PDA

View Full Version : healthy jazz....are they for real?

theroc5
11-06-2006, 11:31 PM
it is early in the season but jazz are now 4-0 and have beaten the rockets and pistons...have the jazz always been this good? or is it just to early and they have goten off to a lucky start.

Marklar MM
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
They always get off to a good start. And they always beat Detroit for some reason.

Pistons < Spurs
11-06-2006, 11:36 PM
They always get off to a good start. And they always beat Detroit for some reason.

So true....but at least we played better than last year against them.

G-Money
11-06-2006, 11:39 PM
that block at the end was a goal tend. This game should be in overtime.

td4mvp21
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
They started like 5-0 two seasons ago I think and look where that got them. They still have a lot to prove.

Obstructed_View
11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
that block at the end was a goal tend. This game should be in overtime.
You are such a ref-blaming pantywaist, perhaps you should become a Mavs fan.

freedom&justice
11-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Have you seen the game? It was a goaltend. Utah always plays us tough - we kept giving up leads against them last season, and we always fell apart at the end - not this time. I'm not putting all the blame on the refs, but they did influence the game. Lots of questionable calls - and if it were against the spurs you'd be questioning them too.

freedom&justice
11-07-2006, 12:10 AM
it is early in the season but jazz are now 4-0 and have beaten the rockets and pistons...have the jazz always been this good? or is it just to early and they have goten off to a lucky start.

I vote for lucky.

MrChug
11-07-2006, 12:38 PM
You are such a ref-blaming pantywaist, perhaps you should become a Mavs fan.

:lmao

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Have you seen the game? It was a goaltend. Utah always plays us tough - we kept giving up leads against them last season, and we always fell apart at the end - not this time. I'm not putting all the blame on the refs, but they did influence the game. Lots of questionable calls - and if it were against the spurs you'd be questioning them too.
Apparently nobody outside this forum agrees with you. The other Pistons fans I've seen are too busy blaming the officials for teeing up members of the Pistons' organization that are too stupid to keep their mouths shut and follow the rules.

MajorMike
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
The Jazz have been extremely unlucky with injuries the past couple seasons. Boozer was out almost half the year with hammy probs. AK47 had back spasm issues all year. Harpring had knee issues. McLeod broke his back. Giricek was broken down. Williams and a bad ankle sprain. The only healthy guy all year was Okur.

They didn't start the year well last year (began without Boozer) and were 6-9 in Nov, and twice during the year they were as many as 5 games under .500, before the furious ending they had. They got healthy and looked like they would make the playoffs, but had to go to SA and Dal 2 of the last 3 games on a back to back, and ended the season at .500.

Their situation was much like the Nuggets, who lost Nene opening night here to a torn ACL, Camby and Martin both missed 26 games each, Boykins missed 22 and Thuguardo missed 15. The Nuggets had more total games missed due to injury (237) than any other team except Houston - 274 and Charlotte - 257. Still, they finished 44-38 and made playoffs.

Both of these teams could win 50+ if they stay healthy.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd love to see Kirilenko make it all the way through a season healthy. He's fun to watch.

Bruno
11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
They were my sleeper pick before the season, they have a really nice team.