PDA

View Full Version : Yo Tim, wanna hit the boards?

Brutalis
11-07-2006, 12:31 AM
When do ya start rebounding better? Especially against good teams? Cause 8 tonight and a season average of less than 10 isn't gunna cut it bud. But a win is a win so whatever.

We still can't rebound, what's new?

Notorious H.O.P.
11-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Tim has got to settle down and start focusing on getting his hands on the ball instead of worrying about calls he didn't get. Elson and Oberto are not known as rebounders and the lack of rebounding cost us dearly last year so Tim is going to have to step up and rebound at a rate his historically levels indicate he should be at. We all know the PF cost him some of his mobility last year but last I heard from him, he was 100%.

In any case, there is plenty of time and I have faith. Let's get it done Tim.

dbreiden83080
11-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Tim has got to settle down and start focusing on getting his hands on the ball instead of worrying about calls he didn't get. Elson and Oberto are not known as rebounders and the lack of rebounding cost us dearly last year so Tim is going to have to step up and rebound at a rate his historically levels indicate he should be at. We all know the PF cost him some of his mobility last year but last I heard from him, he was 100%.

In any case, there is plenty of time and I have faith. Let's get it done Tim.

It is too early to even be going into this, 4 games is such a small sample size. If Timmy can bound 11 a game on one foot last year, i am sure he will be around 12 a game this year if he stays healthy.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2006, 01:06 AM
his in mvp form physically, but where is the 12rpg+ ???

tim duncan = role player :(:(

SenorSpur
11-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Funny you brought this up. I thought about it a lot since the CLE game.

Quite frankly, I've always been a bit envious as to how KG is still the beast on the boards that he's been over his career. I've always thought Tim was as comparable to KG in the rebounding department. However lately, Tim's board work has left a lot to be desired.

Tim should never get outrebounded by guys like Nowitzki, Brand, Gooden or Bosh. No offense to any of these fine players, but Tim is a better player than that.

If he gets upset at the officials, he should take it out on his opponents.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2006, 01:36 AM
wtf has tim duncan started to complain? i never seem to remember that in his early career.....star treatment? EMO!

solution to our rebounding problems = dennis rodman!! at dinosaur age i think his better than orberto....

Brutalis
11-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Senor you hit it right on the money. It just seems either he is not really focused or the ball is literally rolling the other way.

Maybe the fire is starting to go out?

Dre_7
11-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Duncan will be fine. It is early. I am totally confident that Timmy will be in MVP form soon.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Duncan will be fine. It is early. I am totally confident that Timmy will be in MVP form soon.
:tu

SenorSpur
11-07-2006, 04:29 AM
Senor you hit it right on the money. It just seems either he is not really focused or the ball is literally rolling the other way.

Maybe the fire is starting to go out?

God, I hope not. Sometimes it seems as though Tim has to get MAD in order to get real beastly. Like the other day against Toronto. He was going up, felt he got fouled with no call, ripped down his own offensive rebound, went up and got his shot blocked, grabbed it again and scored the basket while getting fouled again for an "and 1" situation. After which, he pumped his fist while strolling to the FT line. I love that occasional aggression.

Don't get me wrong, Duncan is and ALWAYS will be true, cerebral greatness. But just once in a while, I like seeing him display emotion. I think he rebounds better when he does.

polandprzem
11-07-2006, 07:03 AM
bench him !!!

next game timmay with 18 boards :sombrero:

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2006, 07:10 AM
probaly thinks this spurs team is like the suns system, where no one rebounds and first one up the court gets a basket

polandprzem
11-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Right now Tim is on 19th spot with such monsters like david Lee and nazr Mohammed while Tim gets 12.5 rebs per game those monsters getting over 19 boards. Also Kidd and James are better in that element right now.

And being at 40 spot for blocks with one a game? :dizzy

boutons_
11-07-2006, 07:46 AM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Rebounds.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

"non-jumpers" like Boozer and Kidd, walking wounded like Webber, and dumbfucks like KMart are out-rebounding Tim.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Rebounds.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

As Tim goes, so go the Spurs: Spurs are 20th in RB diff at -2.25.

If Webber can RB, Kidd, and Boozer can be great rebounders in spite of no jumping, there's hope for Oberto! :lol

Obstructed_View
11-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Tim sucks.

SenorSpur
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
So who is going to pick up the slack in rebounds and blocked shots? Oberto? I think not.

ShoogarBear
11-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Tim seems out of sync in a few areas, but the good news is that the quickness seems to be back.

It seems like he's spending a lot of time working on the spin moves. Hopefully once he's comfortable with that he'll work on the other things.

polandprzem
11-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Tim seems out of sync in a few areas, but the good news is that the quickness seems to be back.

It seems like he's spending a lot of time working on the spin moves. Hopefully once he's comfortable with that he'll work on the other things.

He seems he lost his timing and that is impossible. As I saw he doesn't know (sometimes) where to be during the play in defense.

But I think it's not gona last long. He will get into rythym it is only the begining of a season.

Bruno
11-07-2006, 02:55 PM
4 games isn't enough to draw conclusions.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
So, we all now know that Tim will finish the season averaging three boards a game and the Mavs will go 0-82.

Spurfans never cease to amaze.

BeerIsGood!
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
So, we all now know that Tim will finish the season averaging three boards a game and the Mavs will go 0-82.

Spurfans never cease to amaze.
:lol

3-1 start is pretty good with a completely overhauled lineup, and Tim is moving better than the last two years or so. I especially like that one post about him not showing fire - it's impossible to emotionally get up for every one of 82 games throughout the season. We've seen every year the fire he brings when the playoffs start, four games into the season is the time to get in a groove and reserve that energy for later.

td4mvp21
11-07-2006, 06:22 PM
I haven't even seen Duncan be agressive on the boards. That's kind of aggravating. But whatever, I'm still skeptical about him even though I've read these articles about how healthy he is and how he's gonna be dominant. Actions speak louder than words.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Spurfans are writing off Tim Duncan because he's averaging nine rebounds a game four games into the season.

Classic.

td4mvp21
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Spurfans are writing off Tim Duncan because he's averaging nine rebounds a game four games into the season.

Classic.

Not writing him off, just skeptical. Two years of injury does that.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Spurfans are skeptical of Tim Duncan because he's averaging nine rebounds a game four games into the season.

Classic.

SequSpur
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Duncan is not a rebounder.

That is why it was important for the spurs to get a rebounder not a fast nonshooting but a dunking center.

td4mvp21
11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Spurfans are skeptical of Tim Duncan because he's averaging nine rebounds a game four games into the season.

Classic.
Fuck you

thekingrobert
11-07-2006, 07:50 PM
i didnt know 9.3 rebs was bad especially since one game was a blowout, can't rebound if your team has nice leads and you're resting on the bench

TurkishTimDuncan
11-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I dont understand Why we discuss the duncan.? He is still best player Nba. He is playing for spurs. And we started 3-1 What is the problem
Only YOu think.For example Duncan go to another teams. Maybe we pass to regalur seosan but we cant win champions
Finally Parker say that
"You can win match without Duncan. But You cant win champions"

Brutalis
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM

Classic.

No what's classic is you. You always have some "I'm gunna come in here and own this thread with cocky mongolians" attitude.

This is a simple thread about a simple obvious fact of Timmy being soft through the first few games of the year. Not hard to understand even for you. :)

polandprzem
11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
When Evans will be activated?

:oops

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Are you the cocky mongolians or did I bring them with me?

td4mvp21
11-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Are you the cocky mongolians or did I bring them with me?

You brought them with you.

All I'm saying is I'm still skeptical about how he's gonna perform. Last year when he was having really off games everyone said "Oh, it's just a funk" and it turned out to be a nagging injury that caused him to perform bad. Until he's healthy mid to late season and being the old Duncan, I'm gonna be skeptical.

Brutalis
11-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Okay even in the first half the soft Duncan still shows in the Suns game.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 05:13 AM
Bump.