PDA

View Full Version : Deaths in U.S.A. (Should we pull out)

xrayzebra
11-07-2006, 09:16 AM
A little article I think some on this board should read. Especially
SA210.

US 'suburbs more violent than Iraq'

By Jonathon Moran

November 07, 2006 02:32pm
Article from: AAP

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

MORE fighting goes on in parts of suburban US than Iraq, according to Australian filmmaker George Gittoes who has just finished a documentary set in a Miami "war zone".

Gittoes' latest feature, Rampage, contrasts life for a family living in the blue-collar community of Brown Sub, Miami, with ongoing fighting in Iraq.

"It is much worse in Miami than it is in Baghdad," Gittoes said in Sydney today.

"There is a sense of people with guns, drug dealers lairing at you ... and being there, I knew I was in a war zone."

Rampage is the second in Gittoes trilogy of documentaries based on the war in Iraq.

It follows the success of 2004s Soundtrack to War, which depicted American soldiers and their music in Iraq.

The film will be released in cinemas around the world and Gittoes is expecting plenty of controversy.

"Even left-wing Americans ... don't want to recognise the mess they've got in their own backyard," he said.

Gittoes has spent much of his career travelling the world, painting, filming and photographing wars in places such as Rwanda, Afghanistan, and East Timor.

"To me, this was just another war zone and it was in America," he said.

Gittoes said there were similar stories to Rampage in Australia's indigenous communities, although he said the task of translating that on the big screen would be difficult.

"The film that I'd like to make in Australia I couldn't make," he said.

"All of our politically correct laws and things wouldn't let someone like me make a film like this in an Aboriginal community in Australia."

The final film in the trilogy, Fearless, and will examine the impact of the Iraq war on the American soldiers who have fought there.

"It is about the difficulty of exit and how much the soldiers have changed and become hardened warriors and how much the people they're fighting have changed as well," he said.

Rampage opens nationally on November 30.

Maybe SA210 should set up patrols in some of the hoods.

MannyIsGod
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
You're a complete fucking idiot.

xrayzebra
11-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Ah Manny, you don't mean that, you may hurt my feelings if you aren't careful.

Ocotillo
11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
No lie. As I was driving this morning and that IED took out the SUV in front of me, I just about soiled myself thinking that could have been me.

When I got to the gym, I thought I saw some guy laying near a ditch so I walked over to see if he was ok and to my horror he had been decapitated and there were four more bodies in the ditch bound and showing signs of torture.

I thought to myself, just another day in the hell otherwise known as San Antonio. Damn that Bush.

Medvedenko
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Man this is absolutely the most ignorant original post I've seen in a while. I'm sure it's not rosie living in a neighborhood with drug dealers and gun running, but I ask you this xray....if it's so bad in the US suburbs why the hell is your military fighting in Iraq when there is a "warzone" on your own soil.....good point buddy.

SA210
11-07-2006, 02:25 PM
:lol @ typical xray thread.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2006, 02:27 PM
When do we invade Bulverde?

clambake
11-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Don't worry about it Xray. West coast rappers will handle it.

xrayzebra
11-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Why worry SA210, the dimm-o-craps are going to take care of everything, like they
did for 40 years. They solved the homeless problem. They solved the poverty problem and every child had health care.
And Bill Clinton solved the problem of the military. He got rid of it. And left the
queers in charge. Oh, I forgot, oral sex is not sex.

And you know how safe it is on the South and West side. Just ask the folks who
dig holes in their homes to sleep in at night, because of the drive-byes.

Yeah, lets invade Bulverde. No one will shoot at you there. Want to try the
South side. Say around I-10 and WW White road.

Just pointing out the stupidity of your comments about how bad things are in
Iraq. Yeah, people die there everyday, you want me to post the stats each
morning on just a few of the incidents on the South/West sides. Or even
the North side where an off-duty copy is killed in a upscale hood. And the
councilwoman gets a guy fired for telling her she sucks. Literally.

Marklar MM
11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Why have our troops get killed in another countries civil war when they could just stay home and fight gangbangers?

Yonivore
11-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Why have our troops get killed in another countries civil war when they could just stay home and fight gangbangers?
Posse Comitatus.

Marklar MM
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Posse Comitatus.

They are definitely preserving the peace. The only thing that they are preventing is an invasion by Iran or someone else.

turambar85
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I am confused. Was this thread meant to be a joke? Is X-ray developing a sense of humor?

I hope to God so.

If not, do you really believe that Miami is more violent than Iraq? How many murders are in Iraq per month compared to Miami? How many times does a person in Miami walk down the street and get shot? How many Miami homes are broken into by armed gunmen in the middle of the night? How many explosions rock down-town Miami?

I fail to see the correlation.

Sorry.

xrayzebra
11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I am confused. Was this thread meant to be a joke? Is X-ray developing a sense of humor?

I hope to God so.

If not, do you really believe that Miami is more violent than Iraq? How many murders are in Iraq per month compared to Miami? How many times does a person in Miami walk down the street and get shot? How many Miami homes are broken into by armed gunmen in the middle of the night? How many explosions rock down-town Miami?

I fail to see the correlation.

Sorry.

Don't confuse irony with humor. Yeah, I have a sense of humor, but when
it comes to this country's security, I have very little.

What is happening to this country today is not new. It is a re-run of
times past. It is sad then and doubly sad now, because of the stupidity
of the same crowd. Shows their intelligence.

Oh, Gee!!
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Xray, did you forget to take your brain medicine again?

ChumpDumper
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Miami is on the brink of civil war. I saw a color chart.

johnsmith
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM

Have you been to Miami lately? I was there last week, they have about 15 nationalities there and they are all stupid...........including the white folk........don't want to come off racist here.

PixelPusher
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Posse Comitatus.
Unless Emperor George unilaterally defines all gangbangers as terrorists.

j-6
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM

No worries. Officer Shaq will set things straight.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/695/695805/shaq-steel1_1142383141.jpg

johnsmith
11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
No worries. Officer Shaq will set things straight.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/695/695805/shaq-steel1_1142383141.jpg

As long as he has the correct address written on his hand he will.

11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Off-topic, but why is that girl in a tub full of Cheetos?

j-6
11-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Off-topic, but why is that girl in a tub full of Cheetos?

Comfort. Airblown corn puffs don't have the sharp edges that regular corn chips and potato chips have.

11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Comfort. Airblown corn puffs don't have the sharp edges that regular corn chips and potato chips have.

You get that nugget of an idea from the resident Frito hauler?

Zunni
11-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I think your dad should have pulled out, Ray.

Guru of Nothing
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
So, is this a teal colored threat condition? ... or dayglo something or another?

AFE7FATMAN
11-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Posse Comitatus.

Posse Comitatus, didn't stop Wes Clark, Janet Reno or Bill Clinton
at WACO. :toast