PDA

View Full Version : Racism

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Check out the amount of redneck bullshit being spewed in the comment section of THIS (http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=Nlb6UdVwgyU&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DNlb6UdVwgyU%26mode%3Drelated%26search% 3D) video. The video is about the LA riots which ofcourse does usually generate mixed emotions on people. However, of the 100+ comments about the video I'd say close to %90 are all racist white people using the events of the riot as en excuse to spew their ignorant beliefs.

IX_Equilibrium
11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Check out the amount of redneck bullshit being spewed in the comment section of THIS (http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=Nlb6UdVwgyU&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DNlb6UdVwgyU%26mode%3Drelated%26search% 3D) video. The video is about the LA riots which ofcourse does usually generate mixed emotions on people. However, of the 100+ comments about the video I'd say close to %90 are all racist white people using the events of the riot as en excuse to spew their ignorant beliefs.

The viewing of racist acts will bring forth racist comments. It's a shame on both sides of the fence.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
The viewing of racist acts will bring forth racist comments. It's a shame on both sides of the fence.
I agree, except there are virtually no comments from black people in there. The part I found interesting though, is that there are almost no comments from sensible, reasonable people. Almost all the comments come from ignorant rednecks. You would think that with over 16,000 views there would be more people willing to speak out against all the ignorance being spewed in that place.

IX_Equilibrium
11-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I agree, except there are virtually no comments from black people in there. The part I found interesting though, is that there are almost no comments from sensible, reasonable people. Almost all the comments come from ignorant rednecks.

It's not surprising to me. You think a video of a bunch of black people attacking non-blacks in the street is going to spurn intelligent debate? Again, the viewing of racist acts brings forth racist comments. What the hell else do you expect?

DarkReign
11-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Well, what would you make of the LA riot videos? Looks to me like racism gone violent.

Not to say black people havent been prey to violent racism for better part of 2 centuries, but it is a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of world.

I remember the feelings I was having watching those newscasts during the riots. Those feelings werent "Oh those poor, mistreated minorities."

Of course, I was like 14 (1994, right? Googled, it was 1992, I was 12).

DarkReign
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Hmmm, after reading about the riots, seems being 12 years old at the time had alot to do with my stupid anger.

Korean and Latino owned stores and people were the major target of violence. Not white people.

14 years later, I learn something I never knew. Changes my perspective slightly about the whole ordeal. Not much, but slightly.

So its out there, whether Rodney King was on pcp and endangering the public, there is never a reason to beat someone like he was. Then again, there is no reason for the general public to respond the way it did either. All in all, one fucked up situation, led to another, led to another, led to another...

Spurminator
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Riots are motivated by greed.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2006, 02:14 PM
H I'd say close to %90 are all racist white peopleI take offense in being called "white". No one seems to care about that.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2006, 02:17 PM

Seriously though, its a fucking YouTube comments sections. Most people on here are trying to be funny. How can we actually tell if they truly mean what they are saying. And you sir, how do you know they are rednecks?

dougp
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm not gonna go read the comments but I'd like to say that there's no way you could know that the people leaving comments are white.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Seriously though, its a fucking YouTube comments sections. Most people on here are trying to be funny. How can we actually tell if they truly mean what they are saying. And you sir, how do you know they are rednecks?
I don't, you're right, its redneck behavior, so I just assumed

ALVAREZ6
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I don't, you're right, its redneck behavior, so I just assumed
:lol You're being racist right back...

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
:lol You're being racist right back...redneck is not a race Einstein, and I'm not calling all whites racists, so how am I being racist??

ALVAREZ6
11-07-2006, 09:36 AM
redneck is not a race Einstein, and I'm not calling all whites racists, so how am I being racist??
Well "######" or "Spics" aren't races either, but they're still terms to separate and attack a group of people.

gospursgojas
11-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Racism will never die, because you have the ignorant who actually belive that people can be judged by race, color, and creed....

But IMO alot of racisim is kept alive by those who blame it for every break or handout they don't get.

IX_Equilibrium
11-08-2006, 05:06 AM
But IMO alot of racisim is kept alive by those who blame it for every break or handout they don't get.

Racism is also kept alive by moronic threads like this one.

velik_m
11-08-2006, 05:19 AM
I find the very idea of "races" insulting and racist.

PakiDan
11-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Well "######" or "Spics" aren't races either, but they're still terms to separate and attack a group of people.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo!

It doesn't take a white men to be racist.

E20
11-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Everybody here should stop taking a serious approach to racism right now, because chances are everybody here will crack a racist joke by tonight.

TheSanityAnnex
11-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Everybody here should stop taking a serious approach to racism right now, because chances are everybody here will crack a racist joke by tonight.

I love racist jokes because I'm not racist.

IceColdBrewski
11-08-2006, 08:22 PM

So there's a Jewish guy, an Italian guy, and a Black guy sitting at the bar. An old man walks in. The Jewish guy says, "Holy shit! That guy is so old, he could be God." They all get a good laugh out of it. So the Jewish guy calls the bartender over and tells him to send a few drinks to the old man. A few minutes later, the old man comes up and says, "I just wanted to say thanks for the drinks." The jewish guy replies, "Well, the only reason we sent the drinks over is because we thought you might be God." They all get another good laugh at the old mans expense. The old man replies, "I am God." He puts his hand on the Jewish mans head and says, "you have a brain tumor, and you've only got 6 months to live...but now you're healed." Then the old man puts his hand on the Itailian mans stomach and says, "you have prostate cancer, and only have 3 months to live...but now you're healed." The black guy jumps up and says, "God, keep your fuckin hands off me! I'm on disability!"