PDA

View Full Version : If Elson isn't starting Sunday...

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm going to... wait, that's T Park's job. :dramaquee

I'm going to be pissed.

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:05 PM
What, go job hunting?

That would be a first.

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
What, go job hunting?

That would be a first.

I don't have a job?

Oh wait, maybe because I attend school.

You may continue. :dramaquee

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Explains the immaturity.

Whats the matter, can't get one after class is over?

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
You're calling me immature? Classic.

ShoogarBear
11-03-2006, 11:14 PM
This is way more entertaining than the game was . . .

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know what's more creepy. TPark taking a stalker like interest in my home life or well, no that's pretty much it.

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Now if TPark will allow us, back to the subject at hand. Elson starting Sunday.

ZStomp
11-03-2006, 11:20 PM
For once I think I agree with BH- Oberto MUST go... I can't stand his play. He looks lost out there.

:pctoss

Dre_7
11-03-2006, 11:21 PM
I have never liked Oberto. Id rather see Elson starting with Butler and Bonner backin him up. Trade or cut Oberto, shooot!

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Pop did it with Antonio when he stunk, he did it with SJax when he stunk.

He needs to do it with Oberto. And yeah, make Butler his backup. Is Pop the only one who doesn't know how long Oberto has been playing in the pros??? His legs are shot.

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Now if TPark will allow us,

You brought me up.

Read your own posts.

On the subject of Elson?

Why wasn't he starting out of camp, despite the bad preseason.

Just common sense.

1Parker1
11-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I like Oberto's energy and effort, I just don't think he's a capable starter in the NBA. He's too short to be able to defend some of the bigger centers in the league. But at least he's not afraid to shoot and can catch a pass...which is more than our two centers last season so...

ZStomp
11-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I like Oberto's energy and effort, I just don't think he's a capable starter in the NBA. He's too short to be able to defend some of the bigger centers in the league. But at least he's not afraid to shoot and can catch a pass...which is more than our two centers last season so...

He's not a capable player in the NBA!!

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:29 PM
But at least he's not afraid to shoot and can catch a pass...which is more than our two centers last season so...

See if we had the two centers from last year, Id agree.

But Butler and Elson neither are scared to shoot, and both can catch

So that arguement for Oberto starting is out the window.

Buddy Holly
11-03-2006, 11:30 PM
You brought me up.

Read your own posts.

Take a joke Mr. Penn. If you can't handle a rib of some lame ass action you did, then GTF off the net.

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Take a joke Mr. Penn. If you can't handle a rib of some lame ass action you did, then GTF off the net.

You did not just call me Sean Penn...... :lol

ploto
11-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Who's going to cover Bosh? That is the question. Pop always made Rasho do it. PF and all Bosh had 26 points (12-15), 15 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals against the Bucks. Combine this with Rasho's 10 points , 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists and 1 steal. :D

angel_luv
11-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Who's going to cover Bosh? That is the question. Pop always made Rasho do it. PF and all Bosh had 26 points (12-15), 15 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals against the Bucks. Combine this with Rasho's 10 points , 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists and 1 steal. :D

Way to work that in. :tu :)

:lol

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh please.

Were not seriously saying, "I wish we still had Rasho?"

Good lord....

ploto
11-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Answer the question- who covers Bosh?

And it does matter that the next opponent's starting big men combined for 36 points, 21 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 steals and 3 assists tonight.

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Elson.

Answer the question, why should I care that a guy that averaged 4 points and 4 rebounds last year is still here.

td4mvp21
11-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Elson can guard Bosh

leemajors
11-03-2006, 11:48 PM
elson had 4 fouls in 15 minutes, given more run he may have fouled out. no bigs played good but timmy.

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Of course he can.

The resident Rasho stalkers dont understand that.....

ShoogarBear
11-03-2006, 11:49 PM
GMAFB.

Last year it was Bowen who shut down Bosh.

T Park
11-03-2006, 11:50 PM
GMAFB

YOU KNOW

was it? :lol

angel_luv
11-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I am all for the current Spurs big men doing well. I hope Elson finds his niche and is awesome.
I would like to see Oberto get in the mix too. And Rob will be ready when we need him.

Funny, of all the new additions I was most excited about Jackie Butler and now I am undecided about him.

Anyway, the Spurs will be all right as will Sho. :)

ploto
11-03-2006, 11:56 PM
GMAFB.

Last year it was Bowen who shut down Bosh.

Might want to refresh your memory.

Rasho enrapturing: Center fuels lethargic win over Toronto

Web Posted: 12/24/2005 12:16 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Gregg Popovich needed five seconds to list the positives from the Spurs' performance Friday night:

Winning is better than losing.

Rasho Nesterovic played well.

Aside from that, the Spurs' 95-90 victory over the Toronto Raptors elicited more incredulity than praise from their coach.

"It's a miracle," Popovich said, "we have the best record in the West."

While the Spurs improved to 21-6, they labored to put away the 6-21 Raptors, providing the SBC Center's sellout crowd more drama than it needed. Toronto shot 47.9 percent, won the rebounding battle 39-36 and scored 18 points off 15 turnovers by the Spurs.

Oh, and the Spurs missed 13 free throws.

In short, it wasn't the type of tune-up Popovich was seeking heading into the Christmas Day showdown with Detroit. Since losing Game7 of last season's NBA Finals to the Spurs, the Pistons have compiled the league's best record at 21-3.

"Those guys are playing the best basketball," Tim Duncan said. "This will be a great test for us at this time of the season."

The Spurs can only hope they play up to the level of their opponent as easily as they played down to it Friday. Duncan barely missed a triple-double with 27 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, but Popovich was more concerned with his inconsistent defense.

Aside from Nesterovic, who matched his season-high with 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds, "most everyone else was inconsistent and spotty," Popovich said.

With three of the Spurs' previous four opponents having shot at least 45 percent, Popovich expressed concern about his team's defense even before stepping onto the court. Friday's performance didn't do much to ease his worries.

The Raptors entered the game ranked 25th in the league in shooting but had no trouble finding their stroke against the Spurs. Were it not for their own porous defense and poor free-throw shooting, they might have left Texas with their second upset in three nights.

Jalen Rose scored 19 points off the bench for Toronto, making all but one of his nine shots. Forward Matt Bonner also gave the Spurs trouble by drawing Duncan away from the basket. He scored 11 points in the first half, four coming when Duncan fouled him on a 25-footer.

"We have some new guys, but I think the most frustrating part (of the defensive struggles) is from the guys that have been here a while," Bruce Bowen said. "If we continue to make mistakes, how is Pop going to use us as examples for the new guys?"

Fortunately for the Spurs, Toronto was equally unsuccessful in its attempts to contain Duncan.

The Spurs were still clinging to a 73-72 lead with less than 10 minutes remaining when Duncan gave them the push they needed. He tossed in a jump hook, watched Nick Van Exel pull up for a 22-footer on the break, then drove for a finger roll.

"They were double-teaming me a lot," Duncan said, "but I think they got a little jittery there and gave me a little space. And I got some shots to go down."

The sequence energized the Spurs. After having Chris Bosh snuff out his dunk attempt, Brent Barry hustled back on defense, batted away a pass from behind and saved the ball to Van Exel. Nesterovic put back a missed 3-pointer by Barry, then blocked Mike James' layup attempt, triggering a break that ended with a 24-footer by Bruce Bowen.

Bowen's 3-pointer stretched the Spurs' lead to 88-77 and sent the Raptors into a timeout with 3:44 remaining. Nesterovic's teammates bounced off the bench to congratulate him.

In addition to making five of eight shots, Nesterovic often defended Bosh, whose quickness posed problems.

"Obviously, that's not a cover you want," Popovich said, "but I thought (Nesterovic) did a darn good job."

Even still, the Raptors had a chance to draw within two points when James came up with a steal with 28.9 seconds left. His layup attempt, however, slid off the rim. Nesterovic was intentionally fouled after taking the rebound and made both free throws.

The Spurs walked off the floor with another victory. And much to improve.

"Thank God they don't start the playoffs tomorrow," Popovich said. "Or we'd be in big trouble."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA122405.1D.BKNspurs.raptors.gamer.19903d16.html

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah too bad you've highlited about 2 out of 82 games, the other 80 he sucked ass.

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Yeah too bad you've highlited about 2 out of 82 games, the other 80 he sucked ass.
The topic is playing against Toronto and Bosh. Sorry I made you guys look like fools.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2006, 12:19 AM
elson had 4 fouls in 15 minutes, given more run he may have fouled out. no bigs played good but timmy.

Osucko had four fouls too, so why was he out there?

The topic is playing against Toronto and Bosh. Sorry I made you guys look like fools.

What's wrong with Elson on Bosh? He's fast enough to keep up with the guy. If by fools, you mean everyone who isn't sucking off Rasho for his one good game last year is a fool, I guess we're all fools then.

leemajors
11-04-2006, 12:20 AM

i'm pretty sure they put bowen on bosh in the 2nd half, namely 4th quarter and he shut him down. rasho may have defended him before that, but bowen was the one who locked him up towards the end of the game. (the second game in the series)

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:23 AM

actually the topic is Francisco Elson and your stalkerness brought in Rasho.

Your the fool.

leemajors
11-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Osucko had four fouls too, so why was he out there?

What's wrong with Elson on Bosh? He's fast enough to keep up with the guy. If by fools, you mean everyone who isn't sucking off Rasho for his one good game last year is a fool, I guess we're all fools then.

i thought i remembered elson coming in and picking up 2 quick fouls in the first or second quarter, then horry was brought in. i think the center play will improve as the season goes on - the rotation will be juggled for the forseeable future until some sort of consistency is shown. none of these guys have seen major minutes at the 5 in the spurs system, and it will take a while for everyone to settle in. (and i know oberto was here last year so spare me that comment)

ShoogarBear
11-04-2006, 12:26 AM
i'm pretty sure they put bowen on bosh in the 2nd half, namely 4th quarter and he shut him down. rasho may have defended him before that, but bowen was the one who locked him up towards the end of the game.Bowen is who they used in Toronto to shut down Bosh in the fourth quarter and OT when Duncan was out with the flu. He lit up Rasho the rest of the game.

ploto has no objectivity and precious little credibility on the subject of Rasho.

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:33 AM
You mean the game where the score was tied with less than a minute to go in the fourth quarter and Rasho had the put back dunk to give the Spurs the lead. :D

ShoogarBear
11-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah, that fits in well with the topic of defense on Bosh.

Like I said, no credibility.

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah, that fits in well with the topic of defense on Bosh.

Like I said, no credibility.

So you want Bowen on Bosh- then who covers Anthony Parker?

ShoogarBear
11-04-2006, 12:39 AM
We don't need Bowen on Bosh now. We've got a center who won't sleepwalk through the game.

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Once again, topic is Francisco Elson, and we said, Elson can guard Bosh.

MOVE ON. LET GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:40 AM
So Oberto on Bosh then? :lol

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Do you have, zero, reading comprehension?

timvp
11-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Give pluto a break. It must be hard to lose Rasho and planetary status all in a matter of months.

:smokin

ploto
Let's see. In March the awful Raptors played the Nuggets and Elson played all of 13 minutes with 4 fouls, 1 rebound and 4 points while Bosh had 18 points and 15 rebounds. Looks like a good choice.

E20
We need Nazr back. :dramaquee :dizzy :wakeup

ShoogarBear
I thought Rasho had planetary status.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Tim will probably guard Bosh to start the game. He doesn't need to guard Rasho.

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Let's see. In March the awful Raptors played the Nuggets and Elson played all of 13 minutes with 4 fouls, 1 rebound and 4 points while Bosh had 18 points and 15 rebounds. Looks like a good choice

Time to go to bed and hug the Rasho jock strap.

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Tim will probably guard Bosh to start the game. He doesn't need to guard Rasho.
Spurs are always afraid he will get in foul trouble. That is why I asked a valid question when I entered this thread. With this starting line-up, you are left with Oberto on Bosh. :lol

ShoogarBear
11-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Let's see. In March the awful Raptors played the Nuggets and Elson played all of 13 minutes with 4 fouls, 1 rebound and 4 points while Bosh had 18 points and 15 rebounds. Looks like a good choice.I see your point. In November Elson played against Dallas and had 4 points and 6 rebounds. In April he got a DNP-CD.

It all becomes clear now.

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Time to go to bed and hug the Rasho jock strap.
You asked what's wrong with Elson guarding Bosh. I simply answered. Bosh is not the same player as Dirk. If Elson got 4 quick fouls tonight, he will be in trouble on Bosh.

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:52 AM
You asked what's wrong with Elson guarding Bosh. I simply answered. Bosh is not the same player as Dirk

How are they different.

both are long power forwards who shoot jumpers from the outside.....

One is a little more agressive, but other than that....

Once again, Rasho is gone. Time to move the fuck on.

polandprzem
11-04-2006, 12:53 AM
T Park
Use Your Brian!

ploto
11-04-2006, 12:54 AM
How are they different.

both are long power forwards who shoot jumpers from the outside.....

Tell that to Bosh's 3 dunks tonight-- two set up by beautiful hi-lo passes from Rasho. :D

T Park
11-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Tell that to Bosh's 3 dunks tonight-- two set up by beautiful hi-lo passes from Rasho

Whoever this is boy or girl, has gone to the level of mental sickness.

The issue is dead...

Bruno
11-04-2006, 06:00 AM
Oberto, Elson and Horry won't do a worse job on Bosh than Rasho.
Rasho is a slow center, he isn't great at defending PFs.

Rasho is great a team defender and a great team defender against big centers like Yao and Shaq.

BgT
11-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, I'd have to agree that absence of Rasho will not decide this game. :) As for that game, I think Rasho's main quality was great help defense - when he needed to cover Bosh for few seconds and deny a single move.
Pop might try with Horry, but TD is probably going to take over as the game goes on. Or maybe not. :depressed

ibroughtsexyback
11-04-2006, 02:29 PM
For once I think I agree with BH- Oberto MUST go... I can't stand his play. He looks lost out there.

:pctoss

The truest words i've read all day.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
So Oberto on Bosh then? :lol
:downspin:

timvp
11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
:downspin:

I don't think ploto will be around. Looks like a whottt like retirement when the Rasho jocking got owned to the tune of 18 points and 17 rebounds.

T Park
11-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Pretttttyyyy quietttt....

Zunni
11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Pretttttyyyy quietttt....
...from the people wanting to put Oberto on the bench.

Buddy Holly
11-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I still want him on the bench.

pjjrfan
11-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Elson will eventually take over, he seems to be a better defender, and a better scorer, but right now he is still learning the system and Oberto as he showed against the Raptors and the knicks can do some good things. Oberto did a great job on Bosh and on Nowitski in the 2nd half of that Dallas game. I just think that right now Pop is very comfortable with Oberto. But eventually the change will come.

T Park
11-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Oberto shouldn't even be playing, let alone starting.

timvp
11-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Oberto shouldn't even be playing, let alone starting.

Wow. That's pretty drastic. He was the best big on the floor against the Raptors.

I don't know why it's always one or the other. Spurs fans should want Oberto and Elson to both play and play well. Both of them have big weaknesses and in order for the Spurs to be successful they need to both do what they can do.

--Kori

ShoogarBear
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Oberto is showing that there are situations where he can be effective, which is something I never thought I'd say after last year.

I still think Elson's upside is much higher, especially after he's comfortable in the defense and his offensive roles have been defined.

Buddy Holly
11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Spurs fans should want Oberto and Elson to both play and play well.

I think all sane Spurs fans want that.

I just want Elson to play along side Duncan. And coming off the bench limits that time.

SenorSpur
11-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Can't wait to see how Elson performs against the "setting" Suns. I feel like he's going to be a big asset in both our rebounding and transition D.

T Park
11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Wow. That's pretty drastic. He was the best big on the floor against the Raptors.

I don't know why it's always one or the other. Spurs fans should want Oberto and Elson to both play and play well. Both of them have big weaknesses and in order for the Spurs to be successful they need to both do what they can do.

I was alittle drastic sure, I just don't think he is starting material though.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 12:33 AM
I was alittle drastic sure, I just don't think he is starting material though.

He's shooting 80% from the floor and outrebounding Elson. So I think he's going to be starting for a bit.

Plus, Oberto plays better with Manu, so that helps that Oberto starts.

That being said, I expect a big day from Elson against the Suns.