PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bruce's contract...

greens
11-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I saw in a couple of websites that Bruce Bowen has a contract through season 2007-2008. Some sources say that 08 is a team option...meanwhile most sources say that 08 is guaranteed...

Anyone know for sure? Is 2007-2008 a team option or already a done deal? I'm just wondering because I really want Bruce to at least play for us for the next two years...

Kori Ellis
11-05-2006, 11:29 PM
It's a partially guaranteed team option. Meaning, even if the Spurs don't pick up the option, he's still guaranteed a certain amount of money for that season (I think $2M if I remember correctly).

greens
11-05-2006, 11:49 PM
It's a partially guaranteed team option. Meaning, even if the Spurs don't pick up the option, he's still guaranteed a certain amount of money for that season (I think $2M if I remember correctly).

Oh, ok. Thank you. Hmm...So he's guaranteed about 2 million either way. I'd assume the team will keep him. I mean he'll get only about 3 million for that year anyway, there is no reason for them not to keep him just to save one million...

Kori Ellis
11-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Unless something drastic happens, I expect he'll be here a few more years.

His full salary is $4,125,000 for that season.

greens
11-05-2006, 11:54 PM

Oh, it's about 4 million...I didn't realize that. Either way, you're right. I also expect him to be here for at least a few more years. I think in a recent interview, he said that he hoped to get a new deal when his contract expires at the end of next season...So he definitely wants to keep playing for a few more years. I just hope Spurs will give him a new contract...

TDMVPDPOY
11-06-2006, 12:19 AM

yeh he can play from the bench while white takes his spot....

greens
11-06-2006, 12:22 AM
yeh he can play from the bench while white takes his spot....

I think White has a long way to go before being even close to as good as defender as Bruce still is...