PDA

View Full Version : "Tim Duncan is a great player. Playing against him is a privilege"

The_Game
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
nice quote from Amare

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...sstarters.html

Amare will start for the Suns on wed.

AMAREownsALL
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
:king

Dirk41MVP
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
I thought that was by Renaldo Balkman after that nasty block on TD...

MrChug
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM

Spoken like a true fan of a team who hasn't won a game. :clap

FromWayDowntown
11-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Tim Duncan is a great player. Watching him play against anyone is a privilege.

Summers
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
nice quote from Amare

To get back on track, yes, that's a very nice thing for him to say. :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I think everyone in the league respects Mr. Duncan. He has all the hardware and none of the attitude. A nice guy who'll never be called 'soft'.

LilMissSPURfect
11-07-2006, 09:36 PM
watching the dude perform is a privilege

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

td4mvp21
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
That was very classy, Amare is great to watch too (unless he's torching you in the conference finals).

samikeyp
11-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Good for Amare...nice to see sportsmanship isn't completely dead.

kris
11-08-2006, 02:51 AM
I think it was a privilege for Tim to watch Amare dunk all over him before Amare's career got cut short.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Kris has turned into the biggest Duncan hater on the board. :lol

T Park
11-08-2006, 03:09 AM
I think it was a privilege for Tim to watch Amare dunk all over him before Amare's career got cut short.

How do you think Amare's knees got that way?

The low post moves from Duncan and trying to defend em.....

kris
11-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Kris has turned into the biggest Duncan hater on the board. :lol

If Tim Duncan ever starts playing like a man again, I'll let everyone know. Until then, I'm not getting fooled by him getting 25 points by ramming defenders into fouls and getting some ugly right hand hooks.

He's not even half the player he used to be.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2006, 03:19 AM
If Tim Duncan ever starts playing like a man again, I'll let everyone know. Until then, I'm not getting fooled by him getting 25 points by ramming defenders into fouls and getting some ugly right hand hooks.

This thread reminds me of the time you compared Manny and me to David and TD.

kris
11-08-2006, 03:26 AM
This thread reminds me of the time you compared Manny and me to David and TD.

I think what makes me most mad about TD is how much I used to like him. One of the gifts I was the most excited about was in 98 when my mom got me an early birthday present of a Duncan replica. I loved that jersey because Duncan played so good and was by far the coolest player in the NBA because of it. I wore that thing all the time. Then, over time and a few Laker embarrassments he morphed into this stussie that played like he was 6'7'' and relied on getting fouled so he could make 1 of 2 free throws. I think he had the most flat out talent of anyone to ever play the game and he wasted it. In present day, Tony Parker and Manu run the show while 15 times a game he'll post up and then wait for a double team to pass. If he's forced to go one on one 8 times out of 10 he bangs a defender into the lane and throws up some BS hook.

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2006, 03:44 AM
i will still never forgive amare for doin pushups on the court against the spurs in 05

lefty
11-08-2006, 04:21 AM

Timmy is just a smart player ; he doesn't need to score 54 pts with spectacular jump shots ; he makes the right plays at the right time ; plus, he makes his teammates better ; and Bill Russell barely averaged 20 pts/game, mostly on putbacks or wide open dunks.

He is just saving some energy for the playoffs ; he is still a great player; remember how he toyed with Dallas big men during the 2006 playoffs, playing on one leg?

Louie Vega
11-08-2006, 04:29 AM

Some teams have class and have classy players and some teams don't.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM

let's see... dunk highlight on ESPN vs. winning in the playoffs... hmmm... tough choice... I'LL GO WITH THE DUNK HIGHLIGHTS! YEAH!!!!!

Jimcs50
11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
"Tell you what, Tim Duncan is a great player," Stoudemire said Tuesday with a bemused smile. "Playing against him my first game starting is a privilege, but he can not do 10 pushups after a dunk, like I can."

fixed.

kris
11-08-2006, 11:56 AM
let's see... dunk highlight on ESPN vs. winning in the playoffs... hmmm... tough choice... I'LL GO WITH THE DUNK HIGHLIGHTS! YEAH!!!!!

When did I ask what you would rather have?

Summers
11-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I think what makes me most mad about TD is how much I used to like him. One of the gifts I was the most excited about was in 98 when my mom got me an early birthday present of a Duncan replica. I loved that jersey because Duncan played so good and was by far the coolest player in the NBA because of it. I wore that thing all the time. Then, over time and a few Laker embarrassments he morphed into this stussie that played like he was 6'7'' and relied on getting fouled so he could make 1 of 2 free throws. I think he had the most flat out talent of anyone to ever play the game and he wasted it. In present day, Tony Parker and Manu run the show while 15 times a game he'll post up and then wait for a double team to pass. If he's forced to go one on one 8 times out of 10 he bangs a defender into the lane and throws up some BS hook.

Oh my God!! TD's not 22 anymore!! :dramaquee

themvp
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
"Tell you what, Tim Duncan is a great player," Stoudemire said Tuesday with a bemused smile. "Playing against him my first game starting is a privilege, but he can not do 10 pushups after a dunk, like I can."

fixed.

I smell bullshit
:madrun

dmac
11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Spoken like a true fan of a team who hasn't won a game. :clap
Does Dallas have a team anymore?

kris
11-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh my God!! TD's not 22 anymore!! :dramaquee

Uhm you don't usually lose your post game as you get older.

T Park
11-08-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't think hes lost it.

Evidenced by the Raptors game.

Hes looked good tonight spinning and moving well on Amare.

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2006, 12:20 AM
after tonites performces his avg so 20.2ppg 10rpg 4.2apg

didnt check his blocks but i dont even think there are anywhere near 1.5bpg

FuzzyLumpkins
11-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Uhm you don't usually lose your post game as you get older.

Yeah tell that to Olajuwon. You have to be quick and precise down there to have success and age robs those qualities.

You should go back to the whole haughty act it was getting you more mileage than this feeble attempt at logic.

kris
11-09-2006, 03:02 AM
Yeah tell that to Olajuwon. You have to be quick and precise down there to have success and age robs those qualities.

You should go back to the whole haughty act it was getting you more mileage than this feeble attempt at logic.

Haughty act?

Olajuwon's game broke down because he was past his prime. Duncan is still "in his prime." Someone wrote he wasn't 22 anymore meaning he wasn't able to make the same moves that I say he doesn't. I'm saying he's 30 and still can.

Is that better Socrates?