PDA

View Full Version : Xray,Vashner,AHF,JockHam,Yoni,Gtown,TPork

Dimm-O-Crap
11-08-2006, 03:02 AM
And all the other Bush knob-suckers...

It is now,

DIMM-O-CRAP nation!

:donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey

:lmao

AFE7FATMAN
11-08-2006, 06:42 AM
DOn't get so excited Independant voters across the country held their noses and voted Democratic, the lesser of two evils.

boutons_
11-08-2006, 07:35 AM
"held their noses"

.... because the stench of Repugs was overwhelming.

Mr. Peabody
11-08-2006, 08:36 AM
"held their noses"

.... because the stench of Repugs was overwhelming.
:lol

xrayzebra
11-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Your still dimm-o-craps. Your sign isn't a donkey for nothing.

Melmart1
11-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I have not seen Vashner in a long time. I hope he's OK. I miss him finding a way to turn every thread into a way to tell us about his guns.

IceColdBrewski
11-08-2006, 10:50 AM
DOn't get so excited Independant voters across the country held their noses and voted Democratic, the lesser of two evils.

Not only did I have to hold my nose, but I also felt the need to take a long shower afterwards. Not that it matters. I would have felt dirty with either choice. It's not like there's a difference. They're all liars and money-hungry cheats. People who think there's a meaningful difference between Democrats and Republicans will always puzzle me.

The Dems have one chance to prove they can do something constructive. My vote was towards finishing up the Iraq war, and to end the one party power. The minute the Democrats start wasting time with any kind of Repuplican head-hunting, is the minute they lose a ton of votes for the next election. Mine included. And they sure as hell better not fall back on their old habits of cutting defense spending. I'll probably never vote Democrat again if that happens.

You've got one chance Dems. Better not fuck it up.

SA210
11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I have not seen Vashner in a long time. I hope he's OK. I miss him finding a way to turn every thread into a way to tell us about his guns.

Where is that internet tough guy?

:dizzy

NASCARdad
11-08-2006, 12:00 PM
This election was just a protest and after two years of democrat investigations the American people will realize they were duped and come back to the GOP in record numbers. You can count on it. Nancy Pelosi will see to that.

AFE7FATMAN
11-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Not only did I have to hold my nose, but I also felt the need to take a long shower afterwards. Not that it matters. I would have felt dirty with either choice. It's not like there's a difference. They're all liars and money-hungry cheats. People who think there's a meaningful difference between Democrats and Republicans will always puzzle me.

The Dems have one chance to prove they can do something constructive. My vote was towards finishing up the Iraq war, and to end the one party power. The minute the Democrats start wasting time with any kind of Repuplican head-hunting, is the minute they lose a ton of votes for the next election. Mine included. And they sure as hell better not fall back on their old habits of cutting defense spending. I'll probably never vote Democrat again if that happens.

:clap :clap :clap
They will :toast

Mr. Peabody
11-09-2006, 08:38 AM
:clap :clap :clap
They will :toast

Yeah, because the Republicans did such a stellar job when they had Congress.

They did so well that a lot of them are now unemployed.

G.Q.
11-09-2006, 08:42 AM
The republicans need to get some style to win back control. Santorum lost on his bad hair alone.

xrayzebra
11-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, because the Republicans did such a stellar job when they had Congress.

They did so well that a lot of them are now unemployed.

The Republicans starting acting like the dimm-o-craps and
forgot that the conservatives put them in office.

If and when they get the balls to act and govern like
conservatives, then they will regain power. Not until.

The. Conservatives, will stay away from the polls and let
the dimm-o-craps continue to buy their way to elected office
with taxpayer dollars, like they have done for years.

A small sentence in a newspaper article this morning caught
my eye. The dimm-o-craps are going to cut back on
military spending. Doesn't that just warm you heart?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
A small sentence in a newspaper article this morning caught
my eye. The dimm-o-craps are going to cut back on
military spending. Doesn't that just warm you heart?

Damn them to hell for maybe re-organizing spending and curbing rampant money flow! Damn them!

10 priorities for the Democrats

The Democratic Party's control of the House, and possibly the Senate, has broad implications for consumers and business. Here's a look at some of what you can expect:

DRUG PRICES

Democrats want to push drug prices down. They want to allow the government to negotiate directly with drug companies to buy medicines for Medicare, and they want to cut payments to insurers that manage certain kinds of government health plans. This equals price controls to critics, and shares of managed-healthcare and pharmaceutical companies dropped Wednesday.

DEFENSE SPENDING

With many political analysts viewing the Democrats' victory as evidence of waning support for the Iraq war, some investors are bracing for a slowdown in military spending. Democrats want to better equip soldiers. And some on Wall Street say large programs such as Fort Worth-made fighter jets, already vulnerable, could be at greater risk if Dems shift priorities. Defense contractors expected greater scrutiny, no matter which party prevailed Tuesday. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., would be chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee if the GOP had won the Senate.

BIOTECH

The stem-cell sector welcomes Democratic control. Shares of these companies gained after Missouri voters narrowly approved a referendum guaranteeing that federally approved stem-cell research and treatment will be available in the state. Claire McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat who supports research, won election to the Senate.

HOMELAND SECURITY

Democrats want to inspect more cargo containers at ports, which could boost companies in the security business.

STUDENT LOAN INTEREST

Pelosi wants to cut student loan interest rates in half. Republicans say this would cost the government tens of billions of dollars in extra subsidies to lenders.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., will be chairman of the House Financial Services Committee and has said building more affordable housing is at the top of his agenda. Wall Street is listening: Shares of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, companies in the government-sponsored mortgage business, rose Wednesday.

FOOD SAFETY

Food processors such as Tyson Foods and Cargill may face beefed-up scrutiny. The Democrat-led House agriculture appropriations subcommittee will likely be more aggressive in seeking funding for additional meat inspectors, stricter enforcement of food safety regulations and mandatory recalls when necessary.

ENERGY

Experts expect more scrutiny of Big Oil, including Exxon Mobil. Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., will lead the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and he is expected to seek stiffer enforcement of environmental violations. But don't worry about your SUV. Dingell represents Motown, after all, and he's steering clear of a strong position on raising fuel efficiency standards.

TAXES

Republicans say Democrats will let President Bush's tax cuts expire after 2010, tantamount to a tax increase. The Democrats disagree among themselves on the issue. They say tax cuts fueled the federal budget deficit. Many Dems like some of the cuts, and many favor letting them expire. Wall Street expects the status quo. Experts say it's unlikely that Democrats will immediately move to reverse the cuts because the party will be under pressure to control the budget and Bush would have to sign off on a repeal of his cuts.

MINIMUM WAGE

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., probably the next House speaker, has pledged that Democrats will move to raise the minimum hourly wage to $7.25 from $5.15. Republicans say this could hurt restaurants in particular and endanger 1.6 million workers, 20 percent of minimum wage earners.

This reports contains material from Star-Telegram research, McClatchy Newspapers and The AP.

Courtesy of my friends at the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/15968952.htm

ChumpDumper
11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/ap/media/BUSH_PELOSI.sff.jpg

Owned.

Dimm-O-Crap
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/ap/media/BUSH_PELOSI.sff.jpg

Owned.

My kind of woman. :eyebrows

mikejones99
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
wise old woman crushes a white man, amazing

Zunni
11-09-2006, 07:21 PM
The Republicans starting acting like the dimm-o-craps and
forgot that the conservatives put them in office.

See, you just have NO understanding of politics. The conservatives will always vote GOP. It was the moderates that the GOP sold a bill of goods to. They were the ones to cross over and vote Demo this time. The GOP was so far to the right right, they were about to fall off the fucking table. They were just stupid to get involved in a very protracted, unpopular, expensive war.

Ocotillo
11-09-2006, 09:58 PM
See, you just have NO understanding of politics. The conservatives will always vote GOP. It was the moderates that the GOP sold a bill of goods to. They were the ones to cross over and vote Demo this time. The GOP was so far to the right right, they were about to fall off the fucking table. They were just stupid to get involved in a very protracted, unpopular, expensive war.

Excellent post. The extreme right wing controls the Republican party these days and has alienated a good part of the country. Fortunately, the mouth pieces for these loons are on the radio saying that the Repubs lost their way and were not "conservative" enough. They point to Lincoln Chafee losing as proof. Well how do they explain Rick Santorum, Katherine Harris, Conrad Burns and George Allen biting the big one?

The country is dividing. The northeast and midwest are flipping the south off. Years ago when LBJ passed the Civil Rights, the rednecks down south began leaving the Democratic party and flocking to the Republicans. They have always been conservative in the south whether they called themselves Democrats or Republicans. Now the north is saying, screw you rednecks, we are using a voting power to counter balance against you bunch of yahoos.

The swing states now are increasingly the western mountain states (Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, Arizona and even Wyoming).

By combining environmentalism with the sportsmen who share a common love of the land, the west is becoming more friendly to Democrats like Jon Tester.

xrayzebra
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Goes to show you. What did the winners campaign on.
Conservative principles. Nancy may have her hands
full. No pun intended. Besides at her age, she more than
likely couldn't handle it.

Ocotillo
11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
You guys act like Trotsky and Lenin are now running the U.S. Congress. Democrats cover a broad swatch of the political spectrum and are a diverse bunch. We are an inclusive party. The extreme right wing of the Republican party now stews about purging their party even more of the moderates within their party. I hope Newt and Hannity and Rush get their way about the Repubs. It would doom them to permanent minority status because they are so far out of step with the American populace.

RandomGuy
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM

That is a message that I can only hope will make it to the top of the Democratic party.

From the ethics and lobbying reform proposals, I can only be encouraged.

I will be PISSED if the Dems fuck up their best chance to show how corrupt the GOP congress really was, and how truly incompetant this administration is.

RandomGuy
11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
You guys act like Trotsky and Lenin are now running the U.S. Congress. Democrats cover a broad swatch of the political spectrum and are a diverse bunch. We are an inclusive party. The extreme right wing of the Republican party now stews about purging their party even more of the moderates within their party. I hope Newt and Hannity and Rush get their way about the Repubs. It would doom them to permanent minority status because they are so far out of step with the American populace.

Yup. Revolutions tend to eat their young.

The Republican revolution caused nothing but the moderates to be considered "not Republican enough".

The worst mistake the GOP could make would be to further alienate moderates.

Oh, Gee!!
11-10-2006, 02:49 PM
I thought Yoni was a Lib

boutons_
11-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Dems and Repugs know the country is now watching closely what the fuck goes on in Congress and in Iraq.

The ONLY people I'm worried about fucking up the next 2 years are nut-winger like DeLay (still has influence, Boner, etc as they try to block everything and anyting the Dems try to do or un-do.

If the Repugs are heavy obstructionists with dubya lamed, they will lose in 2008. Not enough nut-case sheep-dumb sheeple in their base to offset the blacks, Hispanics, youth, moderates, and Dems.

xrayzebra
11-10-2006, 03:12 PM
We are an inclusive party.

Sure you are! :lol :downspin: :oink