PDA

View Full Version : Terry still a thug

dav4463
11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Jason Terry almost took a guys head off tonight. EJECTED ! I couldn't believe the Maverick announcers disagreed with the flagrant foul call....talk about homers!!!

Obstructed_View
11-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Jason Terry almost took a guys head off tonight. EJECTED ! I couldn't believe the Maverick announcers disagreed with the flagrant foul call....talk about homers!!!
The radio guys said it was a good call.

Holmes_Fans
11-06-2006, 11:04 PM
No the TV guys said atfirst they didn't think it warranted a 2, then saw the replay and agreed since he hit his head it did.

dav4463
11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok, at least they admitted it after the replay. It was fairly obvious. At first they didn't agree with the call. Mavericks look tentative though...like they are expecting something bad to happen instead of playing with confidence. They also have gone back to shooting way too many fadeaway jumpers. The prayer that Anthony Johnson threw in from the corner kept them in the game, but you can't depend on shots like that to keep bailing you out. Is this 7 game losing streak getting in their heads? It looks like it might be.

Shank
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Mavs are garbage right now and I'm not sure what it's going to take to turn this mess around.

makedamnsure
11-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I would've thought the loss to Houston would've woken them up but guess not..

Shank
11-06-2006, 11:56 PM
They deserve to lose both on the road. No one is stepping up, there's no compliment to Dirk (who isn't exactly lighting it up), no one takes over a game, no one leads, there's no fire, no hustle, the defense is out of place most of the time, the centers are shit, the playcalling is shit, they're all over the place mentally and look like they didn't know the season has started.

They deserve all the criticism and bashing that's currently aimed their way.

mavsfan1000
11-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Howard going down was what made the difference in this game. Terry is still playing like crap.

dav4463
11-07-2006, 12:30 AM
If Terry gets suspended and Howard is injured, this road trip looks increasingly tough.

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 12:32 AM
If Terry gets suspended and Howard is injured, this road trip looks increasingly tough.
Knowing Stern it probably will happen. Howard is not going on the road trip.

dav4463
11-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Terry may be suspended because of what he did to Finley last year and his history of flagrant elbows and punches in Atlanta. Sometimes your past haunts you. (Rasheed, Rodman, etc.)

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 12:52 AM
That was a dirty foul by Terry. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended.

Mavs aren't going to implode or anything, it's too early in the season. But AJ needs to reign them in and get them under control.

Speaking of out of control, Nelly and Cuban fighting over money is classic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2652144

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2006/11/06/a-wierd-thing-about-owning-a-team/ :lol

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Since when does a hard foul result in a player being a thug? Malone didn't exactly play nice, and he was a self-proclaimed 'black red-neck'

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
It wasn't a hard foul with a play on the ball.

It was just going hard for a guy's head because he was beating your ass.

There's a difference.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Besides, it was against Monta ELLIS.

Automatic suspension.

dav4463
11-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Terry had a reputation in Atlanta (elbows, punches). He punched Finley in the balls. Now he goes for a guys head........what else does he need to do to be labeled a thug?

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Terry had a reputation in Atlanta (elbows, punches). He punched Finley in the balls. Now he goes for a guys head........what else does he need to do to be labeled a thug?
Considering what Terry does for the community and gets along with teammates and hard foul came from frustration. He is not a dirty player but he did lose his temper just like anyone can.

dav4463
11-07-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm not saying he isn't a good guy overall. It's just that he seems to lose his cool on the court when things aren't going his way and he starts playing really dirty.

jbspurs
11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
ok not a thug.... may be a THUG BALLER? happy now?

Dre_7
11-07-2006, 03:19 AM
Besides, it was against Monta ELLIS.

Automatic suspension.

:lol Suspension for life Kori?? :D

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 04:26 AM
ok not a thug.... may be a THUG BALLER? happy now?
In that case there are a lot of THUG BALLERS than. It is common for someone to do a hard foul or some sort of reaction after getting frustrated. A dangerous thing to do but it is common.

Slomo
11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
That was a dirty foul by Terry. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended.

Mavs aren't going to implode or anything, it's too early in the season. But AJ needs to reign them in and get them under control.

Speaking of out of control, Nelly and Cuban fighting over money is classic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2652144

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2006/11/06/a-wierd-thing-about-owning-a-team/ :lol:lol

good reading, thanks for the links.

I was a little surprised you didn't comment on the title :spin

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Misc/Cuban_blog.jpg

BigVee
11-07-2006, 10:04 AM
The thing I hate about Terry is that he is always giving thanks to God after games and such....he is nothing but a hypocrite. He is a thug pure and simple.

JamStone
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Mavs are playing like bitches.

Sack up and win.

stretch
11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
The thing I hate about Terry is that he is always giving thanks to God after games and such....he is nothing but a hypocrite. He is a thug pure and simple.
you're a fucking moron, along with the others calling him a thug.

the definition of a thug is "a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer."

hes not really a ruffian, robber, or murderer.

yea, sometimes he does lose his cool and do things he shouldnt, but thats hardly thuglike. everyone does little cheapshots and shit when they lose their cool. it happens from time to time. but it doesnt classify the person as a thug. hes never had legal issues. hes never had drug issues. hes really never had any issues, and been known as a clean, likable, guy. sometimes his competetive nature gets the best of him though, and he does things he shouldnt, but EVERYONE does that. Kobe does little cheapshots and elbows all the time, but no one calls him a thug.

BigVee
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
No, everyone doesn't do that. Watch many games? You are just another homer. He is a thug. You can call me whatever you want, very classy by the way, but he is what he is.

kskonn
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
So based on stretch's description mavs player can never complain about bowen being dirty because everyone takes little cheap shots.

And according to Macsfan1000's criteria what you do good for you community cancels cheap shots on the court.Therefore Bowen is probably one of the cleanest players in the leaque.

stretch
11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
So based on stretch's description mavs player can never complain about bowen being dirty because everyone takes little cheap shots.

And according to Macsfan1000's criteria what you do good for you community cancels cheap shots on the court.Therefore Bowen is probably one of the cleanest players in the leaque.

the difference between the cheap shots bowen does, and the cheap shots other players do, is that guys like Terry do them out of frustration. now im not condoning that, but thats what happens from time to time. but flat out doing shit like kicking players in the face to stop them from taking a shot, tripping people, undercutting and pushing players in mid-air, as a part of your defensive strategy, is dirty. im not calling him a thug though. i think Bruce Bowen is a great, classy guy. i think he is definitely the best man defender in the league. no one can shut down a single player the way Bruce Bowen can (although he is getting old, and less capable these days, and i have a lot of respect for him, but he does dirty things on the court as well. anyone who denies that is full of shit. however, what you do on the court, does not make you who you are. being dirty at times on the court, does not make you a thug.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Since when does a hard foul result in a player being a thug? Malone didn't exactly play nice, and he was a self-proclaimed 'black red-neck'
So you think Karl Malone wasn't a thug? That would explain why you don't think JT is a thug. :lol

ponky
11-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Who cares? I think Bowen's a cheapshot little piece of shit, Spurs fans think Terry's a thug because of last year's incident with Finley, WOW, fucking enlightening news of the day.

LB7
11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
It wasn't a hard foul with a play on the ball.

It was just going hard for a guy's head because he was beating your ass.

There's a difference.
Wow...unbelievable. Both very fast athletes going at the hoop and Terry tries to prevent the easy layup/dunk and gets his head. Flagrant foul fine but no way was he trying to take his head off. Guess you have some kind of love for Monta Ellis but that comment was just absurd. By the way, at that time, the game was not lost by the Mavs...still plenty of time and no reason for JET to do something he knew he would get ejected for. Sometimes when running full speed and being in the air, you go for one thing but get another. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the flagrant, but to say that he was running down the floor with the intent to take his head off and hurt him is ridiculous. Did you even play sports? The way you guys take a play that any Mavs player makes and run with it is hilarious though. If it were up to you guys, you would call every single Mavs player a thug and want them all suspended.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Who cares? I think Bowen's a cheapshot little piece of shit, Spurs fans think Terry's a thug because of last year's incident with Finley, WOW, fucking enlightening news of the day.
If and when he's suspended, this will be at least Terry's fourth suspension, the second in his last fifteen games. If Jason Terry killed a guy on the floor and started to fuck his corpse at halfcourt, you Mavs fans would say that he was somehow justified.

ponky
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Where in my previous post did I defend Terry's actions last season when he punched Finley? I can explain the frustration and probably why it happened but I'm not defending his actions, he deserved to be suspended a game. Last night's foul wasn't even a big deal, the guy was fine and getting ready to get up before Nellie told him to stay down. Sure he deserves a flagrant but to call him a thug is funny. It's not big fucking news that the league is inconsistent. Just because guys like Bowen get lightly slapped on the hand with a fine for kicking another player in the back and Horry can bite people whenever the hell he feels like it doesn't make them *classy*

LB7
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
If and when he's suspended, this will be at least Terry's fourth suspension, the second in his last fifteen games. If Jason Terry killed a guy on the floor and started to fuck his corpse at halfcourt, you Mavs fans would say that he was somehow justified.
I would be surprised if he is suspended. Probably fined. Your post did make me laugh. I'm a Mavs fan and I love Terry but that was funny.

LB7
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Where in my previous post did I defend Terry's actions last season when he punched Finley? I can explain the frustration and probably why it happened but I'm not defending his actions, he deserved to be suspended a game. Last night's foul wasn't even a big deal, the guy was fine and getting ready to get up before Nellie told him to stay down. Sure he deserves a flagrant but to call him a thug is funny. It's not big fucking news that the league is inconsistent. Just because guys like Bowen get lightly slapped on the hand with a fine for kicking another player in the back and Horry can bite people whenever the hell he feels like it doesn't make them *classy*
Yeah I almost forgot that everyone fails to mention that Horry bit Stackhouse last year after a play. Funny stuff.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Bowen was fined 12 grand. The general sentiment here as I recall was that he was stupid for kicking Allen and was lucky NOT to be suspended, and Horry got suspended for a game, not for the bite, but for touching an official, and everyone knew that he HAD to be suspended by the letter of the law. Nobody, as I recall, in either case, responded by saying "Well Jason Terry is a thug."

It's amazing that, rather than discuss whether or not Jason Terry deserves the punishment, you guys would rather point out things other people do. That's why you and your team are collectively such a joke on this board.

ponky
11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Bowen was fined 12 grand. The general sentiment here as I recall was that he was stupid for kicking Allen and was lucky NOT to be suspended, and Horry got suspended for a game, not for the bite, but for touching an official, and everyone knew that he HAD to be suspended by the letter of the law. Nobody, as I recall, in either case, responded by saying "Well Jason Terry is a thug."

It's amazing that, rather than discuss whether or not Jason Terry deserves the punishment, you guys would rather point out things other people do. That's why you and your team are collectively such a joke on this board.

You really do allow everything to go over your head just for the sake of argument with a Mavs fan don't you? The REASON we don't discuss the punishment is because I agreed with the punishment he deserves in the first place. Comprende?

Now, you just posted one enlightening thing, that is, that Bowen was LUCKY for not getting suspended. DING DING DING, we have a winner. My point, as you can read above (the part about consistency) is that Bowen is always so fucking *lucky* with his shit when it comes to the league. So, if you're going to use the league's inconsistencies when determining whether someone is or is not a thug then I call bullshit. That's like saying that the white-collar guy who paid a lawyer big bucks to clear a speeding ticket is less guilty of the crime than some poor s.o.b. who has to pay for the same violation. I don't mind calling Terry a thug...but only if you include guys like Bowen in that same group of thugs.

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Guess you have some kind of love for Monta Ellis but that comment was just absurd.

Lighten up Francis...she was making a joke.

Kori Ellis....Monta Ellis

Get it now?

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 01:56 PM

Get it now?

:lol

I thought that was obvious as hell.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I was a little surprised you didn't comment on the title :spin

:lol I told LJ last night -- "Come read Cuban's blog, he even misspelled weird in the title."

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I thought that was obvious as hell.

you and everyone else. :lol

well...almost everyone.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 02:06 PM
You really do allow everything to go over your head just for the sake of argument with a Mavs fan don't you? The REASON we don't discuss the punishment is because I agreed with the punishment he deserves in the first place. Comprende?
Um, you agreed with the punishment that Terry got LAST YEAR for punching Finley, and then went right on to say that last night's foul "wasn't a big deal" and that the league lets their precious Bruce Bowen get away with whatever he wants.

Seriously, dipshit. Do you even read your own posts?

Now, you just posted one enlightening thing, that is, that Bowen was LUCKY for not getting suspended. DING DING DING, we have a winner. My point, as you can read above (the part about consistency) is that Bowen is always so fucking *lucky* with his shit when it comes to the league. So, if you're going to use the league's inconsitencies when determing whether someone is or is not a thug then I call bullshit. That's like saying that the white-collar guy who paid a lawyer big bucks to clear a speeding ticket is less guilty of the crime than some poor s.o.b. who has to pay for the same violation. I don't mind calling Terry a thug...but only if you include guys like Bowen in that same group of thugs.
Find me the rule in the book about kicking a player off of you out of frustration drawing a mandatory suspension, and I'll show you the rule about flagrant fouls and punching with a closed fist. Bowen has been on the receiving end of two flagrant fouls at the hands of Maverick players, who are probably at or near the top five of the league in flagrants, ejections, technicals and suspensions over the last five years. Comparing him with Jet is just retarded.

What Bowen did was stupid. Period. Ray Allen accuses him of being dirty, throws punches, flops and fakes injuries in order to get calls from the officials, and Bruce gave away a lot of credibility by kicking him. The Spurs fans were HARSHER in their judgment than the league was, and if Bowen were really considered a dirty player by the league they would change the rules or foul him out of games until he cleaned up his act. That said, it doesn't change the fact that Jason Terry punches guys and throws guys to the ground while they are in the air, usually when someone is beating his team. That he plays on a team full of sore losers with sore loser fans just makes it all the more appropriate.

ponky
11-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Um, you agreed with the punishment that Terry got LAST YEAR for punching Finley, and then went right on to say that last night's foul "wasn't a big deal" and that the league lets their precious Bruce Bowen get away with whatever he wants.

Seriously, dipshit. Do you even read your own posts?

Find me the rule in the book about kicking a player off of you out of frustration drawing a mandatory suspension, and I'll show you the rule about flagrant fouls and punching with a closed fist. Bowen has been on the receiving end of two flagrant fouls at the hands of Maverick players, who are probably at or near the top five of the league in flagrants, ejections, technicals and suspensions over the last five years. Comparing him with Jet is just retarded.

What Bowen did was stupid. Period. Ray Allen accuses him of being dirty, throws punches, flops and fakes injuries in order to get calls from the officials, and Bruce gave away a lot of credibility by kicking him. The Spurs fans were HARSHER in their judgment than the league was, and if Bowen were really considered a dirty player by the league they would change the rules or foul him out of games until he cleaned up his act. That said, it doesn't change the fact that Jason Terry punches guys and throws guys to the ground while they are in the air, usually when someone is beating his team. That he plays on a team full of sore losers with sore loser fans just makes it all the more appropriate.

Wow, you just don't get it do you? I'll just leave it for now since we, I mean you, have resorted to name calling. One word, consistency...only a guy with blinders wouldn't recognize that the league has a problem with this when it comes to how they handle players. BTW, Bowen has been on the end of a lot more than what the Mavericks dish out, take a look at the history, I know I have. I'm done here, we'll agree to disagree, unless you wanna call me another name out of frustration.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 02:24 PM
One word, consistency...only a guy with blinders wouldn't recognize that the league has a problem with this when it comes to how they handle players. BTW, Bowen has been on the end of a lot more than what the Mavericks dish out, take a look at the history, I know I have.
Wow, that was easy. Thanks for the complete lack of any facts to back up your statements, and thanks for quitting rather than attempt to mount a defense. That is apparently what your team does, too. I imagine if you had a single iota of substance to back up anything you say, you'd post it up.

Wow, you just don't get it do you? I'll just leave it for now since we, I mean you, have resorted to name calling. ... I'm done here, we'll agree to disagree, unless you wanna call me another name out of frustration.

I think Bowen's a cheapshot little piece of shit

Yeah, I guess you would know about name calling. :rolleyes

stretch
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
prove it.

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
No, everyone doesn't do that. Watch many games? You are just another homer. He is a thug. You can call me whatever you want, very classy by the way, but he is what he is.
You need to watch more games of other teams than. The spurs don't do it that often but many teams do it. Trust me. I remember Bibby karate chopping someone on pure frustration.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
prove it.
Prove that Jason Terry has been suspended three times before, or prove that you guys will defend him no matter what he does? If it's the latter, your statement pretty much wraps it up.

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Prove that Jason Terry has been suspended three times before, or prove that you guys will defend him no matter what he does? If it's the latter, your statement pretty much wraps it up.
Dude you need to :stfu. Your anti-mavs bullshit is getting old. :pctoss

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
But anti-Spurs bullshit is ok?

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
But anti-Spurs bullshit is ok?
Yeah it is. :lol

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, as long as we cleared that up. :lol

stretch
11-07-2006, 03:51 PM
prove that we would defend a guy who kills someone on the court and proceeds to fuck his corpse. thats a bit outrageous. i know you were just joking about that though. however, not all mavs fans are the same way. some are total complete homers. just like several of spurs fans are total complete homers. but that doesnt mean every mavs fan is. while i dont think its fair or even remotely fitting to call him a thug, i dont condone some of the actions that he has done either.

SAtown
11-07-2006, 03:54 PM

I saw this game with the free League Pass preview, and I must say that the announcers for FSN Dallas or whatever were some of the worst commentators I've ever heard. One thing is to be biased for the viewing audience, but they were downright awful.
Thank God for Sean Elliot! :downspin:

LB7
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Get it now?
You got me on that one. Can't say I pay much attention to anyone's name on here and I really don't care much. The point I was making really had nothing to do with that. I was calling her out on something else...that was just a side note.

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I got that and its all good...but the lighten up comment stands. Your point was well articulated but then the credibility was lost when you implied all Spurs fans think alike. Such is the stuff of ignorance.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow...unbelievable. Both very fast athletes going at the hoop and Terry tries to prevent the easy layup/dunk and gets his head. Flagrant foul fine but no way was he trying to take his head off. Guess you have some kind of love for Monta Ellis but that comment was just absurd. By the way, at that time, the game was not lost by the Mavs...still plenty of time and no reason for JET to do something he knew he would get ejected for. Sometimes when running full speed and being in the air, you go for one thing but get another. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the flagrant, but to say that he was running down the floor with the intent to take his head off and hurt him is ridiculous. Did you even play sports? The way you guys take a play that any Mavs player makes and run with it is hilarious though. If it were up to you guys, you would call every single Mavs player a thug and want them all suspended.

Okay I'll answer you now that you got the Ellis joke.

It was obvious to me that he made no play on the ball whatsoever. He tried to prevent the layup by going for his head. Do I think he planned it as he was running down the floor? No, but he did intentionally go for his head.

And I know you are enjoying your sweeping generalizations, but I don't think any Mavs players are "thugs" per se. (Thugs are guys that get involved in gangster type activities, like Stephen Jackson.) But I think that was a dirty play, just I think him punching Finley in the balls was a dirty play.

I actually like almost all the Mavs. Dirk is one of my favorite players in the league. And he's one of the coolest players I've ever interviewed.

But I don't like JTerry or DHarris.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Dude you need to :stfu. Your anti-mavs bullshit is getting old. :pctoss
If you and the rest of Mavs nation are tired of being my bitch, you are welcome to click the little X.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
prove that we would defend a guy who kills someone on the court and proceeds to fuck his corpse. thats a bit outrageous. i know you were just joking about that though. however, not all mavs fans are the same way. some are total complete homers. just like several of spurs fans are total complete homers. but that doesnt mean every mavs fan is. while i dont think its fair or even remotely fitting to call him a thug, i dont condone some of the actions that he has done either.
If you are going to go by the dictionary definition of thug, then I'll agree that JT isn't a thug. However I was calling him a thug in a basketball sense, being that he loses his temper and hurts people; something he's done multiple times in his career resulting in fines, suspensions and ejections. I'd be really surprised to see ANY Mavs fan on this board offer an unqualified condemnation of any of the dirty and violent things the Mavericks players have done over the past seven years, because if it's happened, I didn't see it.

As far as proving that you'd defend him, we'll have to wait until one of the Mavs does something worse than a flagrant 2, a cheap shot or putting a bounty on opposing players because you guys haven't seen fit to hold them up to any standard of decency so far. It'll happen soon enough.

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, he's not a thug and he made a hard foul. Just about players commits a hard foul once in a while. It's just he's a Maverick, so Spurs fans are quick to jump on it.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 08:15 PM
[ Well, he's not a thug and he made a hard foul. Just about players commits a hard foul once in a while. It's just he's a Maverick, so Spurs fans are quick to jump on it.
Dude, it's time to wake up and realize that the Mavericks are a dirty team. Spurs fans didn't suspend Jason Terry twice in his last fifteen games. It wasn't a hard foul, it was a flagrant foul. There's a big difference between the two.

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Dude, it's time to wake up and realize that the Mavericks are a dirty team. Spurs fans didn't suspend Jason Terry twice in his last fifteen games. It wasn't a hard foul, it was a flagrant foul. There's a big difference between the two.

2-3 players who mess up sometimes don't make the entire team look like a dirty team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Considering what Terry does for the community and gets along with teammates and hard foul came from frustration. He is not a dirty player but he did lose his temper just like anyone can.

Aw hell, Charles Manson did gardening. It beautified the community, let's overlook the fact he was a mass murderer :lol

Nice logic, dumbass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, he's not a thug and he made a hard foul. Just about players commits a hard foul once in a while. It's just he's a Maverick, so Spurs fans are quick to jump on it.

Um, he could be on any team in the league, and I would think he's a thug for that play on Ellis last night.

Damn dude, call up your buddy mavsfan1000 and have him help pull the panties out of your ass crack.

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
If Bowen was on another team, you'd think he was the dirtiest player in the game. But since he's a Spur, you'd lick his asscrack if he ran out of toilet paper.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 09:38 PM
2-3 players who mess up sometimes don't make the entire team look like a dirty team.
Stackhouse throwing shoves and getting suspended for flagrant fouls, Dirk committing flagrant fouls and attacking exercise equipment, JT punching Finley and getting suspended, Finley when he was there throwing multiple forearms at Bowen, Josh Howard shoving Bowen and claiming self-defense, Juwan Howard taking out Derek Anderson, Mark Cuban telling Josh to hit Bowen in the face with the ball and he'll pay the fine...

Yeah, you are right. The ENTIRE team isn't dirty. :rolleyes

dallaskd
11-07-2006, 09:43 PM
OHHHH......dont go off saying Jason Terry is a dirty player. You got a little fart on the Spurs named Bruce Bowen Maybe you've heard of him?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/more/08/16/team.usa.bowen.ap/p1.bruce.bowen.jpg

Thats what I call a CLOSELINE.

mavsfan1000
11-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Mavs fans have owned the spurs fans in this topic. Spurs fans have the dirtiest player and they are complaining about Terry's accidental take off head incident in which he was trying to foul but the guy sticked his head out instead of his hand while going to the basket.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 12:48 AM

Spurs fans have the dirtiest player and they are complaining about Terry's accidental take off head incident in which he was trying to foul but the guy sticked his head out instead of his hand while going to the basket.

Seriously, do I actually even need to comment? :lol :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
11-08-2006, 01:12 AM
OHHHH......dont go off saying Jason Terry is a dirty player. You got a little fart on the Spurs named Bruce Bowen Maybe you've heard of him?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/more/08/16/team.usa.bowen.ap/p1.bruce.bowen.jpg

Its called patriotism asshat, something you would know nothing about since the only player to rep any nation on the Mavs is a damn German

Shank
11-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Don't other players have to fear Terry for him to be a thug?

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Don't other players have to fear Terry for him to be a thug?
He's little, skinny, slow, and looks like George Jefferson. He's not going to intimidate anyone but they all know he's a cheap-shot artist.

nkdlunch
11-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Terry ain't a thug, he's a turd

ambchang
11-08-2006, 10:59 AM
I am still waiting on Mavs fans to cite Spurs players with flagrant fouls over the last couple of years, rather than saying legal defense is dirty.
So, other than consipiracy theories regarding how an undrafted player like Bowen, who bounced around 4 teams (twice with Miami) in his first 4 years in the league is getting preferential treatment from the referees, can anybody come up with any concrete evidence how Bowen is really dirty? Well, at least dirtier than Jason Terry, who managed to get two flagrant fouls in the last 20 or so games?

samikeyp
11-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Its ok amb...I am still waiting on Mavs fans to answer a question I have posed since June....why is it ok for Mav fans to call out Spurs fans for bitching about officiating in the WCSF but then Mav fans can say the same things, sometimes verbaitum, about the officiating in the Finals and they feek their complaints are legit?

Personally I believe no bitching about the refs is good but I think I am in the minority.

stretch
11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
If you are going to go by the dictionary definition of thug, then I'll agree that JT isn't a thug. However I was calling him a thug in a basketball sense, being that he loses his temper and hurts people; something he's done multiple times in his career resulting in fines, suspensions and ejections. I'd be really surprised to see ANY Mavs fan on this board offer an unqualified condemnation of any of the dirty and violent things the Mavericks players have done over the past seven years, because if it's happened, I didn't see it.

As far as proving that you'd defend him, we'll have to wait until one of the Mavs does something worse than a flagrant 2, a cheap shot or putting a bounty on opposing players because you guys haven't seen fit to hold them up to any standard of decency so far. It'll happen soon enough.
i think the punch in the nuts was worse than this, and i didnt condone that one bit. while i thought it wasnt unwarranted, like some bullshit spurs fans said, because finley clearly came in and smashed into him for no reason, and terry clearly had the ball, and it should not have been a jump-ball, i still think he should not have punched him either.

and if that is your best answer at proving it, then STFU. if you are going to make comments like that, at least be able to back it up with proof, instead of making ignorant accusations like that. i havent seen anyone condone terry actions. some people said it wasnt as bad as it looked, and that it shouldnt have been a flagrant 2, but no one is saying that he shouldnt have been more careful. many people didnt think he deserved to be suspended for the punch to fins balls, but no one condoned the punch either.

stretch
11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
LOL

the Mavericks are a dirty team? a couple actions out of anger or frustration does not make this team dirty. how often do mavericks players get suspended for things like that? not often at all. all teams have players that get suspended once in a while here and there for a dirty play or something. it doesnt make the team dirty. and i dont recall Terry being suspended twice. the only suspension i recall was the punch suspension.

Dude, its time to wake up and realize that you are a total fucking homer.

stretch
11-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Stackhouse throwing shoves and getting suspended for flagrant fouls, Dirk committing flagrant fouls and attacking exercise equipment, JT punching Finley and getting suspended, Finley when he was there throwing multiple forearms at Bowen, Josh Howard shoving Bowen and claiming self-defense, Juwan Howard taking out Derek Anderson, Mark Cuban telling Josh to hit Bowen in the face with the ball and he'll pay the fine...

Yeah, you are right. The ENTIRE team isn't dirty. :rolleyes
you're a fucking moron. if you are going to bring up flagrants that happened 6 or 7 years ago, then you are seriously the most ignorant bitch alive.

samikeyp
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call the Mavs a dirty team and I don't think Terry is dirty per se but he is not above dropping a cheap shot now and then...then again a lot of NBA players are the same way.

bdictjames
11-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, Terry's a hypocrite all right

dirk4mvp
11-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Cliffnotes of this so far:

Spurs fans think he's a good for nothing thug because he fouled someone hard and got a flag. 2

Mavs fans think he's not a thug and it was just a hard foul Nothing more, nothing less.

Who woulda guessed? :rolleyes

LEONARD
11-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Flagrant foul...yes

Thug? No

jman3000
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
anybody have that youtube of jason terry?

jman3000
11-08-2006, 05:31 PM
anybody have that youtube of jason terry?

yeah booiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flC3GZm2lU

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 08:08 PM
because finley clearly came in and smashed into him for no reason, and terry clearly had the ball, and it should not have been a jump-ball.
*snip*
some people said it wasnt as bad as it looked, and that it shouldnt have been a flagrant 2, but no one is saying that he shouldnt have been more careful. many people didnt think he deserved to be suspended for the punch to fins balls, but no one condoned the punch either.
Still no sign of an unqualified condemnation of either action. Finley apparently deserved to be punched for diving on the floor to tie up Terry. Since the jump ball was called, obviously the officials on the floor disagreed with you, but that doesn't matter, right?

a couple actions out of anger or frustration does not make this team dirty. how often do mavericks players get suspended for things like that?
Twice in last year's playoffs alone.

all teams have players that get suspended once in a while here and there for a dirty play or something. No actually they don't. The Mavs are the dirtiest team in the league.

and i dont recall Terry being suspended twice. the only suspension i recall was the punch suspension.He was suspended twice in Atlanta. Perfect fit to come to Dallas.

you're a fucking moron. if you are going to bring up flagrants that happened 6 or 7 years ago, then you are seriously the most ignorant bitch alive.Just because it was five years before you started rooting for the team doesn't make it ancient history. There's a history of Mavericks in the Mark Cuban era of taking cheap shots and playing bush league basketball. Not my fault that you refuse to accept it.

mavsfan1000
11-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Still no sign of an unqualified condemnation of either action. Finley apparently deserved to be punched for diving on the floor to tie up Terry. Since the jump ball was called, obviously the officials on the floor disagreed with you, but that doesn't matter, right?

No actually they don't. The Mavs are the dirtiest team in the league.

He was suspended twice in Atlanta. Perfect fit to come to Dallas.

Just because it was five years before you started rooting for the team doesn't make it ancient history. There's a history of Mavericks in the Mark Cuban era of taking cheap shots and playing bush league basketball. Not my fault that you refuse to accept it.
You're an idiot.

himat
11-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Mavs can't keep losing. The SouthEast division is arguably the best in the NBA, only the Central may be better.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 08:38 PM
You're an idiot.
Since we've already established over and over again that you can't even begin to bring any substantive defense of your bush league team, at least you spelled "you're" properly this time.

Go Clippers! Happy 0-4.

dirk4mvp
11-08-2006, 09:41 PM
So, do you consider Raja a thug? Since he clothelined the shit out of Kobe on purpose?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Spurs fans think he's a good for nothing thug because he fouled someone hard and got a flag. 2

Um, I think he's a thug because he was a cheap shot artist at Atlanta, and he's one now at Dallas. Maybe if you watched someone play other than your Mavs, you'd know that he was a punk ass bitch in Atlanta and did the same kind of shit.

But seeings he's a Mav player now, you've got to auto-fellatiate him on every internet forum you can find.

dirk4mvp
11-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Creative on the name changing. Not bad at all. :tu

And I do watch just about every NBA game that comes on t.v. How else would I have caught the bullshit calls the spurs got tonight against the Suns?

But way to basically call someone a homer when you're one of the biggest dumbass homers here.

LB7
11-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Okay I'll answer you now that you got the Ellis joke.

It was obvious to me that he made no play on the ball whatsoever. He tried to prevent the layup by going for his head. Do I think he planned it as he was running down the floor? No, but he did intentionally go for his head.

And I know you are enjoying your sweeping generalizations, but I don't think any Mavs players are "thugs" per se. (Thugs are guys that get involved in gangster type activities, like Stephen Jackson.) But I think that was a dirty play, just I think him punching Finley in the balls was a dirty play.

I actually like almost all the Mavs. Dirk is one of my favorite players in the league. And he's one of the coolest players I've ever interviewed.

But I don't like JTerry or DHarris.

Good post. Sorry about the generalization. You've got my respect even tho you probably don't care, you got it.

LB7
11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call the Mavs a dirty team and I don't think Terry is dirty per se but he is not above dropping a cheap shot now and then...then again a lot of NBA players are the same way.
I totally agree. Some people were posting youtube videos and I saw so many players taking cheap shots that I wouldn't necessarily call "dirty" players. Sports are emotional and some players let it get the better of them. Heck, one of the girls on my college soccer team nearly laid a punch into a girl in a regional playoff game. She had never lost it before but this was a big game and the emotion got to her. I wouldn't call her dirty. Everyone loses it from time to time. I don't condone it but it will always happen when you put your all into something.

stretch
11-09-2006, 12:00 AM
agreed.

sabar
11-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Not a thug, but he is impulsive and acts without thinking. More of a character flaw. But it makes him seem above average in thuggishness.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 10:38 AM
So, do you consider Raja a thug? Since he clothelined the shit out of Kobe on purpose?
Of course he is. Where do you think he learned it?

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper540/stills/l6nn4kdj.jpg

stretch
11-09-2006, 01:09 PM

No actually they don't. The Mavs are the dirtiest team in the league.

He was suspended twice in Atlanta. Perfect fit to come to Dallas.

Just because it was five years before you started rooting for the team doesn't make it ancient history. There's a history of Mavericks in the Mark Cuban era of taking cheap shots and playing bush league basketball. Not my fault that you refuse to accept it.

omg, you're a fucking moron. im not even going to bother wasting my time debating with you, as you have proven to be more ignorant than anyone could have possibly imagined. have a nice day, dipshit.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
omg, you're a fucking moron. im not even going to bother wasting my time debating with you, as you have proven to be more ignorant than anyone could have possibly imagined. have a nice day, dipshit.
You are right. You shouldn't waste your time debating with me, because there's no argument to be made. Not one of you idiot Mavs fans has any defense for the arguments supporting the fact that you have a team of sore loser thugs. The worst part is that none of you has the class to separate yourselves from the repugnant shit your team and their owner do.

dirk4mvp
11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
You are right. You shouldn't waste your time debating with me, because there's no argument to be made. Not one of you idiot Mavs fans has any defense for the arguments supporting the fact that you have a team of sore loser thugs. The worst part is that none of you has the class to separate yourselves from the repugnant shit your team and their owner do.

And you haven't really made any good points as to why he's a 'thug' because of a flag. foul. But he's obviously the dirtiest player ever as you have tried to make seem.

stretch
11-09-2006, 05:44 PM
And you haven't really made any good points as to why he's a 'thug' because of a flag. foul. But he's obviously the dirtiest player ever as you have tried to make seem.
he's just a typical homer spurs fan. his ignorance and utter stupidity should not shock anyone, one bit.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2006, 08:01 PM

If it were a single flagrant foul he wouldn't even be the dirtiest player on his own team, but since it's a suspension, a flagrant 2, elbowing Steve Nash in the head and drawing a double tech with Tim Thomas in his last FIFTEEN games, it certainly makes the case that he's a thug. Considering that you think Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league, that makes you guys the ignorant homers, not me.

"It's the Western Conference finals, and guys are going to do whatever it takes,"
--Jason Terry, after elbowing Steve Nash in the temple

Seriously, you guys are so fucking weak it's scary. Having a debate about basketball with you is like clubbing baby seals.

Obstructed_View
11-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Did you guys like Terry going in for a layup leading with his knee and kicking the defender? We're almost ready to dub him "Baby Mailman". How about "Mailbaby"?

dirk4mvp
11-10-2006, 04:47 PM
No, I saw him take it to the hole strong and got his ass knocked out with no call at all, hurt for a minute, and kept on truckin'.

Notice your the only guy here still bitching about this. So you must be the only person that thinks he's a 'thug'.

Obstructed_View
11-10-2006, 05:00 PM
No, I saw him take it to the hole strong and got his ass knocked out with no call at all, hurt for a minute, and kept on truckin'.

Notice your the only guy here still bitching about this. So you must be the only person that thinks he's a 'thug'.
Hey, little miss "you haven't made any good points", I'm just adding to the huge pile of evidence.