PDA

View Full Version : I know we talked about the B2B games

sandman
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
but November sure does have a lot of 3 games in 4 nights scenarios as well.

We actually start with 5 games in 7 days (11/2, 11/3, 11/5, 11/6, 11/8)

Then a span of 5 days where we only play one game (11/11)

Followed by 3 games in 4 nights (11/14, 11/15, 11/17)

Followed by another 3 games on 4 nights (11/19, 11/20, 11/22)

Then another 3 games in 4 nights to finish the month (11/24, 11/26, 11/27)

Now look at the end of November through December: outside of a 4 games in 5 nights from the 10th through the 14th, most of the month is spread out with plenty of breaks, with only one other B2B.

That is 15 games in the first 26 days, followed by 16 games in the next 35 days. Additionally, more than half of these first 15 games in 26 days are on the road, where the more spread out schedule in December is mainly home games.

Considering that we have new parts, don't play well in B2B's and are notoriously slow starters defensively because of the intense scheme, these first 15 games could set the tone on whether we play catch up all season or not.

This is like a double hurdle this early in the season thanks to the schedule makers. Should not have been so optimistic when doing the predictions for November records. .500 actually seems a reasonable expectation considering all those factors. I focused too much on just the B2B.

BeerIsGood!
11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
That is where a bench that contributes will be big. Udrih, Barry, Elson, Finley, etc. playing well fairly consistently during this stretch will allow them more productive mintues on the floor and that means less minutes for TD, TP, and Manu. Less mintues per game = less fatigue and should help them play well. I look for a good game tonight against the Knicks since no one really played a ton of hard, emotional minutes against the Raptors.

sandman
11-06-2006, 02:03 PM
That is where a bench that contributes will be big. Udrih, Barry, Elson, Finley, etc. playing well fairly consistently during this stretch will allow them more productive mintues on the floor and that means less minutes for TD, TP, and Manu. Less mintues per game = less fatigue and should help them play well. I look for a good game tonight against the Knicks since no one really played a ton of hard, emotional minutes against the Raptors.

Sort of scary to think that getting a jump on what will be a really good Southwest division will come down to bench play in November.