PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard Fined

td4mvp21
11-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Dallas’ Josh Howard Fined And Foul Upgraded

NEW YORK, Nov. 4 -- Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks has been fined $5,000 and has received an upgraded Flagrant Foul Penalty Two, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
Howard’s foul, which was called a Flagrant Foul Penalty One, was committed against Bruce Bowen of the San Antonio Spurs with 3:36 remaining in the second period of the Mavericks 97-91 loss to the Spurs at American Airlines Center on November 2.
NBA.com

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
no suspension? Whewh :clap

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Good. :tu

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I hope he doesn't go broke :oops

td4mvp21
11-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I think he should have been, what he did wasn't called for.

JHoLove
11-04-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm suprised he wasn't suspended actually. but yeah the fine was deserved.

Winnipeg_Spur
11-04-2006, 03:32 PM
So what penalty did that dirty player Bowen get for his gross misconduct?

T Park
11-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Id like to know why he wasn't suspended for that bullshit.

01Snake
11-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd like to know why Bowen wasn't supsended for this bullshit?

]

Like that was intentional. :rolleyes

polandprzem
11-04-2006, 03:49 PM
I'd like to know why Bowen wasn't supsended for this bullshit?

]

And I'm wodering why both of you are not banned for your bullshits :dramaqueen

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Like that was intentional. :rolleyes

Oh right, there was NO way in hell he couldn't have avoided kicking Wally in th face on that one.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 03:50 PM
And I'm wodering why both of you are not banned for your bullshits :dramaqueen

Do they have bullshit in Poland? :downspin:

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 03:51 PM
I thought there was an automatic one game suspension/ejection for a Flagarant 2 foul....?

ChumpDumper
11-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh right, there was NO way in hell he couldn't have avoided kicking Wally in th face on that one.At full speed with Wally driving into it? Nope.

whottt
11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I'd like to know why Bowen wasn't supsended for this bullshit.

And I'd like to know why you just posted NBA footage after I just banned Shank for doing the same thing?

What part of, you can't do that here, don't you get?

Take 24, console Shank, then when you come back, don't do it again.

polandprzem
11-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Do they have bullshit in Poland? :downspin:

I don't know.

I haven't seen one ...

zero signal
11-04-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd like to know why Bowen wasn't supsended for this bullshit.

Because it was after Shao Khan said "FINISH HIM!"

Don King
11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Because it was after Shao Khan said "FINISH HIM!"

I saw no head rip!

Obstructed_View
11-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Bowen owns Howard.

mavsfan1000
11-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Why are all the mav fans getting banned?

whottt
11-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Because they keep posting video footage of the NBA. Something you cannot do here, because it can cause the owner to lose her press pass.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2006, 04:15 PM
And it's not a permanent ban. They'll be back tomorrow.

Don King
11-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Good. I don't know what I'd do without mavs fan bullshit floating around here.

whottt
11-04-2006, 04:19 PM

What bothers me...is that you have been here for like 2 or 3 years, like Shank and Dirk have been here since last years playoffs when we had a problem with it and I don't see how you missed the fact that you can't do that here...

Is it a Mavfan thing or something?

For the record...you can't post footage of NBA games here, you can't post links to footage of NBA games here...

You can barely post pictures of NBA games...

I know this stuff happens at other boards...but other boards aren't owned by people who have press passes and get to go to post game interviews with the coaches and players and even get some insider info from time to time. It's a tradeoff...

mavsfan1000
11-04-2006, 04:22 PM
What bothers me...is that you have been here for like 2 or 3 years, like Shank and Dirk have been here since last years playoffs when we had a problem with it and I don't see how you missed the fact that you can't do that here...

Is it a Mavfan thing or something?
It would be easier if the rules were stickied or something. Than nobody should miss it.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2006, 04:24 PM
It would be easier if the rules were stickied or something. Than nobody should miss it.In this case, they already knew better. New posters just get their video/link edited out with an explanation.

whottt
11-04-2006, 04:25 PM
The rule is pretty clear when the NBA says you can't use the footage without their permission, at the end of every broadcast...

You notice you don't see Spurs, Pistons or Kings fans doing it...it only seems to be a Mavfan thing...

Do Mavsfans think they own the World or something?

Never mind...already know the answer to that, it starts at the top.

Don King
11-04-2006, 04:28 PM
The rule is pretty clear when the NBA says you can't use the footage without their permission, at the end of every broadcast...

You notice you don't see Spurs, Pistons or Kings fans doing it...it only seems to be a Mavfan thing...

Do Mavsfans think they own the World or something?

Never mind...already know the answer to that, it starts at the top.

I'd be damned if Cuban didn't try to buy the world! :lmao

ChumpDumper
11-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey, look -- the NBA says what we've been telling you all along!

YouTube yanks at request of NBA

Agence France-Presse
Published: Friday, November 03, 2006

YouTube has pulled down images at the request of the National Basketball Association that the league considers a violation of its copyright, an NBA spokesman said yesterday.

The issue came to the forefront after German football Bundesliga officials said yesterday they are considering legal action for unauthorized use of images from matches.

The NBA has raised concerns of copyright infringement with the internet video image exchange site owned by Google and received satisfaction.
© National Post 2006

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=44d4df2d-0fbd-4024-ab04-a7aad45fb052

TheSanityAnnex
11-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Will there be any restrictions placed on GiG's videos?

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-04-2006, 04:39 PM
I personally think that the new titles that Shank and dirk4mvp are currently sporting are great.
If the Mav fans really want to follow a trend, this is the one that they should all get behind.

TheSanityAnnex
11-04-2006, 04:42 PM
And I thought Dirk was just copying my title. Silly me.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Can we lift the ban on mouse's one year hiatus and impose it on Jordan_the_Great_2000 instead?
That way, everyone wins:
Mouse gets to keep entertaining everyone and we don't have to put up with a NorCal510 wanna-be!

Don King
11-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Can we lift the ban on mouse's one year hiatus and impose it on Jordan_the_Great_2000 instead?
That way, everyone wins:
Mouse gets to keep entertaining everyone and we don't have to put up with a NorCal510 wanna-be!

No matter how hard anyone tries, they can't be NorCal. He's established in the hood, yo.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-04-2006, 04:51 PM
No matter how hard anyone tries, they can't be NorCal. He's established in the hood, yo.

Word.

TheSanityAnnex
11-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Remember when NorCal510 used to post as Snowboarder?

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Doesn't snowboarder pop up every now and then?
I thought I saw one of his posts after he became racially confused?

samikeyp
11-04-2006, 05:14 PM

only the asshole ones are.

ponky
11-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Good. I don't know what I'd do without mavs fan bullshit floating around here.

You'd probably curl up in bed and cry once you realized the team you root for is bullshit.

phxspurfan
11-04-2006, 05:49 PM
You'd probably curl up in bed and cry once you realized the team you root for is bullshit.

then i guess bullshit wins championships.

Hook Dem
11-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Why don't you take your Mav bullshit to a Mav board? :ihit

td4mvp21
11-04-2006, 05:54 PM

So if a bullshit team beats another team, the team that they beat would have to be lower than bullshit right?

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-04-2006, 05:57 PM
then i guess bullshit wins championships.

If that were so, then we'd be in the middle of a Mav dynasty, wouldn't we?

Kori Ellis
11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I unbanned the Mavs fans. You can't post NBA game tape or clips here. Everyone who posts here has watched an NBA game and seen the message that you can't re-broadcast, re-distribute, etc. It's the league's rule. They asked us several years ago not to do it on this forum, so we don't do it. They have gotten other websites in trouble with their hosting companies for doing it. They have stripped press passes from other sites for doing it.

So it's pretty simple, don't do it.

If new members do it, all we do is delete the link and tell them not to do it. However if the Mavs fans that were banned and unbanned today do it again, they'll just be permanently banned. Just for being stupid enough to do it again.

Thanks,

Kori

BUMP
11-04-2006, 06:50 PM
ive always wondered what the point of upgrading the foul after the game is. doesnt make any sense to me

Kori Ellis
11-04-2006, 06:51 PM
ive always wondered what the point of upgrading the foul after the game is. doesnt make any sense to me

It's because you can only have a certain amount of Flagrant 2's on the year. So when they upgrade, it goes against that total. Like Flagrant 1's are worth one point and Flagrant 2's worth two points and then you can't exceed a certain point total for the season.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Thanks.

Condemned to hella or whatever is gonna be pissed :smokin

ducks
11-04-2006, 09:45 PM
howard was paid by james because bowen played james the next night

veronicamae
11-04-2006, 11:02 PM
It's because you can only have a certain amount of Flagrant 2's on the year. So when they upgrade, it goes against that total. Like Flagrant 1's are worth one point and Flagrant 2's worth two points and then you can't exceed a certain point total for the season.

thanks, i always wondered that, too.

it's a lot like points against your drivers license then...if they take defensive defending, do the points go away?

Dirk41MVP
11-05-2006, 12:43 AM
your dirty ass player shoved him first and stepped over him, did you not see that ?.. oh wait, forgot, damn crybaby homers... suck my dick and cry me a river you babies !! :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
11-05-2006, 12:47 AM
your dirty ass player shoved him first and stepped over him, did you not see that ?.. oh wait, forgot, damn crybaby homers... suck my dick and cry me a river you babies !! :lol
:lol Wow you showed us!

wildbill2u
11-05-2006, 12:53 AM
I unbanned the Mavs fans. You can't post NBA game tape or clips here. Everyone who posts here has watched an NBA game and seen the message that you can't re-broadcast, re-distribute, etc. It's the league's rule. They asked us several years ago not to do it on this forum, so we don't do it. They have gotten other websites in trouble with their hosting companies for doing it. They have stripped press passes from other sites for doing it.

So it's pretty simple, don't do it.

If new members do it, all we do is delete the link and tell them not to do it. However if the Mavs fans that were banned and unbanned today do it again, they'll just be permanently banned. Just for being stupid enough to do it again.

Thanks,

Kori Nothing could be fairer than that.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Nothing could be fairer than that.

Agreed.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-05-2006, 12:57 AM
look at the 9 letters you type before the ".com" to reach this site.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Hey, look -- the NBA says what we've been telling you all along!

YouTube yanks at request of NBA

Agence France-Presse
Published: Friday, November 03, 2006

YouTube has pulled down images at the request of the National Basketball Association that the league considers a violation of its copyright, an NBA spokesman said yesterday.

The issue came to the forefront after German football Bundesliga officials said yesterday they are considering legal action for unauthorized use of images from matches.

The NBA has raised concerns of copyright infringement with the internet video image exchange site owned by Google and received satisfaction.
© National Post 2006

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=44d4df2d-0fbd-4024-ab04-a7aad45fb052

i think this deserves a "hooked on phonics" version for all mavs "fans".

Viva Las Espuelas
11-05-2006, 01:12 AM
if you look at the review, this means not what you saw when you were looking at the game live, howard goes down and bowens eyes are on the ball. not on josh "hee-haw" howard who was on the floor, but on the melon. then "A situation happened where I got to protect myself,".

samikeyp
11-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Howard has got to be smarter. He knows that Bowen is going to try and get under his skin....Howard didn't have the maturity to just keep playing. Besides....the refs always see the guys who retaliate.

jmard5
11-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Howard has got to be smarter. He knows that Bowen is going to try and get under his skin....Howard didn't have the maturity to just keep playing. Besides....the refs always see the guys who retaliate.

Low basketball I.Q. Just like the timeouts he called in his career.

td4mvp21
11-05-2006, 09:38 AM

Exactly, the League has made it perfectly clear that they won't tolerate that, they have suspended/fined several players for those type of plays. Be mature, get up, and play harder. And if the league thought Bowen did anything wrong, I'm sure he would have been fined.

Ignorant Spurs fan
11-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Low basketball I.Q. Just like the timeouts he called in his career.

???

he's an all star calibre NBA player and you say he has a low basketball IQ?. like my title says im an Ignorant Spurs fan but even i have to question that statement

Ignorant Spurs fan
11-05-2006, 10:33 AM
although i agree that it seems when the Mavs are getting manhandled they always seems to start a bruhaha and i do mean ALWAYS.

picnroll
11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
???

he's an all star calibre NBA player and you say he has a low basketball IQ?. like my title says im an Ignorant Spurs fan but even i have to question that statement
Howard is an all-star caliber player? Maybe after he beats out about ten guys ahead of him at the swing position.

kskonn
11-05-2006, 11:14 AM
???

Just because he might be an all star player does not mean he has a high basketball IQ. Some could argue that Manu demonstrated low basketball IQ when he fouled Dirk in Game 7. He is still a good player.

Ignorant Spurs fan
11-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Just because he might be an all star player does not mean he has a high basketball IQ. Some could argue that Manu demonstrated low basketball IQ when he fouled Dirk in Game 7. He is still a good player.

neither Manu nor Howard have low basketball IQs, its just instinct, they know better but the heat of the game interferes with decision making

G3ORG3
11-06-2006, 10:25 AM
bruce bowen is howard's Father. Bowen the best defenssive player. Hey howard You have to acept that Bowen is better than you. HOWARD Go home Bruce retired you. :sleep

nkdlunch
11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
the undercover brother is Bowen's bitch

LilMissSPURfect
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
dude just got bOWENED! :downspin: