star. When Manu is right he is a star. Timmy just does not have to do what he used to for this team to win. Trust me if Timmy was putting up monster numbers and the Spurs were not title contenders everyone would be bitching. I prefer his stats to be down and the team to be this good, thank you very much.
Good one! Personally I think he's getting a feel for his team although they have the same core, I'm sure there are a few differences from last season. He'll get rolling soon as he hits a few bank shots then it'll be on like meeting a Vegas hooker w/ 3 grand in your hand that you just won :drunk

Tek_XX
11-03-2006, 03:33 AM
If that's the case, then no one should be impressed with Elson either :downspin:

Slightly different expectations game here. Duncans just a little rusty, had to get used to that game action. But if he's healthy he'll be the timmy of old in no time.

Slo spurs fan
11-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Maybe Tim hit rookie wall?

mavsfan1000
11-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Diop did a nice job tonight. Dampier was a waste of space though. He sucked.

LuvBones
11-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Duncan suddenly lost the ability to pump fake... but it's only game 1.

ShoogarBear
11-03-2006, 03:48 AM
For the record, I think Tim will have his best season since 2001-02.For that to happen he'll have to get the bank shot back.

Marcus Bryant
11-03-2006, 03:54 AM
Spurs beat Mavs without a dominant performance by TD. Good sign.

Kori Ellis
11-03-2006, 03:54 AM
For that to happen he'll have to get the bank shot back.

I'm not saying he'll get 01-02 stats (25+/13) but just the best overall stats since that year. Hopefully 23/13/3. He really needs to rebound a lot this season. Because I still think it's a big Spurs team weakness. The Spurs will run more this season because Elson and Oberto are much faster than Rasho and Nazr. So they will probably score more than last year, including Tim.

johngateswhiteley
11-03-2006, 03:58 AM

impressed with Elson tonight? sure. but, thats correct, it is just one game and there should never be too much put into that. we know what Duncan is going to give us for the season...one game from Elson means nothing. although, i do think he will fit nicely...

TDMVPDPOY
11-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Duncan suddenly lost the ability to pump fake... but it's only game 1.

cose malik rose, nazr is not here to teach him how to be a pumpfake master!!!

the team will win, IN FUKN BENO WE TRUST

TurkishTimDuncan
11-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Everystar sometimes played bad. But I believed Duncan is still best player in the nba.

boutons_
11-03-2006, 05:48 AM
The last thing I want Tim to do is permit dreck like Diop to push Tim out of the paint into jumpshooting area. Tim jumpshooting, yeah, that's what makes him so valuable.

Tim, stay down low and punish the bastards.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2006, 05:56 AM
When Duncan would go to his move especially away from the baseline, he would get 3 mavs around him. opened up for everyone else. i just wished he wouldve passed it out of there.

GrandeDavid
11-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Sound like Duncan was a fine role player in ways last night, but I will be watching tonight's game against Cleveland and would be happy to give you a professional assessment of the state of his game tomorrow morning.