PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the new rule about bitching to officials doesn't apply to Lebron

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-03-2006, 10:44 PM
That's twice now tonight he's run up to an official and complained. I've seen Bibby, 'Sheed, and 'Melo thrown out for less.

Zunni
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I noticed.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-03-2006, 10:46 PM
or KG :smokin

it only applies to Melo :drunk

01Snake
11-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Dirk did the same shit last night and no call yet Diop got nailed for it. Must not apply to the "star" players.

HeadBanger
11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Royalty always gets away with it.

makedamnsure
11-03-2006, 10:51 PM
what crap

adidas11
11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
LeBron is the premier player in the league. No way should this new rule apply to him.

makedamnsure
11-03-2006, 11:02 PM
I can't wait to see what happens when we play Wade!!! :rolls eyes:

G-Nob
11-03-2006, 11:09 PM
stars will always be above the law

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Did Tim get a quick T when he or did he complain?

1Parker1
11-03-2006, 11:11 PM
That's twice now tonight he's run up to an official and complained. I've seen Bibby, 'Sheed, and 'Melo thrown out for less.

:lol I saw Duncan do that quite a few times this game too and he got away with it so...

picnroll
11-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm a witness.

1Parker1
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm a witness.

:lol

milkyway21
11-03-2006, 11:19 PM
:lol I saw Duncan do that quite a few times this game too and he got away with it so...: :downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

dbreiden83080
11-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah and they are letting Tim get away with it as well i am noticing. We all know Tim is notorious for working the refs during a game. I think if you basically go to the refs when there is a stoppage in play and talk to them, they will let it go but if you show them up at all during play they will T you up.

v2freak
11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
^Bingo. Tim talked to the refs during a timeout

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2006, 12:16 AM
I saw TD talk to McCutcheon, but it was going into a timeout. That was a stark contrast to Lebron's high stepping routine after he smacked Tony in the face and then again after Manu stopped his breakaway when he went and whined to Salvatore.

SoCal
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
:cry Here we go Spurs Fans :cry

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Hes the "chosen one"

Its expected...

dbreiden83080
11-04-2006, 12:28 AM
:cry Here we go Spurs Fans :cry

What does that mean, nobody is crying it is 2 games into the season for god's sake.

adidas11
11-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Shaq would have never let LBJ posterize him like above.

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Good old Shank violating the rules...

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
thats not all nuttz

damn lebron fans keep on over rating a dunk

FromWayDowntown
11-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Shaq would have never let LBJ posterize him like above.

Shaq wouldn't have been able to rotate over in time to even be in the picture.

Duncan did the right thing on that play.

ponky
11-04-2006, 03:31 AM
Shaq wouldn't have been able to rotate over in time to even be in the picture.

Duncan did the right thing on that play.

stop, drop and roll?

haha, just kidding...espn just showed the top ten plays of the nights in sports and lebron's in TWO of them, the timmy posterized play and another one where lebron does a left hand layup over duncan

Slydragon
11-04-2006, 03:57 AM
What about when he did his dance after a play? Elson did not dance on the Mavs after a dunk and got a T.

ponky
11-04-2006, 04:10 AM
What about when he did his dance after a play? Elson did not dance on the Mavs after a dunk and got a T.

He danced? I missed that, I'll go back and check. This has been rehashed. Duncan didn't get called for a T for getting all wide-eyed and throwing his arms out with palms facing down like he usually does and yet Rasheed did the same thing and got tossed. Dirk and Cassell don't get T'ed up and yet Nocioni and Bibby do, there's no rhyme or reason, just plain bullshit. Wade got a T the other night though and he's supposedly the darling of the NBA right now with all the commercials he's been doing like crazy. Hopefully the refs will cut the crap and not be so trigger happy. I like the rule but they're being a bit ridiculous right now. Besides, what's the big effing deal? Look at the rehearsed celebrations that go on in the NFL.

icem
11-04-2006, 04:52 AM
lol @ spurs wishing lebron would get kicked out so he would stop shitting all over them.

if you can't stop him, pray he gets kicked out i guess huh ?

lebron OWNS the spurs

Slomo
11-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Royalty always gets away with it.http://www.historywiz.com/images/frenchrevolution/1793Paris-guillotine.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
lol @ spurs wishing lebron would get kicked out so he would stop shitting all over them.

lebron OWNS the spurs

I didn't want him to get tossed, just see him get a T like he deserved.

LeBron owns the Spurs? How many rings does Lebron have? What's his career record against SA? Thanks for playing.

v2freak
11-04-2006, 02:46 PM
It is not unreasonable to request fair play

BUMP
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
already whining. :lol i guess their bitching doesnt apply only in the playoffs

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 02:57 PM
stop, drop and roll?

haha, just kidding...espn just showed the top ten plays of the nights in sports and lebron's in TWO of them, the timmy posterized play and another one where lebron does a left hand layup over duncan

Funny, cuz Thursday night, ESPN showed the top ten plays of the night in sports and it showed the Spurs owning the Mavs in the season opener :smokin

Shank
11-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Funny, cuz Thursday night, ESPN showed the top ten plays of the night in sports and it showed the Spurs owning the Mavs in the season opener :smokin

Ok, but which one will be replayed throughout the entire season and make any end-of-year montage?

And you people really need to get together and decide your stance. Was it "owning" or was it a "choke"? You can't have both.

Move on.

whottt
11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Skank...you're banned for posting video footage of NBA games...

That is the one no no at this site, because it can cause Kori to lose her press pass.

And I know you know this.

Take 24 to understand how important that rule is here and make sure you never do it again...then when you come back, don't do it again.

This hurts me more than it does you :smokin . I promise.

Spurminator
11-04-2006, 03:24 PM
A part of me agrees that Duncan did the right thing by standing in the way... but a bigger part of me would have liked to see Duncan make an attempt to block the ball and take the foul if necessary.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Personally I would have liked to see TD put him on his ass.

Spurminator
11-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe after seeing the highlight 800 times in the next two days, he will next time.

Lesson learned.

Although, from the looks of it, Bron was so high in the air I'm not sure Duncan could have reached his elbow even if he had jumped.

T Park
11-04-2006, 03:35 PM
kind of dangerous to knock a guy like that down that high in the air.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2006, 04:27 PM
kind of dangerous to knock a guy like that down that high in the air.

That play set the tone for the Cavs for the night.

If you don't want to knock him on his ass, fine. Duncan could have just wrapped him up and kept him from going up.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-04-2006, 04:35 PM
the flying Dutchman would have knocked him on his ass :smokin

dimsah
11-04-2006, 05:04 PM
the flying Dutchman would have knocked him on his ass :smokin
Is it a good thing to be named after a character from Spongebob?

ducks
11-04-2006, 09:41 PM

ofcouse not
he gets away with more then mj ever did

espn made me sick last night
:pctoss

if the refs do not let him score winning backs in the postseason he fails
when he does what bibby does the refs look the other way

HOW MUCH DOES JAMES GIVE STERN

ChumpDumper
11-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Whew, I was wondering what ducks opinion on this topic might be.

ducks
11-04-2006, 09:48 PM
espn sportscenter had more hightlights of james then all the nba players last night combinned

veronicamae
11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
James = $$$ for everyone. how many commercials is he presently appearing in? of course everyone kisses his ass.

i was at the game and he bitched to the refs after every call against him, and often against any call against the Cavs. he also posed for a picture DURING a free throw for 4 pre-teen boys who had courtsides seats and apparently worship the ground he walks on. talk about class.

duncanchick21
11-05-2006, 11:38 AM
to socal, us spurs fans don't cry. i've seen kobe getaway with murder. i think the ones who do the crying are laker fans

pjjrfan
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Judging from the game on Friday, a lot of things aren't going to apply to Lebron.

Dave McNulla
11-06-2006, 02:31 AM

lebron OWNS the spursdon't you think you could try to fake it a little better?

samikeyp
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
already whining. i guess their bitching doesnt apply only in the playoffs

but Mavs fans whining in the playoffs is ok? :spin

freedom&justice
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
stop, drop and roll?

It looked more like Stern's golden boy pushed off Timmy to make him stagger. Besides, I wouldn't call it 'posterized'..the image that comes into my head when I hear that word is Vince Carter hammering home a dunk over Alonzo Mourning's head.

Joepa
11-06-2006, 12:25 PM
It looked more like Stern's golden boy pushed off Timmy to make him stagger. Besides, I wouldn't call it 'posterized'..the image that comes into my head when I hear that word is Vince Carter hammering home a dunk over Alonzo Mourning's head.

God that was such a sick dunk.

freedom&justice
11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Stern's golden boy is the only one of the top four players in the league to not get T'd up, and he might just be the whiniest of them all. Wade, Melo, and I think Kobe have already gotten techs. Melo's the only one that's gotten tossed, though.
If Sheed had done even just a fraction of what Bron did he'd have gotten tossed in the first half! Dude was waving his hands around like a madman, talking animatedly to the refs with a frown on his face. Heck, Chauncey got T'd up for running to the other end of the floor after a foul call, and he never even looked at the effing refs; Elson got T'd up for 'taunting', Shaun Livingston for throwing his hands up, etc etc..

Stern's minions are just out of control, and they are so biased it's not even funny. :pctoss

tlongII
11-06-2006, 02:08 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's the way the NBA has operated for decades. Dr. J got all the calls. Larry Bird got all the calls. Magic got all the calls. MJ got all the calls. Now LeBron gets all the calls. It's a "star" based league and the league wants its stars to be successful.

ShoogarBear
11-06-2006, 02:32 PM
It looked more like Stern's golden boy pushed off Timmy to make him stagger. Besides, I wouldn't call it 'posterized'..the image that comes into my head when I hear that word is Vince Carter hammering home a dunk over Alonzo Mourning's head.This is what I think of when I think "posterized":

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/04-05/0426bradley.jpg

SenorSpur
11-06-2006, 03:03 PM
This is what I think of when I think "posterized":

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/04-05/0426bradley.jpg

Hey, it's a league where superstars get the calls. Everyone knows that. LeBron gets his calls, but so does Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Kobe, Shaq, D-Wade, McGrady, Yao and AI. That's the way it is and has been for decades. People pay to see superstars play. That's why it's rare that you'll ever see officials give up that 6th foul to a superstar. The refs will even admit that too. So they obviously are not going to "throw out" one of them under this new rule - unless there are unusual circumstances that warrant the disqualification. (See Carmelo Anthony's recent behavior).

As much as Duncan gets a critical by Mavs fans and apologists for whining and moaning to officials, I see Dirk, Jason Terry and other Mavs doing the same thing all the time. Instead of whining about others, perhaps they should look in the mirror. After all, weren't they the ones that cried CONSPIRACY during the NBA Finals during Games 3-6? Never heard a word about this during Games 1 & 2. Nor did I hear anything about it this during the conference semifinals versus the Spurs. Both those Mavs players and their juvenile owner truly embody what whining really is.

Also, there are few who whined more than Shawn Bradley when he was playing.

For what it's worth Shoogar, that's a great shot of the McGrady dunk. Kinad looks like their playing that ol' schoolyard game of piggy back horse.

That one play summed up Bradley's entire pathetic career.

Were you aware that that was Bradley's last play in the NBA. Right after that dunk, AJ immediately called timeout and took Bradley out of the game. He never saw another minute on the court during that series or for the remainder of the playoffs.

The Mavs bought out the remainder of his contract during the offseason. He retired shortly thereafter.

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2006, 03:46 PM
This new rule takes Superstar calls to the next level, it's purely objective, and every ref will call it differently.