PDA

View Full Version : Lakers raping Sonics

TDfan2007
11-03-2006, 11:05 PM
32-13 with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. :lol

We are by far the most pathetic team in the league when it comes to back to backs and such. Not many other teams seem to have a problem.

Budkin
11-03-2006, 11:09 PM
We're old.

1Parker1
11-03-2006, 11:14 PM
:lol Gimme a break...it's the frickin' Sonics.

PaceMonster
11-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Lakers will be raw as fuck this year...if kobe decides to become a role player

1Parker1
11-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Lakers will be raw as fuck this year...if kobe decides to become a role player

I think it has more to do with Lamar Odom becoming more consistent and not deferring so much to Kobe. He's been crazy good the first three games of the season. Almost triple doubles, he's aggressive, hitting 3 pointers, etc. If he can continue to do that and Kobe does his thing, Lakers may just get away with the fact that their starting PG is Smush Parker.

BTW, Bynum is looking good for them too...

Sense
11-03-2006, 11:31 PM
So much for the rape? 48-52... 4 mins in the 2nd

dirk4mvp
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
So much for the rape? 48-52... 4 mins in the 2nd

it's more like casual sex that just coast along smoothly.

td4mvp21
11-03-2006, 11:43 PM
If he can continue to do that and Kobe does his thing, Lakers may just get away with the fact that their starting PG is Smush Parker.

:lol

1Parker1
11-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Kobe looks weird in #24....I hardly recognize him. That and the fact that he only has 11 points at the half.

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Dayuum, don't look now, but are the Lakers actuall **gasp**....Undefeated so far??? :wtf

I know it's only 3 games in, but still...

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Kobe looks weird in #24....I hardly recognize him. That and the fact that he only has 11 points at the half.

me too. he should've stuck with 8

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:28 PM
The Lakers are starting to look a whole hell of a lot like the Jordan Bulls...

Almost an entire team of 6'8-6'10 hustle players built around rebounding and 2 versatile guard forward types.

It was eerily uncanny and highly reminiscent of the Bulls until one thing happened...

Luke Walton got a half court steal and kicked the ball to Kome then Walton beat Kome to the basket and Kome had two defenders right on his tail...

What did Kome do, with Walton just standing there wide open and him drawing all the attention?

Look right at Walton, realized that he should pass it to him(along with everyone else in the Staples Center) and then Ttried to score it himself and shortarmed a fingerroll...

There was an awkward silence after the play IMO.

It was at that point I realized they weren't the Bulls...luckily for them Tauriaf won that game for them...but Kome showed his true colors on that play...and as long as he is the leader of that team that is going to be a problem. No matter how many points he can score...because he's not Jordan.

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 02:05 PM
The Lakers are starting to look a whole hell of a lot like the Jordan Bulls...

Almost an entire team of 6'8-6'10 hustle players built around rebounding and 2 versatile guard forward types.

It was eerily uncanny and highly reminiscent of the Bulls until one thing happened...

Luke Walton got a half court steal and kicked the ball to Kome then Walton beat Kome to the basket and Kome had two defenders right on his tail...

What did Kome do, with Walton just standing there wide open and him drawing all the attention?

Look right at Walton, realized that he should pass it to him(along with everyone else in the Staples Center) and then Ttried to score it himself and shortarmed a fingerroll...

There was an awkward silence after the play IMO.

It was at that point I realized they weren't the Bulls...luckily for them Tauriaf won that game for them...but Kome showed his true colors on that play...and as long as he is the leader of that team that is going to be a problem. No matter how many points he can score...because he's not Jordan.

That's funny, because when the Lakers were down, I saw Kobe passing up shots and kept passing to his teammates and all I could think was....damn, he should just freaking take the ball to the rack himself and score to get back the lead.

Kobe is not Jordan, but don't think for a second that Jordan was as unselfish a player as people seem to make him out to be.

whottt
11-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Jordan was selfish shooting over 50% most of the time...Kobe is selfish shooting about 40%.

When Jordan shot...he usually did have the best chance of making the shot, I mena if a guy is wining scoring titles hitting half or better of his shots, why wouldn't you want him to take it? Converely...if a guy is hitting about 40%...why would you want him jacking up all the shots and passing up wide open men under the basket?

50%>40%

And furthermore...Kobe takes a lot more J's than Jordan did.

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Jordan was selfish shooting over 50% most of the time...Kobe is selfish shooting about 40%.

When Jordan shot...he usually did have the best chance of making the shot, I mena if a guy is wining scoring titles hitting half or better of his shots, why wouldn't you want him to take it? Converely...if a guy is hitting about 40%...why would you want him jacking up all the shots and passing up wide open men under the basket?

50%>40%

And furthermore...Kobe takes a lot more J's than Jordan did.

Kobe shot roughly 45% and averaged 35.4 ppg. Jordan did it shooting at 50%. Again, I'm not saying in any way that Kobe is better than Jordan, he's certainly not. But take a look at Kobe's team, aside from Odom, Kobe usually "does have the best chance of making the shot"....if they guy can score 82 points in a game and aver. 35.4 ppg on 45% shooting (Which isn't that bad), why wouldn't you want him to take the shot?

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Jordan never got tunnel vision and jacked up shots passing wide open men under the basket?

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Anyways, this is all moot, because Lakers still suck and I really don't think this whole ball sharing thing Kobe has going will last very long.

whottt
11-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Those are some good posts Miss1P1 and your statistical research is impressive.

However...one major difference...Kobe topped out at 46% or so on teams with Shaquille O'Neal drawing triple teams in the post...

Michael Jordan would shoot over 50% with entire teams geared to stop him.

Jordan was a way more efficient scorer than Kome...

True, he did ball hog and jack up more shots than Kome...but he also grabbed more rebounds, dished out more assists, got more steals, and got to the FT line more than Kome as well...and he was doing that without a 400lb 3 time Finals MVP Scoring Bigman opening things up for everyone.

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Those are some good posts Miss1P1 and your statistical research is impressive.

However...one major difference...Kobe topped out at 46% or so on teams with Shaquille O'Neal drawing triple teams in the post...

Michael Jordan would shoot over 50% with entire teams geared to stop him.

Jordan was a way more efficient scorer than Kome...

True, he did ball hog and jack up more shots than Kome...but he also grabbed more rebounds, dished out more assists, got more steals, and got to the FT line more than Kome as well...and he was doing that without a 400lb 3 time Finals MVP Scoring Bigman opening things up for everyone.

Excellent response Mr.Whotttttttt, very impressive.

However...some flaws in your logic. Read over my post, I wasn't talking about overall career. I was referring to the past season when Kobe averaged 34.4 ppg, highest since MJ when he averaged that. Secondly, going by last season, I'd say that Kobe also did that with entire teams geared to stop him. Hell, teams could quadruble him last season, he had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton playing alongside him! Of course Jordan is an efficient scorer than Kobe, I never argued against that.

Oh, and if you want to debate the whole Kobe had Shaq and Jordan didn't, I never understood that argument, especially coming from a Spurs fan. Because if I recall, during all those years that the Spurs failed to make it to the Conference Finals, it was mainly due to Kobe's crazy offensive outbursts in crunchtime and in the 4th quarter that killed us. Don't act like Jordan didn't have any help...he had arguably another top 10 player in the league next to him in Pippen, a great defensive player in Rodman, and several other key role players.

whottt
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Excellent response Mr.Whotttttttt, very impressive.

However...some flaws in your logic. Read over my post, I wasn't talking about overall career. I was referring to the past season when Kobe averaged 34.4 ppg, highest since MJ when he averaged that. Secondly, going by last season, I'd say that Kobe also did that with entire teams geared to stop him. Hell, teams could quadruble him last season, he had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton playing alongside him! Of course Jordan is an efficient scorer than Kobe, I never argued against that.

I looked and saw he averaged 45% a game...that's not bad, but it's not Jordan esque...and he did have Odom, he also didn't get anywhere near the finals.

Oh, and if you want to debate the whole Kobe had Shaq and Jordan didn't, I never understood that argument, especially coming from a Spurs fan. Because if I recall, during all those years that the Spurs failed to make it to the Conference Finals, it was mainly due to Kobe's crazy offensive outbursts in crunchtime and in the 4th quarter that killed us.

Before we got Bowen and after Elliott's Kidney went out...ya.

The reason Shaq wasn't the problem was because we had Drob.

The only year we had a healthy Drob, and Bruce, we beat LA and Bruce kinda owned Kobe.

The year after Drob retired it was Shaq that killed us.

Don't act like Jordan didn't have any help...he had arguably another top 10 player in the league next to him in Pippen, a great defensive player in Rodman, and several other key role players.

I agree he had help...he just didn't have anything remotely close to Shaq.

mikejones99
11-04-2006, 09:04 PM
most teams will rape the sonics this year then they will move to hell (ok).

21_Blessings
11-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I...and he did have Odom

That supposed to mean something? You also left out that he had the worst bench in the league and that team had no business in the playoffs in the first place.

The only year we had a healthy Drob, and Bruce, we beat LA and Bruce kinda owned Kobe.

You mean the year Shaq was plagued with injury and was completely out of shape for the playoffs? And the year Robert Horry went 4-28 from 3pt arc and the Lakers bench consisted of Samaki Walker, Slava and George? Thats what happens when the Logo leaves your organization.

Owning Kobe as in holding him to 32 points per contest. Yeah, ok.

he year after Drob retired it was Shaq that killed us.

Yeah, Kobe was a non-factor dropping a mere 26, 6 and 6.

I agree he had help...he just didn't have anything remotely close to Shaq.

What he had was a better team and arguably the best defensive shooting forward of all-time. A team, that won 55 games without Jordan and was a blown call away from the NBA finals.

Did Kobe sleep with your girlfriend or something?

dave
11-05-2006, 12:02 AM
when i read the first two words of the title
i thought kobe was at it again

whottt
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
You mean the year Shaq was plagued with injury and was completely out of shape for the playoffs? And the year Robert Horry went 4-28 from 3pt arc and the Lakers bench consisted of Samaki Walker, Slava and George? Thats what happens when the Logo leaves your organization.

Tough shit...I didn't hear any one making excuses for us when Elliott was playing on one Kidney, DA was out with a shoulder injury, Ferry's finger was broken, AJ and Porter were old, and Drob couldn't walk.

The bottom line was that before Bowen Kobe went off on us for about 35ppg on about 60% shooting...

I'd call that what happened after Bowen a drastic improvment...

Then again, I'm not a pathetic overly defensive Kobe sucker like yourself.

Owning Kobe as in holding him to 32 points per contest. Yeah, ok.

Owning him as in him shooting 43% and about 5 TO's per game.

Shit...I could score a 100 points if you give me enough shots.

Yeah, Kobe was a non-factor dropping a mere 26, 6 and 6.

Amazing how your own primitive grasp of the game leads you down the path of bitterness.

What he had was a better team and arguably the best defensive shooting forward of all-time. A team, that won 55 games without Jordan and was a blown call away from the NBA finals.

So Pippen>Shaq got it...

Is it lonely all by yourself on that Island of stupidity?

I do agree with you though...

Shaq was holding Kobe back...Kobe finally got to score over 30 points per game while getting bounced by lightweights...in the years since that he has made the playoffs...

Meanwhile Shaq's just hanging out in the ECF and Finals....

You guys sure showed Shaq.

Did Kobe sleep with your girlfriend or something?

How could he sleep with my girlfriend when he's got your lips permanently attactched to his jock?

Now run along...Kobe's balls itch so you've to work to do.