PDA

View Full Version : Pop Show Today at 4:30pm

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Listen Live

http://ticket760.com/main.html

Streakyshooter08
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Cool. I am looking forward to hear something from Pop again. I won't be able to hear it live but I hope it will be available on woai.com tomorrow as well.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Bump

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
He saying that Fabricio is one of the most solid guys on the team and though he's not pretty, he's one of the most of productive players they have.

He said that Elson is catching on very quickly and he's been very very pleased with him.

Jackie is young and he's a buying into what they want. He has to get into shape and learn what they want from him. He's saying he's like Stephen Jackson was and has to wait his time and learn.

SAtown
11-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Spurs Boot Camp!

Anyways, I'm anxious to see how he's going to use Tony as a 3-pt threat (next year).

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Don Harris brought up that Tony hasn't been a clutch perfomer late in important games in the past. Pop basically refuted that by saying that was because Pop didn't go to him late in games (moreso going to Tim/Manu) but now that he has an outside shot, he's even a greater weapon for those type of situations.

Pop also talked briefly about his relationship with Tony and Tim because they've been with the organization since they were very young.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 05:57 PM
He's talking about how the players take the playoff losses harder than the fans do because it's their lives. (Vex was saying the fans take the losses harder and the players get over it).

He's now answering a fans question about whether they regret trading Barbosa after drafting him. Pop says that they were trying to clear room at that time, but that people always think about who they should've drafted etc.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 05:59 PM
He's talking about when they had Raja Bell in camp and they really loved him but they drafted Dial and since he was their draft pick had to see what he could bring.

They mentioned James White but only briefly in reference to Indy really loving him and just not having room to keep him.

Okay, show is over.

SenorSpur
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Kori,

As always and on behalf of for those who missed the show, thanks for your summation.

RC's Boss
11-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Will it be posted on WOAI tomorrow?

usckk
11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
yeah! Thanks Kori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
It should be on Ticket760.com later today or tomorrow. I'll post the link here if/when they upload it.

You're welcome.

Fabbs
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
He saying that Fabricio is one of the most solid guys on the team and though he's not pretty, he's one of the most of productive players they have. define "productive".

He said that Elson is catching on very quickly and he's been very very pleased with him. His height and jumping ability did not bother Pop? Super.

Jackie is young and he's a buying into what they want. He has to get into shape and learn what they want from him. He's saying he's like Stephen Jackson was and has to wait his time and learn
Since SJackson never did buy into the "Dump it Into Tim Stand n Veg Offense" but rather bailed our butts vs New Jersey in the finals, I'm hoping Jackie can learn like Jackson.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
define "productive".
Right now, shooting almost 80% from the floor and grabbing six boards in less than 20 mpg.

Fabbs
11-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Right now, shooting almost 80% from the floor and grabbing six boards in less than 20 mpg.

If Fabbs is anywhere near those stats* for the playoffs I will shine your and LJs shoes for a year.

Lets establish some minumums, none of this 4 for 5 layup putbacks in a 6 game series to go *80%* from the floor.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Why do we need to make a wager for the year? He's currently the most productive -- that's all Pop said and it has been defined for you quite clearly.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 07:04 PM
If Fabbs is anywhere near those stats* for the playoffs I will shine your and LJs shoes for a year.

Lets establish some minumums, none of this 4 for 5 layup putbacks in a 6 game series to go *80%* from the floor.

:lol

No one thinks he'll shoot 80% from the floor.

You asked the definition of productive and that's what he's doing right now.

He will however get about 5-6 rebounds for every 20 minutes played.

FromWayDowntown
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM

What's the point of doing that? Pop could define productive in all sorts of ways. There's no doubt that he completely understands that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili have to be the most statistically productive players on this squad for it to compete for a title. He also undoubtedly knows that the role players like Oberto and Elson can't conceivably compete with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili in terms of statistical production.

The question, it seems to me, is whether those role players are more or less productive than Pop thinks they should be -- and to this point, I'm not sure how anyone can argue with a straight face that Oberto hasn't been productive according to that standard.

As productive (in sheer numbers) as Duncan or Parker? Of course not.

But productive to a level that Pop deems satisfactory? Absolutely.

whottt
11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
He's now answering a fans question about whether they regret trading Barbosa after drafting him. Pop says that they were trying to clear room at that time, but that people always think about who they should've drafted etc.

Because some of us knew the "kidds" they were interested in weren't going to come anyway...some of us knew all that was going to happen there was a pissed off Parker.

Some of us raised hell at the time, and some of us bitched, in the chat room the very night all this occurred,

about passing on Greek Baby Shaq, because if you have a chance to draft a guy called Greek Baby Shaq, you do it, no questions asked...

and some of us bitched about trading the pick...IOW, some of us had foresight.

Didn't we also pass on Josh Howard in that draft?

whottt
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Why do we need to make a wager for the year? He's currently the most productive -- that's all Pop said and it has been defined for you quite clearly.

Don't worry Chump...no one forcing you to get off your nice cozy FENCE, where you always have a nice beautiful HEDGE in sight.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
about passing on Greek Baby Shaq, because if you have a chance to draft a guy called Greek Baby Shaq, you do it, no questions asked...

You mean snovalov splaovvavkus?

Zunni
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
He said that Elson is catching on very quickly and he's been very very pleased with him.

His height and jumping ability did not bother Pop? Super.
WTF are you talking about? Elson can jump out of the fucking building, and watching the games and huddles, he's taller than Tim.

Solid D
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
In football, a running back is productive in more ways than individual stats and personal touchdowns (Points). He is also productive when he:
1)gains good yardage per carry
2) picks up the blitzing LB on a touchdown pass
3) stays in bounds when the team needs the clock to run

In basketball, productivity is a similar concept. When the player sets screens and rolls in such a manner as to keep a defender from catching up with his man and a basket results...that is being productive. If a player seals his man so that a weaving PG has a clear path for an uncontested layup, that is being productive. If a player anticipates a baseline drive and helps weakside, forcing an extra pass that runs the shot clock down before a good shot can be taken, that is being productive. If a player tips a loose ball back out to his PG on a rebound, that cannot be caught in traffic, to keep the trip alive...that is being productive.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
You can listen to the audio here:

http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

T Park
11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Since SJackson never did buy into the "Dump it Into Tim Stand n Veg Offense" but rather bailed our butts vs New Jersey in the finals, I'm hoping Jackie can learn like Jackson

Who kicked those passed out to Jack to make em?

Oh yeah, the 4 down offense in the 4th did.

Moving along....

I H8 Mavs Fans
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
When's the AJ show, oh wait he don't care about his fans

Fabbs
11-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Who kicked those passed out to Jack to make em?

Oh yeah, the 4 down offense in the 4th did.

Created a lot of his own shots off his dribble, certainly not off of 4 Dumb.

Slomo
11-08-2006, 07:24 AM
If Fabbs is anywhere near those stats* for the playoffs I will shine your and LJs shoes for a year.http://www.mailbling.com/snow002.jpg

polandprzem
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
can't download the A part :cuss:

ChumpDumper
11-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Created a lot of his own shots off his dribble, certainly not off of 4 Dumb.You really need to watch that DVD again.

Fabbs
11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
You really need to watch that DVD again.
Sure. Lets watch it together.

Budkin
11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
can't download the A part :cuss:

Yeah I have itunes set to get the podcast from ticket760.com and this always happens to me with the pop show. I don't think they set up the podcasts right or something.

Kori Ellis
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah I have itunes set to get the podcast from ticket760.com and this always happens to me with the pop show. I don't think they set up the podcasts right or something.

Let me see if I can get the raw link to the audio.

Milo
11-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Part A (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANANTONIO-TX/KTKR-AM/Pop%2011-07-06%20A.mp3)
Part B (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANANTONIO-TX/KTKR-AM/Pop%2011-07-06%20B.mp3)

You can find that inside the XML podcast file at http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Kori Ellis
11-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Part A (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANANTONIO-TX/KTKR-AM/Pop%2011-07-06%20A.mp3)
Part B (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANANTONIO-TX/KTKR-AM/Pop%2011-07-06%20B.mp3)

You can find that inside the XML podcast file at http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Thanks, those are the links I was just going to post.

alamo50
11-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the A part link!

If y'all listened in closely we can expect a big game from Elson tonight vs. Phoenix.

FromWayDowntown
11-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the A part link!

If y'all listened in closely we can expect a big game from Elson tonight vs. Phoenix.

or the relatively unproductive Oberto.

Bruno
11-16-2006, 08:06 PM
http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

A new Pop show is available.