PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Fans Think Marbury Is The Problem

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-05-2006, 11:28 AM
WEEDS IN GARDEN
By FRED KERBER

Good luck.

After Thomas made his pronouncement, the Knicks stunk in their home opener. There were times, specifically the third quarter, when the Garden crowd got behind the Knicks and tried to emotionally drag them home. There were chants of "Dee-Fense." There was passion.

But ultimately there was disappointment and a dreadful 109-95 loss to Indiana. Cheers again became boos, many directed at Stephon Marbury - "Fire Marbury" made the rounds in some sections. Yup, fans will turn.

"I can't get mad at them for me playing like garbage," said Marbury, who was nothing if not truthful - 1-of-9 shooting, six turnovers, four points.

Not quite the way to win back support.

"With a professional team, there's a public trust you have with your fans," an admittedly antsy Thomas said before the Knicks dipped to 1-2 in the "easy" part of a schedule that now turns brutal. "There's a certain feeling fans want to have when they leave the building."

And it's not the disbelief and disgust felt last night. Of course, last year, Knicks fans left the Garden feeling that way all the time, usually asking, "Why didn't I just burn $500 in the yard and be done with it?"

But take heart: Thomas insists good times are ahead.

"We're not going to be an excellent right night now," Thomas admitted. "But one day, we'll be the team on top doing the kicking and the stepping. We'll be pretty unforgiving when we're on top."

And one day, gas will drop back to a quarter a gallon and commercial TV will be reality show-free.

In a pretty bad game both ways, Garden fans wanted something, anything, positive from the Knicks. It came in the third quarter when Nate Robinson, using old-fashioned hustle, aided a comeback as the Knicks moved from 14 down to within one. The announced sellout crowd (it wasn't really) went nuts.

HeatOwnzNba
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I love Thomas and Marbury, they've taken that stupid franchise that i
couldn't hate any more and totally driven it to the ground. Thank god
for those two!

PaceMonster
11-05-2006, 11:52 AM
^lmfao

JamStone
11-05-2006, 11:55 AM
LOL, your franchise is being run by a native New Yorker who loves the Knicks.

Chris Childs
11-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Even though I don't like Marbury, I still believe we will make it to the finals because of him.

HeatOwnzNba
11-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Even though I don't like Marbury, I still believe we will make it to the finals because of him.

Mhm, and is Chris Childs gonna be his sidekick? Or maybe Charlie Ward.

adidas11
11-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Whatever happened to Chris Childs anyhow?

HeatOwnzNba
11-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Whatever happened to Chris Childs anyhow?

He's sucking dick for money just like all former knicks.

AFBlue
11-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Opening night it was Marbury, tonight it was Curry. Bottom line is that the Knicks have a few bad apples they need to rid themselves of. Larry Brown couldn't convince those stubborn few to change their mentality, and if Isaiah can't either (which I don't think he'll be able to do) he'll be gone.

Who REALLY needs to be gone are Curry (slow,fat, lazy) and Marbury (egocentric, "me" player). The comeback and almost-win tonight against the Spurs was made in SPITE of these two players. Guys like Nate Robinson, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman, and Quentin Richardson were responsible because they played smart, hard-nosed defense and efficient offense.

TDMVPDPOY
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Knicks always overrate there players, curry is a bust and will always be a bust, he hasnt improve his game, he will always be a 16 7 guy....

the team is filled with rejects besides the young core guys who they can build around

frye hahahaha was so overrated last season, now he hasnt even turn up for this season

MJ23DWADE3
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^true

Chris Childs
11-07-2006, 05:35 PM
^The ugliest ring ever!^

Texas_Ranger
11-07-2006, 05:38 PM
^^ agree.

nkdlunch
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
retarded. Anybody not blind has to put 99% of the blame on Isaiah Thomas.

Texas_Ranger
11-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Thomas spends too much money for ¨stars˝. Here is the problem. Everybody knows that Marbury and Francis can`t play good together.

Drachen
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
He's sucking dick for money just like all former knicks.

They are not sucking dick for money, if they are a former Knick. They are still being paid 9 million a year to not play for New York. Their dick sucking is purely for the pleasure.