PDA

View Full Version : Modest Mouse - Johnny Marr

PakiDan
11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
I just bought a ticket to go see Modest Mouse (who now features the guitarist from the greatest band ever THE SMITHS, Johnny Marr) in concert in Anaheim. They are only playing in Anaheim, Miami and NYC. The Concert is on Thursday. I just saw Angels and Airwaves at the Hard Rock in Vegas. AWESOME SHOW. Sorry, just felt like sharing.

Melmart1
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
I am supremely jealous. I LOVE the Smiths. I went all the way to Chicago once to see Morrissey and the bastard left the stage after like three songs, no explanation, no refunds. I bought tix to go see him in Austin sometime last year and he cancelled but at least we got refunds this time.

I liked Marr's band Electronic, they were pretty good though not even close to the Smiths. Enjoy yourself!

ashbeeigh
11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
That sounds awesome. You'll have to give us a full concert report afterwards.

PakiDan
11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
I am supremely jealous. I LOVE the Smiths. I went all the way to Chicago once to see Morrissey and the bastard left the stage after like three songs, no explanation, no refunds. I bought tix to go see him in Austin sometime last year and he cancelled but at least we got refunds this time.

I liked Marr's band Electronic, they were pretty good though not even close to the Smiths. Enjoy yourself!

I saw Morrissey in Vegas at the HOB. It was beautiful. Once I see Marr, I can die happy.

PakiDan
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
That sounds awesome. You'll have to give us a full concert report afterwards.

I sure will! For those who like good music... Be sure and Check out Angels and Airwaves if they are in your area. They are Blink 182 All Grown Up. Great music and songs with meaning. They put on a great show!

T Park
11-07-2006, 10:37 PM
They are Blink 182 All Grown Up.

Is it all three guys, who is missing from them?

I used to like Blink and have always Been Bummed aBout their seperation.

PakiDan
11-07-2006, 10:56 PM
It's Tom and the Bassist he played with in Boxcar. Travis Barker and the other guy formed a band called +44. Tom was the main songwriter. He's definately moved away from So-Cal pop/punk. His new stuff is alot deeper and more melodic. Put on a great show. Talked alot about each song and the meaning behind them.

katyon6th
11-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow, that's awesome. I got to see Modest Mouse sans Marr a couple years ago at ACL and that just makes me jealous.

atxrocker
11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
on/off topic, i saw fucking punk ass blink 182 play in san antonio a couple of years ago and i can't say how fucking dissapointed i was in that show. how god awful. i went for free and felt jipped. fucking smucks.

modest mouse, uh... no ugly casanova but i'd go if i won tickets or something. they played in austin a year or two back and a friend gave it a horrible review, though in fairness it was mostly due to the college punks who ruined the show and cheapened the experience for him. but whatever.

spurs_2108
02-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Well the new cd "We Were Dead Before The Shit Even Sank" leaked Thursday. So far it has been downloaded 7,400 times. That pretty impressive for just 1 day or so. I still can't wait for it to come out March 20th.