PDA

View Full Version : Kobe no spring chicken

kris
11-08-2006, 02:48 AM
I was watching Kobe in the Minnesota game tonight and I noticed he really wasn't getting off the floor on his jumper. I know he just had knee surgery, but it seems to me that he's lost a lot of bounce in his step. He looked very sharp basketball sense wise with passes and floor movement, but I think the days of athletic Kobe are long gone. He bulked up a little bit, which I'm sure helps with the pounding, but I think he plays better lighter.

I thought the same thing (losing spring) about Vince when I saw him on a highlight reel.

Did anyone else notice?

Fillmoe
11-08-2006, 03:00 AM
another player is tmac.... i was watching him and he has no burst or hops anymore

kris
11-08-2006, 03:17 AM
another player is tmac.... i was watching him and he has no burst or hops anymore

I agree completely.

Those 3 guys aren't nearly as exciting and they have a harder time scoring I think.

Chris Childs
11-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Kobe got worned down raping white hoes!

1Parker1
11-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Ehhh, I think Kobe's lack of springness has more to do with the fact that he hasn't played any sort of basketball since the playoffs last season, so I'm sure he's a little tentative to play after that surgery. This was only his second game back.

As for VC, same thing, I really haven't noticed much of a lack of explosiveness for him. He still has that spring when he's dunking, that's for sure. :lol

I haven't really seen any Rocket's games except a few highlights, but it seems that T-Mac is relying on his jumper a lot instead of taking it to the hoop.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I know he just had knee surgery...

:rolleyes

kris
11-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Yep, they are all jumping as high as ever. No drop off.

To the guy who used the rolleyes, he wasn't jumping last season either.

Medvedenko
11-08-2006, 11:57 AM
He does look very rusty...he'll get his timing back soon enough. He hasn't really played in 7 months, so it's going to be a process. He's playing heavy minutes though to get his conditioning back.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM
To the guy who used the rolleyes, he wasn't jumping last season either.
That's not what your original post said. Don't you read what you type, or are the rest of us supposed to just read your mind? He's coming off knee surgery; should he be dunking from the free throw line three games back?

Sportcamper
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree with a lot of what Kris posted...Kobe entered the NBA in 1996...He has a lot of mileage on him....He may look small standing next to Shaq but he is a large, muscular, athlete...Over 6’ 6” 230 lbs...His knees have taken quite a pounding over the years...I don’t think it is unfair to say he is not as quick or lost a step....