PDA

View Full Version : Another real reason for Repug Iraq fiasco: oil

boutons_
11-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Bush Says U.S. Pullout Would Let Iraq Radicals Use Oil as a Weapon
By Peter Baker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, November 5, 2006; A06

GREELEY, Colo., Nov. 4 -- During the run-up to the invasion of Iraq (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/countries/iraq.html?nav=el), President Bush and his aides sternly dismissed suggestions that the war was all about oil. "Nonsense," Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld declared. "This is not about that," said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer.

Now, more than 3 1/2 years later, someone else is asserting that the war is about oil -- President Bush.

As he barnstorms across the country campaigning for Republican candidates in Tuesday's elections, Bush has been citing oil as a reason to stay in Iraq. If the United States pulled its troops out prematurely and surrendered the country to insurgents, he warns audiences, it would effectively hand over Iraq's considerable petroleum reserves to terrorists who would use it as a weapon against other countries.

"You can imagine a world in which these extremists and radicals got control of energy resources," he said at a rally here Saturday for Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-Colo.). "And then you can imagine them saying, 'We're going to pull a bunch of oil off the market to run your price of oil up unless you do the following. And the following would be along the lines of, well, 'Retreat and let us continue to expand our dark vision.' "

Bush said extremists controlling Iraq "would use energy as economic blackmail" and try to pressure the United States to abandon its alliance with Israel (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/countries/israel.html?nav=el). At a stop in Missouri on Friday, he suggested that such radicals would be "able to pull millions of barrels of oil off the market, driving the price up to $300 or $400 a barrel."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/04/AR2006110401025_pf.html

==============

Or they could keep selling oil the way the Saudis do, the price high enough to haul in petrodollar $Bs but not high enough to push the world into recession and lower oil demand. $4B/month in terrorist Iran and $4B/month into terrorist Iraq is quite enough to pay for 1000s of terrorists attacks.

... oil is another reason why the Repugs invading and losing Iraq makes the USA and world so much more in danger.

You're doing a heckuva job, dubya

SA210
11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/antiwar_generationbetrayed.jpg

01Snake
11-06-2006, 08:40 AM
God! America sucks doesn't it? How do you continue to live here? :rolleyes

SA210
11-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, my people did use to own this land.

johnsmith
11-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Well, my people did use to own this land.
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

boutons_
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
The intentional, reflexive, dishonest non-sequitur:

Being against these Repugs, dissenting against their phony war

DOES NOT EQUAL

being a traitor or anti-American or anti-military.

You radical right assholes just can't accept the overwhelming evidence of the disaster these Repugs have visited on the USA and the world. So keep lying to yourself, no one else belives you or the Repugs.

Fabbs
11-06-2006, 12:18 PM
The intentional, reflexive, dishonest non-sequitur:

Being against these Repugs, dissenting against their phony war

DOES NOT EQUAL

being a traitor or anti-American or anti-military.

You radical right assholes just can't accept the overwhelming evidence of the disaster these Repugs have visited on the USA and the world. So keep lying to yourself, no one else belives you or the Repugs.

Could someone come up with a catchphrase to counter the parrots "Cut n run". Is "Stay n Burn" too insensitive? "Die for Exxon-Mobil execs" -can that be worked into some catchy rhyme?

velik_m
11-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I wish i bought some oil company's stocks when the Iraq war started. :depressed

xrayzebra
11-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Could someone come up with a catchphrase to counter the parrots "Cut n run". Is "Stay n Burn" too insensitive? "Die for Exxon-Mobil execs" -can that be worked into some catchy rhyme?

But cut-n-run is the dimm-o-crap plan for Iraq.
Or just hate America might be a better phrase
for them.

Just wondering SA210 and boutons, when was
last time some dimm-o-crap said anything nice
about our country. Everything I hear is
negative.

Medvedenko
11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh, who cares...the rebubs are going to win tommorrow anyways.

Ocotillo
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM

With folks like you around, it can be difficult sometimes. I am an optimist at heart though and believe good will triumph over evil on November 7th.

xrayzebra
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh, who cares...the rebubs are going to win tommorrow anyways.

See my latest thread, many a true word spoken
in jest........
:toast :elephant

Medvedenko
11-06-2006, 07:09 PM
They're going to win because America is lost, the red states want blood, as all good Christians....