PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Staples Center?

T Park
11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Why does it seem the crowd is in total darkness?

Is that just a camera thing, or, is it some thing the Lakers are doing this year?

dirk4mvp
11-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I noticed that opening night when they played the Suns.

idk what's goin on

TheSanityAnnex
11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
It's a Laker thing.

They aren't doing it with Clipper games. I think its kinda cool, and I hate the Lakers. I think they are trying to replicate what the Great Western Forum used to look like.

Shank
11-08-2006, 12:19 AM
On one of the first game last week, I heard they were trying a new way to light the place. It looks weird on TV, but I guess it's not as bad in person.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 12:53 AM
It's probably so the movie stars can drink their beers and pick their noses without everyone being able to see it on HDTV.

Chris Childs
11-08-2006, 05:29 AM
The Staples Center is like that because of Kobe's evil presence! Believe me, Being a bitch and raping white girls isn't going to get you in heaven.

2Cleva
11-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Someone hold Chris Childs. Maybe it really is Chris....

Yes, the Lakers are putting a focus on the floor instead of the fans. It creates more of a theatre atmosphere as well as we're saved from them panning the crowd for five minutes to see who's there (damn, I hate that about Lakers basketball). So far, the crowd shots have been at an absolute minimum.

Sportcamper
11-08-2006, 10:21 AM
T- Park...Many fans felt that the lights are too bright...Particularly on the courtside seats...The lighting should be on the game.....Not the spectators...

I have not been to Staples this year but I have heard nothing but positive feedback...”Jack” will probably still wear his sunglasses...

nkdlunch
11-08-2006, 10:38 AM
They are cheaters. THey brighten up the lights when Lakers are attacking and dim the lights when opponents attack. Why do you think they are 4-1???

2Cleva
11-08-2006, 11:30 AM
I have not been to Staples this year but I have heard nothing but positive feedback...”Jack” will probably still wear his sunglasses...

He was loc'ed out last night. :hat

bigdog
11-08-2006, 03:24 PM
on tv they said that staples center got a new lighting system similar to the one at madison square garden. more lighting on the court,less on the fans

TheSanityAnnex
11-08-2006, 03:29 PM
on tv they said that staples center got a new lighting system similar to the one at madison square garden. more lighting on the court,less on the fans
They aren't doing this for Clipper games though, strange.

Medvedenko
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
It's lights out baby...keeping the attention on the product, not the fans. Plus, it's better for the players as well.