PDA

View Full Version : A good start, but...

101A
11-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Ultimately the Spurs have only beaten the crappy teams they've played.

The one real test? They lost.

We can't be satisfied feeding on historical bottom feeders like Dallas, New York and Toronto.

King
11-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Dallas is a year removed from being in the championship, with no real losses. Don't be fooled by the 0-3 record.

Texas_Ranger
11-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Dallas is not a good team. Yea right. :rolleyes

nkdlunch
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Dallas >>>> Cavs

Sometimes you play like shit, and sometimes it's against the Cavs. Even the Knicks would have beat us on Friday

coopdogg3
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Am I the only one who thinks 101A is joking? Think they're just taking a swipe at the Mavs.

Solid D
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
San Antonio has never started the season 3-0 on the road. They typically start out slow and finish the season strong. Parker nursing a sore ankle. 4 games in 5 days...I'll take 3-1 to start the season and be thrilled.

MajorMike
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Ya'll forget last year's 1st month, we got torn a new hole the 3rd game @ Dal, whooped in DC, and lost to the Bulls at home. 9 of our 19 losses were the 2nd game of a back-2-back. So far we are 1-1.

Call me crazy, but I don't think we should jump ship, just yet.

101A
11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Am I the only one who thinks 101A is joking? Think they're just taking a swipe at the Mavs.

:tu

YoMamaIsCallin
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I realize the top post in this thread is kind of a joke. But let me answer seriously.

My theory?

The Spurs are pretty good this year, so far. Parker and Barry, in particular, have really stepped up their games. And Duncan is owning his weak-defending opponents.

The Cavs just had a great game against the Spurs, in particular LeBron was completely stoked for the game. By contrast, the Spurs just could not get their offense in gear for the first two and a half quarters. Thus, a loss. It happens.

Solid D
11-07-2006, 09:56 AM
:tu

Does the :tu mean that coopdogg3 IS the only one who thinks 101A is joking?

mathbzh
11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Miami 1-2
Dallas 0-3
Phoenix 1-3

mmm...
I am happy with our 3-1.

MrChug
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM

We can't be satisfied feeding on historical bottom feeders like Dallas, New York and Toronto.

:rolleyes Who's "WE"?? This jackass isn't a fan, he's just the typical bandwaggoner who's trying to set up a reason to say "I told you so" if we don't win the next 79 games in a row. :bang

101A
11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes Who's "WE"?? This jackass isn't a fan, he's just the typical bandwaggoner who's trying to set up a reason to say "I told you so" if we don't win the next 79 games in a row. :bang

:lol @ "bandwagonner".

T Park
11-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Watching last night, it just seemed like something was off.

They were playing good at times, although, played horrible at others.

The team has potential I think, to get really really good.

Especially if Jackie gets in the flow of things.

mardigan
11-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I cant believe how confident Brent looks on the floor, he looks like a whole new player. His first couple of years here he didnt play up to expectations and almost got traded. I dont expect him to hit 5 three pointers a game, but if he can resemble the player he used to be, that will be a huge bonus for us that I dont think anyone really expected. Lets just hope he doesnt revert back to the last couple years

FromWayDowntown
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Watching last night, it just seemed like something was off.

They were playing good at times, although, played horrible at others.

The team has potential I think, to get really really good.

Especially if Jackie gets in the flow of things.

I'm not sure that this team being good depends in any way on Jackie Butler performing this year.

This team is going to be good as long as Duncan and Parker are healthy and on the floor. They'll be great if they get that and contributions all year long from Ginobili with something from a "hero of the night," like Barry has been in Toronto and NY and like Oberto was in Toronto and Elson was in Dallas. They'll be exceptional if they get all of that as well as steady play from whatever combination of players mans the center spot.

Absent injury, this team will win at least 55-57 games no matter what. With some luck, they'll win 60-65 games.

ducks
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD OF SPAM?

spurs are fine they usually start of slower

timvp
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM

:lol

Nice 1.

dmac
11-07-2006, 04:10 PM
HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD OF SPAM?

spurs are fine they usually start of slower#1 3-1 is not a bad start.
#2 4 games are not enough to make ANY kind of judgement of this season
#3 you will lose games, it happens to every NBA champion.
#4 It's freaking NOVEMBER!!!!!
#5 "Lighten up Frances"

Now go on about your business.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/downspin.gif

Dirk41MVP
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Stupid avery that's what he gets for sitting more than half our team during preseason to "rest". Now these games are like our preseason, we have no chemistry yet with the new guys and they don't know the system well yet... bad coaching move.

MrChug
11-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Stupid avery that's what he gets for sitting more than half our team during preseason to "rest". Now these games are like our preseason, we have no chemistry yet with the new guys and they don't know the system well yet... bad coaching move.

You think we REALLY buy that as your excuse? That's HILARIOUS! :lmao :lmao

Dirk41MVP
11-07-2006, 05:47 PM
lol I don't really give you a shit what you buy and what you don't buy. Terry, and dirk rested the entire preseaon until the last SA game, dampier and devin were "hurt" and didn't play either, stackhouse was resting his old knees. they never played together with the new guys, these first games are the first games they've played together, so you can believe what you want to believe. The facts are there, we don't look as a team yet.

And it's really not an excuse, it's a reason. (doubt you know that word though)

Drachen
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Reason is a synonym for excuse, especially when said by the person giving it. But seriously I dont think these games are indicative of the Mavs season.... We are just having (a lot) of fun at the expense of our new Lakers.

Y'all just need to take a page from D-Wade's book "fall down 6 times get up 7." (even though I dont know how you can get up 7 times from 6 falls).

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't think we should jump ship, just yet.

agreed...nor should we, to quote Mouse, "gas up the river boats"

Wayyyy too early in the season to determine anything.