PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Rashad pick S A S

romsey31
11-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Just met ahmad rashad asked him who he liked to win it all.. saidit like this

"Man the spurs are gonna win it all man". I was like what about Dallas, the guy looked at me and laughed like he was watching comic view....

not much info just thought I'd share with you guys.

td4mvp21
11-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm surprised not many analysists are picking the Mavericks, but I guess last years choke job might have had something to do with that.

mikejones99
11-04-2006, 05:18 PM
cuz the mavs suck, they will not get every goddam call in this years playoffs like they did last year

ponky
11-04-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised not many analysists are picking the Mavericks, but I guess last years choke job might have had something to do with that.

As opposed to the Spurs looking like they had a lock on game seven up by twenty points and then losing in OT...what the hell was that if not a choke? Analysts ALWAYS pick the Spurs, they are too pussy to do otherwise because it's a *safe* pick...just remember how many of them are consistently wrong. Oh but it's Ahmad, the football guy, so because he said, then it must be so.

ponky
11-04-2006, 05:23 PM
cuz the mavs suck, they will not get every goddam call in this years playoffs like they did last year

you can stop bitching now about last season's calls crybaby...looks like the spurs are back on track with the foul fest, they had 37 the other night as opposed to 18 for the mavs...and i think duncan went to the line 19 times against the cavs last night, too bad he couldn't even muster up 50% at the line

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-04-2006, 05:25 PM
As opposed to the Spurs looking like they had a lock on game seven up by twenty points and then losing in OT...what the hell was that if not a choke? Analysts ALWAYS pick the Spurs, they are too pussy to do otherwise because it's a *safe* pick...just remember how many of them are consistently wrong. Oh but it's Ahmad, the football guy, so because he said, then it must be so.

What game were you watching? Or did you misunderstand whoever was translating the play-by-play into 'stupid' for you?

mikejones99
11-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Do you have to be retarded to be a mavs or cowboys fan?

1Parker1
11-04-2006, 05:39 PM
What game were you watching? Or did you misunderstand whoever was translating the play-by-play into 'stupid' for you?

:lmao I had to re-read that twice.

It's a shame....even Mavs fans don't remember their own teams 5 minutes of glory. Ponky, it was the MAVERICKS who were up 20 points in the 4th quarter who choked away their lead and then preceeded to get lucky due to a boneheaded play by Manu. Get your facts right :lol

ponky
11-04-2006, 05:41 PM

Excuse me, I'm on crack.

ponky
11-04-2006, 05:42 PM
:lmao I had to re-read that twice.

It's a shame....even Mavs fans don't remember their own teams 5 minutes of glory. Ponky, it was the MAVERICKS who were up 20 points in the 4th quarter who choked away their lead and then preceeded to get lucky due to a boneheaded play by Manu. Get your facts right :lol

I need some sleep, I've had like five hours in the last three days, my bad. Regardless, the experts suck as do their picks, that was my original point.

Hook Dem
11-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I need some sleep, I've had like five hours in the last three days, my bad. Regardless, the experts suck as do their picks, that was my original point.
But if those experts picked the Mavs, they wouldn't suck huh? :ihit

Winnipeg_Spur
11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Is Ahmad Rashad considered an expert now? :p:

Hell, I didn't even know he was still around, I assumed he retired along with Jordan.

Sense
11-04-2006, 05:57 PM

Wow you're one hell of a bitch for a troll.

ponky
11-04-2006, 05:57 PM
But if those experts picked the Mavs, they wouldn't suck huh? :ihit

I don't really take much stock into those few experts like Doug Collins and Reggie who have picked the Mavs this year. It's so early and such a long season, anything could happen, least of which is an injury. I would probably be neutral as usual until I see what the team can do and I don't really feel like I've seen the full Mavericks lineup in action all playing together because of all the pre-season injuries. I do like Marc Stein out of all the guys but mostly it's his writing style and intelligent insight, not because of his picks.

td4mvp21
11-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Uh, that was meant as a serious post. If the Mavs hadn't CHOKED, then yes, the analysists would probably be picking them to repeat. In a way, we did choke Game 7; Manu's foul was stupid and getting down 20 was foolish, but at least we didn't have a 3-1 series lead and let that happen. And analysist pick the Spurs because we know how to win. We are a winning franchise and have won before and are still in the midst of being a strong team. They dont pick it because of a safe pick.

mikejones99
Ahmad Rashad is a Hall of Fame wide reciever that played for the Minnesota Vikings in the 70's and 80's and has been covering the NBA for about 20 years. He is about as expert as they come.

ponky
Wow you're one hell of a bitch for a troll.

one hell of a bitch? nice

Sense
one hell of a bitch? nice

Yeah I guess you can say that was some sort of compliment.

ponky
11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Uh, that was meant as a serious post. If the Mavs hadn't CHOKED, then yes, the analysists would probably be picking them to repeat. In a way, we did choke Game 7; Manu's foul was stupid and getting down 20 was foolish, but at least we didn't have a 3-1 series lead and let that happen. And analysist pick the Spurs because we know how to win. We are a winning franchise and have won before and are still in the midst of being a strong team. They dont pick it because of a safe pick.

I agree that the Spurs are far from being an ageing team and yes, they certainly know how to win. All of this makes them a *safe* pick, Barkley picks them every year and he will continue to do so as long as the top three stay together. Analysts are so hot and cold, they are constantly swinging from nut to nut as teams go up and down. Even now, some idiots are still talking about how Duncan wasn't fully healthy in the playoffs...pure bullshit, the guy was the best man on the floor in the semis series. He played better in that series than he's doing right now, of course that's just based on two games this season but still, he was a monster in the semis and yet the experts have to use that as an excuse for why their pick didn't go on. The real reason is because he didn't have the help he needed from the bench and some of the other starters. Anyway, IMO, these predictions are meaningless when the season has just begun.

td4mvp21
11-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I agree that the Spurs are far from being an ageing team and yes, they certainly know how to win. All of this makes them a *safe* pick, Barkley picks them every year and he will continue to do so as long as the top three stay together. Analysts are so hot and cold, they are constantly swinging from nut to nut as teams go up and down. Even now, some idiots are still talking about how Duncan wasn't fully healthy in the playoffs...pure bullshit, the guy was the best man on the floor in the semis series. He played better in that series than he's doing right now, of course that's just based on two games this season but still, he was a monster in the semis and yet the experts have to use that as an excuse for why their pick didn't go on. The real reason is because he didn't have the help he needed from the bench and some of the other starters. Anyway, IMO, these predictions are meaningless when the season has just begun.

I agree with a lot of that, analysists jump on a bandwagon wayy to early in a season. Duncan still had issues on defense but for the most part he played almost 100%.

wildbill2u
11-04-2006, 06:36 PM
yeah, I hear working the streets will do that to ya.