PDA

View Full Version : More Election Fun

Marcus Bryant
11-02-2004, 11:13 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/corner.asp

INCIDENT IN NEW JERSEY [Shannen W. Coffin]
Just got a call from my brother in law, the Deputy Town manager in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Someone came into one of their two polling places (the high school gym) and dumped white powder all over the place. Voting shut down in that location -- although some are voting provisionally in another location in town. Hazmat teams and news crews on site. Probably a hoax, but serious business.

Posted at 11:01 AM

Marcus Bryant
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
RE: INCIDENT IN NJ [Shannen Coffin]
Update. The substance tested to be harmless, salt-based substance. But no sooner had the Mount Laurel authorities cleared the high school gym than the perpertrator(s) struck again at a separate polling place across town, shutting down (at least temporarily) another polling place. I'm not going to point fingers at who might be responsible for this, but whoever it is should be put away for a healthy length of time.
Posted at 11:19 AM

Shelly
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Why do they do voting in schools? It was such a fricking zoo dropping my son off this morning.

Rant over.

NeoConIV
11-02-2004, 11:45 AM
My wife from South Korea is still amazed it's not a National day off as it is in S. Korea. Makes sense. More resources, more time to navigate through a hectic and complicated day...

SpursWoman
11-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Why do they do voting in schools? It was such a fricking zoo dropping my son off this morning.

Rant over.

No shit....I thought finding a place to park at PTA was hard, there were at least 2-300 hundred people lined up down the halls and out the door at 7:00 this morning when they opened. :wow

All freaking parked in the *drop-off* lane. :cuss

SpursWoman
11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
My wife from South Korea is still amazed it's not a National day off as it is in S. Korea. Makes sense. More resources, more time to navigate through a hectic and complicated day...

I agree, I'm sure it'd make for a better turn out, too.

I'm not getting a damn thing done today, anyway. :fro

Shelly
11-02-2004, 11:51 AM
All freaking parked in the *drop-off* lane.

Exactly.

They also had voting at our clubhouse, which is on Tezel Rd which is a feeder road to Bandera. It's a two lane road going both ways and people were parking on the street during rush hour.

MORONS!

:blah

T Park
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
be glad that people actually give a shit this election.

Im a pro bush guy, but this dude last night at this resteraunt I saw had a picture of Bush on this t shirt and it said, "Bet youll vote this time eh Hippie?"

I like bush but that was hella funny.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-02-2004, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if these precincts were heavily Repub and some demo punk was doing this to try to keep them from voting.

There should be a cop at every voting place, and the next time the fucker shows up just cap him.