PDA

View Full Version : Lineup idea

TwoHandJam
11-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Lost in all the euphoria over the Parker signing, I've been wanting to throw out an idea that's been ruminating for a while. Apologies if someone has already brought this up.

Ever since Rasho's mini-breakout last year when Tim was injured, I've always wondered if it wouldn't be better if Pop found some way to bring Rasho in off the bench. Lets look at some of the facts:

1) Rasho played his best ball of the season with Tim injured.
2) He doesn't seem to benefit much from starters minutes (29 mpg last year) as Pop doesn't keep him in at the end of games.
3) His rebounding seems wasted with Tim on the court since Tim seems to grab most of them.
4) This year he'd be paired with Beno whom he's already used to playing with.

Pop has a couple of options that I see. For this year, he could start Tim at center and Horry at pf. Horry helps spread the floor and he's still a capable defender. He's only 33 (34?) and could still log 25 mpg as a starter with Rose perhaps filling in sometimes where matchups warrant.

If we sign a guy like Javtokas next year, we could slide Tim back to pf and start him as the bruising, rebounding center. Either way, we should benefit from a better performing Rasho and a legit 7' on the court at all times, not to mention whatever synergy he'd have with Beno.

Thoughts?

RobinsontoDuncan
11-01-2004, 10:15 PM
sounds good, but they want Scola, they have to resign brown, and they're paying rasho way to much for him to come off the bench. sorry i dont think it'll work

Marcus Bryant
11-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Rose will be finishing games this season most likely so Radosoft might as well go to the bench.

TwoHandJam
11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
sounds good, but they want Scola, they have to resign brown, and they're paying rasho way to much for him to come off the bench. sorry i dont think it'll workWell they're already paying Malik $42M to barely play at all so I don't think the money is a problem. Pop didn't hesitate to have Manu come off the bench when it was better for the team even though he was the better player. Pop has always been all about putting the best lineup on the floor regardless of who makes the most money.

If Brown blows up this year (the signs are there) and we're going to pay Brown next year, I don't know if they'll bring an unproven-in-the-NBA-Scola over.... unless of course Malik gets traded. Javtokas could be had for much less than Scola though...

SequSpur
11-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Trade Malik and Rasho for Alonzo Mourning and Richard Jefferson.

T Park
11-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Malik and Rasho for Alonzo Mourning and Richard Jefferson

A center who wont play again and a non shooting small forward.

Makes sense.

:rolling

BronxCowboy
11-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I agree that it's a ridiculous idea, but just to keep facts straight, Mourning IS playing again.

xcoriate
11-01-2004, 11:38 PM
We should trade the draft rights to Scola already someone should be stupid enough to give us a decent pick or player back.