PDA

View Full Version : Lebron destroys TD...

turambar85
11-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Damn, who saw Lebron make Tim Duncan his poster-boy bitch yesterday?

Big Tim Duncan needs to toughen up, or stay out of the Kings way.

cornbread
11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
It sounds like you don't know much about basketball so let me explain something. Lebron is the best player in the league. Lebron is also the most athletic player in the league. He dunks on everybody. It happens. There's nobody in the league that can stop him when he gets airborne.

You're obviously trying to talk smack and ruffle some feathers around here. You could do better.

Check back in when the Cavs play the Pistons. But I'm sure nobody on the Pistons will get posterized by the King.

Texas_Ranger
11-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Hahahahaha, have your laughing and I will have mine, sooner or later.

boutons_
11-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Even the light-weight sports snippets on CNN had the clip of LeBron dunking on Tim, including the ending bit where Tim turns, stumbles and falls to the floor like KO'd boxer. They also referred to Tim as "the former MVP". :lol

Along with Tim's FTs, this video will be pinned to Tim's rep forever.

It would have helped if Tim hadn't sucked hind tit for 3 qtrs and the Spurs had won the game, letting James have his fun and a loss.

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2006, 10:39 AM
that dunk made shaqs dunk on drob look like a fool or when hakeem schooled him

why are we always on the end of highlight reeels? :(:(

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 10:40 AM
haha, he put his nuts in his mouth.

But wtf happened to Kobe last night? he had a open dunk and got hung. I hope it's just he's still recovering from the injury. :oops

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 10:41 AM
It sounds like you don't know much about basketball so let me explain something. Lebron is the best player in the league. Lebron is also the most athletic player in the league. He dunks on everybody. It happens. There's nobody in the league that can stop him when he gets airborne.

You're obviously trying to talk smack and ruffle some feathers around here. You could do better.

Check back in when the Cavs play the Pistons. But I'm sure nobody on the Pistons will get posterized by the King.

When it comes to dunking on somebody, VC>James.

spurffic
11-04-2006, 10:57 AM
I agree about Timmy getting out played. Pit Face Pop needs to throw Big Jacky Butler out there who can maybe throw down or dethrone King James when he goes up for a dunk. Duncan is to light and Oberto (lol) don't get me started with him. Jacky Butler needs to show what he has. One things for sho' I know he has balls. One thing the Spurs desparately need right now is balls. These old savvy players need not be in the rotation (Barry & Oberto).

trueD
11-04-2006, 10:58 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20061103/CLESAS/recap.html

Lebron:

This is a great win for us. The Spurs are the best team in the league.

I know Spurs fans are still hurting over the ownage of Duncan by Lebron, and may accuse Lebron of saying what EVERY able-minded player does after a nice win over a great team with that compliment. But Lebron bows to no one. He shouldn't be considered in the same league as ANYONE who plays the game today. He said the Spurs are the best team in the league.

I was 4 years old the last time we beat San Antonio [on the road]

:lmao

Marklar MM
11-04-2006, 10:58 AM
For your viewing pleasure...Lebron over Duncan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiW3BU2pG5s

whottt
11-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Congrats to LeBron for ending a losing streak that began David Robinson's rookie year...

I had hoped to see the streak continue until next season when the Admiral goes into the Hall of Fame...but hell, I guess you can't have everything you want.

And watching the Cavs celebration was pretty heartwarming.

So what does the trophy for ending 18 year losing streaks look like anyway? I don't know because unfortunately, my team absolutely sucks at ending 18 year losing streaks...

And when is the parade?

And did anyone notice how jealous Duncan looked? I bet he wishes he knew what it felt like to end an 18 year losing streak.

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Congrats to LeBron for ending a losing streak that began David Robinson's rookie year...

I had hoped to see the streak continue until next season when the Admiral goes into the Hall of Fame...but hell, I guess you can't have everything you want.

And watching the Cavs celebration was pretty heartwarming.

So what does the trophy for ending 18 year losing streaks look like anyway? I don't know because unfortunately, my team absolutely sucks at ending 18 year losing streaks...

And when is the parade?

And did anyone notice how jealous Duncan looked? I bet he wishes he knew what it felt like to end an 18 year losing streak.

You sound like the one that wants to have a fuckin' parade over a record that ultimately means jack shit. This game wasn't a fluke, no matter how hard you try and make it sound like one, the Cavs are for real. I think that record isn't going to do much for you when the Cavs are kicking your ass for the next couple of years.

whottt
11-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I gotta admit...I do feel kinda owned...

I mean...trust me, nothing makes you fee like someone's bitch more than when they beat you for the first time in 18 years.

I hope you guys never have to feel what I am feeling now...

Oh wait...it is very likely that you won't.

Congrats.

Shit...first teams come in and end 18 year losing streaks...

Next thing you know the Celtics are going to get their first win against us of any kind in the Tim Duncan era.

What absolute prison bitches we are.

It almost feels as bad as when the Pistons ended that 10 year streak against us in the finals...

Ruined our whole season.

whottt
11-04-2006, 11:38 AM
You sound like the one that wants to have a fuckin' parade over a record that ultimately means jack shit. This game wasn't a fluke, no matter how hard you try and make it sound like one, the Cavs are for real. I think that record isn't going to do much for you when the Cavs are kicking your ass for the next couple of years.

Damn...Kings fan running smack now too...

Shit, you are right I am miserable...

Almost as miserable as when the Kings made us their bitch in the playoffs this past season.

Ruined our whole fucking season...

Bode you.

Pretty cool that your own team is so badass you get to run smack for other teams beating us.

Does it hurt when Lebron takes his nuts out of your mouth?

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I gotta admit...I do feel kinda owned...

I mean...trust me, nothing makes you fee like someone's bitch more than when they beat you for the first time in 18 years.

I hope you guys never have to feel what I am feeling now...

Oh wait...it is very likely that you won't.

Where is that 18 years of Cavs domination trophy at? I wanna see what it looks like. No trophy? Did they at least give you some gift certificates to Sizzler or something?

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Damn...Kings fan running smack now too...

Shit, you are right I am miserable...

Almost as miserable as when the Kings made us their bitch in the playoffs this past season.

Ruined our whole fucking season...

Bode you.

At least I can give a team credit when credit is due, instead of acting like it was a fluke. The Spurs kicked the Kings ass last year in the playoffs, Kings didn't have a chance because the Spurs were a better team. Just like the Cavs are a better team than the Spurs this year.

Most peple are humbled by a loss at home, they don't want to brag about the past and try to hang their hat on some useless record. But whatever.

whottt
11-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Where is that 18 years of Cavs domination trophy at? I wanna see what it looks like. No trophy? Did they at least give you some gift certificates to Sizzler or something?

Oh I agree...

Being on the right end of an 18 year losing streak definitely sucks worse than being the team that ends it.

Trust me...I'd trade places with the Cavs right now in a NYM.

And why are you asking me where the trophy is?

I am merely a Spursfan...what would I know about trophies?

Ask the Kings...they are the trophy experts.

whottt
11-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Well if there was a Cav fan here I probably would give him props...

But all I see are a bunch of pwnt motherfuckers talking shit for what their teams and players could not do...

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Oh I agree...

Being on the right end of an 18 year losing streak definitely sucks worse than being the team that ends it.

Trust me...I'd trade places with the Cavs right now in a NYM.

And why are you asking me where the trophy is?

I am merely a Spursfan...what would I know about trophies?

Ask the Kings...they are the trophy experts.

Why don't you post a pic of all the Spurs trophies? That would show me. Or you could just say that the Cavs are a good team and they will be tough to beat this year, but then again being a good sport probably isn't as fun for you as being a giant douchebag.

whottt
11-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Why don't you post a pic of all the Spurs trophies? That would show me. Or you could just say that the Cavs are a good team and they will be tough to beat this year, but then again being a good sport probably isn't as fun for you as being a giant douchebag.

Hey...what team holds the NBA record for most years without a championship?

Hint...51 years.

trueD
11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Its going to be a looooong year with LBJ in the league. LBJ is the bomb!

SRJ
11-04-2006, 11:57 AM
LeBron dunked on somebody? Impossible! When has that ever happened??

I guess one good looking play in one regular season win > the best team in pro sports in the 2000's decade.

Style counts for much more than results, doesn't it?

Ah, to be a that kind of fan again. Reading your comment sure takes me back. I really miss being dazzled by a single game. But then I turned eight, and I started to actually think about the game.

Tell me, kings fan, is Philadelphia the best team in the East? After all:

Chicago beat Miami
Orlando beat Chicago
Philadelphia beat Orlando

That's how that works, right?

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:00 PM
True...it's going to be a really long year...I mean..we have to play him what, one more time?

Sheeyyit. Hello lottery.

Tell you what...we'll trade Duncan for Miller straight up...because we want a bigman LeBron won't posterize.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:02 PM
hataz.

If LeBron would've did that to Dirk, this thread would be 5 pages long by now.

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Fuck...I can't believe we let Nazr go and kept Duncan...

Hey turambitch? If I apologize for talking shit will you give us Nazr back? I mean...so we won't get dunked on by LeBron again?

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:04 PM
hataz.

Well since when Dirk sees someone running towards him under the basket the first thing he does is run out of the way...I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 12:04 PM
LeBron dunked on somebody? Impossible! When has that ever happened??

I guess one good looking play in one regular season win > the best team in pro sports in the 2000's decade.

Style counts for much more than results, doesn't it?

Ah, to be a that kind of fan again. Reading your comment sure takes me back. I really miss being dazzled by a single game. But then I turned eight, and I started to actually think about the game.

Tell me, kings fan, is Philadelphia the best team in the East? After all:

Chicago beat Miami
Orlando beat Chicago
Philadelphia beat Orlando

That's how that works, right?

Glad to see somebody appoint their team the best of the decade halfway through the decade, good job! The Cavs won, so style was just a bonus to the result. What kind of fan do you miss being? A humble fan?

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Well since when Dirk sees someone running towards him under the basket the first thing he does is run out of the way...I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

Yes I know. He's smart when it comes to that, I've noticed. Get the fuck out of the way>look like a dumbass :smokin

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 12:07 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/nba/11/03/cavs.spurs.ap/p1.james.getty.jpg

dirk4mvp
In regards to whiny bitches here...remember this shit? :smokin

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos/2004-12-03-inside-spurs.jpg

dirk4mvp
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/nba/11/03/cavs.spurs.ap/p1.james.getty.jpg

He put his nuts in TD's mouth

Pwned :fro

ALVAREZ6
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes I know. He's smart when it comes to that, I've noticed. Get the fuck out of the way>look like a dumbass :smokin
Looking like a dumbass is better than being a pussy.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:09 PM
True...it's going to be a really long year...I mean..we have to play him what, one more time?

Sheeyyit. Hello lottery.

Tell you what...we'll trade Duncan for Miller straight up...because we want a bigman LeBron won't posterize.Well, there IS the post-season. Which Lebron said you will definitely be part of since you are the best team in the league. :)

Duncan would ruin our inside-outside style: NO 5 sets a better outside pic or can shoot the 3 like Miller. Plus, he won't be anywhere in the area when Lebron comes to town, that duty will fall to Artest, M. Taylor or down-low baller Corliss. Thank GAWD.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Looking like a dumbass is better than being a pussy.

Shawn Bradley forum [/Sequaspur]

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Well, there IS the post-season. Which Lebron said you will definitely be part of since you are the best team in the league. :)

Duncan would ruin our inside-outside style: NO 5 sets a better outside pic or can shoot the 3 like Miller. Plus, he won't be anywhere in the area when Lebron comes to town, that duty will fall to Artest, M. Taylor or down-low baller Corliss. Thank GAWD.

Miller is the softest C in the league. And that's sad when there's a Shanghai giants running around :depressed

v2freak
11-04-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty nasty. But what will happen when he's around 32 and has suffered an injury?

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Miller is the softest C in the league. And that's sad when there's a Shanghai giants running around :depressedMiller is a softie head-case, yes. But happily, he's not our franchise player.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty nasty. But what will happen when he's around 32 and has suffered an injury?You mean with 10+ more productive years under his belt? :lmao

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:22 PM
http://yaomingfanclub.com/images/gallery/05_07_23_swift_dunk_on_01_17.jpg

JamStone
11-04-2006, 12:28 PM
From an unbiased point of view, I don't think it was a poster by LeBron on Duncan. It was a nasty dunk, but to me, getting posterized means you're trying to contest and block the dunk attempt. Duncan just slid over and tried to get in the way. He didn't really jump. He just stood still with his hands up in the air. Others will disagree, but to me that's not getting posterized. Had Duncan jumped up and LeBron dunked the ball through Duncan, then I would have thought it was a poster.

The dunk was still nasty because LeBron had to jump as high as he did. But, Duncan did not try to stop the dunk other than getting in LeBron's way.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:30 PM
http://yaomingfanclub.com/images/gallery/05_07_23_swift_dunk_on_01_17.jpg

:jack

http://static.flickr.com/20/71711025_f104726b6c_o.jpg

:tu

:lol

ALVAREZ6
11-04-2006, 12:31 PM
From an unbiased point of view, I don't think it was a poster by LeBron on Duncan. It was a nasty dunk, but to me, getting posterized means you're trying to contest and block the dunk attempt. Duncan just slid over and tried to get in the way. He didn't really jump. He just stood still with his hands up in the air. Others will disagree, but to me that's not getting posterized. Had Duncan jumped up and LeBron dunked the ball through Duncan, then I would have thought it was a poster.

The dunk was still nasty because LeBron had to jump as high as he did. But, Duncan did not try to stop the dunk other than getting in LeBron's way.
:tu

But knowing that he probably would have been posterized, I think Duncan stayed his ass on the ground :lol

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:33 PM
The thing is...if Duncan comes back and dunks on LeBron...does anyone care?

He can't get revenge...because it's not as impressive of a feat.

Personally...I think Duncan would have schooled him if he had just hit his fucking FT's...

I'd have been wet if he did that.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Fuck...I can't believe we let Nazr go and kept Duncan...

Hey turambitch? If I apologize for talking shit will you give us Nazr back? I mean...so we won't get dunked on by LeBron again?

First, you are an absolute pathetic-ass excuse for a grown man for caring so damn much about a franchise that you never will be a part of. Shit, grow the hell up. Its just basketball. Sure it is awesome, but unless you're fucking Tim Duncan I don't see why your panties are so bunched up right now.

But, tell me one thing, did he make you hit it from behind, or did he finally own up to having a pussy?

Second, I can't give you back Nazr, I don't live in Detroit, and only slightly favor the Pistons over some teams in the league because of their style of basketball. However, I am sure you would like Nazr back...averaging a little over a double double in only 25 minutes per game. Damn, that feels good.

Third, Lebron did make Tim Duncan look like the scrawny-ass post prescence that he is. Eat some damned hamburgers Timmy...Not only did he get completely posterized, but his ass flopped and fell afterwards. He not only got dunked on, but he got knocked around as well. It was just plain embarrassing.

The Pistons will keep Nazr and show you how real coaching, and real NBA basketball makes even the most mediocre of players worth watching and worth having. However, we will send you a complementary box of Creatine, give Timmy boy 2 scoops at each meal, just stir it into his bottle. I'm sure he won't notice the difference.

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:34 PM

It maybe wasn't a "posterizing", but definitely a "videoizing" since Duncan's fall looked like a giant pine succumbing to a 100 mph cross wind.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:35 PM
The thing is...if Duncan comes back and dunks on LeBron...does anyone care?

He can't get revenge...because it's not as impressive of a feat.

Why wouldn't it be? That'd be ownage.

Nobody expected Duncan to dunk on Ben Wallace, but he nastied on his ass.

SRJ
11-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Glad to see somebody appoint their team the best of the decade halfway through the decade, good job! The Cavs won, so style was just a bonus to the result. What kind of fan do you miss being? A humble fan?

Seven seasons have passed this decade, my mathematically-challenged friend. 70% is greater than 50% last time I checked. Observe:

1) 1999-00
2) 2000-01
3) 2001-02
4) 2002-03
5) 2003-04
6) 2004-05
7) 2005-06

And to answer your second question, I miss being the kind of fan who thinks 1.22% of the season (one game, for slow-witted kings fans) means very much. For that matter, I was pleased by the Spurs opening win over the Mavs, but come on - it's one game out of eighty-two! The only thing we know at this point is that the Spurs were better than the Mavs for one night, and that the Cavs were better than the Spurs for one night. Combined, this accounts for 2.44% of the new season - in other words, we don't know a whole lot yet.

I know all of that is kind of head spinning, but I'm going to reserve judgment on "Cavs>Spurs" for right now. But they played better last night, I won't deny that.

cornbread
11-04-2006, 12:40 PM
hataz.

Who's hating?

Dirk would never get dunked on by Lebron. He would run in fear.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Who's hating?

:wtf

Have you not been reading pivot bitch's posts in this thread?

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Why wouldn't it be? That'd be ownage.

Well I promise you...if the Cavs want to make LeBron the guy who defends their basket I am 100% down with that...and I suspect LeBron will wind up on a lot of posters.

By all means...sit Big Z on the bench and let's have LeBron defending Duncan for an entire game....I am 100% down with that.

Nobody expected Duncan to dunk on Ben Wallace, but he nastied on his ass.

Actually there was another Piston there too that he dunked on...I think it was Sheed....Wallace just got the worst of it.

Point is...Ben Wallace is like a 2 or 3 time DPOY bigman...LeBron is a SF.

Is it PWNAGE if Duncan dunks on AI?

trueD
11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
All kidding aside, I like the Spurs. This is about Lebron.

I've been a Lebron lover since he entered the league and played his first-ever NBA game at Arco which, if memory serves, we won. But that was a long time ago. :lol

No one here smacking on Timmy or the Spurs. It's all about the 2007 MVP...

Ta-Ta boys, have a great weekend!

xoxo

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:44 PM
How about posting some pics before you leave former Miss USA?

If you are hot I promise to be nicer in the future.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 12:44 PM
All kidding aside, I like the Spurs. This is about Lebron.

I've been a Lebron lover since he entered the league and played his first-ever NBA game at Arco which, if memory serves, we won. But that was a long time ago. :lol

No one here smacking on Timmy or the Spurs. It's all about the 2007 MVP...

Ta-Ta boys, have a great weekend!

xoxo

:jack

whottt
11-04-2006, 12:58 PM
First, you are an absolute pathetic-ass excuse for a grown man for caring so damn much about a franchise that you never will be a part of. Shit, grow the hell up. Its just basketball. Sure it is awesome, but unless you're fucking Tim Duncan I don't see why your panties are so bunched up right now.

True...I should be more mature like you and act like dunking on someone(which only happens about 15 times per game) is winning a championship and a good way to evaluate the character of a player...

But, tell me one thing, did he make you hit it from behind, or did he finally own up to having a pussy?

I'm not sure but I think you just said your Daddy has a pussy, which explains a lot about you...more info than I wanted to know.

Second, I can't give you back Nazr, I don't live in Detroit, and only slightly favor the Pistons over some teams in the league because of their style of basketball.

Sure did use a lot of words to say you're a bandwaggoner...

However, I am sure you would like Nazr back...averaging a little over a double double in only 25 minutes per game. Damn, that feels good.

True...and I've seen Nazr dunk on someone before, thus guaranteeing his entry into the Turambitch HOF.

The Pistons will keep Nazr and show you how real coaching,

:rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao

and real NBA basketball makes even the most mediocre of players worth watching and worth having.

True...Darko sucks since he left the Pistons...

Will you guys also show us how to pass over a finals MVP, as well as Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony, to draft a guy we won't play then trade him for, shit, does anyone even remember?, and then watch even that guy tear it up after we trade him?

Yeah...we could use a lesson on how to wipe our ass with the second pick in the draft, and still have plenty of shit left over to get it all over our hands and face.

cornbread
11-04-2006, 12:59 PM

Second, I can't give you back Nazr, I don't live in Detroit, and only slightly favor the Pistons over some teams in the league because of their style of basketball. However, I am sure you would like Nazr back...averaging a little over a double double in only 25 minutes per game. Damn, that feels good.

Third, Lebron did make Tim Duncan look like the scrawny-ass post prescence that he is. Eat some damned hamburgers Timmy...Not only did he get completely posterized, but his ass flopped and fell afterwards. He not only got dunked on, but he got knocked around as well. It was just plain embarrassing.

The Pistons will keep Nazr and show you how real coaching, and real NBA basketball makes even the most mediocre of players worth watching and worth having. However, we will send you a complementary box of Creatine, give Timmy boy 2 scoops at each meal, just stir it into his bottle. I'm sure he won't notice the difference.

This sounds like 2005 sour grapes. Did you miss those 3 championships, back to back MVPs, and 3 finals MVPs that Duncan has on his resume? I know you remember at least one of those championships. I think he's doing okay without your advice and your creatine.

Turambar85 gets my vote for Message Board Tough Guy of the Year.

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Seven seasons have passed this decade, my mathematically-challenged friend. 70% is greater than 50% last time I checked. Observe:

1) 1999-00
2) 2000-01
3) 2001-02
4) 2002-03
5) 2003-04
6) 2004-05
7) 2005-06

And to answer your second question, I miss being the kind of fan who thinks 1.22% of the season (one game, for slow-witted kings fans) means very much.

Since you decided to include the 1999-2000 season in this decade your team isn't even the best team of the decade to this point. The Lakers have 3 titles in the years you listed, so don't crown your team yet.

whottt
11-04-2006, 01:04 PM

I don't know what' fucking funnier...the fact that you think Flip is a real coach...or the fact that you think you are going to teach us this lesson with Nazr...

whottt
11-04-2006, 01:05 PM

:rollin

whottt
11-04-2006, 01:07 PM
The Pistons will keep Nazr and show you how real coaching

whottt
11-04-2006, 01:08 PM

shit I am laughing so hard, I just spit coke through my nose, my eyes are watering and I cannot breathe...

Turamber..if you ever make me laugh this hard again I am going to ban you for attempted murder.

JamStone
11-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Point is...Ben Wallace is like a 2 or 3 time DPOY bigman...LeBron is a SF.

Is it PWNAGE if Duncan dunks on AI?

Yeah, but Ben Wallace is 6-8 and 240, and LeBron is 6-8 and 250.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-04-2006, 01:15 PM
http://www.jump-shot.net/nba/images/169.jpg

SRJ
11-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Since you decided to include the 1999-2000 season in this decade your team isn't even the best team of the decade to this point. The Lakers have 3 titles in the years you listed, so don't crown your team yet.

Well, including the 2000 season as I did, the Spurs won 21 more games than the Lakers, averaging 57 wins to the Lakers' 54. No NBA team has won more games in those seven seasons. And considering current trends, that gap between the Spurs and Lakers is likely to widen between now and 2009.

The Spurs build a winner with smart spending and drafting. The Lakers three-peat was largely the result of having two of the top five players in the game.

Frankly, I'll take my team over the Lakers despite that one fewer championship. The way RC and Pop run things, they're a lot more likely to contend for the next one as well as down the road.

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Frankly, I'll take my team over the Lakers despite that one fewer championship.

And you're trying to claim that you only look at the big picture? Anybody that would take a one less championship for more regular season wins is a myopic homer. If the Spurs don't win another title this decade, the Lakers will be a considered the better team in the decade.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 01:40 PM

I don't know what' fucking funnier...the fact that you think Flip is a real coach...or the fact that you think you are going to teach us this lesson with Nazr...

There is no "I" when it comes to teaching you a lesson. I am not associated with any NBA team. I, unlike most people, realize that this tribal bullshit of allying yourself with a group of people you will never meet, and who wouldn't give a shit if you died in your sleep, and then having such disdain and disgust for people who support other tribes, or teams, is completely child-like and pathetic.

I realize that most of you all had dreams of growing up and being famous, but living your lives through those of others is just plain sad.

I made that post to get a reaction, and to make this point. You will fight for, and die for, these random people who can do nothing other than play a fun game better than you or I can.

Lol, what a pathetic joke.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Classic thread forum

whottt
11-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Ok...I already gave you one warning to stop being the stupidest person who ever lived.

Seriously...just stop it. I like to laugh as much as anyone but now I am getting a headache.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok...I already gave you one warning to stop being the stupidest person who ever lived.

Seriously...just stop it. I like to laugh as much as anyone but now I am getting a headache.

Interesting response again. I feel like I am back in elementary school.

Thank you whottt for bringing me back memories of a happier, simpler time,

turambar85
11-04-2006, 01:50 PM
You, for whatever reason, have some machismo-inferiority-complex. However, do not start feeling special, most guys seem to have this problem. You have to do this stupid tribal warfare with sports, and then you can do no better than throw a smiley face at any response that says otherwise.

You are the definition of pathetic. Grow up, get a life, and find something else to care about.

SRJ
11-04-2006, 01:53 PM
And you're trying to claim that you only look at the big picture? Anybody that would take a one less championship for more regular season wins is a myopic homer. If the Spurs don't win another title this decade, the Lakers will be a considered the better team in the decade.

I'm talking about organizations. The Florida Marlins won as many World Series titles in the 1990's as the Atlanta Braves - is there even a smidgeon of a doubt as to which organization was better? Florida sucked sturgeon the rest of the time.

The Lakers in 2000-02 cashed in on the luxury of two top players playing together. Duncan was the only Spur to play for all three Spurs title winners. The degree of difficulty was a good deal higher in the Spurs case. All I can ask of my organization is that they field a competitive team, and the Spurs do. By contrast, the best organization in the NBA according to you, missed the playoffs in 2005. How does that work? How does the best organization pull that off?

Peter Beater
11-04-2006, 01:55 PM
What a nice dunk.

whottt
11-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Damn, who saw Lebron make Tim Duncan his poster-boy bitch yesterday?

Big Tim Duncan needs to toughen up, or stay out of the Kings way.

There is no "I" when it comes to teaching you a lesson. I am not associated with any NBA team. I, unlike most people, realize that this tribal bullshit of allying yourself with a group of people you will never meet, and who wouldn't give a shit if you died in your sleep, and then having such disdain and disgust for people who support other tribes, or teams, is completely child-like and pathetic.

I realize that most of you all had dreams of growing up and being famous, but living your lives through those of others is just plain sad.

I made that post to get a reaction, and to make this point. You will fight for, and die for, these random people who can do nothing other than play a fun game better than you or I can.

You, for whatever reason, have some machismo-inferiority-complex. However, do not start feeling special, most guys seem to have this problem. You have to do this stupid tribal warfare with sports, and then you can do no better than throw a smiley face at any response that says otherwise.

You are the definition of pathetic. Grow up, get a life, and find something else to care about.

I am sorry for laughing so much...but you are without a doubt tyhe biggest idiot I have ever encountered on a message board.

What a fucking idiot.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM

I am sorry for laughing so much...but you are without a doubt tyhe biggest idiot I have ever encountered on a message board.

What a fucking idiot.

How bout you tell me why. How bout you tell me what is wrong with what I said.

Prove me wrong.

whottt
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
I suggest you take some lessons from TPark on how to avoid making a colossal ass of yourself on a message board. :lmao

turambar85
11-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I have not made an ass of myself. I have said something that you disagree with, and yet won't tell me why.

Having a contradictory opinion, and being able to back it up, is not making an ass of yourself. Now, simply saying that someone is doing so, and being incapable of saying why, is.

cornbread
11-04-2006, 02:13 PM

You sound like a 19 year old kid who just finished his first day of Sociology 101 and thinks he has the world figured out.

If you're so superior to all of the simpletons that enjoy sports then why do you have nearly 500 posts on this board? Why the passionate post about TD needing to put on weight and lessons that Detroit will teach the world?
Is this all part of your social experiment to prove your superiority over everybody else?

It's nice to have something in life that doesn't really matter but you can still cheer for. If the Spurs lose we're disappointed but the world keeps moving. If they win we're happy and nothing really changes. It's entertainment. Is that okay with you? I'm sure you understand this. You wouldn't have any interest in sports if you didn't.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 02:19 PM
You sound like a 19 year old kid who just finished his first day of Sociology 101 and thinks he has the world figured out.

If you're so superior to all of the simpletons that enjoy sports then why do you have nearly 500 posts on this board? Why the passionate post about TD needing to put on weight and lessons that Detroit will teach the world?
Is this all part of your social experiment to prove your superiority over everybody else?

It's nice to have something in life that doesn't really matter but you can still cheer for. If the Spurs lose we're disappointed but the world keeps moving. If they win we're happy and nothing really changes. It's entertainment. Is that okay with you? I'm sure you understand this. You wouldn't have any interest in sports if you didn't.

LOL

1st - Junior in Philosophy, only one course in Sociology and it was boring as hell.

2nd - I have nearly 500 posts, probably 5-10 of which are in sports, the rest are in the political forum.

3rd - I love the hell out of sports, and lived and breathed it for years, until I got too busy with school. But still watch every game I can. I go to minor league baseball games. I watch most televised baseball games. And I also play fantasy baseball and basketball. Sports are fantastic.

However, being a fan does not mean being a brain-dead sloth who gets this pathetic Us V. Them mentality, and hates the opposing team and their fans. I go to UT and there has recently been a statement by the Atheletic Director because the student section is so revoltingly rude towards the opposing teams. They yell things like "Fuck you Bama," call the opposing players pussies, scream and yell names at opposing fans, and once I heard them cheer when a Florida player went down hurt.

Liking sports, and being a nationalistic, tribal cave-man are two very different things.

4th - I explained my comments on Duncan, as well as my thread. I wanted only to prove this point. I thought it would be funny to draw some raving lunatic into getting pissed at me for insulting God Duncan.

It worked.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 02:27 PM
So, to sum it up in case Whott rejoins the conversation and has trouble picking up the bits and pieces, I believe that the tribal adherance to certain teams is ignorant, not liking the game, or the team, itself.

I like sports. I like teams. I like players. However, I would not get mad if someone insulted any of said things. I would not yell at someone for wearing a Florida Gators hat to a University of Tennessee football game. I would never scream or cuss at the players on the opposing team.

I have no qualms with anybody who enjoys sports, I just find the ones who do so in the tribalistic way revolting and unworthy of the brain they were given.

I do not think myself superior to sports fans. I am one.

I do not think that I am just some pussy who doesn't get sports, so I bash them. I played each of them for years, and have followed even longer.

And finally, I do not think it stupid to like sports, or even buy season tickets, it is the anger and ignorance that I have a problem with.

Now, all I have to do is sit and wait for Whott to barge in, throw out a smiley face, call me stupid, and leave.

Fun times.

But, until then, I am going to watch some college football.

Go UT!

cornbread
11-04-2006, 02:34 PM
LOL

1st - Junior in Philosophy, only one course in Sociology and it was boring as hell.

2nd - I have nearly 500 posts, probably 5-10 of which are in sports, the rest are in the political forum.

3rd - I love the hell out of sports, and lived and breathed it for years, until I got too busy with school. But still watch every game I can. I go to minor league baseball games. I watch most televised baseball games. And I also play fantasy baseball and basketball. Sports are fantastic.

However, being a fan does not mean being a brain-dead sloth who gets this pathetic Us V. Them mentality, and hates the opposing team and their fans. I go to UT and there has recently been a statement by the Atheletic Director because the student section is so revoltingly rude towards the opposing teams. They yell things like "Fuck you Bama," call the opposing players pussies, scream and yell names at opposing fans, and once I heard them cheer when a Florida player went down hurt.

Liking sports, and being a nationalistic, tribal cave-man are two very different things.

4th - I explained my comments on Duncan, as well as my thread. I wanted only to prove this point. I thought it would be funny to draw some raving lunatic into getting pissed at me for insulting God Duncan.

It worked.

Ha ha, Junior in Philosophy. I was pretty close!

If you really have a problem with all the "brain-dead sloths" in the world then why don't you do something about it? Going around calling people names like "tribal cave-man" and trying to "draw in some raving lunatic" isn't the best way to address what you obviously see is as a serious problem.

turambar85
11-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Ha ha, Junior in Philosophy. I was pretty close!

If you really have a problem with all the "brain-dead sloths" in the world then why don't you do something about it? Going around calling people names like "tribal cave-man" and trying to "draw in some raving lunatic" isn't the best way to address what you obviously see is as a serious problem.

There is no way to stop this, and it is not serious enough to bother with, at least as things stand. It has a connection to more serious matters, such as Nationalism, but it alone won't lead to the end of the world.

As it stands, the only way to change people who have views like that, since they are incredibly pig-headed and filled to the brim with faux machismo, is to be aggressive and make them feel/look like fools. I could not hope to sit down and rationalize with someone like that, and even if I could, it would take much longer than I have.

This was only to prove a point. Maybe leave a seed of doubt, not cause wholesale changes.

Hell, even us Philosophy majors and book-worms need some entertainment sometimes!

cornbread
11-04-2006, 02:46 PM
As it stands, the only way to change people who have views like that, since they are incredibly pig-headed and filled to the brim with faux machismo, is to be aggressive and make them feel/look like fools. I could not hope to sit down and rationalize with someone like that, and even if I could, it would take much longer than I have.

This was only to prove a point. Maybe leave a seed of doubt, not cause wholesale changes.

Hell, even us Philosophy majors and book-worms need some entertainment sometimes!

I like to give people more credit than that. It's not as easy but I think you can appeal to people's logic in a less aggressive/demeaning way.

Enjoy the game. Hook 'em!

spurffic
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
JACKY BUTLER AND JAMES WHITE NEED TO BE UNLEASHED ONTO THE COURT NOW. We need to stop being pretty boys. The LJ dunk looked nasty and T-Duncan did nothing to retaliate. We gotsta get gangsta's out on the court. I'm sick of the Spurs playing the Choir Boy role. Let go of all the choir boys Barry, Oberto, Bonner, and Beno. We have too many in the starting line up as it is. BUTLER AND WHITE HAVE TO BE IN THE ROTATION NOW NOT TOMMORROW BUT NOW. Oberto Sucks and should kick himself out the team. Barry should start applying for his AARP card and start digging into his IRA retirement plan.

whottt
11-04-2006, 03:00 PM
JACKY BUTLER AND JAMES WHITE NEED TO BE UNLEASHED ONTO THE COURT NOW. We need to stop being pretty boys. The LJ dunk looked nasty and T-Duncan did nothing to retaliate. We gotsta get gangsta's out on the court. I'm sick of the Spurs playing the Choir Boy role. Let go of all the choir boys Barry, Oberto, Bonner, and Beno. We have too many in the starting line up as it is. BUTLER AND WHITE HAVE TO BE IN THE ROTATION NOW NOT TOMMORROW BUT NOW. Oberto Sucks and should kick himself out the team. Barry should start applying for his AARP card and start digging into his IRA retirement plan.

What a mature and articulate post[/turambar]

Leetonidas
11-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Some of you people are extremely retarded. Yep, the Spurs lost by 7 to the team was the best player in the game in the 2nd game of the season. No way we can win the championship now. :rolleyes

Sheesh, grow up.

dave
11-04-2006, 06:12 PM
You can't post copyrighted NBA video here.

trueD
11-04-2006, 09:10 PM
How about posting some pics before you leave former Miss USA?

If you are hot I promise to be nicer in the future.
Hmmmm, a sexist bully. How attractive.

Please don't clump me in there with the rest of the FormerMissUSA's you've known. :lol Nice is very overrated.

Pics are in the archives, gawk on your own dime.

dave
11-04-2006, 09:31 PM
sorry kori
i only found out about the rules after i posted

wont happen again

Slinkyman
11-04-2006, 09:38 PM
That dunk was badass no doubt, but Tim couldn't have done anything to stop lebron on that play. Oberto fucked that play all up. terrible D.

Rip-Hamilton32
11-04-2006, 09:42 PM
lol so many excuses for being posterized..anyone see chandler's dunk? it was sick but not on an all star but still nice

whottt
11-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Hmmmm, a sexist bully. How attractive.

Who are you calling a bully?

And I didn't force you to enter the contest darlin'...or pick the name.

Please don't clump me in there with the rest of the FormerMissUSA's you've known. :lol Nice is very overrated.

Pics are in the archives, gawk on your own dime.

Ok. Going to go check this out.

whottt
11-04-2006, 10:17 PM
So...how about those Bobcats?

DirkAB
11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm talking about organizations. The Florida Marlins won as many World Series titles in the 1990's as the Atlanta Braves - is there even a smidgeon of a doubt as to which organization was better? Florida sucked sturgeon the rest of the time.

The Lakers in 2000-02 cashed in on the luxury of two top players playing together. Duncan was the only Spur to play for all three Spurs title winners. The degree of difficulty was a good deal higher in the Spurs case. All I can ask of my organization is that they field a competitive team, and the Spurs do. By contrast, the best organization in the NBA according to you, missed the playoffs in 2005. How does that work? How does the best organization pull that off?

Oh so now the Spurs are a better organization than the Lakers? Because why? The Lakers missed the playoffs one season and somehow having 2 superstars negates the rings they won? Brilliant. So far you've shown that the number or regular season wins and making the playoffs are the things you use as a measuring stick to judge the ultimate success of a team, yet you claim that you are the type of fan that looks at the big picture, something doesn't add up.

You know what, I went back to see exactly what you said and it is even stupider than I gave you credit for in the first place.

the best team in pro sports in the 2000's decade

All of pro sports? Are you kidding? They can't even claim it over the Lakers let alone the almighty Patriots. Just admit you posted a ridiculously stupid statement, it would be better than to try and rationalize it, because that is just making you look stupid.

samikeyp
11-05-2006, 12:21 AM
the best team in pro sports in the 2000's decade

All of pro sports? Are you kidding? They can't even claim it over the Lakers let alone the almighty Patriots. Just admit you posted a ridiculously stupid statement, it would be better than to try and rationalize it, because that is just making you look stupid.

If you go by winning percentage in the 2000's...he would be correct.

gtownspur
11-05-2006, 12:40 AM
LOL

It worked.

All this fingerpointing at the other for being macho just so you could go unchallenged saying that LJ shattered Duncan because of a dunk.

Wow, this subect should make for a good Doctoral dissertation,.....ass!

samikeyp
11-05-2006, 01:20 AM
You think LeBron would trade that dunk in for one of Timmy's rings?

The dunk was a nice play, but it was one play, it didn't impact the outcome of the game and until you get extra points for style, its one basket in a game of many.

SRJ
11-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Oh so now the Spurs are a better organization than the Lakers? Because why? The Lakers missed the playoffs one season and somehow having 2 superstars negates the rings they won?

The Spurs managed to contend despite the type roster turnover they've had and without coughing up sackfuls of luxury tax. This is what a good organization is able to do. I am thrilled with the results Pop and RC have obtained during this stretch. Meanwhile, the Lakers haven't won since 2002 and missed the playoffs in 2005. You act like missing the playoffs is no big deal. Because, after all, good organizations make a habit out of missing the playoffs.

Brilliant. So far you've shown that the number or regular season wins and making the playoffs are the things you use as a measuring stick to judge the ultimate success of a team, yet you claim that you are the type of fan that looks at the big picture, something doesn't add up.

You act like the Lakers are miles ahead in championships. It's 3-2 and the Spurs, according to most observers, are better placed to win one before the Lakers.

You know what, I went back to see exactly what you said and it is even stupider than I gave you credit for in the first place.

The "almighty" Patriots? Did they create the universe in six days or something? Is it a greater achievement to win in the NFL rather than the NBA, is that what you're saying?

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers. Your view is that there is no consideration beyond championships. My view is that you can win championships, spend intelligently, and field a competitive team year after year. BTW, who was better in the 1990's - the Marlins or the Braves?

Shaolin-Style
11-05-2006, 03:49 AM
I tried to think of a good reason as to why TD got dunked on but couldn't.

Lebrons the man no doubt to go over TD like that.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Where was this shit during the WC's?
:madrun

DirkAB
11-05-2006, 12:02 PM
The Spurs managed to contend despite the type roster turnover they've had and without coughing up sackfuls of luxury tax. This is what a good organization is able to do. I am thrilled with the results Pop and RC have obtained during this stretch. Meanwhile, the Lakers haven't won since 2002 and missed the playoffs in 2005. You act like missing the playoffs is no big deal. Because, after all, good organizations make a habit out of missing the playoffs.

You act like the Lakers are miles ahead in championships. It's 3-2 and the Spurs, according to most observers, are better placed to win one before the Lakers.

The "almighty" Patriots? Did they create the universe in six days or something? Is it a greater achievement to win in the NFL rather than the NBA, is that what you're saying?

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers. Your view is that there is no consideration beyond championships. My view is that you can win championships, spend intelligently, and field a competitive team year after year. BTW, who was better in the 1990's - the Marlins or the Braves?

Easy, the Braves were better. They both won only 1 world series, but the Braves were in the Series 5 times. Do you really think that the Braves and Marlins are synonymous with the Spurs and Lakers? If so then you are a retard. The Lakers have won more titles in this decade! But somehow you think that 2 titles is better than 3 titles and another championship appearance.

Do you really think that missing the playoffs one year more than negates an extra title and another title appearance? Good lord the Lakers have only missed the playoffs like 2 times in the last 30 years!!!! Yet somehow you think that the Spurs have become the gold standard in not only basketball but all of pro sports, get a clue.

And for you to imply that the Lakers bought there championships is retarded, they have to abide by the same salary rules as the Spurs. You act like Jerry West didn't do an amazing job of GM'ing the Lakers to put together that team. Ho do you think they landed Kobe Bryant anyways? I know how because it ultimately resulted in my team being able to land Vlade Divac. Do your research before you imply that the Lakers had no skill in the GM department.

And yes I do think that it is harder to win titles and stay at the top of the NFL in this decade. I think that the NBA is going in that direction, but it isn't at the NFL's level of parity yet. I think that there is way more parity in the NFL, teams go from the top of the league to the bottom in a matter of just one season, and vice versa. And if it is conservative and economical GM'ing that you truly respect and think makes an organization great, then what isn't to love about he Pats?

SRJ
11-05-2006, 05:03 PM
And for you to imply that the Lakers bought there championships is retarded, they have to abide by the same salary rules as the Spurs. You act like Jerry West didn't do an amazing job of GM'ing the Lakers to put together that team. Ho do you think they landed Kobe Bryant anyways?

I'm done with this because I think we've reached an impasse - you referred to the Lakers over the history of the NBA when I was strictly discussing this decade, which indicates to me you would prefer to move the goalposts - but Jerry West got Kobe Bryant handed to him when Kobe Bryant made it clear before the draft that he wouldn't play in Charlotte. People act like Charlotte got fleeced, but in reality Kobe wasn't going to play a minute there. He was Steve Francis before Steve Francis sulked and pouted away from Vancouver.

BTW, West signing Shaq was a real coup. Who knew Shaq was any good, anyway? Yep, ol' West really pulled the wool over the NBA there.

turambar85
11-05-2006, 06:33 PM
All this fingerpointing at the other for being macho just so you could go unchallenged saying that LJ shattered Duncan because of a dunk.

Wow, this subect should make for a good Doctoral dissertation,.....ass!

No, if you could manage to keep up you would know that the entire purpose of mentioning the dunk was to produce that point, not that the entire purpose of the point was to get people off my back about the dunk.

I couldn't give a shit about Timmy Duncan getting posterized by Lebron. It happens everyday. I wanted to prove a point about ignorant tribal alliances with professional teams, and it worked.

And, no, hardly for a good doctoral disseration. Perhaps a solid essay, but nothing more!

DirkAB
11-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm done with this because I think we've reached an impasse - you referred to the Lakers over the history of the NBA when I was strictly discussing this decade, which indicates to me you would prefer to move the goalposts - but Jerry West got Kobe Bryant handed to him when Kobe Bryant made it clear before the draft that he wouldn't play in Charlotte. People act like Charlotte got fleeced, but in reality Kobe wasn't going to play a minute there. He was Steve Francis before Steve Francis sulked and pouted away from Vancouver.

BTW, West signing Shaq was a real coup. Who knew Shaq was any good, anyway? Yep, ol' West really pulled the wool over the NBA there.

Now West isn't a good GM? If that is what you're implying then I'd say you're on quite a roll.

You never responded to the part about the Patriots. Because of your lack of a response am I to believe that you are conceding that they have been a better team and organization than the Spurs?

You also never answered if the Lakers missing the playoffs more than negates an extra ring and another finals appearance. I don't see how it could, unless you are completely bias.

The only reason that I referenced the Lakers before this decade is because this comment:

Because, after all, good organizations make a habit out of missing the playoffs.

My referencing the past 30 years is to make the point that the Lakers have never made a habit out of missing the playoffs.

Just admit it, you're wrong.

dav4463
11-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Duncan gets dunked on....big deal.

Maverick thugs (Stackhouse) would've tried to hurt him. Tim knew he was beat, no reason to foul LeBron hard on that play. Duncan has class. A "real man" knows that on some plays, you just get beat. You don't have to push somebody down (Howard), or punch them in the balls (Terry).....get the picture? Play with class. Win championships with class. That's the way I like to see it done.

dav4463
11-06-2006, 01:38 AM

Since Tim Duncan has been in the league, the Spurs have the highest winning percentage of any team in any sport over that time. Look it up.

Fillmoe
11-06-2006, 01:49 AM
i should gif it

lefty
11-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Even the light-weight sports snippets on CNN had the clip of LeBron dunking on Tim, including the ending bit where Tim turns, stumbles and falls to the floor like KO'd boxer. They also referred to Tim as "the former MVP". :lol

Along with Tim's FTs, this video will be pinned to Tim's rep forever.

It would have helped if Tim hadn't sucked hind tit for 3 qtrs and the Spurs had won the game, letting James have his fun and a loss.

CNN? wow, what a reference!!!

Everybody will see who the MVP is.... a healthy Duncan will teach CNN one thing or two about basketball
See u in June, CNN

samikeyp
11-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Tim is a former MVP....how is that a slight?

lefty
11-06-2006, 04:31 PM
We'll see in june who the best player is

By the way, one question about your signature : are those Spurs Bruce Browen and Eric Williams with 'fros ?

Obstructed_View
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, anyone that thinks Duncan got "dunked on" for standing there with his hands in the air must not watch much basketball. I think David Robinson owns the record for being spectacularly posterized in the all-star game. Who fucking cares? He's man enough to defend. It's more than most teams can say, which is why Duncan has rings.

ambchang
11-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Tim Duncan actually got "dunked on" on purpose just so that he can get a reaction out of people who think they are superior to other sports fanatical cave-men. He said he wanted to prove a point about ignorant tribal alliances with personal philosophical views.

turambar85
11-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Tim Duncan actually got "dunked on" on purpose just so that he can get a reaction out of people who think they are superior to other sports fanatical cave-men. He said he wanted to prove a point about ignorant tribal alliances with personal philosophical views.

Thank God, somebody finally understands! :clap

ambchang
11-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Thank God, somebody finally understands! :clap
I am glad you took the sarcasm well, but dude, everybody understands. Somebody put heavy emphasis on their favourite sports team's success and failure because that is their priority, some people do it for their favourite rock stars, some one on their political affiliation, and some on their beliefs, none is superior to others.

turambar85
11-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I am glad you took the sarcasm well, but dude, everybody understands. Somebody put heavy emphasis on their favourite sports team's success and failure because that is their priority, some people do it for their favourite rock stars, some one on their political affiliation, and some on their beliefs, none is superior to others.

Congrats on completely missing the point. The problem is not people who like certain teams, but people like the fans here at UT who get angry and aggressive. Pre-human jackasses who scream and curse at the players on the opposing teams, and people who get mad at people who speak ill of Timmy Duncan.

ambchang
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Congrats on completely missing the point. The problem is not people who like certain teams, but people like the fans here at UT who get angry and aggressive. Pre-human jackasses who scream and curse at the players on the opposing teams, and people who get mad at people who speak ill of Timmy Duncan.

I miss it because I am not prepared to label people I have never met in real life by other people I have met who I think may be similar.

DirkAB
11-07-2006, 12:06 PM

Winning percentage isn't the measuring stick, championships is the primary basis for judging that. I would think that fans of a team that prides themselves on championship rings, and rightfuly so, would get this. Regular season wins mean jack shit, take it from a Kings fan, we're pracically experts on the subject.

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Winning percentage isn't the measuring stick, championships is the primary basis for judging that

In your opinion. Maybe he was talking about total wins as well as titles. Maybe he had something else as his criteria. There is no official, set in stone, all-encompassing criteria established to determine success. Its all subjective. The closest thing to fact is total wins but that is still debateable as a measuring stick.

(back to the topic here)
LeBron didn't destroy Duncan, he dunked on him. To destroy is to complete remove something from existance. If Tim had retired after that play maybe...strangely enough...he is still out there. :)

DirkAB
11-07-2006, 04:09 PM
In your opinion. Maybe he was talking about total wins as well as titles. Maybe he had something else as his criteria. There is no official, set in stone, all-encompassing criteria established to determine success. Its all subjective. The closest thing to fact is total wins but that is still debateable as a measuring stick.

(back to the topic here)
LeBron didn't destroy Duncan, he dunked on him. To destroy is to complete remove something from existance. If Tim had retired after that play maybe...strangely enough...he is still out there. :)

So if neither the Lakers or the Spurs won another title this decade nor missed the playoffs, which is very likely to happen, you would still consider the Spurs the better of the 2 teams over the decade? You would be happy with one less championship ring?

And on topic, in a matter of speaking dunking on somebody is destroying them.

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 04:19 PM
So if neither the Lakers or the Spurs won another title this decade nor missed the playoffs, which is very likely to happen, you would still consider the Spurs the better of the 2 teams over the decade? You would be happy with one less championship ring?

no I wouldn't but my original point stands...the definition of success can be subjective.

Dunking on someone is NOT destroying someone. Tim Duncan is still alive, well and playing basketball successfully. If he had been destroyed, he would not be.

turambar85
11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
I miss it because I am not prepared to label people I have never met in real life by other people I have met who I think may be similar.

There is no thinking they are similar. It is a widespread, wholesale problem. Over 1/3 of the sports fans that I know, have met, or have talked to share these insane tribal allegiances. It is evident on Spurstalk with Fuck the Bucks threads, people screaming at each other over who is best, and a general contempt for people who support different teams.

Why does it make you better to be a Spurs fan? This is the same concept that applies to ignorant nationalism. Why does it make you better to be an American, or make you proud that you are? In both cases you simply lucked out. You were born where you were born, and that is all you can say about it. You are products of your environment, and have no affiliation with the Spurs. You will never take center court for tip-off, you will never run to the locker room to share in the victory celebrations and post-game meetings. You are a fan. Plain and simple.

People need to understand this issue. It is, as I said, directly in coorelation with nationalism and its practices, and nationalism is the downfall of modern society.

MrChug
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
...If Tim had retired after that play maybe...strangely enough...he is still out there. :)

He probably realized it didnt mean $h!t. A thought foreign to a few in this forum. :rolleyes

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 04:37 PM
He probably realized it didnt mean $h!t. A thought foreign to a few in this forum

I would agree...it was a great play no doubt but it was one play. Players get dunked on all the time, its happened to LeBron and it will happen again like it will to Tim and Tim will get someone to. If that single play had won the game or a title, ok. Its a sign of the newer generation of player and fan that cares more about individual highlights than anything else.

ambchang
11-07-2006, 06:08 PM
There is no thinking they are similar. It is a widespread, wholesale problem. Over 1/3 of the sports fans that I know, have met, or have talked to share these insane tribal allegiances. It is evident on Spurstalk with Fuck the Bucks threads, people screaming at each other over who is best, and a general contempt for people who support different teams.

Why does it make you better to be a Spurs fan? This is the same concept that applies to ignorant nationalism. Why does it make you better to be an American, or make you proud that you are? In both cases you simply lucked out. You were born where you were born, and that is all you can say about it. You are products of your environment, and have no affiliation with the Spurs. You will never take center court for tip-off, you will never run to the locker room to share in the victory celebrations and post-game meetings. You are a fan. Plain and simple.

People need to understand this issue. It is, as I said, directly in coorelation with nationalism and its practices, and nationalism is the downfall of modern society.

No need to repeat yourself, I, along with more than a few whole read this thread, got your points. My issue is, going with the same rationale, why are people who shun this tribalism be intellectually superior to those who are involved in it?

To be honest, I haven't done any statistical study as to how many sports fans are fanatical, but I would say that 1/3 probably is on the high side. In an arena of 21,000, there would be 7,000 cavemen shouting obsenities towards the opposing team, I am sure the TV mics would have picked that up.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM

Stupidest. Post. Ever.

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Lawl

How the hell did this thread come to be 5 pages?

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Lawl

How the hell did this thread come to be 5 pages?
:lol How the hell did it get to some idiot talking about nationalism?

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 08:20 PM
:lol How the hell did it get to some idiot talking about nationalism?

Only at Spurstalk :toast

THE SIXTH MAN
11-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Stupidest. Post. Ever.

Agreed, I think he creams his pants every time he reads this thread. I'm all for sharing your views and opinions, but to try and go philosophical on a basketball forum is gay. And to generalize all spurs fans on this topic is retarded as well. So what spurs fans responded for TD's defense in this thread? Any fan for any player on any team would do the same, not just spurs fans. And then to try and make it seem as if he made some kind of uproar on spurs talk is comedic. Of coarse none of us play for the spurs, so what? Where the fuck does he think the word fan comes from? What I'm getting from his posts is that hes a big pussy who just sits quietly when watching a game. If that's the way he likes to enjoy basketball then so be it. Hes just wasting his time to try and get people to see things his way.

jmard5
11-08-2006, 04:50 AM
No big deal. Duncan did not even jump to truly constest LeBron's shot.

1 dunk = 2 points.

LEONARD
11-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Timmy = over the hill

The torch has officially been passed to LeBron...

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Timmy = over the hill

The torch has officially been passed to LeBron...
Yep. No excuse for the Mavs not to win the division again.

Oh, wait... :rolleyes

turambar85
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Agreed, I think he creams his pants every time he reads this thread. I'm all for sharing your views and opinions, but to try and go philosophical on a basketball forum is gay. And to generalize all spurs fans on this topic is retarded as well. So what spurs fans responded for TD's defense in this thread? Any fan for any player on any team would do the same, not just spurs fans. And then to try and make it seem as if he made some kind of uproar on spurs talk is comedic. Of coarse none of us play for the spurs, so what? Where the fuck does he think the word fan comes from? What I'm getting from his posts is that hes a big pussy who just sits quietly when watching a game. If that's the way he likes to enjoy basketball then so be it. Hes just wasting his time to try and get people to see things his way.

LOL, thanks for proving the dumb, tribalistic caveman aspect of my argument correct. Using the word gay to describe something that contradicts your testosterone driven fantasy is just plain pathetic. Yep, the gay guy who loves sports and is engaged to a beautiful woman. Cograts, dumbass.

I am a pussy for sitting quietly at the games. Another classically moronic argument. Jesus man, when will you learn that to act like this makes you look much more pathetic and insignificant.

Grow a pair and stop referring to everything different as gay and a pussy.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I am a pussy for sitting quietly at the games. Another classically moronic argument. Jesus man, when will you learn that to act like this makes you look much more pathetic and insignificant.

No, you are a pussy for signing onto a message board for sports fans of a team for which you do not root and acting superior while spouting pseudo-intellectual tripe.

turambar85
11-08-2006, 12:31 PM
No, you are a pussy for signing onto a message board for sports fans of a team for which you do not root and acting superior while spouting pseudo-intellectual tripe.

I am a pussy for going into a message board and attempting to find a flaw in their reasoning, and prove a point? Why does the fact that I do not root for the Spurs matter? This is absurd.

It doesn't make somebody a pussy to prove a point, and it doesn't make it any more so to do it in a more hostile environment.

Grow up, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

LEONARD
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Yep. No excuse for the Mavs not to win the division again.

I agree completely...

ambchang
11-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I am a pussy for going into a message board and attempting to find a flaw in their reasoning, and prove a point? Why does the fact that I do not root for the Spurs matter? This is absurd.

It doesn't make somebody a pussy to prove a point, and it doesn't make it any more so to do it in a more hostile environment.

Grow up, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

And I continue not to understand why it is OK for people who find others aligning with teams compulsive are intellectually superior to those who don't, or why they can come in, express views that has been expressed hundreds of times in the past and claim originality.
Or at least tell me why labelling people who don't agree with their own philosophical views are so civilized and uncaveman-like.

samikeyp
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Why do you feel you have to find fault with the way someone roots for a team? One of the great things about being a fan is that you can do it in a way that works best for you. The way you root for your team may be different but mine but neither of us is wrong...just different.

DirkAB
11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
no I wouldn't but my original point stands...the definition of success can be subjective.

Dunking on someone is NOT destroying someone. Tim Duncan is still alive, well and playing basketball successfully. If he had been destroyed, he would not be.

You could pretty much make anything subjective. One could say that the Heat were the best team in 2005 even though the Spurs won the title.
They won the same amount of games and the Spurs never beat them in the playoffs to prove they were actually better. But that would be gay because the Spurs won the title and deserve to be considered the best, because they have the have the rings to prove it. Just like the Patriots and Lakers have the rings to prove they are the best teams of the decade...............so far.

3 rings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 rings Any other way of trying to stake a claim as the best of the decade is homeristic bullshit.

As far as Duncan getting destroyed............you're a fuckin' nerd. The Spurs killed the Kings in the playoffs last season, but that can't be because they are still alive. How is this possible? Maybe I need to find a dictionary to clear this up, or maybe.............you should just take the stick out of your ass and not take every word so literally.

samikeyp
11-08-2006, 02:25 PM
You could pretty much make anything subjective. One could say that the Heat were the best team in 2005 even though the Spurs won the title.
They won the same amount of games and the Spurs never beat them in the playoffs to prove they were actually better. But that would be gay because the Spurs won the title and deserve to be considered the best, because they have the have the rings to prove it. Just like the Patriots and Lakers have the rings to prove they are the best teams of the decade...............so far.

While I agree that titles are the ultimate measure of success, I also think winning has to do with it. The Lakers have 3 titles in the decade and the Spurs have two but the Lakers don't make it back to the playoffs and the Spurs continue to contend for a title....I would place the Spurs ahead of them. I think going into '03, the Lakers had the early hold on team o' the decade...I am not convinced anymore given their performance since their last title.

Then again..that is an opinion, not a fact. Until there is an official, set criteria for who is the best...its all subjective. Which makes for good debate.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I am a pussy for going into a message board and attempting to find a flaw in their reasoning, and prove a point?
You are on a message board for sports fans, decrying "tribal allegiances" when people are having discussions about sports. Again, it's a message board for sports fans. Go look up the origin of the word "fan". Since you have a team affiliation listed, look up "hypocrite" while you have the book open.

Why does the fact that I do not root for the Spurs matter? This is absurd.Right. Your "ignorant nationalism" post may as well have said, "Your team may be better than mine, but here's why I'm better than you." The irony is that you showed what an ignorant ass you are.

It doesn't make somebody a pussy to prove a point, and it doesn't make it any more so to do it in a more hostile environment.I guess we'll have to wait until you actually make a point and prove it. We'll see if you stick around that long.

Grow up, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.Yeah, you wish. I have no emotional real estate available for holier-than-thou pompous asses like you to inhabit, thanks.

DirkAB
11-09-2006, 11:20 AM
While I agree that titles are the ultimate measure of success, I also think winning has to do with it. The Lakers have 3 titles in the decade and the Spurs have two but the Lakers don't make it back to the playoffs and the Spurs continue to contend for a title....I would place the Spurs ahead of them. I think going into '03, the Lakers had the early hold on team o' the decade...I am not convinced anymore given their performance since their last title.

Then again..that is an opinion, not a fact. Until there is an official, set criteria for who is the best...its all subjective. Which makes for good debate.

You try and make it sound as if the Lakers have continually missed the playoffs, that isn't even close to the case. They have only missed once this decade, and twice in the last 30 years! They didn't really underachieve the year that they missed the playoffs, they traded away one of the most dominant players ever to play game, and their best player was injured a large part of the season, had a new coach that quit halfway through the season, and lots of new players-many of which suffered injuries that season.

Basically, if you weren't a fan of the Spurs I believe you would see how biased it is to claim team of the decade. Ridiculous. I hate the Lakers and I'm able to admit they have been the most successful team so far this decade.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I hate to agree with DirkAB, but the Spurs need at least one more title to even argue for "team of the decade" IMHO.

dirk4mvp
11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Got damn! A thread about a nice dunk turns into a psychology class.

samikeyp
11-09-2006, 04:46 PM
You try and make it sound as if the Lakers have continually missed the playoffs, thatisn't even close to the case. They have only missed once this decade, and twice in the last 30 years! They didn't really underachieve the year that they missed the playoffs, they traded away one of the most dominant players ever to play game, and their best player was injured a large part of the season, had a new coach that quit halfway through the season, and lots of new players-many of which suffered injuries that season.

Basically, if you weren't a fan of the Spurs I believe you would see how biased it is to claim team of the decade. Ridiculous. I hate the Lakers and I'm able to admit they have been the most successful team so far this decade.

I was speaking of the rest of the decade as far as the Lakers making the playoffs. I also said that I felt titles were the ultimate measuring stick. Just because I disagree with you...doesn't make me biased. I am the first to come down on the Spurs for screwing up and playing like shit when they do. I understand where you may think its bias and I don't have the right to try and change your mind nor would I try...I can tell you its not, although I know you will not believe me. You have your opinion and I respect that. I have mine as well. We are not going to agree but that's cool too. Doesn't make either of us wrong...just of differing opinions.

cornbread
11-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Today I was walking down the street and this guy wearing a Mavs shirt walked right past me. Without any notice, my primitive instincts took over. I pulled out my club from under my sabertooth tiger skin loin cloth and I started to chase him while shouting nonsensical grunts. Then I went back to my cave and rewatched the Spurs vs Suns game on DVR.

This thread has helped me understand why my girlfriend, an A&M graduate, and I, a UT graduate, always end up pulling out our clubs on the Friday after Thanksgiving and knocking each other on top of the head. Things like that are bound to happen when you date outside of your tribe.

Have any of you cavemen out there in spurstalk-land ever clubbed a co-worker or somebody you didn't even know because of a t-shirt or maybe a ball cap of a rival team? Ever been sent into a club wielding rage by a, "hey, did you catch that Yankees game last night?"

turambar85
11-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Today I was walking down the street and this guy wearing a Mavs shirt walked right past me. Without any notice, my primitive instincts took over. I pulled out my club from under my sabertooth tiger skin loin cloth and I started to chase him while shouting nonsensical grunts. Then I went back to my cave and rewatched the Spurs vs Suns game on DVR.

This thread has helped me understand why my girlfriend, an A&M graduate, and I, a UT graduate, always end up pulling out our clubs on the Friday after Thanksgiving and knocking each other on top of the head. Things like that are bound to happen when you date outside of your tribe.

Have any of you cavemen out there in spurstalk-land ever clubbed a co-worker or somebody you didn't even know because of a t-shirt or maybe a ball cap of a rival team? Ever been sent into a club wielding rage by a, "hey, did you catch that Yankees game last night?"

Well, first I would suggest that you two petition to get your money back from your respective colleges. They are supposed to be able to weed behavior such as that our of people before graduation. Very dissapointing, really.

Second, I am sorry that these problems continue to haunt you. I am sure that some therapy...or perhaps shock treatment, could do you some good.

Third, in all seriousness, you are taking my words a littttle too far. I am saying, and I have repeatedly made this clear, that I have a huge problem with people, such as the fans at UTK, who do things such as cuss at opposing players, hate/yell at people who are fans of opposing teams, and have a typically nationalistic outlook on sports.

That is what I have a problem with. Not fans who prefer one team over the other. Not people who watch every Spurs game, and record the ones they miss. I am a huge fan of the Atlanta Braves and the Tennessee Vols football team. This is not what I mean.

Unless you are a caveman, and typically exude the type of emotionally retarded responses to other teams that I am talking about, then you have no need to worry. You can keep your degree and save the University of Texas the hassle.

SpursWillOwn
11-12-2006, 12:21 AM
wtf the dunk is 1 week old forget it already