PDA

View Full Version : Kings beat Bulls at home for their opener, POW!

trueD
11-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Kings were strong on defense tonight and, despite 26 turnovers and 37% field goal shooting, were able to take the Bulls to the rack by one on a late game 3 by Bibby and a final hoop by Martin on an assist by Bibby with 6 seconds left in the game.

Bulls had time but turned the ball over in the final seconds to secure their 2nd loss, after an impressive over the world champs in their house just four days ago.

Kings were tenacious on the defensive end of the court and DID NOT GIVE UP when the going got tough for them offensively. Only six Kings players scored, Martin with 30 points and Salmons with 1 point. Starter Kenny Thomas did not score, despite playing 31 minutes before fouling out early in the 4th.

Leon Deng was Chicago's long shooter tonight, scoring 29 points and leading his team, along with Tim Thomas, in blocks (2). Isn't that Ben Wallace's department? Anyhoo, Deng wasn't enough, perhaps another time. :)

trueD
11-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Tyrus Thomas is on the Bulls, not Tim Thomas. If you knew basketball, you would know that Tyrus Thomas is the next Ben Wallace with an improved offensive game.My very bad, I know Tim plays with the Clips. I had him on my fantasy last year when he played with the Suns...

trueD
11-03-2006, 11:59 PM
And no, I don't know Tyrus Thomas. But I know a little b-ball ....

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Tyrus Thomas made Paul Forrester of SI.Com's Top 10 potential Bigs at #8, pretty good for a rook.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:06 AM
The man's playing with a broken nose, so give him some credit peeps!

JamStone
11-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Tyrus Thomas (as already corrected) and Luol Deng.

Not Leon Deng. Not Leon, Dang.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:08 AM
There's another THOMAS on Forrester's list, can anyone guess who it is without looking?

:lol

Fabbs
11-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Kings...the rack by one on a late game 3 by Bibby and a final hoop by Martin on an assist by Bibby with 6 seconds left in the game.

Bulls had time but turned the ball over in the final seconds to secure their 2nd loss, after an impressive over the world champs in their house just four days ago. :)

How did Chris Duhon turn it over on an inbounds pass with the Bulls up 88-84?
Was it a bad pass or did the Bulls have their heads up their asses instead of getting open?

b. once again before the clock expired.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
No, they turned the ball over in the open court (don't know who fumbled it, but it was definitely a fumble) on the last inbounds. I think the turnover you are talking about was when Buylls threw the inbounds too far ahead of the receiver (don't know the players' names) and it went out of bounds, with about 20 seconds left. I'm a gonna find the names ...

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Duhon threw a bad pass 13 seconds to go (think he was trying to hit Deng), turnover. Martin hit a two, then Duhon lost the ball on the inbounds to Shareef.

End. Of. Game.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:20 AM
How did Chris Duhon turn it over on an inbounds pass with the Bulls up 88-84?
Was it a bad pass or did the Bulls have their heads up their asses instead of getting open?

b. once again before the clock expired.Kings played FABB defense. You had to be there. :)

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Tyrus Thomas (as already corrected) and Luol Deng.

Not Leon Deng. Not Leon, Dang.Well I thought to try the big leagues in NBA forum, and crapping all over myself would be an understatement.

Thanks for the heads up. :tu

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:26 AM
GIG and Fabbs, sorry for the loss to Lebron. :rolleyes

Speaking of Lebron, got me a great bobblehead just this week from a dealer. Yep, that's right. It's Lebron ... a WOOD one! A card too, his rookie.

So see, I'm not such a homer after all. :lol

RON ARTEST
11-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Kevin martin had the game winner and we came back from 15, he also had 30 points! Bonzi who?

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Leon Deng

I wonder if Leon is a common name in the Sudan? His brothers' names are Marvin, LeRoy, and Jarvis.

atxrocker
11-04-2006, 03:56 AM
He was amazing for LSU last year in the tourney and was drafted 4th by the Blazers I believe.

Indeed. Dudes the real thing. Solid player with tons of potential. I'm a Ty believer.

Glad the Kings gotta win today. Kevin's looking impressive. The kids playin good ball. I hope he can keep it up. Nice win.

themvp
11-04-2006, 05:45 AM
Bibby with 11 turnovers. Nice.

White Goodman
11-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Bibby with 11 turnovers. Nice.

Bibby wasn't supposed to play for the first 5-6 games, he has a mallet thumb injury (the tendon along his thumb tip is separated from the distal bone), if you watched the game you could have noticed that for the most part he was using his left hand

trueD
11-04-2006, 11:31 AM
I wasnt trying to insult you or anything. Its just that if you follow the NBA, it is practically impossible not to know about him. He was amazing for LSU last year in the tourney and was drafted 4th by the Blazers I believe.Yeah, I read that too and recall all those drafted players by the Blazers being traded for, ahem, something of substance.

Following the NBA and college hoops don't always go hand in hand, no? Although I'll admit to being somewhat of a homer. It's only been a couple of years since I noticed there were other teams besides Kings' opponents. :)